As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    In unrelated news, I have built a zaw so slow that when I swing it, it looks like I'm dodging bullets in the matrix.

Contrariwise, I recently pulled out my Lesion with a bunch of attack speed built on it, while using my Eternal War Valkyr.

It swings so fast it actually breaks the animation and stops working correctly as a melee weapon. Sometimes I get a full swing, but most of the time my Valkyr just did a tiny little jab with the end of the thing. Granted, that still made the Corpus it was poking explode into chunky salsa, but even so.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Lotus: Look, fucko, you weren't supposed to wait until you were a thousand hours into the game before attempting the Mastery Rank 14 test. Most people have, like, one forma'd weapon at this point in their progress, not an entire arsenal strapped to their backs. So just kill the…
    Nah it'd be pretty hard to hit MR14 without having a few things you've slapped a tater on. That test just ain't tuned right.

I know someone who started less than two weeks ago who is hitting MR 10 today. So far he has a potato in Rhino and his Hek. He may have forma'd the Hek once?

MR ranks absolutely fly by if you have someone who can explain the game.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    So between my Zenurik focus school, my Arcane Energize, my Dethcube with Energy Generator, my sniper rifle with Sharpshooter, my pistol with Energizing Shot and a Cephalon Suda syndicate effect, and my zaw with Exodia Brave, I think my build might finally have enough energy regen.

Maybe.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Better load up on a few more pizzas, just in case.

• Options

No lie the 100 Squad Large Energy Restore blueprint is my favorite addition to the game

• Options
    At the very least, I feel like I'll still be okay if Scott removes Energizing Dash like he's always threatening to do.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Nips wrote: »
    I just looked up the drop table for the one Nova Prime part that I still need. Looks like the best bet is doing open-world bounties. Oh, good. Faaaantastic.

For rare/hard to acquire prime bits, I would suggest consulting Warframe Market. Or asking here, for that matter. What's the bit you need?

Systems is the only one that eluded me last time Nova P was out of the vault.

I've got one I can break from a set, if no one else can come up with a random singleton.

D’oh, I misspoke. It’s the Chassis, the rare one. But after doing some bounties, I’ve got three of the relic now. So I’m going to go run some void fissures. I appreciate the offer, though. Thank you.

Edit: Aaaand, Nova Prime is cooking. Or, the parts are, anyway. It’s been a while since I got a rare from a relic without burning through a stack. That was a pleasant surprise.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

No lie the 100 Squad Large Energy Restore blueprint is my favorite addition to the game

This post just physically injured me. I had no idea there was an x100 blueprint. I have many thousand restores built, all with the x10...

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »

This post just physically injured me. I had no idea there was an x100 blueprint. I have many thousand restores built, all with the x10...

They just added it maybe a patch ago. Clan research.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    I just looked up the drop table for the one Nova Prime part that I still need. Looks like the best bet is doing open-world bounties. Oh, good. Faaaantastic.

For rare/hard to acquire prime bits, I would suggest consulting Warframe Market. Or asking here, for that matter. What's the bit you need?

Systems is the only one that eluded me last time Nova P was out of the vault.

I've got one I can break from a set, if no one else can come up with a random singleton.

D’oh, I misspoke. It’s the Chassis, the rare one. But after doing some bounties, I’ve got three of the relic now. So I’m going to go run some void fissures. I appreciate the offer, though. Thank you.

Edit: Aaaand, Nova Prime is cooking. Or, the parts are, anyway. It’s been a while since I got a rare from a relic without burning through a stack. That was a pleasant surprise.

I got the chassis last night as well. Got a Neo N12 from a bounty, joined a rad share and got it. Still need the systems, but I don't get many Axi relics.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    kralizecc wrote: »

They just added it maybe a patch ago. Clan research.

