As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    No NXT Takeover during Rumble weekend.

However:

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Is Takeover not in the Hulu lineup of NXT anymore? If so, that sucks.
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    No NXT Takeover during Rumble weekend.

However:

Oh, is that what it is like?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Also, here is Corey Graves lacking general awareness and self-awareness in one tweet.

1. He's annoyed that someone would talk about him publicly on Twitter instead of in person, which is the exact thing he did to Mauro.

2. He doesn't realize that he's being internet tough guy with someone who could legitimately kill him without even really thinking about it.

(Frank Shamrock is Ken Shamrock's brother...both were MMA pioneers)

I'm starting to think that maybe Corey Graves isn't a smart or good person!

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I decided to see how WWE would do this opening for Raw, and I guess the answer is "have Seth look like a gigantic asshole", but at least this is the kind of speech that really seems like a heel turn because he's targeting faces.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    From what I've heard, AEW only needed to get 500K viewers for TNT to be satisfied with the results. They have more than cleared that and seem to be settling around the edge of 1M weekly viewers which is not bad at all.

. . .what all this means is that Vince could have have NXT with over a million viewers consistently each week and not needing to throw everything but the kitchen sink at AEW and being a petty asshole.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    They’re definitely leaning in to “Rollins is an entitled jackass”. And having Owens be the one to kick his ass for it is a good call.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Disappointed that the Viking Raiders didn't get a shout-out for being the only RAW reps to WIN their match.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Is 205 just done-zo? No episode this week, talent either jumping to other brands or asking for release. It never quite hit the highs of NXT, but it has always been a solid wrestling show and I hope guys like Gallagher and Tozawa at least benefit from the exposure.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Asuka emits a quantity of mist that’s really unprecedented in the annals of wrestling.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Is 205 just done-zo? No episode this week, talent either jumping to other brands or asking for release. It never quite hit the highs of NXT, but it has always been a solid wrestling show and I hope guys like Gallagher and Tozawa at least benefit from the exposure.

They canceled the show after Smackdown because they wanted to end on a big PPV advertising brawl. Presumably they'll be back this week. I kind of wish Seth had made a point of Tozawa and the crowd's reaction to the 205 match to get people thinking "we should show that jackass Rollins and really appreciate the Cruiserweight matches." I can't get too upset about them missing that opportunity though because that was by far the most on-the-pulse a WWE angle has been in years.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I bet WWE are super thrilled Rollins has reignited the CM Punk chants.

The booking immediately makes no sense. Why are all these people out here to listen to Seth? Why do they care? He isn't champion and even if he was he doesn't dictate to them. It only serves to make them all look lesser than. I'm pretty sure Rey just told Seth to fuck himself.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    I really liked the opening with Seth.

People have been waiting to boil over at Seth for a while now just because this face character of his is getting stale.

Him being an annoying, insulting, "I think I'm the leader, but people really just think I'm a putz" character could be some fun character stuff for him to mine.

Because, just like any good heel, he can bring up some truths: In some ways, he has been doing his absolute best to carry the show for the past few years. When Brock was MIA all that time, Seth was turning out great matches and showing everyone that he could carry the show even if he wasn't the main champ. His time in pursuit of the IC championship and him being the IC champ last year had him turning out some great stuff.

And now, here he is having lost the Universal title and having a bad night at Survivor Series and his character is projecting all that anger at the people around him. He put forth the effort. Why can't everyone else? He beat Brock twice, damn it! Why can't everyone else fall in line behind him and help fix the show he loves so much? They're the problem, not me!

I can definitely work with this turn if this is where they're heading. It's a transformation of his last heel turn: He was HHH's lackey. He was good, but he was plagued by the insecurity of having to turn to his crew for help, whether it be HHH, Kane, or J&J. Then he realized he didn't need their help. He was great without them. He could win without needing to align himself with other people.

And *now* it's all those other people that suck. He's Seth Freakin' Rollins. He's the man. He's the leader. Or, at least, he thinks he is.

