As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Yeah one of the big things about this game is you can’t do very much content on one character so you need at least 9 alts
    I have an eventual goal. At one point I would like to be able to tank, DPS, or heal at level cap on every data center in the game. Granted, from here it's going to take two server transfers to make that fully happen, and for now I've been waiting to see if they eventually declare any to be Congested so that I can hop over on a free ride.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Yeah one of the big things about this game is you can’t do very much content on one character so you need at least 9 alts

Reminds me of when I used to play a ton of Dungeon Fighter Online. So many alts.

For the record Zay is being very Zay. You can play every single class on a single character.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Miqo'te
    Sabremau with the go big or go home flex.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i’ve said it before, zay is a casual gamer

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    and i was right

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    extremely tito voice sorry i can't do sosex right now guys, i need to make love to my wife

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    this is the content im here for

• Options
    extremely tito voice sorry i can't do sosex right now guys, i need to make love to my wife

i will never apologize for engaging in erp irl

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I need suggestions for things to try RE: leveling up in the GC.

I've been stuck at Chief Serpent Sergeant forever and google is utterly fucking useless. Every suggestion I've come across ive quickly done, or already had done long ago. No dice.

Finished ARR
    Did Amdapor Keep/Lost City
    Did...some other duty that was suggested
    Hunting log 2 is done

There's either a sneaky sidequest somewhere that I missed, or it's one of these other random Hard duties I haven't done like Haukke or something. Or it's a bug. Found some similar posts from like 2013 with the same problem and some people thought it might just be bugged.

It actually just occurred to me that they might have added more ranks in an expansion, so maybe I need to advance through HW more? Or beyond?

Any ideas? Somebody please make this make sense. Everything I've read indicates that I should have it unlocked.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I use a lot of fantasias
    I need suggestions for things to try RE: leveling up in the GC.

I've been stuck at Chief Serpent Sergeant forever and google is utterly fucking useless. Every suggestion I've come across ive quickly done, or already had done long ago. No dice.

Finished ARR
    Did Amdapor Keep/Lost City
    Did...some other duty that was suggested
    Hunting log 2 is done

There's either a sneaky sidequest somewhere that I missed, or it's one of these other random Hard duties I haven't done like Haukke or something. Or it's a bug. Found some similar posts from like 2013 with the same problem and some people thought it might just be bugged.

It actually just occurred to me that they might have added more ranks in an expansion, so maybe I need to advance through HW more? Or beyond?

Any ideas? Somebody please make this make sense. Everything I've read indicates that I should have it unlocked.

Complete the sidequest “Gilding the Bilious” available from Vorsaile Heuloix

editing in the full list of requirements: "Completion of Hunting Log: Order of the Twin Adder Rank 2, Gilding the Bilious (Twin Adder), and 9,000 Serpent Seals"

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I did that within the current expansion cycle and the only things it required was Gilding the Bilious (which sends you to Aurum Vale... not sure what requires AK) and the hunting log.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    yeah usually the weird gc stuff is either a hunting log or some side quest that involves doing an optional dungeon

at least until the last couple ranks and the squadron comes into play

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    lol wtf

I had that quest done a while ago. When I posted, the guy insisted I didn't meet the requirements. I logged out for a bit to see what y'all came up with.

Logged back in to check on that quest, found out I already did it, then went to talk to the guy again...but now its all good apparently. :P

Thanks, y'all. No idea what finally fixed it. I've talked to the promotion guy every day lately....but today, when I finally ask about it, it just suddenly works.

Friggin weird

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Viera
    -

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    upsetting

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Roegadyn
    vzzy5k88d9c51.png

Javen on
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I had to move superbolide away to a new spot because I kept it where my paladin’s invuln was, and I kept reflexively hitting it whenever and giving healers heart attacks.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    So a week or so of hard grinding later, I manage to run through to level 60 in Eureka just in time to get into Baldesion. Doing great too, until we got to about 30% on Ozma and some jagoff goes full Mhach with an Ozma meteor(you never go full Mhach). Sadly I did not get my mount tonight.

At least I am in a position to start catching some of those Discord runs, one way or another I'm getting that damn thing.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Keep at it! BA is super cool and unique and that first clear feels so damn good.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Lalafell
    I'm loving MCH right now because unlike my BRD, poorly timed burst windows are completely my fault instead of a dice roll. I love being in control of my failure.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    BRD is top tier "class I like playing best when I'm to tired to worry about fucking up".

I'm not a huge fan of the BRD leveling experience because its basically 50 levels of slowly making your rotation actually function right.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Lalafell
    you mean 50 levels of spamming aoe while running in circles

zucchini on
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    50 levels of just going through the motions in dungeons while thinking about your new Highway to Hell music macro

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Update: kyoob

XZOTjMy.png

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/2jOMKiSFF7k

A very funny streamer I like checks out 1.0 using the power of the echo

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    And the next Tale from the Shadows is up - A Dream Partnership, in where a hero meets his noble steed...

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Cactuar

This is a good guide, but Palace of the Dead goes way further then 51-60 now. I think it goes to 200?

• Options
    Roegadyn
    51-60 are the potd floors people spam to level side jobs, so they're the only relevant part to what the video is about

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah, PotD the content goes up high

PotD the leveling content you can find people actually queueing for only exists in 51-60

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Is there actual content in the higher floors? Like story stuff, or new mechanics? Or is it the same as the lower floors, but more of them?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    Floor 100 is the end of the story. 101-200 is a higher-level duplicate of 1-100.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    There is a story to POTD, and your chances at getting the more rare cosmetic rewards gets higher the deeper you go I believe

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Roegadyn
    the later floors of palace of the dead (and heaven on high for that matter) are great if you're looking for challenging content for premade groups of 4, something the game otherwise mostly lacks

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    As long as you gotta stable connection anyway, cause they are loooooooong and there ain't no checkpoints

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    there's a checkpoint every ten floors?

• Options
    Cactuar
    Also I think if you do up level 200 you get a mount?

• Options
    Au'ra
    They can't target you if they can't look directly at you.

bX8VAIw.png

• Options
    Roegadyn
    there's a checkpoint every ten floors?

past floor 100? I thought 100 to 200 was a straight shot.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.