I scrambled to the wiki as soon as I read happylilelf's post, I just started railjack however and will need to grind for a while before I can get the blueprints =(

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Since the bug with the Railjack Sigma Mk3 engines was fixed, I started that research in the PS4 dojo. So those are three days out. I know something better can be had in the Veil, but I’m not up to that level of Intrinsics. And I’m not spending resources to repair lesser loot items while I’m still at Earth or Saturn, where Archwings do the heavy lifting.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Getting in to this on PS4 finally

Used my half off ticket and whatever premium currency I had lying around and haha nezha go brrrrn

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Used my half off ticket and whatever premium currency I had lying around and haha nezha go brrrrn

Why would you do that? You don't even need to farm him in any way, his parts are bought directly from dojo research.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

Why would you do that? You don't even need to farm him in any way, his parts are bought directly from dojo research.

'Welcome to our community, new player!'

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was not a great way to frame that thought.

So hey, welcome! Enjoy Nezha (shouldn't be hard to do!) and if you get another coupon feel free to holler in here and check to see if you're eyeballing something that's actually not too bad to farm up.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I will say it seems like a really good early game frame either way so I don't have buyer's remorse

Those defense missions with the zombie dudes? Fire Walker whips ass, was definitely getting to waves I should not have

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options

Does the PS4 clan have that dojo research?

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Does the PS4 clan have that dojo research?

We have everything so far as I can tell

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I know my clan has all research done.

• Options
    If there's a particular frame that really speaks to you, then I absolute endorse buying them right out the gate, regardless of how easy or difficult they are to farm.

Even the easiest warframes still require you to either complete some missions or collect some resources before you can build them. Why do all that with one of the free starters when, for a few measly dollars, you can do it with whoever you want?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

in the future when you get more discounts, there are several frames that are absolute buttholes to acquire that are generally recommended to buy(especially for very new players), so if you do decide to spend more money these are generally your best bets to save you some anguish
    atlas has a terrible quest associated before you can start farming the parts, but the farm itself is easy
    chroma requires a quest that is not that hard and a fairly sizable grind
    gauss has a horrendous grind
    grendel requires extremely endgame currency and then 3 very difficult missions
    harrow has a rad quest but an obnoxious grind
    ivara is maybe the most rng and awful grind in the game
    khora is heavily rng based for her grind
    nidus requires very annoying quest that can be cheesed and a pretty annoying grind

aside from those nothing is really bad, mostly just time consuming

also, the wiki is extremely informative and pretty complete

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I'd recommend against buying Ivara or Khora, you're going to run into plenty of their parts while farming other stuff that you'll need. Harrow is particularly bad, though, and involves farming two missions that aren't very popular or fun and have no real reason to be run other than to get Harrow parts.

jothki on
  • Options
    I find it weird that many of the Primes that aren't vaulted are easier to get than their non-prime originals.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    For primes however RNGjesus has to smile at you. I've been chasing Axi T4 for over a week now, but it remains disgustingly elusive.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Yeah, I am missing like one piece each from Titania Prime and Equinox Prime, and weapon wise still need a Corinth Prime blueprint and Akjagara Prime Barrel that I am after right now.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

in the future when you get more discounts, there are several frames that are absolute buttholes to acquire that are generally recommended to buy(especially for very new players), so if you do decide to spend more money these are generally your best bets to save you some anguish
    atlas has a terrible quest associated before you can start farming the parts, but the farm itself is easy
    nidus requires very annoying quest that can be cheesed and a pretty annoying grind

Harrow and Ivara are way too far down this list.

Harrow is by far the worst frame to farm unless it turns out you are just the right kind of broken that you really really love farming defection missions. Ivara is also kinda terrible because of seemingly endless farming of spy missions but at least the missions go quick.

Atlas is just shooting a space monster in the butt over and over. It's an easier boss fight than most.

Chroma is a quest and really not hard to obtain at all. Also don't bother unless you want the mastery rank because Chroma really served one purpose and he kinda doesn't anymore.

Gauss is far far easier grind than Harrow or Ivara. Not much worse than the murder-a-boss-a-lot grinds (his weapons are another matter entirely).

Grendel is something you farm after you're to the point where you can solo his missions because you have a melee weapon with a giant base heavy slam damage at which point the missions go from hard to laughably trivial (but still super annoying because bunny hop heavy slamming is fantastically boring)

Khora is just running a horde mode enough times.

Nidus is cheesing a special mission type but in a way that can be done solo (although I'd very much recommend a group that is in on what's going on because then it becomes trivial).