His singles success and validation that he finally got has gone to his head. And he's going to lord it over everyone that he thinks doesn't meet his standards.

I love it.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Raw was pretty watchable last night!

Honestly I'm kinda tired of the show being focused on Seth, regardless if he's a face or heel, but at least they're pivoting his character to something that works better than his current face act.

Also we already seen Rollins vs Owens, so I would prefer feud.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    The best/worst part of watching an Impact stream on twitch is Melissa Santos talking to the twitch viewers and recapping what just happened while the show is in commercial breaks.

The 80s throwback show is okay. The characters are fine, but the 80s style wrestling is unfortunately 80s wrestling.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    This IMPACT show is some prime TCW bullshit, and I am HERE FOR IT
    And the Melissa Santos segments are made even better by Brian Cage, just offscreen, desperately trying to wrangle their kids

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    This IMPACT show is some prime TCW bullshit, and I am HERE FOR IT
    And the Melissa Santos segments are made even better by Brian Cage, just offscreen, desperately trying to wrangle their kids

I think he's giving up on that. I liked when Melissa asked if Cage was going to take the powerslam challenge and he answers that he wasn't born yet.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    idk which I like more

Sami Callihan in the glasses/suit as an 80s manager
    jUWq6fW.png

Or Tessa Blanchard and Jordynne Grace operating the Rough Riders
    lQJ3Ca1.png

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Rhyno appearing as his Southpaw Character is good

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah the Melissa Santos and Brian Cage family life parts are hilarious. Like there was one time he was eating like a whole sleeve of oreos and she lamented she couldn't do that. He's like a mr fusion Melissa the man needs fuel.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
  • Options

She's trapped at the moment. There isn't a single credible challenger on RAW except Charlotte and Becky/Charlotte has been done to death as much as Sasha/Charlotte has.

Might be time to elevate someone guys.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

She's trapped at the moment. There isn't a single credible challenger on RAW except Charlotte and Becky/Charlotte has been done to death as much as Sasha/Charlotte has.

Or break the Kabukis back into singles by letting another team have the tag belts. Like... Nattie and someone, IDC.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Or break the Kabukis back into singles by letting another team have the tag belts. Like... Nattie and someone, IDC.

Or someone. Please de-elevate Nattie out of TV appearances.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Give Asuka both belts.

Give Asuka all the belts.

Let Asuka build a throne out of belts that she sits on overseeing matches like Shao Kahn.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Give Asuka both belts.

Let Asuka build a throne out of belts that she sits on overseeing matches like Shao Kahn.

The best thing is she'd 100% be down for that and probably be yelling out "EXCELLENT!" and "FINISH HIM!"

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    corey bradshaw graves

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Give Asuka both belts.

You ever watch Lucha Underground?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I'm watching the live stream, mostly for my friend, Avispa Dorada. Ave Rex was also in the opening student exhibition thingy.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Or buy out Awesome Kong's contract and bring Kharma. Then just pick your moment for that first cackling laugh.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

Or buy out Awesome Kong's contract and bring Kharma. Then just pick your moment for that first cackling laugh.

Please don't

I live for her weird as hell hair theft girl gang she's got going on right now

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Corey's "sorry I offended you level apology"
    “I sent out a tweet. It was an unpopular opinion, as I often do with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy, maybe have something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show. It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things and it was not meant to offend, disrespect or disparage anybody, that was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply, that was not my intention. I would never intentionally cause anybody any undue stress, especially a co-worker” and then he went right into reviewing the weekend.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    In line for the GCW show. Nick Gage walks in front of us to enter the building , turns around and says "Thanks for coming, guys! Let's burn this motherfucker down!"

• Options
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Alittlebitofthebubbly.com re-directed to his t-shirt page on Wrestlingtees.

Then my roommate tried it and the site crashed.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Alittlebitofthebubbly.com re-directed to his t-shirt page on Wrestlingtees.

Then my roommate tried it and the site crashed.

I got it to load it’s $46 it’s for two bottles it’s made by Steven Amells Nocking Point wines

This discussion has been closed.