As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Why is Rose clicking with me so well versus the Sunshot I spent all morning grinding the catalyst on?

@Local H Jay There are still a lot of snipers and hand cannons. But Recluse has been thrown in the trash where it belongs. :P

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I was having a lot of success with Bygones/Erentil, Hard Light just absolutely shreds at range it just isn't fun up close or from afar. And Arbalest/Recluse is still really fun. Idk it's not all bad, sometimes there's only two Hard Lights and not three so y'know, silver lining

Either make Hard Light require special ammo or give it a hard range fall-off. I can handle it shredding up close but when pulses are getting ranged out it hurts.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I think the worst part of Hard Light is richochet damage being more powerful, not less. I can run or hide from other weapons, but Hard Light is Liam Neesons and will find you when you should be safe.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    Hard Light hasn’t bothered me so much since it’s like “Hey, I’m shooting the wall hoping I hit someone” half the time.But things being more compact, so it’s fun to work around that.

And fuck it, I’m masterworking this Rose I got from the Vault and sticking with Ophidia Spate this weekend.

• Options
    Them bringing back Anomaly with it's tiny ass corridors and then I'm just getting ricochet spammed as I try to back off like oof

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    TWAB is pretty ho-hum, but it does clarify that the Flawless Seal (Trials) isn't actually exclusive to this season, just that each component needs to be achieved within a single season. If you miss one, they apparently all reset the next season.

• Options
    On the one hand thank christ it isn't exclusive, on the other it not carrying over is still painful as this season will be easiest as players drop out.

But at least a bit less stressful than it would otherwise be.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    My main issue with Hard Light is that it sounds dumb and thanks to the ricochet nobody ever stops firing it.

Need a sound mod for ARs or something.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Buffing the lowest skill floor weapons was always going to be a mistake, especially when there is a standout gun like Hard Light that just had it's single biggest weakness taken away from it before benefiting from the other changes.
    Suros is also disgusting and honestly is probably better than Hard Light but it's not quite the all around workhorse so I think it will see a bit less play from scrubs looking to be carried by their loadouts.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I was having a lot of success with Bygones/Erentil, Hard Light just absolutely shreds at range it just isn't fun up close or from afar. And Arbalest/Recluse is still really fun. Idk it's not all bad, sometimes there's only two Hard Lights and not three so y'know, silver lining

Either make Hard Light require special ammo or give it a hard range fall-off. I can handle it shredding up close but when pulses are getting ranged out it hurts.

I think expecting decent balance from Bungie is just an impossibility at this point.

I mean, they've sort of balanced themselves into a corner. Bungie has reduced the effective range of all primaries over time. Ergo, if a weapon completely ignores this trend (Hard Light) it stands out. I agree Hard Light needs a fix. Its should either bounce rounds or have no fall off. Not both.

But then it would join the pile of worthless exotics for pve, of which there are so many. Maybe that's a greater philosophical balance discussion in of itself.

It's like Revoker. Any weapon that greatly disrupts a mechanic can be a problem. In this case revoker really overturns the special ammo economy. In comp play that's a huge deal.

In the end, I still saw plenty of HC/sniper folks in crucible and comp just clean the fuck up. They're harder to use then autos but also more decisive. A three tap from spare rations defeated my suros and hard light every time. As it should.

So my round about way of agreeing with you is that autos *finally* being viable has just devastated a large catalog of scouts and pulses (but not all).

But based on the recent TWAB bungie only has a skeleton crew working on this game. The fact that rehashing trials weapons took the resources that making ritual weapons needed is just fucking embarrassing. Meanwhile eververse grows. destiny is the cash cow funding their future games and I'm being taken for a ride.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    When you think about the fact that with mid season event stuff there’s actually two sets of Eververse loot, too..

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    I'm not mad that ARs have finally come around to roost, that's cool. It's just HL in particular that needs addressing. A spun Suros was also wiping me up, but I imagine it actually takes some thought to use.

And again another case for balancing PvP and PvE gun behaviors seperately. In PvE dmg fall-off should be a lot more forgiving, but in PvP I think there's a pretty obvious intended range for most guns, and guns that ignore that just feel scummy. I'm complaining just because you can tell what the lastest flavor of the season is right away with full stack teams all using it. I should just suck it up and become one of them because hey, can't beat em join em right? But I've never liked Hard Light but as is now it's a essentially a Trace Rifle that doesn't need Special ammo

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I played a bunch of destiny for the first time in months and it was fun. I Sherpa’d last wish with a real life friend, it’s still a really good raid. She got to dunk the heart so I think she had a good time too.

