As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Io is the last planet, was on about 63% last time I checked the quest progress.

Am I right in thinking that if it fails, we still get the next step of the quest unlocked on
    Tuesday ?

If so, is the only ‘reward’ for completing it that the quest would unlock a few days early ?

Bungie really seemed overly optimistic on how many people were willing to do this event.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    It won't fail, it's at 70% now. It'll be done tonight sometime.

edit: my bad, 74%

Nosf on
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    It won't fail, it's at 70% now. It'll be done tonight sometime.

edit: my bad, 74%

Don’t forget the 10x boost ends soon, it’ll be back to 5% later today.

Be hilarious if it got to 98% then the event ended.

3 weeks to the new Season, we should start seeing info soon, right ?

2 more weeks, then it’s time to start stockpiling completed bounties again...

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Presumably the 10x bonus will continue for another 15 hours or so until the Monday PST reset. If it was going to stop before then, it would have stopped about 9 hours ago.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    IO event with vex kinda sucks ass compared to the Fallen on the moon.

Vex are fine. Their beefy teleporter bounces about a bit but they're generally good at staying still long enough to be shot at. And their shield-guy only does it to themselves and can be shot through with an Anti-Barrier mod. Not so with Fallen Captains and Servitors respectively. It's part of why any Legendary Lost Sector with Fallen tend to suck hard because their abilities are cranked up to 11 to make it harder. That and the Captains tend to have Overdrive on and Servitors Barrier.

Yeah, the teleporting Fallen bosses made doing the perfect PE triumph on the Moon basically impossible this week. Had to do it on the EDZ instead.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Yikes, only 3 weeks until the end of the season? I guess I should finish doing the stupid bunkers then. Because grinding bounties is "fun" right?

Here is a question - for those of use without a regular group, what's the current best way to find folks to play with? I am missing like five things for the Wayfarer title, at least one of which is a Nightfall specific drop. There's just simply no way I can solo a Nightfall and those don't have matchmaking. I tried the bungie app but that seems to just be a bunch of people offering carries for cash (which is ludicrous to me).

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    Yikes, only 3 weeks until the end of the season? I guess I should finish doing the stupid bunkers then. Because grinding bounties is "fun" right?

Here is a question - for those of use without a regular group, what's the current best way to find folks to play with? I am missing like five things for the Wayfarer title, at least one of which is a Nightfall specific drop. There's just simply no way I can solo a Nightfall and those don't have matchmaking. I tried the bungie app but that seems to just be a bunch of people offering carries for cash (which is ludicrous to me).

What platform are you on?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Picked up the game for the first time in several weeks to avoid missing the IB bow. I skipped round 2 of IB and left the quest on the SMG step. That was 2 rounds, Fusion was... 2 or 3 rounds? (Loaded Question is great in any mode it turns out), and then came showtime with Point of the Stag.

It's super awesome, I had a really superb round with it. Cleared the 10 kills easy and just kept going. We'll see if I can muster the effort to finish off my season pass, I'm at 69 now (noice).

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Towers completed while I was in the middle of a failing tower to do my small part.
    Oh well, we press on now!

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Nightfalls do have matchmaking now for the low level versions of The Ordeal

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I better be headed to old Russia right now with a quest name like this.

edit: boo.

Nosf on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Crucible is all shotguns.
    People gonna be salty.

Oh god invisible jumping hunters and Anteus is all there is now, we've entered the danger zone.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Close enough, what with it being at Felwinter's Peak.
    Yep, looks like the Iron Lords were killed just because of Rasputin was laying a trap for Felwinter. Dang. No one tell Saladin.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

True, but the "nightfall" nightfalls are not part of the ordeal. The weapon needed for the Wayfarer title is the Braytech Osprey which only drops in Strange Terrain and is (was?) on the list of normal non-matchmade nightfalls over the weekend. I'm not sure if that list rotates daily or weekly. I don't think nightfall specific loot is included in the Ordeal, at least not at the matchmade levels.

I normally play on PS4 but I also have the New Light free PC version. I'm not sure if that includes the Mars strikes/nightfalls.

26904.png
  • Options
    21% !

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Quick heads-up: it seems the location you're supposed to go to after the Shotgun part of The Lie is bugged at the moment.

• Options
    Ha, I can't believe people are done that already, made it to 33% and called it a night.

• Options
    Ha, I can't believe people are done that already, made it to 33% and called it a night.

