As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Aww I got excited that someone traded me a beast ball Charmander and I thought if be able to make everything in that egg group with a beast ball. Then I learned the hard way that only female mons passed on pokeball so I couldn't breed it to another species

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I was surprise trading post Christmas to give away my rarer stock and somebody gave me an Applin in a Beast Ball with near-perfect IVs, which I was pretty happy with.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I think males bred with dittos pass the ball down.

• Options
    yeah the non-ditto will always pass the ball down. the female will pass it down if breeding in egg group. it's 50/50 if breeding the same exact species.

which i learned about 15 minutes into trying to make charmander give it's beast ball to duraludon.

ALSO, with the current magikarp event I have caught multiple shiny HA karp for moxie gyarados. I'd like to trade one for a non-HA shiny karp so i can also make an intimidate gyarados. if anyone would like to trade

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So uhh.

This just happened.

Max IVs in everything but HP and Defense and has Prankster, just needs two Caps and a Mint to be exactly what I was aiming for anyway.

Pity he will never show off that Gigantimax at all, since it makes Prankster useless.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    The Magikarp event paid off in the first raid I joined.
    2UZFDj5.jpg?3

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    So uhh.

This just happened.

Max IVs in everything but HP and Defense and has Prankster, just needs two Caps and a Mint to be exactly what I was aiming for anyway.

Pity he will never show off that Gigantimax at all, since it makes Prankster useless.

i am so salty but congrats

i ended up grinding one out via breeding so my shiny grimmsnarl is a regular ol' normal prankster one

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I didn't know there was a magikarp event. I feel less cool now.

Was just busting every random trash den with a beam for candy and trs. Did like 3 magikarps in a row. Hit the 4th one and almost walked away from it because I was tired of magikarps, but it was 5 star. Turned out to be a 5IV square shiny. One mint and one bottle cap later and I have the easiest and dopest competitive Big Red Gyarados in history.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I’m basically down to just getting the Sword-exclusives + a Dhelmise and some trade evos to complete my pokedex, if anyone is able to help.

Also I somehow have HA Charmander and Darumaka if anyone wants one.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    aight y'all hit me with your eeveelution ideas

here's what my Steeleon (Duraleon, Cobaleon, Alloyeon) would look like:
    110 HP, 95 ATK, 130 DEF, 60 SPA, 65 SPD, 65 SPE
    Iron Barbs
    HA: Filter (I thought it was Solid Metal but no, that's Solid Rock and instead Mega Aggron got the Mime ability??)

also Nirya if you aren't sorted on that hmu with a list and I can get them together for you (preferably on discord but PM works too)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    My Hot Take is that there actually shouldn't be any more eeveelutions....

but instead there should be Regional Variants of the existing ones that add the unused types

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

but instead there should be Regional Variants of the existing ones that add the unused types

wait so like

You want a Leafeon but its dragon

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

wait so like

...snapdragon Leafeon sounds like a really rad idea.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Posion variant of Vaporeon, we get it he vapes

• Options
    I guess I just mean type variants for pokemon specifically named for their type seems weird

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

wait so like

a grass/dragon sure

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I mean we do need poison type Umbreon, that's true

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    my basic logic behind it is that 1. it's kind of unwieldy to just keep adding pokedex entries after eevee 2. new eeveelutions are becoming less "exciting" and more "eventually expected", it's only their glacial release that makes them a surprise. 3. regional variants are fun. 4. monotypes are lame

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    alright, new suggestion: steel/ghost eevee

wherein it haunts the gun you shot it with

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They've really been slowing down the release of eevees (they skipped the past two generations) so I am heartbroken

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think they've gotten far enough into The Eevee Chain that they should do the remaining types before weird double type variants

They've gotten nearly half way through all the types, just finish the job

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    actually, I was wondering, for the math-minded among you (I am fairly bad at math and especially bad at permutations/combinations)

how many variants on the Eevee statline (130, 110, 95, 65, 65, 60) are there? And how many type combinations are there, not counting water/ground as distinct from ground/water? Which would we run out of first making a dex of entirely Eeveelutions?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know how else you'd make it evolve. Unless you do something like the original ice/grass rocks that you just had to level up near

• Options
    Feed Eevee 20 Irons to evolve into a Steel type.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    actually, I was wondering, for the math-minded among you (I am fairly bad at math and especially bad at permutations/combinations)

how many variants on the Eevee statline (130, 110, 95, 65, 65, 60) are there? And how many type combinations are there, not counting water/ground as distinct from ground/water? Which would we run out of first making a dex of entirely Eeveelutions?

6!/2 permutations. 360 if my mental math is right.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I guess I just mean type variants for pokemon specifically named for their type seems weird

You mean like Sandshrew

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular

This is an inexact response and very definitely incorrect.

Ignoring for the moment that the two 65 values are the same, there are 6! (factorial) ways to permute six unique values. 6 * 5 * 4 * 3 * 2 * 1 = 720. I don't know off the top of my head exactly how the fact that two of the values in the set are functionally identical affects it, but my instinct is to divide by two in this specific case, So, 360 unique stat combinations?

To the second point, Bulbapedia already ran the math on unique type combinations, and claims that there are 171 possible unique combinations of the 18 types. That's more than enough to give a unique combination to every possible Eevee, even if my stat-combinations logic is off.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fighting-type Eevee...

• Options
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I think they've gotten far enough into The Eevee Chain that they should do the remaining types before weird double type variants

They've gotten nearly half way through all the types, just finish the job

Sorry I'm the new boss of Game Freak and I'm putting my foot down

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    They should give Pikachu an evolution for each type. Post comment.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    give
    me
    pikablu

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Pikablu (water)
    Pikagreu (grass)
    Pikarue (rock or ground)
    Pikaflew (flying)
    Pikaspew (poison)
    Pikatrue (psychic)

• Options
    Pikascrew (steel)

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    lewd

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Pikablew (fire)

It and Pikablu caused a lot of localization issues.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    aight y'all hit me with your eeveelution ideas

here's what my Steeleon (Duraleon, Cobaleon, Alloyeon) would look like:
    110 HP, 95 ATK, 130 DEF, 60 SPA, 65 SPD, 65 SPE
    Iron Barbs
    HA: Filter (I thought it was Solid Metal but no, that's Solid Rock and instead Mega Aggron got the Mime ability??)

also Nirya if you aren't sorted on that hmu with a list and I can get them together for you (preferably on discord but PM works too)

Thanks! I’ll put together my list. I don’t know what the Discord is, so I’ll probably PM you.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fighting-type Eevee...

champeon

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    ok so I just finished the seventh gym. I am definitely not into Pokemon meta and don't really know much about it. But it seems like...does Corviknight completely rule or do I just not know shit about Pokemon???

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Corviknight is pretty good for sure

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular