As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So it looks like ESO is all on one server anyway, just split up into regions. I made a Khajiit named Full Catastrophe!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    So it looks like ESO is all on one server anyway, just split up into regions. I made a Khajiit named Full Catastrophe!

:[

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Blankzilla wrote: »

Mori is the father of two children.

• Options
    The normal human father to two normal human children, to be specific.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I have been waiting for the sequel, Octotoddler

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Blankzilla wrote: »

Mori is the father of two children.

An explanation is not the same as an excuse.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Now I want to make one called Full Metal Khajit

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Here's an upcoming game called Creature Keeper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl7MkD5iXG4
    Creature Keeper is a top-down action-adventure RPG where you can befriend wild creatures and raise them to fight alongside you! Scout the creatures of the world and build up your dream team! Cook foods to strengthen your creatures and craft trinkets from the materials grown in your pocket garden. Learn skills from your strongest to help you take on bigger creatures.

Befriend bats and fight skeletons!

It's made its kickstarter goal already, but is still taking backers for the next few days.

Brolo on
  • Options

Nov 6- Meteorfall Krumit's Tale EA (deck builder, desktop-dungeons, charming)

oh and it looks like I missed this one a few days ago, it's a deckbuilder called Meteorfall

Meteorfall: Krumit’s Tale is very different. It’s wearing the skin of a deckbuilding roguelike, but it’s pushing my brain in the same direction as abstract puzzlers like 868-Hack or Desktop Dungeons. I’ve only played for half an hour, but it might be good enough to stand alongside them.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/08/meteorfall-krumits-tale-is-tile-based-roguelike-deckbuilding-out-now-on-early-access/

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Well, started playing divinity: Original Sin 2 again.
    It took 18+ hours (not counting reloading for different conversation options and finding the right path/action order to satisfy me) to get through Fort Joy (2nd area of the game, but the first one was more of a tutorial) and arive to Driftwood.

That's 18 hours to get through an area i have gone through 3 times already.

It's very well made game, and playing on casual difficulty makes combat go much faster.
    But damn my packrat tendencies are hurting my enjoyment. I carry way too much crap (plates, mugs, fishbones, sleeping bags, forks, buckets...), almost none of it actually useful.
    Probably should also sell all the books i keep carrying with me.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Speaking of old MMOs like ESO, if you ever used to play Final Fantasy XI, there's a free gametime event going on: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/newsletter/191101_fKUWH1/index.html
    From now until the 18th you can login and play if you ever had an active account. Also, the base game is 50% off ($4.99) and the complete edition is 67% off ($9.99) if you want to give it a shot.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Ffffffffffffffuuuuuu

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    It took 18+ hours (not counting reloading for different conversation options and finding the right path/action order to satisfy me) to get through Fort Joy (2nd area of the game, but the first one was more of a tutorial) and arive to Driftwood.

It's very well made game, and playing on casual difficulty makes combat go much faster.
    But damn my packrat tendencies are hurting my enjoyment. I carry way too much crap (plates, mugs, fishbones, sleeping bags, forks, buckets...), almost none of it actually useful.

Pet Power
    Pet Power greatly enhances the summoning class and its infusion spells. With this feature, you can cast infusion spells on all available summons, not just your own Incarnate. Each summons receives different skills depending on the base elemental infusion type.

Combat Randomizer
    When entering combat, one or more random enemies will receive one of the new special statuses created specially for this feature. Think you know how a particular fight is going to go down? Not any more! This will change everything you thought you knew about combat, with each battle presenting a fresh new challenge.

Nine Lives (Back Cat+)
    Transforms the Black Cat into a follower. Once rescued, a whistle will appear in your inventory. You can use this if your cat gets lost or if you want to change who it follows.

Improved Organisation
    Find a collection of special bags that allow you to better (and automatically) organise your inventory.

Sourcerous Sundries
    In each major hub, you can now find a mysterious vendor selling exotic and potent artifacts. These artifacts can upgrade a character’s gear with immense power, bringing them up to the players' current level.