Amusingly Titania was left out and she's generally considered a slog to obtain as well but really it's just a matter of not waiting until you're on the quest to start scanning plants. I heard about the grind to get her and just started scanning plants I came across and iirc I finished her quest in a few days.

TLDR: If you're gonna buy pain in the ass frames with your next discount go Harrow -> Ivara. Also if you see a plant? Scan it.

• Options
    Seriously, dual element/status mods. You want them, and if you pay plat for Ivara you'd better be prepared to pay plat to other players as well for them, or you'll just end up successfully farming Ivara anyway.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Harrow is by far the worst frame to farm unless it turns out you are just the right kind of broken that you really really love farming defection missions. Ivara is also kinda terrible because of seemingly endless farming of spy missions but at least the missions go quick.

Atlas is just shooting a space monster in the butt over and over. It's an easier boss fight than most.

Chroma is a quest and really not hard to obtain at all. Also don't bother unless you want the mastery rank because Chroma really served one purpose and he kinda doesn't anymore.

Gauss is far far easier grind than Harrow or Ivara. Not much worse than the murder-a-boss-a-lot grinds (his weapons are another matter entirely).

Grendel is something you farm after you're to the point where you can solo his missions because you have a melee weapon with a giant base heavy slam damage at which point the missions go from hard to laughably trivial (but still super annoying because bunny hop heavy slamming is fantastically boring)

Nidus is cheesing a special mission type but in a way that can be done solo (although I'd very much recommend a group that is in on what's going on because then it becomes trivial).

Amusingly Titania was left out and she's generally considered a slog to obtain as well but really it's just a matter of not waiting until you're on the quest to start scanning plants. I heard about the grind to get her and just started scanning plants I came across and iirc I finished her quest in a few days.

TLDR: If you're gonna buy pain in the ass frames with your next discount go Harrow -> Ivara. Also if you see a plant? Scan it.

they were done in alphabetical order

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Ivaras grind isn't even in the same zipcode as those other ones. The only asking part of it is good time consuming lua is, the normal ones can be trvialized with half a dozen other games.

If you're going to spend plat, use it on khora, where you have to run a 20 minute mission to get a chance for it to drop

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    There is no wrong way to play Warframe. It's a time-consuming game if you're trying to collect everything, which not everyone is. (And really not everyone should even want to.)

When a 50 or 75% off coupon comes your way, use it to buy a shiny frame or weapon that catches your eye. It's fine.

There's some genuinely good storytelling stuff, it's just buried quite a number of hours into the game.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Ivaras grind isn't even in the same zipcode as those other ones. The only asking part of it is good time consuming lua is, the normal ones can be trvialized with half a dozen other games.

If you're going to spend plat, use it on khora, where you have to run a 20 minute mission to get a chance for it to drop

I'd argue the amount of time I've spent in SO/ESO just grinding affinity has made me have a pile of Khora parts without even trying.

Buy Ivara/Harrow/Octavia/Nidus I'd say, since either Ivara or Ivara Prime make Spy missions an amount easier I can't even describe, and the other have sucky grinds.

Don't buy (I mean unless you wanna) anything that drops from someplace you're gonna be anyway doing a thing, like Oberon, or Ash.

• Options
    edited June 2020

I'd argue the amount of time I've spent in SO/ESO just grinding affinity has made me have a pile of Khora parts without even trying.

Buy Ivara/Harrow/Octavia/Nidus I'd say, since either Ivara or Ivara Prime make Spy missions an amount easier I can't even describe, and the other have sucky grinds.

Don't buy (I mean unless you wanna) anything that drops from someplace you're gonna be anyway doing a thing, like Oberon, or Ash.

Some people don't do that. Crazy, I know. That's why I bought my cat lady with plat.

EDIT:
    The thing about spending plat on Khora is that unlike the dual element/status mods, you can't just buy focus from other players. If you take the endgame remotely seriously, you're inevitably going to be handed Khora's parts for free as part of your normal playing process.

