As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Triple shotgun and EP on Mars knocked out 1000 kills pretty quick.

I went double shotgun, a few EPs, some time on the Moon doing the Well stuff, and finished with some events.

I basically did one thing until I got bored then moved on.

This new shotgun better be spectacular after all this crap, though.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

I went double shotgun, a few EPs, some time on the Moon doing the Well stuff, and finished with some events.

Felwinter’s Lie is basically a perfectly rolled Mindbenders/Astral Horizon.

Shot Package, Full Choke, Accurized Rounds, and then your choice of slideshot/QuickDraw and opening shot/Vorpal with a ranged masterwork.

It has slightly lower range than a god rolled MB or AH, but shot package will likely make up for it.

So basically, this is a pinnacle weapon that will likely perform better than most of the other pinnacles they’ve ever released.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    ronzo wrote: »

Shot Package, Full Choke, Accurized Rounds, and then your choice of slideshot/QuickDraw and opening shot/Vorpal with a ranged masterwork.

It has slightly lower range than a god rolled MB or AH, but shot package will likely make up for it.

So basically, this is a pinnacle weapon that will likely perform better than most of the other pinnacles they’ve ever released.

Sounds like a weird timing to release a gun like that just after stating that they will retire a ton of guns because too many of them are too good and have to go away because of powercreep.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Sounds like a weird timing to release a gun like that just after stating that they will retire a ton of guns because too many of them are too good and have to go away because of powercreep.

Why? It'll last a year and then die. Which is the point.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    No flawless this week, but got to 7 and the cloak with Jay+Booker, and 2 post-7 wins. Now I just need an easy map next week for confidence.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Ooof I need to at least get 1 card in this week so I try to get the Mark or I will have a sad. And since the quest is broke, I guess there is no need to get shotty kills right now.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »

Why? It'll last a year and then die. Which is the point.

I also wondered if that was why they made it not exotic. Then it will die even if it is the scourge I want/fear it will be.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    ncZKsXRh.png

Someone put together a list of what guns will be still viable for endgame 'LL matters' content once Season 12 hits. Click on the pic for a better look.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    That's part of what's annoying about this, I was so bogged down by Vex weapons I didn't bother grinding many Sundial guns but looky there one of the only autos left is Steelfeather which I didn't really get many of, maybe one or two in my bank if I'm lucky. I have one or two of most of the Sundial guns compared to like, 3-4 of each the VO guns. Idk interesting stuff but it's gonna be a sad day I trash some of these godrolls I never got around to trying.

Those GL and MG sections are so sad

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    There’s also only 1 LFR with random rolls. At least the GL can roll a good set of perks

• Options
    The list is so small because it's only 2 seasons. By the time it actually becomes an issue we'll have next season's weapons and the fall expansion ones too.

• Options
    The list is so small because it's only 2 seasons. By the time it actually becomes an issue we'll have next season's weapons and the fall expansion ones too.

I get it, but what do we do with the guns we have? Mass dump? That's pretty sucky. Again an instance where collections could and should probably be able to catalog our rolls, even if it's just a Y2 or Y3 version (because why should Bungie care if we can pull it again if it's never gonna be max light anyways). Like Jesus Christ they just invalidated years of collecting. "Become Legend... Until that Legend is too Legendary, them we take most of your Legendary spoils away"

• Options

I get it, but what do we do with the guns we have? Mass dump? That's pretty sucky. Again an instance where collections could and should probably be able to catalog our rolls, even if it's just a Y2 or Y3 version (because why should Bungie care if we can pull it again if it's never gonna be max light anyways). Like Jesus Christ they just invalidated years of collecting. "Become Legend... Until that Legend is too Legendary, them we take most of your Legendary spoils away"

I do honestly wonder if there's some sort of storage space issue with letting us save rolls in the collection. Because just letting us save a single roll of a weapon in collections would both massively clear up inventory clutter and be really useful and still entail the players making actual choices about which rolls are best.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

The unfortunate consequence of any MMOish game that has loot is eventually you have to move past it to the new stuff. Destiny makes this hurt more because they are a fantastic first person shooter which means that those mechanics are always going to fight with the MMO side of things that requires that constant forward momentum. Save the rolls you love for fucking around in most strikes, open world stuff and non light based PvP. The rest of em...just gotta let it go. That treadmill of earning a piece of gear and only getting to "enjoy" it for a limited time isn't a new concept - just one they have been resistant to apply to Destiny...when in truth they probably needed to for the health of the game no matter how much it can hurt. Plus its just nice seeing and playing with new things. Its hard to get excited about a new handcannon when I have my Austringer, or Spare Rations or, or, or.

Just my personal mindset and take - but I'll be getting some quality rolls of the new weapons as they come out and I'll be good. If I happen to get a "god roll" in my playing, cool. If not, no big deal its going to cycle out. It's a futile effort to try and make people get a roll that becomes "theirs" like they talk about, but I won't blame them for trying if it keeps loot fresh.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I hope they drop the champions mechanic after this year, or find a way to do them that lets exotics be more useful.

Mainly because I foresee leaning heavily on exotics in lieu of our current pinnacles and godrolls.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I think champions are a fucking nuisance and I'll be glad to see the end of them.

• Options
    And as an example of how divergent the player base is, I love champions and think they are the only fresh thing put into Strikes in forever and make the Ordeal a fun thing to run. Negotiating build loadouts and determining how to handle multi-champion spawns, and planning encounters and stuff is what makes the Ordeal an interesting gameplay challenge compared to regular Nightfall and Strike content. And given how infrequent a lot of people seem to want to actually run Strike content, it seems like either the rewards or the gameplay was lacking (spoiler - probably both).

