Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    I said before that I was going to give this game a break until Christmas. After taking a couple of days off from it over the weekend I thought I might be changing my mind about that, and would have to be strict with myself about playing in smaller doses. Well, turns out I'm not going to need willpower!

Because after finishing the main story everything in the wilds is now level 60.

I've got boxes and boxes of pokemon in the early 30s that I can't directly train there any more, since apparently my winning a particular battle halfway across the country caused every skwovet and rookidee by the train station to instantly gain 50 levels. Pokemon on the routes are still the same levels at least, but they're much less interesting areas to train in, and there's a lot of stuff you can't catch there.

There goes what was the single most enjoyable part of this game for me. Guess I'm done with Sword for good unless they change this in an update.

It doesn't take long to get 'mons to around 60 if you stick them in non first place slots. Or throw a few candies at them, or use the poke jobs feature

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone going to be on later that wants to trade this poor sword owner some shield only Pokeyman?

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Yeah it's still possible, I just find it less fun those ways. And it really bugs me that a game that already does so little to explain its own rules then goes and abruptly changes those rules, with no warning and in a way that makes no sense to the story.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm already doing so many max raids and pokemon jobs that i have 60 pokemon at 40+ at the 7th gym

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    SW-0189-1685-9984

That's my code!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Yeah it's still possible, I just find it less fun those ways. And it really bugs me that a game that already does so little to explain its own rules then goes and abruptly changes those rules, with no warning and in a way that makes no sense to the story.

It made perfect sense to me, honestly. The trigger is basically...
    Eternatus waking up. The Wild Area is the region with dynamax happening already so it has the most lingering effects from everything going berserk.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    @Raijin Quickfoot I can muster up some trades this evening. Let me know what specfically you need :D

signature.png
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    @Raijin Quickfoot I can muster up some trades this evening. Let me know what specfically you need :D

Sounds awesome! I'll take a look

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Here's what I need if anyone happens to be around

Hitmontop
    Appeltun
    Slurpuff
    Aromatisse
    Whimsicott
    Rhyperior
    Solosis
    Duosion
    Reunicles
    Escavalier
    Accelgor
    Malamar
    Sableeye
    Weevile
    Drampa
    Frosmoth
    Lunatone
    Eiscue
    Dracovish
    Arctovish
    Sliggoo
    Goodra
    Zamazenta
    :)

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Does anyone have an extra HA Galarian darumaka/darmantian? :D

Also Raijin do you just want to touch them or are you aiming to do a living dex? The former is no problem at all, the latter I can help a bunch but may lack evo items on

signature.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I've been avoiding pokejobs cuz I'm not sure of this so question: what happens if a Pokemon gains a level where it would learn a move or evolve?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    I've been avoiding pokejobs cuz I'm not sure of this so question: what happens if a Pokemon gains a level where it would learn a move or evolve?

The moves are auto learned, which is not a big deal since the move guy is in every pokecenter now

They won't evolve doing a job

• Options
    Right now I just want to fill my dex so I can start shiny hunting

• Options

The moves are auto learned, which is not a big deal since the move guy is in every pokecenter now

They won't evolve doing a job

Ah so it works like the daycare. Gotcha.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options

Hitmontop
    Appeltun
    Slurpuff
    Aromatisse
    Whimsicott
    Rhyperior
    Solosis
    Duosion
    Reunicles
    Escavalier
    Accelgor
    Malamar
    Sableeye
    Weevile
    Drampa
    Frosmoth
    Lunatone
    Eiscue
    Dracovish
    Arctovish
    Sliggoo
    Goodra
    Zamazenta

I've got the bolded ones if you don't mind doing a quick back and forth to get them in your Pokedex.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options

Hitmontop
    Appeltun
    Slurpuff
    Aromatisse
    Whimsicott
    Rhyperior
    Solosis
    Duosion
    Reunicles
    Escavalier
    Accelgor
    Malamar
    Sableeye
    Weevile
    Drampa
    Frosmoth
    Lunatone
    Eiscue
    Dracovish
    Arctovish
    Sliggoo
    Goodra
    Zamazenta

I've got the bolded ones if you don't mind doing a quick back and forth to get them in your Pokedex.

Works for me. I won't be on again for a bit though.

• Options

Hitmontop
    Appeltun
    Slurpuff
    Aromatisse
    Whimsicott
    Rhyperior
    Solosis
    Duosion
    Reunicles
    Escavalier
    Accelgor
    Malamar
    Sableeye
    Weevile
    Drampa
    Frosmoth
    Lunatone
    Eiscue
    Dracovish
    Arctovish
    Sliggoo
    Goodra
    Zamazenta

Works for me. I won't be on again for a bit though.

DM me when you are and we can get this done.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    I got about 20 minutes right now

• Options
    Whimsicott done!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    If I'm trying to spawn a gmax at their specific spawn den should I be doing the same thing as when I spawn dittos but reset if the beam isn't purple? I've definitely fought gmax raids from pink beams so I'm guessing just roll with chance?

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    If I'm trying to spawn a gmax at their specific spawn den should I be doing the same thing as when I spawn dittos but reset if the beam isn't purple? I've definitely fought gmax raids from pink beams so I'm guessing just roll with chance?

IIRC only the promoted raids will show up as non purple. If you're looking for something specific then it needs to be a purple raid.

• Options
    I'm around if anyone else is for trading!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Purple only means that it draws from a rarer pool

It has no effect on gmax to my knowledge

So if the Pokemon is in the normal pool, you want the pink beam

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    look up the spawn tables, basically

for example, when my friend was hunting for HA Duraludon he found out it only spawns at rare in one specific den despite normal Duraludon spawning in others. And it's not the same den that spawns gmax Duraludon, which is a different one specific rare den

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Are a Max Raid Pokemon's stats determined when the beam is activated or when you engage in combat? Gearing up to try to hunt down a Hidden Ability Darmanitan for SilverWind and want to know if resetting to before a battle would be enough or if I need to just spawn a different one each time

I'll end up testing this question anyway, but if someone already knows then that would be swell

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    The Pokemon is completely generated when the beam is, shininess, IVs, gender, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Why does it seem like I can only find dino and bird fossils?

Nevermind! Dig guy hooked me up.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Why does it seem like I can only find dino and bird fossils?

Nevermind! Dig guy hooked me up.

You can find all 4 in both games, but each has a set that's rarer.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Just need one more fish but I'm almost out of watts

• Options
    Done with fossils.

20 to go

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I just have to hatch a toxel and I'll have a team of 6 pokes I'll slowly morph into more if anyone wants to mess around in battles, it's the first gen it's not a complete pain for me to run outa steam two pokes in

Any ways it's Whimsicott, Kommo-O, Malamar, Polteageist, Dravovish (will be perfect with my free doubles gold bottle cap causeit wrecks), and a Toxicitriy

It's probs poorly planned but I've never assembled a team of my own so yolo

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Anyone have a good line on non-english dittos

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    i spammed link trade for a little bit, putting up an english ditto until someone understood what I was trying to do. your mileage may vary

i also did it very very late EST time (like 2am?) when most of US region would be asleep and japan awake, and I was getting majority japanese players for trades

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    You can pretty easily get whatever foreign Pokemon you want this go around. Just make another account on your switch, choose a foreign language, and play up to the wild area. Then you can just join any of your friend's raids and have a chance to catch a decent foreign Pokemon. Ditto raids are rarer, but it's definitely doable.

• Options
    I managed to get a foreign ditto just surprise trading a lot-- it's 4IV, even <3

I have like seven boxes worth of traded mons and I've traded many more than once

signature.png
  • Options
    Thanks to the incomparable SilverWind I completed my dex last night!

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Everyday: I won't do my Lotto ID yet because I'll probably do more Surprise Trades later

*clock passes midnight*: Well, shit

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    how much of the game do I have to play in japanese cause if I can get a ditto easily my brother and I share the switch and bout the double pack so I might be able to use sheild as a hookup?? (if you can do this I dunno)

also gold bottle cap'd a Dracovish and its so gross its awesome

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    how much of the game do I have to play in japanese cause if I can get a ditto easily my brother and I share the switch and bout the double pack so I might be able to use sheild as a hookup?? (if you can do this I dunno)

also gold bottle cap'd a Dracovish and its so gross its awesome

if you have someone on another switch to put up ditto raids for you, you just need to get to the wild area so you can join them

else you need the 7th badge to get to where they spawn wildly

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg