As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    bleh, I regret blowing off this event. This looks like too much to grind in jsut 1 day left

I think at this point I'll just cash out for the cosmetics and hope that they have some other way to get lavos in the future. Or maybe just buy it next time I get a good coupon

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    It doesn't take as much time as you'd imagine - a lot of the event-specific rewards drop from the mission itself. I got three of the four lavos blueprints (base and chassis+systems) from running the mission.

I was contemplating trying to grind out some event things to pick up Barrier or Grace, but honestly? The event sucks. Playing Bonewidow? Try to grab and interrupt Batalysts so that they don't shred your Voidrigs. Playing a voidrig? Press 4 and do 90% of your team's damage because it's fucking broken. And everyone should equip a fluctus because it has infinite punchthrough so you don't even need to move to take care of resonators.

I'm flummoxed as to why DE thought that restricting your play choices to one of two underbaked cornbots was a good idea.

Oh well, here's hoping they do something better next year.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    is that why I was seeing so many Flucti? I just thought it was because it's a good archgun all-round.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Fluctus has massive punchthrough and a large projectile size. Tradeoff is a relatively short falloff/max range and a smallish magazine, but on the ground, I don't think it matters so much. I quite like it in general, though my baby is really the Mausolon at this point.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    bleh, I regret blowing off this event. This looks like too much to grind in jsut 1 day left

I think at this point I'll just cash out for the cosmetics and hope that they have some other way to get lavos in the future. Or maybe just buy it next time I get a good coupon

I played it enough to get the gold dojo sculpture, but haven't looked at my mission rewards yet, I just blew all the points on the cosmetics. Warframe is in some sense a resource management game, plat is just the most liquid, mutable resource in the game, and as long as I don't mind the feeling of loss that comes from converting something I've earned into something else I'll just grab the frame and weapons I didn't get parts for from the store.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I'm flummoxed as to why DE thought that restricting your play choices to one of two underbaked cornbots was a good idea.

It's because this event was specifically to test Necramechs in regular missions, and to get a butt-ton of usage data about the Necramechs. It's a big QA test disguised as an event. People were whining since Necramechs came out that you can only really use them in the open-world zones, so DE decided to make a test case to see well, what happens if we let people use them in regular missions. This also let them get a FUCKTON more people using the Necramechs, which let them more easily identify bugs with the damn things, because before just not enough people were bothering for them to get consistent repro.

For that purpose, I think this event succeeded spectacularly. They've already implemented a whole slew of bugfixes for the Necramechs specifically, and I think the answer to "should we allow Necramechs in regular missions all the time?" is a resounding NO, because they break the shit out of an already broke-ass game. I know people still whine about content islands blah blah but you know what? Maybe it's okay for some things to stay in some modes!

Speaking of content islands, last week's deluge of Railjack nightwaves got me still closer to having one "perfect" set of each Mark III Railjack component type -- meaning, I've valance fused them to have max stats. Leveling Intrinsics is still slow as balls though, I'm not sure how some people maxed ALL of theirs in like, the first few weeks Railjack was out, other than not sleeping and spending all their plat on Affinity boosters o_O

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    For that purpose, I think this event succeeded spectacularly. They've already implemented a whole slew of bugfixes for the Necramechs specifically, and I think the answer to "should we allow Necramechs in regular missions all the time?" is a resounding NO, because they break the shit out of an already broke-ass game. I know people still whine about content islands blah blah but you know what? Maybe it's okay for some things to stay in some modes!

I do want to see more missions with necramechs in them. Yes. Necramechs in every missions is a bad idea, but I still want to use necramechs in places that aren't open worlds.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    The general refrain I've seen about content islands isn't 'let us use this side-progression stuff in normal missions' and more 'please stop making side-progression stuff and instead make content for the core gameplay.'

Which I'll admit is difficult these days. There's a whole slew of mods that will probably never get Primed variants because things are broke enough as is.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    It gave me a reason to get (and a way to level up) a Bonewidow, which given my well-known antipathy to everything Infested, I never would have done if they'd remained a mostly-Deimos thing. Heck, it got me to go to Deimos (for the minimum necessary time).

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Frankly I'm not very worried about people using Necramechs in regular missions. They're too slow and without bullet jump there's quite a few tile pieces that would become incredibly annoying very quickly.

Like would people hop in them for Sortie defense missions? Sure probably. But Sortie defense is an annoying chore so *shrug*

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Frankly I'm not very worried about people using Necramechs in regular missions. They're too slow and without bullet jump there's quite a few tile pieces that would become incredibly annoying very quickly.

Like would people hop in them for Sortie defense missions? Sure probably. But Sortie defense is an annoying chore so *shrug*

Mobile Defense, Defense, Survival, Interception. They're all missions that could suffer "Mechabuse". Which is kinda why I want my necramech content island bigger, not necramechs everywhere. I do however feel like 40k Dreadnought w/assault cannon whenever I bring my Bonewidow&Mausolon.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options

Mobile Defense, Defense, Survival, Interception. They're all missions that could suffer "Mechabuse". Which is kinda why I want my necramech content island bigger, not necramechs everywhere. I do however feel like 40k Dreadnought w/assault cannon whenever I bring my Bonewidow&Mausolon.

I mean I get what you're saying but those mission types are already trivially broken by just bringing the right warframe.

Like a Necramech doesn't really add much to a Mobile Defense mission where someone brought a Hildryn built for range/a decent Frost build/a duration Limbo build/etc.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I'm reminded that while I managed to get all the drops for Lavos (and Cedo, which I've already built) during the Operation, I'm missing a few materials. Can anyone here supply me with 6 (each) Trapezium Xenorhasts and Cachobon Embolos, polished and purified of their taint? I can trade straight across for gems from other shores, or plat, or we can bargain further.

All good! :)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    I'm reminded that while I managed to get all the drops for Lavos (and Cedo, which I've already built) during the Operation, I'm missing a few materials. Can anyone here supply me with 6 (each) Trapezium Xenorhasts and Cachobon Embolos, polished and purified of their taint? I can trade straight across for gems from other shores, or plat, or we can bargain further.

If I ever meet you online :)

• Options

I'll see what I've got, also if you want more real time communication the pa warframe discord channel is sometimes used.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    The bun hooked me up, thanks; and I wasn't sure how active y'all are on the discord. I'll get on that as well.
    EDIT: Huh, the invite code in the Alliance Chat motd seems to not be working?

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Speaking of content islands, last week's deluge of Railjack nightwaves got me still closer to having one "perfect" set of each Mark III Railjack component type -- meaning, I've valance fused them to have max stats. Leveling Intrinsics is still slow as balls though, I'm not sure how some people maxed ALL of theirs in like, the first few weeks Railjack was out, other than not sleeping and spending all their plat on Affinity boosters o_O

There was some exploits at the start, where you got the Intrinsic levels even if you failed the mission.

So you would solo one of the high level missions, go directly to the big ship. And then use Ivara to kill all the normal mobs with a giant stealh bonus to affinity.

I believe Tactical Potatoe had a video where with an affinity booster he got 80 levels in 10-15mins.

You then just fail out, and don't have to kill the ships in space.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Alternately, you could kill 9809802984098098029348 Murex with a booster on.

TBF mine aren't maxed, but there's not a huge gain after 8 or so in each I don't think.

dporowski on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    dporowski wrote: »
    Alternately, you could kill 9809802984098098029348 Murex with a booster on.

TBF mine aren't maxed, but there's not a huge gain after 8 or so in each I don't think.

Still feels good to tick those points off, but it doesn't really change the gameplay at all, at least not to my jaded, callused sensibilities.

The bun hooked me up, thanks; and I wasn't sure how active y'all are on the discord. I'll get on that as well.
    EDIT: Huh, the invite code in the Alliance Chat motd seems to not be working?

What is your discord id? can try sending an invite, or asking someone with authority to do so in the chat.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I finally beat Cyberpunk 2077, and while I'm also currently playing through the remake of the original Bard's Tale Trilogy and the Halo series on my shiny new Xbox, I'm also suddenly in the mood to farm railjack parts, intrinsics, and the sentient ephemera.

