As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I have no idea how any other PPV tops this one for the rest of the year.

Just has been utterly fantastic.

When you only have six matches on the card you can give each one time to develop. Weird how that works.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The Ciampa/Gargano feud will never end. Those two will be putting each other through tables in their nursing home.

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    Man I got a lot of feelings right now.

Only a few things in life you can count on, death, taxes, and NXT Takeover never disappointing.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Great matches, great pacing, and one of the most consistently hot crowds I've ever heard. What a show. What an absolute goddamn show.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    WHY WOULD CIAMPA AGREE TO THAT SPOT?!

FFS, what is wrong with some of these guys?

.. what was this in response to? I didn't watch the show.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    WHY WOULD CIAMPA AGREE TO THAT SPOT?!

FFS, what is wrong with some of these guys?

.. what was this in response to? I didn't watch the show.

Ciampa took a wheelbarrow suplex onto the corner of the announce table. He hit right against his shoulder blades, but he grabbed his neck afterwards and gave everyone watching a heart attack.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    So, that was my in person wrestling show in my whole life more or less. I'm assuming this is what I should expect from any show going forward, right?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    burbo wrote: »
    So, that was my in person wrestling show in my whole life more or less. I'm assuming this is what I should expect from any show going forward, right?

How's your voice? Was the crowd as loud in person as it sounded over the TV?

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Did anyone watch the Ruthless Aggression thing?

Apparently they framed the switch from WWF to WWE as something the did on purpose to change the brand and ditch the attitude era, not because they lost the court case.

So I'm really curious what other stuff they rewrote.

And how they get around not discussing Benoit, who was a huge part of those years.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular

Apparently they framed the switch from WWF to WWE as something the did on purpose to change the brand and ditch the attitude era, not because they lost the court case.

And how they get around not discussing Benoit, who was a huge part of those years.

Do forum posts still have a character limit? Because this may take a while.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I was already real wary of the angle because "black man tries to steal white man's wife" is an extremely loaded angle

But woof that is barf city

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dream. Buddy. I love you, but this ain't it.

• Options

I watched it and it was entirely propaganda. They made it completely seem as the move from WWF to WWE was to shake thing up creatively not because they lost a lawsuit. Also they glossed over the fact that they could have signed Goldberg once they purchased WCW but instead made it seem like he just was too expensive/not worth the money.

Pretty much sums up a lot of the problems with the WWE they lie to themselves as much as they do their fans.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Has there been an example where twitter has actually added anything to a feud?

It's always just the most cringy, eye rolling stuff.

• Options
    I feel like Becky Lynch's twitter work during the Ronda feud last year was excellent. But that could be my Becky fandom talking.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »

How's your voice? Was the crowd as loud in person as it sounded over the TV?

Voice is dead, and the crowd was really loud. Funnily enough, the loudest the crowd was, was probably booing Sam Robert's in the pre show, and cheering Monsoor.

I dont know the history, any specific reason Sam Roberts was booed every time he spoke?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    He just sucks and is supposedly paying to be there and suck

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    I feel like Becky Lynch's twitter work during the Ronda feud last year was excellent. But that could be my Becky fandom talking.

It made me actively fear a shoot in the middle of the ring between 2 wrestlers and an mma fighter, which dampened my anticipation for the match. I didn't even care who won, I was just happy that Ronda wasn't in the ring anymore.

Maybe that's just me though.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Chucky T's Twitter is both enlightening and good for creating side stories to his ongoing storylines

One day he'll get to say shit live on air and I'll be right there with him

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    jonny439 wrote: »

I watched it and it was entirely propaganda. They made it completely seem as the move from WWF to WWE was to shake thing up creatively not because they lost a lawsuit. Also they glossed over the fact that they could have signed Goldberg once they purchased WCW but instead made it seem like he just was too expensive/not worth the money.

Pretty much sums up a lot of the problems with the WWE they lie to themselves as much as they do their fans.

There is some truth to that second one. Time Warner was paying a lot of money to the top WCW talent, and WWF would have had to pay it out if they took on the contracts. They clearly didn't want to do it.

As for whether it'd have been worth it to do it... They should have either done it or not done the invasion angle. If they were going to have WCW "invade", they needed to have the top WCW talent to lead them. Booker and DDP were awesome, but no Hogan, Hall, Nash, Sting, Goldberg, or Flair hurt that angle a lot.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    It didn't help that when DDP came in he wasn't the cool leader, but a weirdo stalking the Undertaker's wife and losing to him right away

Magell on
  • Options
    I think Goldberg vs Austin would have been worth his contract alone. I get not wanting to take on Hall and Nash considering their issues but Goldberg vs Austin is such a huge missed opportunity.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Goldberg is well known to have issues with matches that aren't a roflstomp for him and I would have hated to see Austin subjected to that shit.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    It didn't help that when DDP came in he wasn't the cool leader, but a weirdo stalking and losing to the Undertaker's wife.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    At least we got the pure beauty of Alliance MVP Chris Kanyon, that alone makes the invasion angle a success tbh.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

And one of whose branded catchphrases (he never said it, but it was on a bunch of merch, including shirts he wore to the ring) was Toothless Aggression, referencing his missing incisor.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Remember when Buff Bagwell was supposed to be one of the leaders of the Invasion and then they dropped with no explanation after two weeks because he sucked so bad?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mansoor, that WWE wrestler who did antisemitic taunts in front of Shia Labeouf's "He Will Not Divide Us" art exhibit, is back at it

• Options
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

I realize that Dream is supposed to blur the lines between face and heel. I do.

But this is just stupid and unentertaining schlock.

Do better, man.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh huh

Apparently the Tag Battle Royal on Dynamite has a rule where BOTH members of the team must be eliminated

I like that!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    In case you wanted a closeup of Becky's new jacket, here it is.

Love the nameplate trophies of all the debts she's been collecting.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Becky just needs a few more Ki-Symbols and she can challenge for the Dragon Star.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Looks like BUSHIROAD is cancelling all non-njpw events until like mid March because of coronavirus

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Strong style, indeed.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Liger, The Bellas and Davey Boy Smith goin into the HOF this year.

One of these isnt like the other

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Only one of them allegedly shot up a dog with drugs?

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    look just because liger isn't a hoss like nikki and bulldog

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.