I have like 5 catalysts I needed to farm anyways so.......Shuro Chi checkpoint where you can just pop rally banners over and over. Working on Lord of Wolves, then 4th horseman, then I'll switch to a kinetic shotty so I can work on Sunshot and Symmetry once the special ammo runs out

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I got the Fourth Horseman catalyst while doing an Io rasputin tower, so that plus The Lie means I know what shotgun I'll be using

• Options
    Apparently the next step is either bugged or timegated, you go to a place and when you try to load into a mission area, it sends you back outside to the planet load in spot.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Is it bugged for everyone, or just some people?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    It seems like even Bungie doesn't know, so far.

• Options
    Late Sunday evening is pretty much the worst possible time to discover a bug like this.

Also, I fully realize how complex game development and programming is, but what the hell is bungie doing over there play testing wise?

How bad are the bugs that aren't making it to release?

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Between the meh ness of this seasons content, the trials backlash, cheaters, beavers, the initial quest step backlash, and the sun setting announcement....

And this content was made before Covid. I’m not sure I want to see what we get when the stuff they’re working on now eventually launches

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options

True, but the "nightfall" nightfalls are not part of the ordeal. The weapon needed for the Wayfarer title is the Braytech Osprey which only drops in Strange Terrain and is (was?) on the list of normal non-matchmade nightfalls over the weekend. I'm not sure if that list rotates daily or weekly. I don't think nightfall specific loot is included in the Ordeal, at least not at the matchmade levels.

I normally play on PS4 but I also have the New Light free PC version. I'm not sure if that includes the Mars strikes/nightfalls.

Nightfall specific loot absolutely drops in The Ordeal. So if Strange Terrain is the NF Ordeal, you can just run that till it drops.

I'm not sure where PS people do random groups but there should be someplace for it and when Strange Terrain is a normal (ie - useless) NF you will probably be able to find some people wanting to farm that stupid fucking rocket launcher. It took me like ~25 runs.

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Man, did they test this quest at all? Seems like almost everyone has the bug. Same with the hard version of the Seraph Towers, with less than 6 players it's extremely difficult, and there's no matchmaking.

I did 4 completions on each planet, and did manage to get Hardcoded Victory on Io, with 5 other people using nuke supers and burst damage weapons with a smattering of cells. I ended up being most effective with cell armor/Transversive/Nova Bomb/Seraph auto/Loaded Question/Sword. Key was everyone actively throwing balls, and especially focusing on one tower to throw at instead of using them on the closest tower.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    What's the bug? I logged on for the first time in a while last night, picked up The Lie, completed the Lie, went to the Crucible map where the next part is, found the 3 doodads, then just logged off. Is it after that?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    The next step directs you to a mission that starts at the Moon bunker, but instead of taking you inside, the mission drops you at Eris.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    A far as bugs go, not launching a mission seems like one that even cursory playtesting should pick up.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Catalase wrote: »
    A far as bugs go, not launching a mission seems like one that even cursory playtesting should pick up.

That assumes the bug happened during testing.

• Options
    Well, I grinded the shotgun kills, now I have the bug.

Hopefully it’ll be fixed for tomorrow’s reset.

Taking a break now.

• Options
    Got the bug; womp womp. Wow, it seems to totally hose the moon bunker.

Picked up Warden's Law MW this week from an ordeal.

• Options
    So this is weird.

If you get the error, but then go back to the bunker, in no longer lets you try to open the door, the icon is gone.

So it looks like the game thinks you have gone to a new area, but you’ve actually been sent back to the starter area.

Odd.

• Options
    According to dmg, they are having trouble reproducing the bug internally. Wut.

• Options
    Well, at least that can explain why it was missed. Would theoretically indicate server rather than client issue, which at least means not a client patch, but speculation etc. Wondering if it's a case of service node communications not synching up on Production like they do on test environments. Then again, that's why you have a test mirror of Production.

I'd love to see the postmortem, but expect they wouldn't publish it.

• Options
    Yeah, given the severity of the bug, the fact that it slipped through means it's not surprising that it's a pain in the ass to reproduce and track down.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

They need to get their 9 million seraph tower events done, give them time.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

They need to get their 9 million seraph tower events done, give them time.

That part’s already done !

They’re probably working on the 1000 fucking shotguns kills.

• Options
    Triple shotgun and EP on Mars knocked out 1000 kills pretty quick.