As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    First match of the night. My team has a new light player in random matching crucible gear.
    The enemy team has an Unbroken from clan Cosmic.

I can immediately predict the match outcome. HOW is this their algorithm?!?!?! I'm writing this mid match, because we're all dead for LONG periods

EDIT: Match over. I have the only positive KD at 1.27, to my team's 0.7 and 0.36 respectively. Cosmic guy is sitting at a lovely 25 kills, 2.5 KD. Their lowest efficiency is 1.0. Looking at glory their team is 5200+, 520+, 4300+. Way way way above ours. In solo queue

Aaaaaaaaaand back out of Mythic rank I go into fabled. I am not having a good couple of days

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Match two. The guy with hundreds of gold medals on his emblem is the *worst* player on their team. Destiny Tracker says two of them are MAX glory. For comparison, we are...not that.
    And of course they're teabaggers.

I would love for someone from Bungie to actually try their damn game themselves so they can see what the experience is like.

EDIT: Match 3, I am fighting the same guys. I have...new light players? One of them has a sword.

Catalase on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Match two. The guy with hundreds of gold medals on his emblem is the *worst* player on their team. Destiny Tracker says two of them are MAX glory. For comparison, we are...not that.
    And of course they're teabaggers.

I would love for someone from Bungie to actually try their damn game themselves so they can see what the experience is like.

EDIT: Match 3, I am fighting the same guys. I have...new light players? One of them has a sword.

It's the best worst game ever :).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    If I could have a sniper rifle with a short-ass scope so I didn't feel like I was looking through a pringles can then I'd probably be a better sniper.

Some day the glory of no land beyond will come to destiny 2

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I think there's a lot of lore potential in further examining Guardian and normal human interactions. Does blood transfusion or organ transplants from a Guardian work in a normal person, for example.

I’m imagining like some horror scenario, a mad yet benevolent doctor has a Guardian strapped up and drugged out (maybe using some special Golden Age tech that is strong enough to keep the Guardian constantly incapacitated), and keeps harvesting their organs to help normal Lightless people who have been hurt by the ongoing battles these Guardians wage. The Guardian's Ghost has to constantly reluctantly heal the Guardian so they don't permanently die, or maybe the doctor is a Lightbearer themselves and their Ghost does the healing. Perhaps they used to be Guardian too, but got sick of seeing normal people caught in the middle of their fights, and they're angry at the Traveler for being brought back to life as a Lightbearer without their consent.

These are normal things people think about, right

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I imagine it was tried and the normal people receiving organs explode like Raiders of the Lost Ark. Then it was not attempted again.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I imagine a Ghost only has the ability to heal 'their guardian' and once you remove a limb or organ it just becomes dead flesh. It might be a way to produce infinite organs, but it seems pretty macabre to imagine them organ farming like that. I imagine guardians prob donate organs like blood when they need extra cash.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    :biggrin:
    kd3g5zm1goyv.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Vorpal Breachlight in pvp is super solid.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I imagine a Ghost only has the ability to heal 'their guardian' and once you remove a limb or organ it just becomes dead flesh. It might be a way to produce infinite organs, but it seems pretty macabre to imagine them organ farming like that. I imagine guardians prob donate organs like blood when they need extra cash.

Hey, it's a big solar system with all kinds of weirdos out there

That was simply a sample of Weird Tales from the Reef(TM), my collection of short stories of strange and sinister scenarios within the Destiny universe

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Spider probably has a warehouse full of spleens, some human even!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The problem with running a Guardian organ harvesting scheme is that if you are found out, the Guardians will come and murder everyone involved in your operation. Whereas if you asked or paid for them, you'd probably get a bunch of them.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The problem with running a Guardian organ harvesting scheme is that if you are found out, the Guardians will come and murder everyone involved in your operation. Whereas if you asked or paid for them, you'd probably get a bunch of them.

Offer a unique paint set and you'd have a queue out the door.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I mean, when the folks all lose their light at the beginning of D2 they don't all turn back to dead, so I'd assume that the light actually legit brings folks back, for good. That would mean they should conceivably be able to donate organs and blood if needed, though god knows what kind of hospitals the Last City even has.

Sometimes I wish they'd let me walk around that huge city just because, but I know it'd probs be really boring.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I like to think that the city is mostly like Kowloon and welding pipes without a safety mask on the wall is a highly sought after position. Those open spaces are farmland, not parks.

Saint is so delighted by it because his standards are really, really low.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »
    I like to think that the city is mostly like Kowloon and welding pipes without a safety mask on the wall is a highly sought after position. Those open spaces are farmland, not parks.

Saint is so delighted by it because his standards are really, really low.

(Rocket Racoon voice) is it weird that I kinda want to visit it more now?

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Spider probably has a warehouse full of spleens, some human even!

*Shax kicks shut the door to a barn full of crucible corpses*

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Triple shotgun build almost makes gambit fun. I mean, except losing 15 motes one match and 30 the next. But hey, on track finish Python in 5 matches.

edit: Hooray, python done.

Getting the right element of armor in the slot you want with decent stats is... a shitshow?