I'm off work tomorrow and Friday, anyone wanna join me for some farming action? Might play tonight after work too

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Darmak wrote: »
    I finally beat Cyberpunk 2077, and while I'm also currently playing through the remake of the original Bard's Tale Trilogy and the Halo series on my shiny new Xbox, I'm also suddenly in the mood to farm railjack parts, intrinsics, and the sentient ephemera.

I'm off work tomorrow and Friday, anyone wanna join me for some farming action? Might play tonight after work too

Whereas I'm working tomorrow and Friday, but available and interested after 5 PM Pacific (and same this evening). Hit me up via msg, Steam, Discord, smoke signals...

EDIT: Ohhh... yeah, I'm on PC too, don't think that's gonna work.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options

I'd love to since I still technically need intrinsics, like Railjack missions, and I have a near maxed out Railjack but I'm on PC.

If I'm misunderstanding and you're on PC then I can be on after about 7PMish central.

Though I do need to get my MR30 test done with tomorrow as well which seems to mean learning how to play Saryn because Titania ain't gonna cut it.

• Options

Efffff yes

• Options
    Oh, sorry, I play on PC as well! I just mentioned the Xbox because other games on it are what have pulled me away lately!

And I'll be on and off the game through today and tomorrow and I'll be checking alliance chat and Discord to see who's up for some fun times

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

I'd love to since I still technically need intrinsics, like Railjack missions, and I have a near maxed out Railjack but I'm on PC.

If I'm misunderstanding and you're on PC then I can be on after about 7PMish central.

Though I do need to get my MR30 test done with tomorrow as well which seems to mean learning how to play Saryn because Titania ain't gonna cut it.

Saryn: All the range, none of the efficiency, like neutralish power strength. Cast spores on a guy, gank him. Go hide in a corner while the level dies. If bored, 4.

• Options
    Man the MR30 test is feast or famine.

I practiced it four times with Saryn and passed the last three tries. The first I failed because enemies were barely dropping life support in the first two waves so by wave three I had no chance. The final three attempts went flawlessly.

So I try to qualify and the exact same thing happened as in the first practice. Just no life support dropping. I made it to the last boss on wave three and was about two meters away from getting the last remaining life support drop when I ran out.

Literally no idea what went different other than RNG.

• Options

I practiced it four times with Saryn and passed the last three tries. The first I failed because enemies were barely dropping life support in the first two waves so by wave three I had no chance. The final three attempts went flawlessly.

So I try to qualify and the exact same thing happened as in the first practice. Just no life support dropping. I made it to the last boss on wave three and was about two meters away from getting the last remaining life support drop when I ran out.

Could always go with Nekros + the shades DR augment. He's real hard to kill, turns out, and might fix your drops problem?

• Options

Could always go with Nekros + the shades DR augment. He's real hard to kill, turns out, and might fix your drops problem?

I may give that a go if the drops don't happen again tomorrow but at the same time with the size of the level and how spread out the spawns are I'm not sure any frame beats Saryn on paper.

After thinking about it some more I think the key may be killing any bosses that can create a nullifier field immediately because I assume that strips spores and if enough enemies are in range of that I can see everything falling apart very rapidly.

• Options

I may give that a go if the drops don't happen again tomorrow but at the same time with the size of the level and how spread out the spawns are I'm not sure any frame beats Saryn on paper.

After thinking about it some more I think the key may be killing any bosses that can create a nullifier field immediately because I assume that strips spores and if enough enemies are in range of that I can see everything falling apart very rapidly.

Oh yeah, fields strip spores. Saryn has a significant dropoff in effectiveness against any faction w/ Nullifiers. They will not only screw your immediate damage, but removal of debuffs means you're likely to start hitting decay.

I'd say obviously prioritise them, as you said, but--and this is just me here--don't worry about recasting spores. Yeah, you take a damage hit from it, but spores does so stupidly much damage when spread and ramping that "keep it going" outweighs "ooh I took a percentage hit" in my book. Don't spam, obviously, but like, if it's low target count? Drop it into a cluster and 4/kill to spread it from that base point as well. I will generally think about a recast if I'm at <6-7 targets affected, and it doesn't look like I can catch them with a 4 to spread, and/or find one to manually kill/spread.

Also, if you've got spores ramped enough that it's killing quick, use 4 more than seems sensible. Mobs that spores kills while affected by 4 spread, otherwise they don't. You don't honestly care about the damage off 4, just the debuff presence when the spore tick kills.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Oh yeah, fields strip spores. Saryn has a significant dropoff in effectiveness against any faction w/ Nullifiers. They will not only screw your immediate damage, but removal of debuffs means you're likely to start hitting decay.

I'd say obviously prioritise them, as you said, but--and this is just me here--don't worry about recasting spores. Yeah, you take a damage hit from it, but spores does so stupidly much damage when spread and ramping that "keep it going" outweighs "ooh I took a percentage hit" in my book. Don't spam, obviously, but like, if it's low target count? Drop it into a cluster and 4/kill to spread it from that base point as well. I will generally think about a recast if I'm at <6-7 targets affected, and it doesn't look like I can catch them with a 4 to spread, and/or find one to manually kill/spread.

Also, if you've got spores ramped enough that it's killing quick, use 4 more than seems sensible. Mobs that spores kills while affected by 4 spread, otherwise they don't. You don't honestly care about the damage off 4, just the debuff presence when the spore tick kills.

Thank you for this. I'm pretty clueless about how Saryn works.

I was actually prioritizing the nullifiers but when they end up in a pack of all the enemies with an arbitration drone mixed in with ancients, scorpions, and enemies that can do the expanding fire field knockdown things get frustrating and go downhill super fast.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Happy to help. I may or may not have spent a lot of time in ESO with a certain frame...

Edit: Oh, and for true optimal behavior? Keep killing manually while you've got spores out. Not so much for "efficiency" as to keep spreading spores around from those kills. The main tension is "spores kills the shit out of things" vs "spore kills don't propagate more spores unless under Miasma debuff". As such you balance 4/gun/let dots tick to keep the train rolling, and kill the FUCK out of anything that strips your powers off. Generally when I do a recast/initial cast I immediately kill the spores target.

dporowski on
  • Options
    HappylilElf and severen helped me do a few railjack missions last night, and Commander Zoom ran one with me the night before, and now I have the tenebrous ephemera! Thanks, y'all, this thing is rad! It looks like a dark, dry fluid on my frame with evaporating smoke and a few glowing particles coming off of it. Very fuckin cool

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Glad that worked out for you.

• Options
    Glad that worked out for you.

Thanks! I stayed up slightly late last night and am paying for it today at work, but I'm excited to go home tonight and play pretty princess dress up.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Ok, just need three headshots in a single aim glide for this riven

"Cephalites! You gott figure out..."

ugh

"I'm readin' the same signal as our..."

oh god damnit

"Cephalites! You g"

OH FUCK OFF ALREADY

I am so ready for this Nightwave event to be over. See also: 2 months ago.

• Options
    Cracked two shotgun rivens and they're both for the Corinth which I already have a riven for

Neither are all that great stats-wise but if anyone wants them for rerolling purposes just let me know.

• Options
    Oh and MR30 get.

Ended the last wave with over 50% life support.

Still not 100% sure what the difference between attempts was.

• Options
    Large optimization update today. 6+GB, so it will take a while to download and update. Just so you're prepared.

• Options
    BTW, Xbox (I'd assume all console) currently is a month-long 2x affinity "weekend". So if you got some formas you've been wanting to do... Pop a booster on top, and man that is smooth sailing.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    You know what's a crime? Like a really messed up thing? That the people who future-proofed this, the ones that rebooted the biosphere, presumably Sobek and her team, that they didn't give humans dogs, immediately. Like. That's actually really bad! And stupid! I'm not even that much of a dog person but *we evolved with dogs!* Humanity was in a symbiotic relationship with dogs for like... I mean actually, I'd argue that homo sapiens became homo sapiens because of dogs. We were able to outcompete the other human species because of dogs.

BUT THERES NO DOGS!!! EXTREMELY BAD OVERSIGHT DEVELOPERS, BAD ANTHROPOLOGY, 0/10 PREORDER CANCELLED

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
This discussion has been closed.