As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    It's also competing with fireglass leather on the drop, so that could be why.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The fireglass vest was the other thing I was looking at for glam purposes, so honestly ever getting either of those as drops would be fine.

Really just looking for a good casual top that doesn't clash horribly if you dye it.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

SabreMau on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I decided to try using a VPN yesterday to see if it would actually cause a noticeable improvement to my latency. And boy, I wasn't prepared for how much of a difference it made. Suddenly I'm not clipping my GCD during the Ninja opener. As Summoner, I can double weave stuff during the Bahamut window and still get all the wyrmwaves in. As Machinist, using a Gauss Round or Ricochet between Heat Blasts doesn't clip them at all.

I don't have enough of an understanding of networking to get how a VPN could make this much of a difference, but I'm glad I tried it.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Yeah I use NoPing myself and it is a night and day difference. FF14 in particular has apparently always had extremely inefficient net routing so anything that cuts out the middlemen makes a huge impact.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    They ain't got no tunnels and all the US servers are on the west coast or something

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    The US servers used to be somewhere in central US I think, but they moved them all to the West Coast a few years ago. I was leveling Ninja at the time and could suddenly no longer get off a Mudra in my rotation anymore (Mudras were off cooldown then).

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I'm on the very east coast of Canada, so I suppose it makes some sense why the difference is so huge for me. I was expecting an improvement, but not this much.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I think the servers were in Montreal back in the day.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    We technically started progging TEA tonight

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I think this fight might be difficult

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    I finished Stormblood tonight! Onwards to Shadowbringers.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    ph blake wrote: »
    We technically started progging TEA tonight

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I think this fight might be difficult

Expect the fight to take you about as long as it took to get through all of E5-8s.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I went to a wedding the other day and it was actually really well done and tasteful. Plus it’s all instanced. Basically solved all the problems of Wow weddings where roving gangs would come murder everyone.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    It's funny because they still make you schedule and reserve the space so ceremonies don't overlap, which makes me think they're actually not instanced

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Are there cutscenes?

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Are there cutscenes?

Yeah, I know there's definitely one at the end of the ceremony (there are several different ones and the couple picks the one they want), and I think there might be a cutscene at the beginning too, but I can't remember. You also get access to a few cosmetics, and depending on the wedding package you bought, all your guests might get some gifts too.

• Options
    Mine was the el cheapo package so no cool goodie bag, but they had a few different cutscenes, the best being where they magically infused their giant diamond wedding rings with aetherial energy and super sentai’d them onto their fingers.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    It's funny because they still make you schedule and reserve the space so ceremonies don't overlap, which makes me think they're actually not instanced

Considering it costs actual real life money I think they want to use reservations to ensure the instance server for the ceremonies is not going to flip out from 100 weddings happening at the same time.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Man, the Shadowbringers story has been a BLAST. People weren't kidding when they said how good it was. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in it right now. I can't find the "To Be Continued..." quest. :(

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Viera
    Zython wrote: »
    Man, the Shadowbringers story has been a BLAST. People weren't kidding when they said how good it was. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in it right now. I can't find the "To Be Continued..." quest. :(

can you click the MSQ helper thing in the upper left of the UI to have it tell you where to go? failing that, what's the last thing you remember doing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

can you click the MSQ helper thing in the upper left of the UI to have it tell you where to go? failing that, what's the last thing you remember doing

o Be Continued means that the they have fully caught up on the MSQ.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Viera
    oh right lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

o Be Continued means that the they have fully caught up on the MSQ.

Yeah, but I want it now.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

Is the bun the tank or the healer?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias

Yes I counted to make sure it was the correct party size.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I use a lot of fantasias

Yes I counted to make sure it was the correct party size.

1 Viera and 7 Lalafel. Checks out to me.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Viera
    I think it would be more believable on the JP servers, lalafels are waaaay more popular over there

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    My edgelord Au Ra with shadow the hedgehog hair loves hanging out with the representatives of the Lollipop Guild in dungeons.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Badablack wrote: »
    My edgelord Au Ra with shadow the hedgehog hair loves hanging out with the representatives of the Lollipop Guild in dungeons.

I always feel like Eorzea's Worst Babysitter when I get three lalas in roulette.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Miqo'te
    Yeah, feelin like a kindergarten teacher who was sent on the worst field trip ever.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    I think it would be more believable on the JP servers, lalafels are waaaay more popular over there

Also the reason female lalafells are the race with the most ultimate clears

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

I always feel like Eorzea's Worst Babysitter when I get three lalas in roulette.

Every time this happens to me the lalas 100% commit to the bit with no prompting from me. I'm pretty sure they don't know each other ahead of time either usually.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    turtleant wrote: »

Every time this happens to me the lalas 100% commit to the bit with no prompting from me. I'm pretty sure they don't know each other ahead of time either usually.

Probably because at least one has seen this:
    https://xivnomnom.tumblr.com/post/142101312502/new-comic-this-ones-based-on-a-true-story-all

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Seems accurate.

This discussion has been closed.