Nosf on
  • Options
    Second game of our Comp matches tonight, it boots out Twitch and would not let him rejoin, leaving me and Ghandi to 2v3.

Cut to us winning 4-1 with many super shutdowns
    https://youtu.be/NzCOYAUdDAs

• Options
    I may have just gotten to 5500 by accident while grinding out luna kills in solo queue. Majority of the way was with a dumb jotun rush build combined with top tree dawn blade.

Now I just have to get a shitload of precision headshot kills with handcannons for luna? I might be able to get not forgotten too, but I am somewhat terrible with hand cannons right now.

Its also somewhat frustrating being constantly killed by the two guns I'm chasing.

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    I may have just gotten to 5500 by accident while grinding out luna kills in solo queue. Majority of the way was with a dumb jotun rush build combined with top tree dawn blade.

Now I just have to get a shitload of precision headshot kills with handcannons for luna? I might be able to get not forgotten too, but I am somewhat terrible with hand cannons right now.

Its also somewhat frustrating being constantly killed by the two guns I'm chasing.
    Get a decent 150 for that 3 tap potential, esp if you're on PC. Console people seem to like Trust.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    CoolGuy posted a smart video about Erentil exploring all the reasons @Local H Jay gets hate mail and why that's completely justified:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8AL4KZbXgQ

TL;DW — The main reason Erentil is busted is that it has a damage floor of 36, meaning that any bolt that hits something will do a minimum of 36 (before buffs) at any range and regardless of the Range stat. When combined with a zoom scope, stability perks (like Firmly Planted), and proper technique, you can hit those 7x36 at great distances (regardless of Range stat).

CoolGuy offers some suggestions for how this can be "fixed", but mostly he wants folks to know that sending rude messages is toxic, even if someone is using an Erentil.

• Options
    "Hmm, this may be interesting," I think

*clicks on video*

21+ minutes of Erentil

Um excuse me what

I use Wizened Rebuke anyway, the patrician's fusion rifle. I know this because it has a gold medal on the side

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Wizened Rebuke - "I am part of the problem but at least I'm classy about it"

• Options
    I'm not sure if it's just my abysmal aim, but I haven't found any use for fusion rifles in PvE. I only equip one (the linear kind) when there's a bounty for it, and keep it on only long enough to grind out the mod part and small yellow crystal as payment for my annoyance.

In my personal experience they have not enough ammo, require some measure of accuracy, and they seem to be intended for close range which I avoid at all costs if I can.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    You could do that infinite shotgun ammo build with a decent void fusion in PVE to give yourself some better range.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Coolguy's videos are always really informative good, but always way too long.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Coolguy's videos are always really informative good, but always way too long.
    Yeah, the damage floor and the way firmly planted works with recoil direction are interesting and useful bits of information, but they did not need to take up 20 minutes.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    CoolGuy posted a smart video about Erentil exploring all the reasons @Local H Jay gets hate mail and why that's completely justified:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8AL4KZbXgQ

TL;DW — The main reason Erentil is busted is that it has a damage floor of 36, meaning that any bolt that hits something will do a minimum of 36 (before buffs) at any range and regardless of the Range stat. When combined with a zoom scope, stability perks (like Firmly Planted), and proper technique, you can hit those 7x36 at great distances (regardless of Range stat).

CoolGuy offers some suggestions for how this can be "fixed", but mostly he wants folks to know that sending rude messages is toxic, even if someone is using an Erentil.

Look, I fully embrace whatever is most effective in the game at most times. There are things I dislike/couldn't make work, like say Lord of Wolves in D2. I will say, Erentil is one of the easiest weapons to farm for, so anyone who messages me angry about can guide themselves to the nearest Menagerie queue and go get one too. In the end, people complaining about that probably never had to experience me 1v3 killing their whole team with Final Round Snipers...

But yeah easiest fix for the high impact fusions is to do a hard cap on range, anything over 40 meters is probably too much

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I would like to know how Tap the Trigger's benefits compare to Firmly Planted, the flavor text is similar and TTT doesn't require me to slide or be crouched. I have it on my main Erentil and it seems to work pretty well.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I would like to know how Tap the Trigger's benefits compare to Firmly Planted, the flavor text is similar and TTT doesn't require me to slide or be crouched. I have it on my main Erentil and it seems to work pretty well.

I feel like TTT gives you the tightened bolt spread on every trigger pull but doesn't give you the additional range that Firmly Planted does along with the tightened bolt spread.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »

I feel like TTT gives you the tightened bolt spread on every trigger pull but doesn't give you the additional range that Firmly Planted does along with the tightened bolt spread.

And, as per that video, range doesn't really matter as it's just shifting the distance at which you exceed the already-lethal damage floor. In other words, TTT is likely just as good, though I don't actually know the comparative stability adjustment provided.

• Options
    Backup Plan is absolutely ridiculous on Erentil/Rebuke

I don't think Erentil needs a damage nerf or to make it not hitscan, it's just performing in ranges where it never should. Damage dropoff on the bolts is important, and with perks like Backup Plan, Firmly Planted or Kill Clip absolutely breaks the game. In Destiny 1, because of how wild and unpredictable the bolt spread was made them pretty risky to use at middle ranges but sometimes effective. The need a little RNG to balance them, but these perks make the gun way easier to use even if you aren't compensating for the bolt spread downward.