Hagglers
    Tired of forgetting to switch to your 'haggling' character when talking to traders? Now the reputation and skill of your whole party can help you wrangle the best prices!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1606024451705562126

Larian released this new free DLC, it came out on Friday, looks useful

Brolo on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Billiards in Yakuza 0 seems realistic, as I suck as much at it as I do irl

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »

Pet Power
    Pet Power greatly enhances the summoning class and its infusion spells. With this feature, you can cast infusion spells on all available summons, not just your own Incarnate. Each summons receives different skills depending on the base elemental infusion type.

Combat Randomizer
    When entering combat, one or more random enemies will receive one of the new special statuses created specially for this feature. Think you know how a particular fight is going to go down? Not any more! This will change everything you thought you knew about combat, with each battle presenting a fresh new challenge.

Nine Lives (Back Cat+)
    Transforms the Black Cat into a follower. Once rescued, a whistle will appear in your inventory. You can use this if your cat gets lost or if you want to change who it follows.

Improved Organisation
    Find a collection of special bags that allow you to better (and automatically) organise your inventory.

Sourcerous Sundries
    In each major hub, you can now find a mysterious vendor selling exotic and potent artifacts. These artifacts can upgrade a character’s gear with immense power, bringing them up to the players' current level.

Hagglers
    Tired of forgetting to switch to your 'haggling' character when talking to traders? Now the reputation and skill of your whole party can help you wrangle the best prices!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1606024451705562126

Larian released this new free DLC, it came out on Friday, looks useful

I am aware of them.
    They also disable acchievements.
    And while everyone always says that acchievements don't matter, they are wrong.
    If acchievements did not matter, games would not have them.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I discovered AI scripting and auto leveling in Pillars of Eternity so we are back in the saddle!

I think I may have just let a monstrous spider people escape and I am certain that will have no impact in later quests.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Nov 6- Meteorfall Krumit's Tale EA (deck builder, desktop-dungeons, charming)

oh and it looks like I missed this one a few days ago, it's a deckbuilder called Meteorfall

Meteorfall: Krumit’s Tale is very different. It’s wearing the skin of a deckbuilding roguelike, but it’s pushing my brain in the same direction as abstract puzzlers like 868-Hack or Desktop Dungeons. I’ve only played for half an hour, but it might be good enough to stand alongside them.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/08/meteorfall-krumits-tale-is-tile-based-roguelike-deckbuilding-out-now-on-early-access/

If you're not familiar, Meteorfall is also a mobile deckbuilding game, in which Krumit appears as a minor NPC. It's quite good, I've played a ton of it.

I'll definitely be picking this up in the future, but I might wait for it to leave EA.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Got around to redeeming the anniversary mount in Odyssey. I've been using the unicorn almost exclusively, and this keeps the theme going. Now my unicorn has wings!

... sadly, they can't actually fly. They will ignore fall damage, which is nice. I do a lot of "watch Ikaros fly from A to B" (this is relaxing) and sometimes I hit the wrong button or something goes wrong and control warps back to Kassandra. Having an actual flying mount would alleviate this minor issue that precisely one person in the world has, so they should totally allow it.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Is Kojima somehow obsessed with Monster Energy or did he get paid to feature it so prominently in Death Stranding

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's just a normal advertising funding deal

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    unlike the FF15 cup noodles which are there purely for the love of the cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9PN8pzSn2Q

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    If you told me that Kojima drinks like ten cans of Monster Energy each day I would totally believe it

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    If I had Kojima money I would pound the non-carbornated Monsters, but since I don't I have to settle for the Rockstar Pure Zero

I know, I'm going to die

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Kojima is the 30 year old boomer meme.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Oh man. Liam's loyalty mission is freaking hilarious.
    I was too angry at Liam to really appreciate it the first time through. Second time was better.

