As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Noooooooooooooooo! :(

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Oh yeah, we just forgot" =/= GB is doomed!

All the cocaine is finally catching up to them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    PAX is great and all, but not going/not having a panel doesn't mean doom for anyone, much less Giant Bomb.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I am past the halfway mark on average male life expectancy in the US. Change is a scary reminder of mortality.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    east is ridiculously early this year so i get it

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    I am past the halfway mark on average male life expectancy in the US. Change is a scary reminder of mortality.

Yeah, stuff like Sunday's events remind you that nothing lasts forever.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Oh wow, I don't go to East so I didn't realize this had happened. Any explanation as to why it was pushed up?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Because they book the BCEC like ten years in advance and have to take what they can get

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

yeah it really screwed over South this year in terms of expo hall and panels, since it was only a month away.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Because they book the BCEC like ten years in advance and have to take what they can get

I mean, PAX East usually switches between being in March or being in April every other year. It's never been in February before, and I can't imagine a company like ReedPOP would somehow not have enough clout with BCEC to have the show around the time they'd normally like to have it. I don't know what's booked at BCEC during March and April that they couldn't get one of those weekends.

I have a friend group that always goes to these things, some of whom are either in the games biz or in a career that has put them very adjacent to GB, and we're all sorta openly wondering if we should even go this year. It's very odd.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I mean, PAX East usually switches between being in March or being in April every other year. It's never been in February before, and I can't imagine a company like ReedPOP would somehow not have enough clout with BCEC to have the show around the time they'd normally like to have it. I don't know what's booked at BCEC during March and April that they couldn't get one of those weekends.

I have a friend group that always goes to these things, some of whom are either in the games biz or in a career that has put them very adjacent to GB, and we're all sorta openly wondering if we should even go this year. It's very odd.

i think it's just people rent centers out decades in advance so sometimes the schedule goes sideways.

i know pax west gets moved off labor day weekend every couple years because of some small show that has been going to the wscc forever and had their contract first or something like that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This is hardly the first time it's had shit timing, I don't even know why this is remotely surprising

Like, taking place on Easter weekend? Taking place at literally the same time as GDC?

Shit goes bad sometimes when you're scheduling a decade in advance, it's unavoidable

• Options
    I mean they probably pick holiday weekends on purpose, like how West is on Labor Day.

I can understand picking a bad weekend in March or April. But the show being an entire month or two earlier than it ever has been?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I know they are locked into the BCEC for another year, I think when I went in 2011 they said they contracted it for 10 years, don't know if that means '21 or '22. The other place was closer to stuff like multiple hotels and restaurants and it was a bummer having to commute if you didnt get a room adjacent to the BCEC.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    good Friend of the Site David Galindo's new entry into the Strand Game genre is out on Early Access today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re7iyimHDiI

Time to reunite the United States. With a food truck

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Ryan was the man who sold me on the first game and it’s great that he was immortalized with his own burger.

Looking forward to the new game.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I haven't come across it in 3 yet, but there's a Corndog variant in 2 called the Gerstmann iirc (based off his dogged insistence in the first QL)

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Ryan was the man who sold me on the first game and it’s great that he was immortalized with his own burger.

Are those games good? I feel like I might have 1 and/or 2 in my Steam library and I've never checked them out.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I've only played CSD1 but I enjoyed most of what I played

But also the game gave me too many flashbacks to my time in the food service industry and I had to stop playing.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    He goes on to say it's specifically a budgetary thing.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2020

Are those games good? I feel like I might have 1 and/or 2 in my Steam library and I've never checked them out.

I enjoyed them. If you have both I would say try two out at least with all the improvements and see if you like it.

I want to purchase 3 but steam (was) borked but now sorted. Yay

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    1 is probably the easiest to play, it has the simplest most straightforward progression and mechanics and I think it's the most approachable

2 sacrifices some of that simplicity for massively broader and deeper management metagame strategy, new mechanics (holding stations) that offer a new range of playstyles, absolutely gorgeous food animation and artwork and restaurant customization via gratuitous loot drops. Also, co-op mode

If I were making a suggestion as to which to play, I'd say try a couple rounds of CSD to appreciate the core conceit of the game (and the funny emails) and head straight to CSD2 for the challenge

• Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    CSD2 straight-up kicked my ass, so I'd definitely hit up the first beforehand.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    CSD2 straight-up kicked my ass, so I'd definitely hit up the first beforehand.

CSD1 kicked my ass, lol.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    One of the interesting things that CSD2 offers is that you can set exactly how many order stations you have, so if you're looking to take the edge off the rush hour periods you can do that
    iirc 2 (and 3) also have zen modes where customer patience is greatly increased and you can just cook to your hearts content

• Options
    Also in 3 a quick flick or press and you send ready orders straight out. The new game makes it a lot more wave based and allows for some heads up prep.

• Options
    I'm actually leaning towards 2 being slightly better balanced, my main issue so far with the structure of 3 is that you only get non-Holding Station orders between stops so there's half your menu where at the start you process like... 7-8 of them and then 10-15 orders apiece from the other half of your menu.

It's really weirdly skewed.
    Additionally, I feel like the "instantly send everything out" button is a bit of a trap if you're not timing the rest of your orders correctly, since an order station gets a ticket from a preset time every order you sent out at once gets replaced by tickets all at once, their patience starts ticking down pretty much all at once, etc.

iirc in the Unfinished, Galindo mentions it's kind of a function that allows controller users to be able to cope with the sheer number of order stations possible - on keyboard I'm much more a fan of manually sending orders out so I end up with a gradual rhythm of orders.

• Options
    The series definitely leaned more towards controller play as it went on, esp when the food options are now on different pages because the controller only has so many buttons.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    My big hangup with 1 is having to move off of homerow to do the up down left right things on the arrow keys. If it was strictly homerow position stuff, using the keyboard could be really nice.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

A miserable pile of secrets.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    It's the 20th anniversary of the first Sims apparently, and it would be cool if Abby did a stream of it.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2020

WHAT

Oh nm, she corrects herself in the next tweet. Only two years. Phew. I was about to start throwing things.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

WHAT

Oh nm, she corrects herself in the next tweet. Only two years. Phew. I was about to start throwing things.

Reminds me of when my mom did some math wrong when trying to figure out dates and then got annoyed at me when I corrected her because I stole a year from her.

• Options
    Abby getting forgetful in her old age.

steam_sig.png

• Options
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    A tattoo of mount Rushmore with Larry King, Bjork, Elvira, and Dolly Parton is something I really want to see now.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    “That’s not family.”
    https://youtu.be/k1MSRvdBgrQ

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    1. Of course they were always going to have to eventually bring Han back.
    2. Fast X - Jason (Statham) in space
    2a. Tokyo Moon buggy drift

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.