As for worthy PVE: Being massively under leveled for a lost sector made for an interesting fight and the new public event is challenging while you’re under leveled

Having done one lost sector and one public event I think I’m done with the singleplayer content for this season. Full MMO destiny is not really for me.

I think we can all agree that the best thing about the season is the heavy frame.

Worthy PVP: I played one game of comp with a friend and the autorifle meta seems good.

I wanna do Trials but have no desire to grind to 1000

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    The grind isn't too bad if you can stomach Comp, Freelance is still pretty good all things considered

I'd definitely rather just jump into Trials tho

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I actually enjoy freelance comp!

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Ugh Made Shaxx Proud. Damn you Bungie, I just got an Annihilation medal after I went off with Golden Gun.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Got Outbreak Perfected. Guess I have no excuse not to go for Whisper now.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Randomly get the new hunter exotic from a comp game, Raiju's whatever, looks pretty cool. Oh wait, I can't equip because it launched broken? Ok, infusion fodder it is. Tasty 970 anyways, always love those +5s

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I'm not mad that ARs have finally come around to roost, that's cool. It's just HL in particular that needs addressing. A spun Suros was also wiping me up, but I imagine it actually takes some thought to use.

And again another case for balancing PvP and PvE gun behaviors seperately. In PvE dmg fall-off should be a lot more forgiving, but in PvP I think there's a pretty obvious intended range for most guns, and guns that ignore that just feel scummy. I'm complaining just because you can tell what the lastest flavor of the season is right away with full stack teams all using it. I should just suck it up and become one of them because hey, can't beat em join em right? But I've never liked Hard Light but as is now it's a essentially a Trace Rifle that doesn't need Special ammo

I definitely agree with you, but if bungie doesnt fix bugs or do balance passes outside of new seasons we're kind of screwed.

I will say I'm salty that autos have completely invalidated Randy's. I had to get 10 scout kills for a Raspberryputin bounty so I pulled out randys which is normally quite good.

Holy shit. I lost every autorifle duel. I had to get the first two shots in unanswered before I could come out on top without trading.

I should try my auto explosive round scout from the sundial. It may knock out their aim enough to be better.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Yeah, but if the explosion is the kill dmg, you don't get scout credit.

• Options

I definitely agree with you, but if bungie doesnt fix bugs or do balance passes outside of new seasons we're kind of screwed.

I will say I'm salty that autos have completely invalidated Randy's. I had to get 10 scout kills for a Raspberryputin bounty so I pulled out randys which is normally quite good.

Holy shit. I lost every autorifle duel. I had to get the first two shots in unanswered before I could come out on top without trading.

I should try my auto explosive round scout from the sundial. It may knock out their aim enough to be better.

Yeah, I have no problem with Season of the Auto Rifle, as long as you treat it that way. Randy's is actually the Scout I can still use to win fights for that bounty (laughing at you, The Scholar), but I'm definitely still feeling that many Pulses are going to struggle this season. Guess it's time to just reframe the mind a bit.

I've been messing around a bit with Ashen Wake after the buff. And yeah, it can be a good amount of fun to just single shot someone with a sidearm/hand cannon, then throw a grenade that kills them and gives you back your grenade. I'm gonna try it a bit in Trials, but I worry against truly aggro/solid players, it may not work (and light advantage will probably ruin it as well). But for other modes it can be a good time.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I've been doing real good with my Patron of Lost Causes with Rapid Hit/Explosive Rounds. Feels so damn nice.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Also, everyone should 100% grab a new Seraph weapon and just slap any old Warmind Cell mod into their armour and run around doing some PvE. That shit is fucking BANANAS. I just threw in the cheapest simplest one (Global Reach, apparently extends the range) and everytime you blow up the ball it's like setting off a nuke.

I think it definitely exposes the issues with how the seasonal mod thing is working though. Because both this season and last season have had like genuinely cool and interesting mechanics with the seasonal mods but it's buried behind enough stuff (the Armour 2.0 system specifically) that most people never really try it. I think, as plenty of people have already suggested, that some of what is going on with the seemingly lackluster weapons this season are in part about balancing out their ability to generate warmind cells. (Some of it's just also that the perk system is not fixable till you start rotating weapons out imo)

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm starting to enjoy other people's hard light spam because while they're spraying like an idiot a: I know exactly where they are and b: they're standing still. There are lots of ways to kill someone who's standing still when you know exactly where they are.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Got Outbreak Perfected. Guess I have no excuse not to go for Whisper now.

I'll go for Whisper myself when the platforming's just as bugged as the enemies right now.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    When does the next bunker unlock ?

I have the EDZ one fully upgraded, so I’m just grinding bits now, to get a head start.

Also, my main character is 983. Soon, I’ll be able to solo that bloody Lost Sector, for another reward.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

I have the EDZ one fully upgraded, so I’m just grinding bits now, to get a head start.

Also, my main character is 983. Soon, I’ll be able to solo that bloody Lost Sector, for another reward.

Three weekly resets from now, in April.

Feels really surprising there.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm starting to enjoy other people's hard light spam because while they're spraying like an idiot a: I know exactly where they are and b: they're standing still. There are lots of ways to kill someone who's standing still when you know exactly where they are.

. . . why are people standing still while firing Hard Light?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    on one hand dang thats far away on the other hand thats enough time to have enough bits and bobs stored up to probably take it close to max.

now if they would fix the issue with the bunker mats only being 1 or 2 lousy dusklight shards that would be great.

oop just the next week in destiny popup with the daily reset and looks like moon bunker goes live tuesday

Aretè on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Three weekly resets from now, in April.

Feels really surprising there.

the next bunker is on Tuesday. the final bunker is in April.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

. . . why are people standing still while firing Hard Light?

It’s kind of absurd, I saw it a lot last night. That, or they are firing blindly as they go through door wars hoping a ricochet hits.

I had a lot of fun with Hard Light in my matches but I think I’m gonna give Monte Carlo a spin since it dropped for me yesterday.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna team up later tonight on the XB1 for some Legendary Lost Sector clears? I could use them to finally complete that one weekly bounty of Rasputin's now that I'm strong enough to help clear a Seraph Tower event for the other one.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Trials is on Anomaly, so Hard Light is gonna be in full force again.
    Gear available (got to at least get them arms):

3 Wins (Powerful): Shotgun (Astral Horizon)

5 Wins (Powerful): Auto (Summoner)

7 Wins (Pinnacle): Arms

Flawless (Pinnacle): Chest

Edit: uh oh Monkey's paw would suck to not get your rewards and invalidate your chance to win shit:
    "Bungie Help
    @BungieHelp
    We are investigating an issue where some players are not receiving powerful rewards from their 3rd, 5th, or 7th Trials of Osiris win."

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    We got three and five without any issue earlier. My shotgun is bad but my auto is decent, moving Target/elemental capacitor.

• Options
    Roller coaster of a day in trials, we got to 5-0 with a loss eaten on Mercy, but my roommate thought I wasn't home and restarted the router on game 6 -_-

I tilted hard the last few games, just general fuckiness with revives and connections I'm sure. I'm down for more later but Lord help me I don't know what to use this meta. I was finding some success with Telesto but it's somewhat inconsistent, some more latency laden enemies seem to be fine sliding right through my ground Telesto traps and just bulldog me when I expect them to atleast take 50% dmg. I eventually settled on Mountaintop because one guy brutalized us with one, but yeah Anomaly + Hard Light is ... Something... I don't even call out Hard Light anymore, we just call out "spam." Like, "I killed a guy but his friend is there SPAM SPAM SPAM" means leave now they are just tossing bullets down the hallway

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    What are my options for pinnacle rewards as a solo boi?

I did the edz bunker rank 7 but that’s about all I can handle

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    What are my options for pinnacle rewards as a solo boi?

I did the edz bunker rank 7 but that’s about all I can handle

Well for now, Iron Banner and Pit of Heresy would be your other solo-able pinnacles. Sometime midseason with 2.8.1, some currently Powerful rewards will be upgraded to Pinnacle: weekly Crucible, Strike, and Gambit challenges.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Pit boss is rouuuugh. So long and one mistake it’s over! And the part where you have to dunk the orbs and stand under the totem... goo

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Iron Banner all the way.

I know the samurai-ish armor is a reprint but I’m excited to get it as a New alight.

• Options
    Guys it's my birthday so, legally I have to go flawless today. I'm invested enough to buy myself a new controller, should I smash this one in a blind rage.