Options

PC Games - Adore EA & Corruption 2029 out today!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I can't kill people too well in multi so I'll pick the ability to crowd control and let my team pick off weakened targets

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I think changing the sandman and natascha was a good move, because it does suck to have your control taken away, but it seems like for a long time in TF2 they were more interested in adding weird shit and eventually they tossed it all out in favor of pointless sidegrades

Shorty on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Just let me use the invincibility juice so I can run all the way to their back end and blow up their teleporter over and over and over and over and over

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I got out of the Counterstrike scene around the time bunny hopping no scope awp was becoming a regular sight, rather than a rare treat.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Are they still updating TF2 with new shit? I remember when updates to that game were like, a big announcement.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I once got five kills with one sniper shot in day of defeat source.

It was funny. I only saw one guy. But it was the map de_kalt. So lots of narrow passages. There must have been a conga line of others players rushing in behind him...

It's weird though. All they would have had to do is cook a grenade and toss it into the corner I was in, since I was just at street level in a nook between two buildings just after the bridge on their side. But they kept using rifle grenades which just bounced out or not cooking them enough so I just had to run back a bit or toss them back at them.

Uriel on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I get a tasty thrill out of being just fucking obnoxious in multiplayer games, not like in a griefy grief way but man any ability that fucks with movement speed or fuzzes up your display I simply must capitalise, the Natascha in TF2 used to drive people absolutely berzerk

Oh you're one of those

• Options
    edited January 2020
    there was a guy who used to post here who was so driven to abject madness by the natascha and tf2 balance generally that he had to be banned from all the TF2 threads, but he'd still read them and then reply to all the posts on twitter

it was not healthy!

Shorty on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Hobnail prob played or would play the bagpipesman in Napoleonic Wars

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Are they still updating TF2 with new shit? I remember when updates to that game were like, a big announcement.

it's limping along on a drip feed of occasionally publishing some hats from the community workshop or something I think, they aren't doing official map additions or items or anything anymore though as far as I know

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Hobnail prob played or would play the bagpipesman in Napoleonic Wars

I did that so fucking much. I'd play those or a flute and my buddy would play the drums and we'd walk around playing music and pissing everyone off. We'd dodge around the enemies, stand in front of teammates, and just generally be jackasses.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh my word

"Wanna hear a limerick?"
    "Sure."
    "Lambert, Lambert, what a prick."

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    so I don't really have the same issues with uplay that people report, but I just tabbed into the launcher, and the "my games" section said (paraphrased) "Your games will appear here. You don't have any games right now"

um, uplay? that's, uh, not quite right.

(I suspect what happened is: usually if I leave it on the Games page, it'll log me out as a 'precaution'; I had it on the Store page for some reason, and so it didn't, but also kind of did. Exited and logged back in, everything is back.)

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    there was a guy who used to post here who was so driven to abject madness by the natascha and tf2 balance generally that he had to be banned from all the TF2 threads, but he'd still read them and then reply to all the posts on twitter

it was not healthy!

I'm sorry, what

• Options
    I don't know what else to add!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Here's how the TF2 updates are going: we're still waiting on a Heavy update that won an in-game vote in 2016 or 17

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Oh my word

"Wanna hear a limerick?"
    "Sure."

Geralt is amazing. I only have his personality in W3 to judge it by, so he could very well be a bland gruff duder type in 1 or 2... but he had me actually lol on more than one occasion.

"Damn I look old..."

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    He is much less funny in the previous games. I definitely got a few dry chuckles from Witcher 2 but this one is a whole different bag of snakes.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    He is much less funny in the previous games. I definitely got a few dry chuckles from Witcher 2 but this one is a whole different bag of snakes.

This was right after the potestaquisitor bit right? Spoilered in case you haven't done it yet
    Yennefer: Yet it's ever so simple. Grasp it firmly, move it around, and the louder it squeals, the closer you are.
    Geralt: uwu

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • Options

I only bought 1 game from Epic and it was a nightmare and never want to do it again.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

it was not healthy!

I'm sorry, what

I can't remember who that guy was but I remember him existing

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Oh my word

"Wanna hear a limerick?"
    "Sure."

this entire sequence with the whole family is gold

just make sure to get as drunk as possible whenever the opportunity arises

Brolo on
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »

it was not healthy!

I'm sorry, what

I can't remember who that guy was but I remember him existing

he got an actual ban because he just couldn't stop himself from being a prick, and didn't bother coming back when it expired, as far as I know

I hope he got his shit sorted out

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

Maybe I'm not reading this right but to me it looks like, "PC games distributors decided to be shittier to customers, customers responded by spending less on their shittier platforms."

Which seems like a natural consequence I can only imagine will be wildly misunderstood.

Unrelated, I despise activision but I remember liking Call of Duty a lot before I was expected to buy a new one every year. If anyone knows, is Blackout in Codblops 4 A. not a pay to win hellhole and B. got enough legs to be worth actually picking up?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Maybe I'm not reading this right but to me it looks like, "PC games distributors decided to be shittier to customers, customers responded by spending less on their shittier platforms."

Which seems like a natural consequence I can only imagine will be wildly misunderstood.

...that sounds like a bummer to me?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

...that sounds like a bummer to me?

I can see that. To me, besides the inevitable corporate mishandling, to me it's less of a bummer and more of just a "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" situation.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Brolo wrote: »
    Oh my word

"Wanna hear a limerick?"
    "Sure."

this entire sequence with the whole family is gold

just make sure to get as drunk as possible whenever the opportunity arises

Smof's Geralt has the tattoo. I don't think getting hammered will be a problem.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I finally got tired of looking stupid and cheated some of the grandmaster armor for my replay. Witcher 3 is a very good game but the whole loot/crafting/money system is a disaster

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I wonder how that dude gets data. PC sales data has to be wizarded together, since noone of note gives numbers. (Steam, Epic, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, GOG and Rockstar all at best hint at things)
    And I would imagine PC sales are now 95% digital.

I spent a bit more in 2nd half of 2019 because a new PC had me desiring shinies.

But I can see Gamepass and 2 years of epic games, and Twitch Prime games combining into less impulse buys, since if I have jrpg cravings I can just check what I got already and never touched...

(And then play Battlechasers for 10 hours and lose the craving)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Played some Legends Of Runeterra, the new CCG from Riot.

Ehhhhhhhhh. I like how you know what cards your going to get, no booster pack bullshit.

But the gameplay is well, it’s for people who wish hearthstone was more like magic, or who wish magic was more like hearthstone, but never stopped to think that maybe something in the middle would be just...boring?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I wonder how that dude gets data. PC sales data has to be wizarded together, since noone of note gives numbers. (Steam, Epic, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, GOG and Rockstar all at best hint at things)
    And I would imagine PC sales are now 95% digital.

I spent a bit more in 2nd half of 2019 because a new PC had me desiring shinies.

But I can see Gamepass and 2 years of epic games, and Twitch Prime games combining into less impulse buys, since if I have jrpg cravings I can just check what I got already and never touched...

(And then play Battlechasers for 10 hours and lose the craving)

I was gonna say, that's a cool hypothesis

be a lot cooler if there was, like, evidence

• Options
    Everyone bought Slay the Spire and Into the Breach and then stopped playing other games for like 500 hours.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I feel like there was a change to the steam publishing contract that allowed developers to share sales numbers, but I can't find it now.

• Options

Unrelated, I despise activision but I remember liking Call of Duty a lot before I was expected to buy a new one every year. If anyone knows, is Blackout in Codblops 4 A. not a pay to win hellhole and B. got enough legs to be worth actually picking up?

Blackout has only cosmetic MTX

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPP0Uy34u94
    **What’s new in Hardcore Mode?**

* You will fail more - The difficulty of every Check goes up, bringing down your chances of success. Solving this case without being a Total Disaster Cop is even harder than normal.
    * You’re going to be poorer - You’ll have even less money, meaning there's less for you to pick up. Better get used to picking up every scrap you can find...
    * Prices have gone up – Pharmaceutical prices have gone up, which means failing costs you even more and they don’t heal you as much.
    * You’ll need to turn to the hard stuff – Booze and cigarettes are going to help you a lot, sweet ciggys clearing your head and extra drink to build courage will become more of a necessity on this playthrough.
    * Most treasured possessions – The few possessions you do have become more important, make sure to treasure what you have!
    * You’ll have to think more carefully – The Thought Cabinet debuffs are more painful when you’re already liable to fail. One the flip side, the bonuses thoughts offer might push you down paths you wouldn’t otherwise take.
    * You’ll level up faster – Failing builds character. You’ll gain extra token amounts of XP every time you finish a task and you’ll level faster and higher, if only marginally.

• Options
    As a person who turns up all the stupid survival modes on all the games I can, I may have played Disco Elysium wrong. None of that sounds like it will enhance my experience at all.

Except encouraging me to smoke and drink more. That seems pretty on brand.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    HARD CORE

• Options
    edited January 2020
    this morning I added an entry to my dream record; the specifics aren't that important, but generally it followed a small squad of military engineers who had survived recent combat, and holed up in a nearby trench / bunker of sorts.

I only bring this up because a few minutes ago I randomly launched Wasteland 2 for the first time. The opening cinematic informs me that an engineer battalion survived the end of the world.

Tamin on
This discussion has been closed.