As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So what's the best way to level to 1000, as someone who has missed the last two weeks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er5a45PVC_Y

No idea how accurate this video actually is, but I feel like Fallout probably offers the best perspective.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    So what's the best way to level to 1000, as someone who has missed the last two weeks?

Do all the powerfuls you can. Swap to another character, dump a bunch of Vanguard/Crucible/Calus tokens for cheap armor, then get more powerfuls. And then do it again. If you get lucky with the spread of drops in the raid you can get a decent bump just from that.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

hyperbolic title aside, this is a pretty good guide to levelling up as fast as possible.

https://youtu.be/3NmAmvQK4mM

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Wait . . . you can get the power level up to 1k? That's insane. I'm sitting at, like, 957 or something and I've no clue you could get past 960, since everything I have at its highest is capped at that.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Wait . . . you can get the power level up to 1k? That's insane. I'm sitting at, like, 957 or something and I've no clue you could get past 960, since everything I have at its highest is capped at that.

It used to be capped there, now the cap is 1000. Have fun!

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

can get to 1010 with pinnacle rewards.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tips my guys. I was hoping to delve into Animal Crossing, but probably not until I get enough LL to not hate myself playing Trials

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

Eh, I'll get there at some point, maybe. I'm not exactly jazzed by this season's offerings from what I've read thus far, and specifically as someone not planning on paying for season passes or playing nigh-constantly from now on. It's more of a "hey, I think I'll sign in and do some stuff" game now instead of "the game" that I'll play.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I kinda hate the Legendary Lost Sectors. I know that light level will make them absolutely fine but they're just so stupid right now. The addition of healing enemies means that some of that high end content can't just be ground through. Hell, even when I went in loaded for the Barrier Champs it takes more than a full SMG clip to remove their barrier so it is pretty irrelevant. They really demand a fireteam which is kind of shitty.

Also, even with my lazy sorta play I filled out the EDZ bunker week 1. Not really sure where the content is this season.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Competitive also gives good early returns as you rank up for power.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    100k nightfall is brutal this week. I’m not doing it again on other characters.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I kinda hate the Legendary Lost Sectors. I know that light level will make them absolutely fine but they're just so stupid right now. The addition of healing enemies means that some of that high end content can't just be ground through. Hell, even when I went in loaded for the Barrier Champs it takes more than a full SMG clip to remove their barrier so it is pretty irrelevant. They really demand a fireteam which is kind of shitty.

Also, even with my lazy sorta play I filled out the EDZ bunker week 1. Not really sure where the content is this season.

SMGs are the absolute worst for Overload champs. Hand Cannon works really well (can get several stuns in a single magazine) and I hear Sidearms as well, but I haven't tested the latter personally.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

SMGs are the absolute worst for Overload champs. Hand Cannon works really well (can get several stuns in a single magazine) and I hear Sidearms as well, but I haven't tested the latter personally.

Yeah, I find overloads are dealable, the barriers are SMGs or Sidearms this season. That kind blows as far as options. I don't even think there are other options via abilities further up the artifact tree.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Yeah, I find overloads are dealable, the barriers are SMGs or Sidearms this season. That kind blows as far as options. I don't even think there are other options via abilities further up the artifact tree.

Ah, I find Anti-Barrier on SMG works fine. You don't need to fully bring their shield down to stop the healing, just damage it. So while you might not strip the shield with one mag of Recluse (although you can!), you have plenty of time to reload and finish the job without being punished.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Sidearm got me super killed to the Lost Sector overload guys. I don't have near 1000 LL though, so when I'm closer to parity, perhaps it's a good choice.

• Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular

Eriana's does work tbh

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    YerMum wrote: »
    Eriana's does work tbh

That's a good point.
    Sidearm got me super killed to the Lost Sector overload guys. I don't have near 1000 LL though, so when I'm closer to parity, perhaps it's a good choice.

I think that this is probably like 80% light level issues is part of why it is frustrating. Just feels like that annoying difficulty curve where stuff is either near impossible or irrelevant depending on your current light.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Damn you, Bungie!

I thought I had kicked the Destiny habit a few weeks ago but then there's a trailer that makes me want to play the new seasonal story at the very least. I know you make amazing trailers so I tamp down the urge to restart the game and move on with my life. But then you bring back the Four Horsemen shotgun! This was my favorite weapon in Destiny 1 and to this day I sill have joy filled memories of popping around a corner in crucible and just deleting enemies with that thing. How can I -not- log back in and finish this quest?! And once you get your hooks into me I'm probably going to play the seasonal content and maybe run a few rounds of Escalation Protocol and before you know it I'll be playing for 6 hours a day again.

Damn you, Bungie. Damn. You.

26904.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I was pretty sure the Legendary Lost Sectors were very explicitly supposed to be group content.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I was pretty sure the Legendary Lost Sectors were very explicitly supposed to be group content.

Yeah I did one with two other people for Horseman. What's the max?

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I don’t mind the lost sector. Under leveled it’s a pain but at 1000 it’s not bad. It does suck if you don’t get that first barrier champ down quickly and him and the boss camp together

Unstoppable champs are super easy. Just need to keep them stun locked as you murder ads. I use punchy Healy boy builds on hunter/Titan and devour +sin of n warlock and it makes short work of everything usually

616610-1.png
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    When it comes to clearing the legendary sectors I am at sub 10 minute clears now that I am ~1008, and to echo above sentiments. Barrier champs are the biggest pain in the asses, unstoppables I just stagger and then slice and dice with a sword.

Barriers I have found the quickest way to clear them is leave them for last, pop my shootable barrier, two or three tap in the head with a sniper, break barrier then finish off with a sword.

• Options
    Agreed with the above. The biggest issue soloing those Lost Sectors is that those fucking Barrier champs just start shooting you in the face while you are trying to melt them and then it resets the whole fight sometimes when they heal while you are dead.

• Options
    Are these new Lost Sectors, or just multi-player versions of old ones? Are they "have a fireteam of friends" multi or "public event" multi?

• Options

Are these new Lost Sectors, or just multi-player versions of old ones? Are they "have a fireteam of friends" multi or "public event" multi?

existing ones with the difficulty jacked up. recommended 1000 Power Level. they're available from the new Rasputin bunkers after you clear it out each day. so far its just in the EDZ, 3 on rotation, but more will be available as the other bunkers become available.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Have they fixed Gambit yet? (Or is that maybe what the upcoming maintenance today is about?)

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I've been playing a good chunk of gambit and gambit prime with no issues the past few days. May have been fixed last week?

• Options
    Aretè wrote: »
    I've been playing a good chunk of gambit and gambit prime with no issues the past few days. May have been fixed last week?

I heard someone mention issues last week but when I played over the weekend I never had any issues with anything.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

existing ones with the difficulty jacked up. recommended 1000 Power Level. they're available from the new Rasputin bunkers after you clear it out each day. so far its just in the EDZ, 3 on rotation, but more will be available as the other bunkers become available.

Yeah, Legendary Lost Sectors are just the normal Lost Sector, but everything inside is 1000 power, there are 4 champions in there that need the special mods to deal with, there's a few spots to summon a valkyrie/big boy bot to help you and there's an extra chest at the end like their is for the public event.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    I heard someone mention issues last week but when I played over the weekend I never had any issues with anything.

Oh, that's good. I got booted from 4 games in a row last week, and quit trying out of frustration.

• Options
    I'm back! Time to grind, I guess. If anyone's around I'm gonna grind Survival

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Welcome back sir now carry us to the Lighthouse.
    (For real though, glad the trip worked out)

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I've gotten booted from the first activity I tried each day for a while. Didn't seem local to Gambit (got booted from a Prime match) because I was also booted from the Tower and the EDZ.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Holy crap they were not kidding about Survival just dumping upgrades on you. I just got two +5 LL pieces for armor and another +4 for my primary, and everything else is a +2 now thanks to dumping Shaxx tokens.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Training with hand cannons has unintentionally improved my knife game. I’ll take that.

• Options
    Bungie... Hard Light.. why

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Bungie... Hard Light.. why

Oh yeah, welcome to the AR/Hard Light meta

• Options
    ARs in general I can handle, Hard Light killing around corners randomly is the kind of thing that's annoying enough to huck my controller across the room

And I don't wanna conform but it certainly seems like not choosing Hard Light or Suros is gonna put you at a disadvantage in Trials, kinda lame my loadout is being decided for me

• Options
    ARs in general I can handle, Hard Light killing around corners randomly is the kind of thing that's annoying enough to huck my controller across the room

And I don't wanna conform but it certainly seems like not choosing Hard Light or Suros is gonna put you at a disadvantage in Trials, kinda lame my loadout is being decided for me

it just wouldn't be Destiny without Bungie telling us how to play the game.

• Options
    The basic problem imo (and I've seen this elsewhere a bunch too) is that Hard Light has been balanced all along around it's screenshake. And then they fixed that. But didn't change anything else about the gun. And then they buffed ARs too.