As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HOW MANY SNAKES WOULD IT TAKE TO DEFEAT YOU, [CHAT]?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's right.
    Preacher wrote: Β»
    Chanus wrote: Β»
    the eagles had a lot of good songs and it just happens to be cool to shit on them

I honestly think for a lot of people in their 30s its just quoting the big lebowski. So often people are told to dislike things and go along with it without much thought.

Like the men behind the eagles are kind of wank stains but that's nothing on their music.

oh yeah i mean don henley and glen frey definitely are/were giant assholes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    Holy shit whoever is ordering food for these training sessions is like super over ordering food.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's right.
    i used to do a high and lonesome hank williams-esque acoustic guitar cover of you shook me all night long

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    hayseed dixie dot youtube dot highway to hell

I think I walked past a Hayseed Dixie concert in Cambridge, once

Either that or a Hayseed Dixie cover band, which would be weird

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: Β»
    I don't understand why skype needs to lower the volume of a game 50% of the time.

It happening 50% of the time is probably a bug.

It happening at all means it's very difficult to get the volume of game audio that you want. And fucks your ears up immediately if skype disconnects.

It should only do that if there's something coming through from skype, either an incomming call or someone talking, or if you're saying something into skype.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Yeah, that's right.

like the scottish oasis cover band no way sis that was essentially a beatles cover band cover band

• Options
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Really, it would be weird, in cambridge? Seems more par for the course than anything.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, a new thing for Star Wars fans to be annoyed about.
    They're resetting the in-universe calendar so instead of A New Hope being Year 0 The Force Awakens is.

Disney doesn't get it.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Can we keep star wars to the star wars thread, like please for all of us baby shut that door.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Eleven, unless they're snakes.
    Sleep wrote: Β»
    Holy shit whoever is ordering food for these training sessions is like super over ordering food.

Do they let you take home extras?

• Options
    edited January 2020
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    Sleep wrote: Β»

Do they let you take home extras?

They're not even my training sessions, or my corp, but i'm sure as fuck eating their leftovers.

Fringe benefit of working in a wework space

Sleep on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    Preacher wrote: Β»
    Can we keep star wars to the star wars thread, like please for all of us baby shut that door.

Lightsabers are cool Preacher, and nothing they can do will take that away.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    when i was a kid my parents always listened to the Thin Lizzy version of Whiskey in the Jar

thank you for your attention, that concludes this important announcement

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    The Director of Ethics provides leadership to clinical ethics services through consultation, education, and policy and practice development. This position serves the hospitals and clinics by working collaboratively with physicians, patients, families, co-workers and health ministry leaders to facilitate ethical decision-making consistent with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services and the integration of the Mercy values.

ok, maybe not

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    74mIXDC.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh shit they are doing a Destiny 2 Raid speed run later

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    Mortious wrote: Β»
    Honk wrote: Β»
    I don't understand why skype needs to lower the volume of a game 50% of the time.

It happening 50% of the time is probably a bug.

It happening at all means it's very difficult to get the volume of game audio that you want. And fucks your ears up immediately if skype disconnects.

It should only do that if there's something coming through from skype, either an incomming call or someone talking, or if you're saying something into skype.

Actually it turned out that Windows Sound was marked β€œdo nothing” but acting like I had β€œreduce all other sources by 80%” marked. So I marked that and then put it back to β€œdo nothing”.

Microsoft makes bad software.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I think I've seen them live.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    https://youtu.be/TD2Niae26Ow

See that's a decent modernization of whiskey in the jar.

• Options
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    Eminem ft Dido - Stan

*chef's kiss*

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's right.
    74mIXDC.jpg
    I feel attacked for really whipping the lamas ass.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tomas Haake is an absolutely insane drummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAJ1WTGNISk

• Options
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    Thanks to that graphic, now I'm listening to the early Eminem stuff that was big when I was in Jr High/High School

um, guys, I don't know if you've heard this one, but the social messages in these songs are kind of messed up

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sixty-ten
    MrMister wrote: Β»
    Thanks to that graphic, now I'm listening to the early Eminem stuff that was big when I was in Jr High/High School

um, guys, I don't know if you've heard this one, but the social messages in these songs are kind of messed up

let me get the fainting couch

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I think there's a setting in the sound control panel dialog window that can disable mic communications like skype from reducing other sounds.

• Options
    FeralFeral οΌ­οΌ₯οΌ­οΌ₯οΌ΄οΌ©οΌ£οΌ¨οΌ‘οΌ²οΌ©οΌΊοΌ‘οΌ²οΌ€ interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝΙ₯Κ‡ Ηα΄‰ΚŒoΙ― ʇǝloɹʌǝΙ₯Ι” ɐ ΗΚŒα΄‰ΙΉp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Orange!
    @Krathoon

Coldfusion never was a good language

There are still corporate intranets out there on it, and people have to maintain them, so there are jobs

If you want to be the guy who makes himself indispensable by keeping old stuff up and running, you could learn it

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    I think there's a setting in the sound control panel dialog window that can disable mic communications like skype from reducing other sounds.
    In theory "let applications take exclusive control of my microphone" is the setting you uncheck, but there's like 50,000 layers of code and ways to access microphones and many applications will still fuck things up.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options

I think I've seen them live.

If it was on Jesus Green, I might have walked past you, just on the other side of a large fence

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    We installed discord instead finally.

But then my buddy's GTFO client got corrupted and he needed to redownload it.

But then his steam stopped working and he needs to reinstall it.

So there will be no vidya today.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
    I see Spotify has the updated version of My Name Is where he took out the lyrics about brutalizing a gay teacher and raping lesbians

ah, the passage of time

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    W00t-w00T

Looks like Kansas is going to do the Medicaid expansion in 2021. It was largely blocked by the Kansas state senate president (who is not the majority leader) last year, but with her busy on the campaign trail for the open senate seat it looks like it got through her many procedural blocks.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I am the snakes.
    Six wrote: Β»
    VishNub wrote: Β»
    bluegrass covers of metal songs

https://youtu.be/uWI0ZGrC9Mg

The mandolin work in this is great.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Looks like my new position starts Monday

Aaahhhhhh

• Options
    My thoughts on the last few minutes of Episode 2 of Dracula in the form of me live-messaging my friend:
    vjjllzt4rbif.jpg

• Options
    Took an accidental selfie with my hair down and realized I'm 10 inches of beard and whiter hair away from a Saruman cosplay.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: Β»
    Krathoon

Coldfusion never was a good language

There are still corporate intranets out there on it, and people have to maintain them, so there are jobs

If you want to be the guy who makes himself indispensable by keeping old stuff up and running, you could learn it

I did two modules of a distance learning course in web development in 2003, where the teaching language was Coldfusion.

It was not a good course

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I am the snakes.
    Echo wrote: Β»
    Tomas Haake is an absolutely insane drummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAJ1WTGNISk

I'm not sure how he is rated for skill, but I really like Matt Greiner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tdHBk6QDJ4

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Orange!
    7OG7ED9_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Options
    I was once told, pre-beard, that I have resting John de Lancie face.

With beard I clearly have resting Saruman face.

This discussion has been closed.