I have other loadouts other than Erentil, but I'll admit it's just stupid easy to use. The range could easily be half and it would still be a top tier choice. Though I suspect any nerf will just result in total dominance of Mindbenders, so I don't see much of a point in killing it completely.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    The nerf is so that I can rock my double primary loadouts like Cerberus / Pulse and feel superior (rather than get murderated which is what happens when people are remotely prepared for it).

I think Erentil range is really the only thing that frustrates me. Plenty of times I just push too hard or get killed by an Erentil that is charged around a corner, and that feels fair/avoidable. But when you get mapped by an Erentil at damn near Scout range it's a real feel bad.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Backup Plan is absolutely ridiculous on Erentil/Rebuke

I don't think Erentil needs a damage nerf or to make it not hitscan, it's just performing in ranges where it never should. Damage dropoff on the bolts is important, and with perks like Backup Plan, Firmly Planted or Kill Clip absolutely breaks the game. In Destiny 1, because of how wild and unpredictable the bolt spread was made them pretty risky to use at middle ranges but sometimes effective. The need a little RNG to balance them, but these perks make the gun way easier to use even if you aren't compensating for the bolt spread downward.

I have other loadouts other than Erentil, but I'll admit it's just stupid easy to use. The range could easily be half and it would still be a top tier choice. Though I suspect any nerf will just result in total dominance of Mindbenders, so I don't see much of a point in killing it completely.

I don't think anyone would want the first two things to happen. It's always been all about range and bolt spread and how they interact. The range at which the bolts stay tight enough to consistently kill is the issue. If they started "blooming" out past a certain point (Like almost every other fusion that can't roll that perfect set of perks and stats) it wouldn't be an issue.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The guy in the video listed those as options for nerfs, but he said he didn't know the best option. Anyone can see it just needs a hard dropoff point for the bolts.

To be upfront, all these godroll and fun hunter shenanigans are kinda why I love Destiny. It's at it's heart a RPG, meaning dumping a lot into one or two stats is pretty fun. Same goes for guns, sometimes rolls come around that are stupid fun to use, but very clearly evident to be busted/broken or maybe even somehow bugged to be performing outside it's intended niche.

The issue is Bungie used to be a lot more aggressive to nerf things, which I think pissed a lot of people off and left D1 in a little bit of a weird place balance wise by the end. So with Forsaken on they have really taken a slower approach to doling out nerfs based on PvP behaviors. I can't be mad about HHSN because it's a fun build, and I'd rather have fun builds in PvP than hammer out all the flavor of the game in favor of balance. Erentil has had around a year of dominance, much like One Eyed Mask it'll be looked at before too long.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »

And, as per that video, range doesn't really matter as it's just shifting the distance at which you exceed the already-lethal damage floor. In other words, TTT is likely just as good, though I don't actually know the comparative stability adjustment provided.

TTT makes the gun consistent. Like super, hilariously consistent. Puts all of the bolts in a much tighter, much more predictable cone.

My main fusion is a under pressure/TTT erentil with a stability MW. I have over 1k tracked kills in pvp with it.

I also have:
    Wizened Rebuke with moving target/RF
    Elatha with firmly planted/backup plan
    Erentil with UP/BP

I’ve tried all of them in pvp, with the most recent being the elatha for the solar kills part of Luna’s, and none of them feel as good/consistent as the TTT erentil.

I fully think that a firmly planted/TTT with full range perks is the best possible fusion. Wizened can get really close to the same build, but it will be using a red dot sight rather than a full scope, and has 5 less possibly range than an identical erentil. Plus you can farm erentil. Galant charge also get TTT, but A) it doesn’t have any range/handling perks in column 3 and B) you’re stuck with short range holo sights. Stupid easy to farm though.

Backup plan definitely has a place, and if you’re one of those slidey-boy hunters that just slides every 2 seconds, a backup/firmly planted probably does work. But I prefer the consistency of TTT without having to worry about whether or not I’m crouching.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Catalase wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

Get a decent 150 for that 3 tap potential, esp if you're on PC. Console people seem to like Trust.

I’ve been trying a few different setups. My newest plan is to run a rapid hit/rampage Spare Rations with a Eriana’s Vow to try to force myself into the headshots. If I have something else equipped like fusion, I tend to rely on it too much and don’t even go for the headshot kills.

If that doesn’t work, I might fall back to my explosive payload trust, but it doesn’t feel as good to use as it did pre-SK. Feel like it needs too much to time to kill, and I lose a lot of duels to LH/NF. I also have a decent Waking Vigil I might try, or hell, could break out a Duke and try for cleanup kills.

Edit: I also have a god rolled Austringer and Service Revolver. Almost too many options.

ronzo on
  • Options
    The new old hotness is Old Fashioned baby

• Options
    Strangely, I feel I do worse with Backup Plan on Rebuke/Erentil. Even though it's faster, simply being a different than normal charge time messes up my brain

I've mostly used an Under Pressure / High Cal Reserves Rebuke with Stability MW. It does what I need it to do

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg