As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I've got everything off the mogtome vendor except the dog collar which I probably won't get. Just going to aim for Gold Saucer tickets now, I guess.

Any chance we're getting a Make it Rain event this year? It's about time the time of year for it I think, and that would theoretically double the value of the tickets if I don't use them until then.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I think it would be more believable on the JP servers, lalafels are waaaay more popular over there
    Seems accurate.

Yeah, I knew someone here was running a static that was literally that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Hyur
    I did a Praetorium run once with 6 lalas and my Highlander. The other tall person was a Roegadyn who immediately pointed at me and said "You. You're second in command" when we started.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Yeah, feelin like a kindergarten teacher who was sent on the worst field trip ever.

I'd rather have the kiddy lalafels than the other kind you get in dungeons....

JAUlMm1.jpg

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Hyur
    Got Dark Knight to 80, joining Gunbreaker, Dragoon, Monk, Samurai, Machinist, Black Mage, Summoner, and Scholar at the cap, so that's more than half of all jobs finished. Next up is Red Mage (70), followed by Warrior (52) and Ninja (55), which I'll level together because I get bored focusing on a Tank job too much. I'll get to Paladin (50), Bard (34), and Dancer (63) eventually, but none of those really excite me right now. White Mage (20) and Astrologian (30) are likely to go unplayed until last, if I level them at all. It's anyone's guess whether my urge for completion will overwhelm my distaste for healing.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Got Dark Knight to 80, joining Gunbreaker, Dragoon, Monk, Samurai, Machinist, Black Mage, Summoner, and Scholar at the cap, so that's more than half of all jobs finished. Next up is Red Mage (70), followed by Warrior (52) and Ninja (55), which I'll level together because I get bored focusing on a Tank job too much. I'll get to Paladin (50), Bard (34), and Dancer (63) eventually, but none of those really excite me right now. White Mage (20) and Astrologian (30) are likely to go unplayed until last, if I level them at all. It's anyone's guess whether my urge for completion will overwhelm my distaste for healing.

Nicely done! I just got DRK to 80, too. Right now, all I have at 80 are SMN, SCH, NIN, and BRD. I'm gonna do SAM next, followed by PLD and DRG, then take a break.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Hyur
    Weird question, but in the FMV trailers, does anyone know what armor the WoL is wearing when he's shown first as an Archer? Looks like some kind of harness chest in the Shadowbringers trailer. All the other "canon" armors are easy, since they're just the AF sets for 50 Warrior, 60 Dragoon, 70 Monk and Samurai, and 80 Dark Knight. And now I've got those all set up for that planned New Game + canon jobs run.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Viera
    his outfit as an archer is probably some 1.0/ARR leveling gear, because it's his outfit from the 1.0 opening cinematic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opQjN74Meec

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    As far as I know, the look of the gear in-game wasn't finalized when that trailer was created. Nothing in 1.X looks quite like the WoL's armor in either the 1.0 or ShB trailers.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Viera
    there's a piece that looks pretty close I think

XIVstyle unhelpfully does not appear to have listings for vendor/crafted pre-50 gear

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    Ah well. I'll probably just glamour the Hyur starting gear for the first 30 levels then.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    ofFavZq.jpg

Turns out that 70 to 71, before Holminster Switch and Trusts become available, takes a really long time when you're doing them on 11 classes at once. Especially with the reduction in the armory bonus.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »
    ofFavZq.jpg

Turns out that 70 to 71, before Holminster Switch and Trusts become available, takes a really long time when you're doing them on 11 classes at once. Especially with the reduction in the armory bonus.

3 of the 69 dungeon w/the exp+ earing will do the trick.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing, with Shared FATE farming in between on jobs where the queue's not instant, but even then it takes a while. Castrum Abania with 30% earring and 10% FC buff and 3% food gives me 3,284,416, which still takes about 3.8 runs to earn the full 12,449,000 XP to go from 70 to 71. Per class.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    At 70 you should be able to squeeze out an extra 4 million XP a day on one Job from the Pixie dailies.

Lars on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Yep, I used my leveling classes to catch up on best tribe quests. Granted, all of my classes were already leveled past 2.X and I hadn't even unlocked the Vanu (HW) or Ananta (SB) when I started, but I have several more mounts/minions than when I started!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    I just hit Rank 7 with Pixies today and was disappointed to be reminded that doing that doesn't automatically reward you with another set of three dailies. This is the second character that I've done any real beast tribe rep grind with, and I'm not really looking forward to doing the ARR ones all over again. Prioritizing finishing off Namazu (already Bloodsworn with the other two) and then the three HW ones. If only the experience gain from them didn't completely crater as soon as you reached the max level for that expansion.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    larryzaur has updated his "which job should I play?" video for shabby babby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_vH-1WZQ3A

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Roegadyn

Thread with other threads in the replies

Long story short: the "LGBT" named fellowship in most every server is linked to Lethys, a cis gay man who is abusive to his partners and bigoted against other parts of the LGBT community, and his bot Sir Ameryic has spyware embedded in it.

Can't remember if this has been brought up here before but people should be aware, and get rid of the bought on your discord servers if you have it.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Miqo'te
    I've seen people push back against the "aymeric bot is spyware" claim by pointing out that the bot itself is discord verified, but also I'm not sure what the verification process actually entails so?

Edit: Looking at the verification process and it seems to just mention submitting personal info and agreeing to whitelist certain things, so I don't think that would actually prove anything security wise?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Well that's a bummer. The Aether Hunts Discord uses Ser Aymeric, but thankfully Aether Hunts has strict rules against chatting. So all Ser Aymeric is getting there is info on monster spawns.

Still though, that's gross and creepy to say the least.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Miqo'te
    Is this the same Ser Aymeric bot on the hunt train discord? Luckily I never actually interact with that channel outside of occasionally checking it for hunt trains but that still sucks.

Edit: a bit late having walked away from my computer for half an hour

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    That's... really worrying. My static's Discord has an Aymeric bot channel. If this is accurate, I'm hoping we can remove it.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    I was on the fence about the spyware allegations initially cause screenshots aren't exactly the greatest evidence for something like this, but something about the creator's response in one of the big FFXIV discords I'm in set off some alarms.

Lots of stuff that didn't actually address the concerns raised, constantly pointing to the discord verification process as a shield, but all typed up to sound Very Reasonable in that bullshit PR response kind of way.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Yeah, The Balance uses it, and anytime it's brought up everyone immediately shits all over the allegations with no real counter-argument
    saw one person say they dismissed the claims because the post called Lythis a predator

• Options
    Seems a weird hill to die on, to be honest. Why not ask for the bot’s source code for code review or switch to an open-source bot?

• Options
    Hyur
    Sounds to me like people rejecting the "he's abusive" part first, for any of the many reasons people have to defend shitty people in their community, and then the "his bot is spyware" part gets swept under the rug with it, without any investigation.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I just unsubscribed from The Balance. I'm hardly playing my DoW/M classes anyway, so I figured I'd just save myself from another headache down the road.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Zython wrote: »
    Seems a weird hill to die on, to be honest. Why not ask for the bot’s source code for code review or switch to an open-source bot?

Someone involved with V2 of the bot put this up. It can get pretty technical, but the big thing is that the bot is automatically copying every message on a given server and saving it to a database that Lethys can check out whenever he likes. My opinion is he can go fuck himself while I look into getting Kupo Bot set up instead.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Sounds to me like people rejecting the "he's abusive" part first, for any of the many reasons people have to defend shitty people in their community, and then the "his bot is spyware" part gets swept under the rug with it, without any investigation.

Well that's a dumb reason to make themselves liable for a lawsuit.

• Options
    Au'ra
    Skeith wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »

Someone involved with V2 of the bot put this up. It can get pretty technical, but the big thing is that the bot is automatically copying every message on a given server and saving it to a database that Lethys can check out whenever he likes. My opinion is he can go fuck himself while I look into getting Kupo Bot set up instead.

So what happens if you message him invoking GDPR again? Specifically, demand a data dump.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    aether hunts just made an announcement that they're "changing their bot structure," with more details to come... I assume they're dropping ser aymeric

• Options
    Miqo'te
    Meanwhile the balance posts an announcement that is basically just a copy/paste of Lethy's response, ignores all the actual issues that people might have, and ends with a condescending meme copypasta about the WHO warning everyone about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide beacause "be careful about what you read on the internet."

Fuck that server. I've stuck around mostly cause the caster channels are really good info and I, personally, don't care even if some jackass logs all my discord messages complaining about Summoner pet AI, but god the admins and chat channels are just garbage. I stuck all the job guides and BiS gearsets into a google doc, then left.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Yo heads up, the Dragon Quest event is coming back. 7-2 to 7-27

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2020/Theres_Golems_in_Those_Hills/

It's been like, 6 years since it first happened so get on that shit

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Huh. What's next, a Lightning Returns rerun?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    There's really not much to the DQ event at all, but it's neat that there's a new opportunity to get those items.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Huh. What's next, a Lightning Returns rerun?

I'd rather a rerun of Shantotto. Fight giant Shantottos again.

Yes, I know it's almost certainly not gonna happen, since they already put the Shantotto minion in the cash shop, but... I liked that event.

In any case, it's good that they can bring back these older events to fill in a bit of time while things are delayed; much better than just leaving it alone.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    there were rumblings of bringing yokai watch stuff back but maybe that fell through

This discussion has been closed.