I still love Drack's the most though.
    Karoz wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    Ubisoft put out an Assassin's Creed Community Review thing

together, the community killed more than a billion mercenaries
    14% of player deaths were caused by fire
    21.4 million player deaths fighting the legendary animals; of those, 42.8% were caused by the legendary boars.
    most people specced warrior abilities
    roughly 6 billion kilometers were traveled; the poster notes that distance exceeds six round trips from Earth to Jupiter.

a few other interesting things on there, but those jumped out at me.

That makes a lot of sense. That was one of the most difficult fights in the game. Boars, in general, were far more difficult than any other animal. What I'm saying is fuck boars (but don't FUCK boars).

Well the legendary boars are worse
    It's a fart boar.

Its farts are poisonous.
    Boars.
    I thought the first one was harder, because of all the smaller ones attacking you.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    unlike the FF15 cup noodles which are there purely for the love of the cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9PN8pzSn2Q

I just noticed watching this, is the dialogue lip syncing in FF15 just kind of bad? if you mute it they look like they're doing animal crossing noises more than talking

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Platy on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Oh man. Liam's loyalty mission is freaking hilarious.
    I was too angry at Liam to really appreciate it the first time through. Second time was better.

I still love Drack's the most though.

Just about to do his. He's my least favourite squad member though. Probably my least favourite krogan in any ME game, and I love krogans. His entire shtick is patronising me and complaining and he's getting right on my nerves.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Yakuza 0 update: the Club Moon earnings are enormous

Majima's getting paid

and screw getting the highscores necessary for completion in the Sega arcade games. That's not going to happen

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Brolo on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tarkov Update:

Just had my most successful raid yet. Went into the Woods map to kill the 15 npc scavengers I needed for a mission. Took a pretty stock ADAR (a Russian knock-off of a civilian ar-15). I also bought some headset thing which helps make footsteps more pronounced. Ended up just slowly moving around this big rock outcropping called Lookout Rock killing scavs who kept moving through the area. Got a ton of loot, finished the mission, and ran for the exit.

I'd taken long enough that the raid was almost over and found bunches of other bodies on the way, players who been shot by someone else who already extracted. One had a shit ton of loot on him and I felt bad for him. Not before cramming all the most valuable stuff into my own overloaded bags and running for it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited November 2019
    the stars of 'I kinda want Breath of Fire III' and 'HPB has a sale' finally aligned, and so I picked it up

at the first light I opened the jewel case and noticed some thumbprints, nothing major. On the heels of that thought was, "why is the optical surface showing?" so I flipped it over and noticed, Dragon Quest VII.

hm.

fortunately, when they checked other stores they found a copy in another state. The manager makes a phone call (disc is correct, looks reasonable), and I go ahead and place the order. Oddly it was cheaper over there, so I spent less than I was expecting.

Tamin on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    My partner has shared her steam library with me. I have shared mine with them. We are both online. We cannot see each other's libraries. What are we doing wrong?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    My partner has shared her steam library with me. I have shared mine with them. We are both online. We cannot see each other's libraries. What are we doing wrong?

That's weird, had no problem seeing @EvmaAlsar and my libraries though the new update has confused things a bit. Now you can't actually play a game in their library if they are already playing something else, but I can see Evma's just fine.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

Whoa, we don't need to know what goes on in your bedroom.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    just a guess with the new layout, maybe her library will be in another 'collection'? I don't see why they would do that. Check the 4-box icon next to 'home'

alternatively, there's a "ready to play" button that may be interfering.

sorry I can't be of more help

edit: striking out that second guess; I found an example that contradicts it.

Tamin on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Finished Outer Wilds

It was good

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Nobody wants to work in my sawmill in Vicky 2

It might have to with the absolute lack of safety regulations in my country but I'm not sure

They all want to work in the Bottling Works

Platy on
  • Options
    Maybe they're sneaking booze at the bottling works?

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

Have you logged in to your own accounts on each other's machines? I dimly recall that being a step.

While we're on the subject, I'm not loving this new Steam interface which has melded mine and Christine's games into one amorphous list, it was bad enough remembering which games I owned before....

Prolegomena on
This discussion has been closed.