Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Hmm well I can still start grinding it but can also do that I'm not close to finishing my dex so I'm not worried about getting my own but I'd be down to at least try and help others snag one

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Oh cool they also kept the rental team system from Sun/Moon in addition to the npc rentals

So go to vs, battle stadium then rental teams

If ya want the one I uploaded which can get to masterball cup on single/doubles without having to train your own mons well here it is

0000 0006 JT1R DH

should work extra nifty for sharing teams if ya wanna try em, aka Beasteh and Blackbeard give me your codes nerds

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    too busy harvesting zigzagoons in my lust for shinies

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yeah I borrowed a few teams I've seen online and they're way better than the in-game rentals vs the early battle tower ranks. I've only tried vs ranked once so far but being able to play a team that someone in the know thinks is at least fine takes a lot of anxiety away from just diving in

• Options
    the basic rental team got me through a lot of battle tower while I was training duders

togekiss, cincerace, and then rillaboom to help prevent the AI from cheating too hard

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yeah I guess my intent was not to say the in game ones were bad. They definitely got me to pokeball tier in single and doubles and through the Leon fight in each of them. Maybe it's just that the worst of my learning pains was with the rentals but trying out these new teams has felt like easy mode. I literally beat an all water rain team where 3 of my mons were weak to water

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    choice band dracovish made the battle tower much simpler for me: push fishious rend, get BP.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't help but wonder what I'm doing with the so far... 250 rolycoly corpses I'm leaving behind while hunting for a shiny.

• Options
    I did it, hail satan

my precious cotton candy colored zigzagoon child

now for this clownshoes obstagoon

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    im probably gonna go once more unto the breach because I also want shiny grimmsnarl then I'm done with this shit

my morale has pulled a 180

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I swear to fucking God I'm catching a shiny rolycoly this weekend.

• Options
    Wait are you not breeding w/ foreign ditto or something

I'm pretty sure it's the biggest improvement to your odds to do so

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hey do you really have to have online to do literally any online stuff in this game? like, trade cards even?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Hey do you really have to have online to do literally any online stuff in this game? like, trade cards even?

that's what online means yeah

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

with other consoles a lot of times you can do some of the basic features that aren't actually multiplayer without it, so i was curious

anyway bummer, that really sucks

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    You need an online subscription before it'll let you even connect to the internet I think unfortunately, yeah.
    Speaking of which I need to remember to cancel my 7-day trial before it starts charging me...

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    in this instance i believe it allows you to do some stuff over local but otherwise online

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular

with other consoles a lot of times you can do some of the basic features that aren't actually multiplayer without it, so i was curious

You can do local play, if you have people playing locally. Wyborn and I do it for trades/cooking/raids together

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Nintendo is still feeling out this whole "Internet" thing

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »

You can do local play, if you have people playing locally. Wyborn and I do it for trades/cooking/raids together

cool, thats good to know, I can probably still fill out my dex then

Not gonna pay to trade

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

Clefable and Hydreigon are taking souls for me online

Very very powerful

• Options

It seems to be the odds increase is offset by needing to wait for the egg, hatch the egg, wait for the egg, hatch the egg, etc...

I could be very wrong though

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

It seems to be the odds increase is offset by needing to wait for the egg, hatch the egg, wait for the egg, hatch the egg, etc...

I could be very wrong though

The odds of encountering a shiny go up the more you defeat a pokemon, at around 500+ it becomes the same odds as breeding with a foreign ditto. I could definitely see it being worth it to just catch stuff normally as long as you can encounter them quickly enough.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    yeah they're basically equivalent from what I've heard, breed vs. hunt is basically a matter of how easy are they to find in the overworld (and if you care about square vs star sparkles)

if you've got the oval charm and a flame body mon, though, the whole egg process goes VERY quickly in this gen. Makes up a bit for losing the Magikarp egg swap trick

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I didnt know that repeatedly defeating a mon upped your odds, actually

But yeah hatching 5 eggs at a time is very quick

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Yeah. I think at 500 battled with the shiny charm the odds become something like 1/512

Which are the same odds, as using the Matsuda Method

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Extremely accuate thread title here.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    yeah they're basically equivalent from what I've heard, breed vs. hunt is basically a matter of how easy are they to find in the overworld (and if you care about square vs star sparkles)

if you've got the oval charm and a flame body mon, though, the whole egg process goes VERY quickly in this gen. Makes up a bit for losing the Magikarp egg swap trick

Where do I go for oval charm this time around?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Where do I go for oval charm this time around?
    Hotel in Circhester after you beat the game. Talk to the cop, beat him, and he gives you the charm. He has level 65 pokemon

• Options
    Battled 500+ rolycoly so my odds are at their max...

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Masuda method is still absolutely they way to go, 1/512. The 500 battle thing only gives you a 3% chance to hit that 1/512 rate.

But wild encounters are a lot more likely to have the cool square shiny pattern

Kanden on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Masuda method is still absolutely they way to go, 1/512. The 500 battle thing only gives you a 3% chance to hit that 1/512 rate.

But wild encounters are a lot more likely to have the cool square shiny pattern

I'm not sure what's up with that 3%. I see it listed on Bulbapedia but it doesn't make any sense to me. The way it's listed and how you said it, it sounds like there's a 3% chance of getting a 1/512 chance. Why even list it like that if that's the case? Just give the actual fraction.

If the chance actually is just 1/512, then I can definitely see that method being at least close to as good as the Masuda method. Enough for it to be a nice change of pace after you've bred a shiny or two.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

i'm in sheep hell i've literally lost the ability to count how many i've murdered

• Options
    im just catching up on shows I missed while I grind out this shiny impidimp, then no more shiny hunting for me

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    From what I read, the way it works is a combination of how many times you've battled a pokemon combined with your current chain of that pokemon. The chain increases the chance that the game will check to see if the pokemon you're encountering is shiny while the number battled will make the percentage used by that calculation better. So if you've got 500+ pokemon battled you have a 1/585 rate and if you have a 25+ chain you have a 33% chance the game will check for shininess, which means the real top rate for wild battling is 1/1755, which is worse than the Masuda method's 1/682

Opty on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Cool, got a shiny Snom via wonder trade. It’s even Modest with 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread, which I assume is where a Frosmoth wants to be.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Whippy wrote: »

i'm in sheep hell i've literally lost the ability to count how many i've murdered

Jesus. I thought I had it bad spending four hours trying to get a Feebas today.

Also I guess I'm officially sucked back in now? Still a little butthurt about the Wilds switching to all-level-60, but my OCD and I have negotiated a new set of ridiculous self-imposed rules of play, so I can make it work.

Butler on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    my awful team is tearing up low rank doubles while i try to figure out what i even want to do with it.
    (it's a soft TR team with mimikyu as a setter, with a fallback plan of "idk lol set up fish or corviknight")

i managed to DESTROY someone who was renting Wolfy's beat up lucario team and it was so satisfying.
    it was the first time i've seen a team and gone "i know exactly what you're going to do" every turn.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Whippy wrote: »

the moral of the story is, if you want something to happen just complain about it on the internet

• Options
    I'm at 700 rolycoly so far...