As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I'm really sad that Bray ripped his sweater off and there wasn't another sweater underneath.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    I'm going to the NXT takeover tomorrow, but haven't been watching the NXT since, oh, ever (i've watched a few of the takeovers previously). Is there anything I should know, going in? Is there like a hype package/preview out there somewhere?

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    burbo wrote: »
    I'm going to the NXT takeover tomorrow, but haven't been watching the NXT since, oh, ever (i've watched a few of the takeovers previously). Is there anything I should know, going in? Is there like a hype package/preview out there somewhere?

Match Rundown:
    • NXT Championship - Adam Cole (c) vs Tommaso Ciampa - Adam Cole, still a dick, still NXT Champion. Tommaso Ciampa, neck works again, wants the belt he's invested his entire self-worth in back. The Undisputed Era's Prophecy of Gold was fulfilled, but the cracks in the foundation are beginning to show with Roderick Strong losing the North American Championship to Keith Lee and the Era losing an 8-man tag match to NXT UK's Imperium at Worlds Collide.
    • NXT Women's Championship - Rhea Ripley (c) vs Bianca Belair - Ripley ended Shayna Baszler's dominating run in December; this is her first Takeover defense. Belair is coming off of a record-tying 8 eliminations in this year's Royal Rumble match (she shares the record with the aforementioned Shayna, who got her 8 on the same night). Charlotte Flair, winner of that Rumble, has been making noise that she's going to challenge Rhea for the NXT Title at Wrestlemania.
    • NXT Tag Team Championships - Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Reilly) (c) vs The Broserweights (Matt Riddle/Pete Dunne) - The Era are 2-time champs, and have been lording over a largely-depleted NXT tag scene for months. The Broserweights earned this title match by winning the 2020 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Riddle and Dunne are shockingly great together both in and out of the ring. Truly theirs is a bro-mance for the ages, at least until Pete inevitably turns on Matt at some point.
    • NXT North American Championship - Keith Lee (c) vs Dominick Dijakovic - This is Lee's first defense of the NA title. Dijakovic earned this match by beating Damien Priest for the opportunity. These guys have wrestled each other many, many, many times and they're all bangers. An early candidate for match of the night.
    • Johnny Gargano vs Finn Balor - Getting schooled by the Fiend caused Finn to retreat to NXT and essentially revert to his Prince Devitt persona. Gargano sees himself as the guy filling the role in NXT that Finn vacated when he got called up to wrestle Bobby Lashley 17 times in a row (almost a direct quote from Gargano). They're going to drop each other on their necks a lot over it.
    • Tegan Nox vs Dakota Kai - Yes you read that right, there's a sixth match on a Takeover card. And it's a non-title women's match, will wonders never cease? Nox and Kai were besties. Then Kai got shut out of Rhea Ripley's Wargames team. So she covertly took out Mia Yim so she could sub in and then rather than take her place in the ring she turned on Tegan and beat the everliving holy hell out of her. They've been at each others' throats ever since. A classic grudge match street fight that should blow off the feud.

Sprout on
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Do I want to know what Val said now?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Extremely transphobic stuff multiple times in the aftermath of Nyla's title win

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    [*] NXT North American Championship - Keith Lee (c) vs Dominick Dijakovic - This is Lee's first defense of the NA title. Dijakovic earned this match by beating Damien Priest for the opportunity. These guys have wrestled each other many, many, many times and they're all bangers. An early candidate for match of the night.

If you've never seen these two together, burbo, you're in for a treat. 405 Live finally gets to go on the big stage.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    [*] NXT North American Championship - Keith Lee (c) vs Dominick Dijakovic - This is Lee's first defense of the NA title. Dijakovic earned this match by beating Damien Priest for the opportunity. These guys have wrestled each other many, many, many times and they're all bangers. An early candidate for match of the night.

If you've never seen these two together, burbo, you're in for a treat. 405 Live finally gets to go on the big stage.

Big E is going to get what he wants.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I have never seen these guys together. In fact, I haven't been to a wrestling show since I was like 8, and since I dont have any kind of cable these days, I mostly just follow through this thread, AEW Dark, recaps and random ppvs for which I get free trials.

Despite my lack of regular attention, I do actually have familiarity with nearly all of these wrestlers. I'm pretty dang excited. Should be super fun.

• Options
    burbo wrote: »

Match Rundown:
    • NXT Championship - Adam Cole (c) vs Tommaso Ciampa - Adam Cole, still a dick, still NXT Champion. Tommaso Ciampa, neck works again, wants the belt he's invested his entire self-worth in back. The Undisputed Era's Prophecy of Gold was fulfilled, but the cracks in the foundation are beginning to show with Roderick Strong losing the North American Championship to Keith Lee and the Era losing an 8-man tag match to NXT UK's Imperium at Worlds Collide.
    • NXT Women's Championship - Rhea Ripley (c) vs Bianca Belair - Ripley ended Shayna Baszler's dominating run in December; this is her first Takeover defense. Belair is coming off of a record-tying 8 eliminations in this year's Royal Rumble match (she shares the record with the aforementioned Shayna, who got her 8 on the same night). Charlotte Flair, winner of that Rumble, has been making noise that she's going to challenge Rhea for the NXT Title at Wrestlemania.
    • NXT Tag Team Championships - Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Reilly) (c) vs The Broserweights (Matt Riddle/Pete Dunne) - The Era are 2-time champs, and have been lording over a largely-depleted NXT tag scene for months. The Broserweights earned this title match by winning the 2020 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Riddle and Dunne are shockingly great together both in and out of the ring. Truly theirs is a bro-mance for the ages, at least until Pete inevitably turns on Matt at some point.
    • NXT North American Championship - Keith Lee (c) vs Dominick Dijakovic - This is Lee's first defense of the NA title. Dijakovic earned this match by beating Damien Priest for the opportunity. These guys have wrestled each other many, many, many times and they're all bangers. An early candidate for match of the night.
    • Johnny Gargano vs Finn Balor - Getting schooled by the Fiend caused Finn to retreat to NXT and essentially revert to his Prince Devitt persona. Gargano sees himself as the guy filling the role in NXT that Finn vacated when he got called up to wrestle Bobby Lashley 17 times in a row (almost a direct quote from Gargano). They're going to drop each other on their necks a lot over it.
    • Tegan Nox vs Dakota Kai - Yes you read that right, there's a sixth match on a Takeover card. And it's a non-title women's match, will wonders never cease? Nox and Kai were besties. Then Kai got shut out of Rhea Ripley's Wargames team. So she covertly took out Mia Yim so she could sub in and then rather than take her place in the ring she turned on Tegan and beat the everliving holy hell out of her. They've been at each others' throats ever since. A classic grudge match street fight that should blow off the feud.

Great preview, thank you!

Presumably they will show the hype packages on the jumbotron at the event as well, right?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPIN' MEAT

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

The real life problems and politics of 97 WWF are spilling into the show and accordingly, this is Ground Zero!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Rickey Shane Page vs Nick Gage at the GCW show just now was a legit match of the year contender
    so much trash thrown in the ring

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Rickey Shane Page vs Nick Gage at the GCW show just now was a legit match of the year contender
    so much trash thrown in the ring
    RSP and his crew ran away like usual, and you could tell which way they went because there was a little trail of blood in the hallway leading out to the boardwalk.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    In addition to the GCW show, there were youth soccer championships at the AC convention center, and a group of kids and their bemused parents who were staying at the hotel stumbled their way into the show in the midst of the (very bloody) Matthew Justice/Matt Tremont deathmatch

Those kids had the time of their life watching, and it filled me with joy seeing it

MDK is for the children

• Options
    Oh I see the cruiserweights get to kick off the card, per tradition.

• Options
    Big
    Meaty
    Men
    Slapping
    Meat

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I can honestly say that I'm seeing things in this match that I've never seen before.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    How did the chair survive that spot????

• Options
    Cricket bat? Credit for something different.

• Options
    Can we retire table spots for women who weigh under 150lbs please? Geeez.

• Options
    Poor Tegan’s everything on that table spot.

• Options
    Carnage themed gear. I like it.

• Options
    It's nuts that the crowd has maintained this level of energy through all three matches. Usually a match as hot as Keith and Dijakovich would have them worn out for the matches to follow, but they are rabid for everything happening.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Johnny and Finn are just entirely invested in each other’s bullshit.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    so uhhh

Naitos head, dont look if you arent keen on staples
    nlrkju40y9h41.jpg

• Options
    It’s now official, Rhea Ripley will be defending the NXT Women’s Title against Charlotte Flair at Wrestlemania.

• Options
    ...Are those shirts actually on sale?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    ...well great, now I want some fried fish.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Bianca should have been women's champ at some point, she's the best person there imho

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Why am I getting the feeling that Charlotte might be pulling double duty Mania weekend? Takeover vs Belair, WrestleMania vs Ripley.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Why am I getting the feeling that Charlotte might be pulling double duty Mania weekend? Takeover vs Belair, WrestleMania vs Ripley.

Or they make the Mania match a triple threat because that's what Charlotte does at Mania?

• Options
    I can see them working Bianca into that match. I can also see them putting an NXT UK women’s title defense on the Takeover card.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Jesus Christ Naito.

• Options
    Hot damn, didn't figure Broserweights would win that.

This show has been firing on every conceivable cylinder. Every match has been fantastic and unique in its own right. The crowd has been frothing at the mouth for everything.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Hot damn, didn't figure Broserweights would win that.

This show has been firing on every conceivable cylinder. Every match has been fantastic and unique in its own right. The crowd has been frothing at the mouth for everything.

Except for when they were obediently SILENT AS CHURCH MICE for the massive chops in Lee/DD.

• Options
    Ciampa kissing that fan is my shit.

• Options
    WHY WOULD CIAMPA AGREE TO THAT SPOT?!

FFS, what is wrong with some of these guys?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I have no idea how any other PPV tops this one for the rest of the year.

Just has been utterly fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.