As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [GIF] thread is mourning Stephen Wilhite by arguing about pronunciation (nsf56k)

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Hello darkness my old friend...

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Hello doorframe my old friend...

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Taking a high-speed shuttlecock to the face isn't painful necessarily but it is very humbling

And there's another one!

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    tenor.gif

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options

Buggy suspension is good.
    I'd like to see them drop a regular sedan or something for comparison, though. How accurate can these tests be without a control group?

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Buggy suspension is good.
    I'd like to see them drop a regular sedan or something for comparison, though. How accurate can these tests be without a control group?

Instead of a ruler, they'd measure the number of metal parts flying

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I know the guy who built that buggy, he based it loosely off a buggy design sold by a West Australian company, but made a few modifications to increase total travel. The standard buggy only has 20 inches of suspension travel in the front and 16 in the rear.

• Options

I want one.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i mean look, the cat isn't moving or getting into trouble, i call that a win

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

Being in contact with the toy instead of sitting in the box is good progress.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Anybody here ex-artillery? I know we've got Marines, Army Airborne, Army Infantry, and Navy Seamen on the forums.

https://i.imgur.com/Tat907N.mp4

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »

Being in contact with the toy instead of sitting in the box is good progress.

The secret has always been, the box is the toy:

https://youtu.be/rdTm6UkUW9s

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Anybody here ex-artillery? I know we've got Marines, Army Airborne, Army Infantry, and Navy Seamen on the forums.

pretty sure Weaver was artillery?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Where do I put this? Is here a good spot? I need to put this somewhere

• Options
    Faz8Bm0.jpg

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's what the personification of rock music would look like in American Gods.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    people like that are how I know I'm extremely uncool

it's a real relief, honestly

• Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    That guy is not cool. He is a dork. A fun one, but still a big giant dorkus.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    notya wrote: »
    I feel like a lot of examples of being really cool are kind of like being really dorky with total confidence.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    notya wrote: »
    I feel like a lot of examples of being really cool are kind of like being really dorky with total confidence.

yeah, if you dig down into the "coolest" rock stars, movie stars, etc. you'll uncover a total dork like 90% of the time

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Sound for both

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    dorg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    a stealthy lad

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That Spider-Man on a unicycle playing a flaming bagpipe, now that’s a cool person.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

I switched from infantry to artillery when I reenlisted. That's the same model howitzer that I trained on when I switched jobs, of course then I got to my new unit and it was a totally different system.

Weaver on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

yo

but norwegian artillery, M109s only

and I was in fire direction in the HQ so my involvement with the gun batteries was mainly hearing them rumble in the distance and/or being told to hang on, they've caught fire again

big benefit to these things: nobody has to knock and go "hello, you're engulfed in flames, again", since they're outside. Also, their gun isn't leaking fuel constantly.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I got to play around with a marine arty crew once; dudes were pretty cool, returned the favor by taking them on a night-ops training 'splash' where we dropped off the back of a naval vessel and sank almost 20 meters before the buoyancy of the track (amphibious assault tracked vehicle or AAV) sorta bounced us upwards and we trudged along at 8 knots before we hit the sand.

We ... uh ... kinda scared them a little bit when they found out what we actually did; I can't remember his name, but there was this butterbar who asked:

"Why don't you guys get a medal every time you splash?"

"You don't get a medal for doing your job ... ... ... Sir."

Not gonna lie, I put a lot of venom in that particular bite.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I got to play around with a marine arty crew once; dudes were pretty cool, returned the favor by taking them on a night-ops training 'splash' where we dropped off the back of a naval vessel and sank almost 20 meters before the buoyancy of the track (amphibious assault tracked vehicle or AAV) sorta bounced us upwards and we trudged along at 8 knots before we hit the sand.

We ... uh ... kinda scared them a little bit when they found out what we actually did; I can't remember his name, but there was this butterbar who asked:

He was a lewey, that's how the word "sir" is pronounced.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    everydayconman-if-you-wanna-put-a-dog-down-opettheyre-like-34627259.png

Turns out...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

A new challenger appears...

https://youtu.be/KLKFfqLwH6U

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

hey yo FUCK that, holy shit

• Options
    Sound

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

BTW, they found the guy.

Chavis Flagg, musician in Atlanta, riding around to relieve some stress and make some tips. Also has gotten a lot of free advertising from it. Good for him.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

Not all heroes wear capes but if I'm not mistaken this one does

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »

Not all heroes wear capes but if I'm not mistaken this one does

Very hard to notice behind the board shorts and it barely reaches his ass. More like a syandana.

The important thing is, much like Chavis Flagg, hes using his powers for good and giving them to the masses.

~ Buckaroo Banzai