I guess I don't do that either, then.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited June 2020

The thing about spending plat on Khora is that unlike the dual element/status mods, you can't just buy focus from other players. If you take the endgame remotely seriously, you're inevitably going to be handed Khora's parts for free as part of your normal playing process.

edit: Although they don't seem to make it onto this sort of list for some reason, I'm entirely sympathetic towards people who want to buy Hildryn or Baruuk with platinum. The grind to get those two is really nasty, and they're new enough that they won't be getting Prime variants any time soon.

edit: In fact, yeah, if I had to recommend any frame for a new player to purchase with platinum, it'd be Hildryn. She's simple to use, she's impressively durable, she has a semi-passive AoE effect that's good enough to melt through weaker enemies, and she isn't very dependent on mods in order to function.

jothki on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020

hard disagree

my friend and i ran sanctuary onslaught way past what the expected amount of runs would be and never got the final part we needed because pacing the rewards at 1 reward per 2 waves and aabc rotations with 2 components in the c rotation means that you got a single chance at 1 of 2 necessary components every run of 8 waves at a minimum of 20 minutes per run

which is a dogshit usage of your time in warframe because sanctuary onslaught doesn't even give good rewards other than affinity
    if khora could drop from ESO you would at least have the consolation that you're getting radiant relics but nope, regular sanctuary onslaught only

your experience with khora might have been different but to us it was absolutely enraging and draining to the point that we gave up and got khora with plat because every 8 wave run of sanctuary onslaught was 20+ minutes of real time better spent elsewhere

edit: Although they don't seem to make it onto this sort of list for some reason, I'm entirely sympathetic towards people who want to buy Hildryn or Baruuk with platinum. The grind to get those two is really nasty, and they're new enough that they won't be getting Prime variants any time soon.

there are other ways to get affinity/focus and only one way to get khora systems and BP and if someone isn't wanting to focus grind on Sanctuary Onslaught (does anyone even focus farm on normal? i'm pretty sure most people do that on ESO, which again, you can't do if you're trying to get khora) because it's dreadfully boring and time consuming, grinding for khora becomes an incredibly miserable slog

Orphane on
  • Options

Some people don't do that. Crazy, I know. That's why I bought my cat lady with plat.

Uh... How do you level things then? I'm not there for focus, I'm there 'cause it's the single most efficient way I've found to level/re-level something, especially if I'm on a forma spree. Way more efficient than Akkad.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Orphane wrote: »

hard disagree

my friend and i ran sanctuary onslaught way past what the expected amount of runs would be and never got the final part we needed because pacing the rewards at 1 reward per 2 waves and aabc rotations with 2 components in the c rotation means that you got a single chance at 1 of 2 necessary components every run of 8 waves

which is a dogshit usage of your time in warframe because sanctuary onslaught doesn't even give good rewards other than affinity
    if khora could drop from ESO you would at least have the consolation that you're getting radiant relics but nope, regular sanctuary onslaught only

your experience with khora might have been different but to us it was absolutely enraging and draining to the point that we gave up and got khora with plat because every 8 wave run of sanctuary onslaught was 20+ minutes of real time better spent elsewhere

Yeah. I gave up after a good 10+ hours grinding normal SO and only getting dupes of one of the C parts

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular

Uh... How do you level things then? I'm not there for focus, I'm there 'cause it's the single most efficient way I've found to level/re-level something, especially if I'm on a forma spree. Way more efficient than Akkad.

Why are you leveling things in regular SO? If you can do ESO, SO is totally obsolete.

• Options

Hydron/Sedna, with Hydroid Prime spamming hard rain and tentacles. Usually takes two 15-wave runs if I'm only leveling one weapon, half that if I've got a 2x affinity booster running.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

Hydron. I never liked SO or ESO so just sidelined them for the most part during my levelling. I did a SO run the other day just to knock out the nightwave and got 2 Khora parts...1 more than I've ever gotten before. I think I still only have 1 or 2 parts of the vandal weapons that come from those missions too.

Grinding for affinity just seemed like a pointless waste of time to me since it comes passively if your frame has a lens on it and you are going to fill them all up over time as long as you at least have a variety of lenses on your most used frames.

I would suggest people not bother with the Ivara grind anymore since the Prime is out and much more achievable, either through farming or buying pieces from other players. She's another one I got unlucky on since I don't think I ever got her part from the Lua spy and just bought it after 40+ runs with no part.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.