I think the aggravation for people comes from the sense that Ordeal is where you have the best chance at exotic/upgrade material loot, and people don't want to play those modes for those rewards. But on the other hand, if you aren't doing top-end play, why do you need top-end armor/gear anyway?

(Because of PVP? Oh yes, absolutely, and every Valor reset should have an Ascendant Shard, we all know that, c'mon Bungo).

• Options
    I don’t mind the champions themselves, I actually agree that they add some much needed difficulty to most thing they are in since you can’t just blow past their damage gates most of the time.

What I hate is the season long restrictions on loadouts because I can’t rely/trust other people in matchmade content.

If the weekly ordeal was something like:
    Champions Barrier Scout
    Champions Unstoppable Rocket Launcher

where every weapon in that catagory automatically got that modifier, that would be a much more interesting, and less stale system.

Because right now my loadouts for hitting all 3 types while still getting to use a special weapon period are pretty limited.

And also having to pick between more interesting seasonal abilities and more “basic necessities” anti-barrier/overload/stuns perks on the artifact fucking blows. Especially with respecs costing a fuckload of glimmer.

• Options
    Actually, I have further beef with the champion mods and the artifact:
    Why do some perks give two types for 1 perk (overload on autos+smg) and other are split (anti barrier on sidearms, smg).

There should be 1 perk for all weapons for each type of disruption. Which is also still stupid, because since they’re required to do the seasonal content, you should just be given those as you rank up the artifact for “free”. Just shrink the tree, have it all be fun/flavor/glimmer stuff and at each unlock tier you get the anti-whatever perks for a whole set of weapons.

• Options
    Champions are a decent idea that needs more work. It feels like a result of them realising the combat system for PvE is ultimately fairly limited in depth but the champion system is more of a band-aid then the kind of fundamental change we need.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I don't mind Champions eating a mod slot and being a nuisance. I do mind being like "I'm going to use Thorn to make it drop lore cards... oh Thorn is useless for Champions. Guess I'll use Eriana's Vow for the 30,000th time." Bringing an exotic weapon that can't help with Champions at all is kind of announcing your intention to be selfish to your fireteam.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Personally, I dislike the Champions because it limits my playstyle options. Playing on a console means that I'm likely not going to be switching out my loadout mid-strike because I have to wait 10-15 seconds for the blasted character screen to open. I'm pretty much forced to use weapon types X and Y that deals with Champion Types X and Y. And if I only have a crappy version of that weapon, I'm still forced to use it anyway because not taking that would be even more of a handicap fighting that Champion, and losing 0.4 seconds per trash mob is less annoying than stopping for 30 seconds at every champion.

26904.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Champions feel annoying and erratic solo. In groups it's generally whatever; they get plowed into the dirt. I've been slogging through the legendary lost sectors and find that sometimes overload or unstoppable champs just seem to do whatever the fuck they want. I can plow AR rounds into an overload champ, and it will stun but then a moment later, it's full health. What just happened? I guess once I realized that you can just rush the final boss, super burn it and then open the chest and despawn everything, it became...tolerable? Facing two barrier colossus is just aggravating.

They do need to do something to shake up combat some, adding the pyramid enemies whatever they might be, hopefully does that.

Nosf on
  • Options
    I enjoy the champion mechanic. What I don’t enjoy is that I now keep weapons I usually won’t use in the vault, just in case they’re useful in the upcoming season for champions, because I never know what combination of weapon types and shield breaks I’ll want to run in a nightfall in season 11, 12, etc.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    It's kinda fascinating by the way how most of the ire is over the weapon-loss when armor's facing the same sunsetting. I assume it's in part due to the transmog feature coming in, despite us not knowing what the costs are for it yet.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm fine with the weapon retiring, but the armor retiring is baffling

• Options
    edited May 2020
    It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the reason armor is going too is that whatever system they are hooking into to delineate by season can't be separated into weapons and armor, its just all equipables in that season.

That doesn't mesh with the raids being exempt though

edit: Is raid armor from LW and GoS being exempted as well?

ronzo on
  • Options
    I'm pissed about both, esp as a PvP player where there really hasn't been a good source for 65+ drops in anything other than IB, and IB has only had two seasons in my experience that consistently dropped good loot; the first IB of Shadowkeep and these most recent ones. It's like Bungie suddenly realized early on it was easy to farm good armor in IB with tokens so they nerfed it, only to just now realize again it was the only good PvP armor source.

• Options
    It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the reason armor is going too is that whatever system they are hooking into to delineate by season can't be separated into weapons and armor, its just all equipables in that season.

Yes.
    Weapons and armor from the Last Wish and Garden of Salvation raids, will be granted exceptions and will have a higher Max Power Level”

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Beat Iron Banner season 10. It's me, I won at it. Too bad I lost all my momentum this season, this could have been the one for 5 Valor resets. Instead, I don't know that I'll make 3 of them...

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

Yes.
    Weapons and armor from the Last Wish and Garden of Salvation raids, will be granted exceptions and will have a higher Max Power Level”

So it might be worth it to invest in a set of armor from those raids for PVP, just to always have something that can hit the max infusion cap

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

Yes.

So it might be worth it to invest in a set of armor from those raids for PVP, just to always have something that can hit the max infusion cap

I’ve already started running them 3x a week to get future-proof high stat armor. But also, why? I’d rather they just let me keep my other armor that I already masterworked.

It’s a hassle.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Pity the poor PvP players that have to schedule a couple hours with 5 other humans every week to have a chance at the items they needs to be competitive.

Normally I give no fucks about the PvP portion but even I gotta admit that is super shitty.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I think the primary reason they are sunsetting Armor is to get rid of the mods they already have in place. Things like Barrier/Armaments from Y2 are huge (although Last Wish is still there, soooo), and maybe that's part of their method to make the next Raid challenging.

Similarly, Dawn and Worthy mods are also potent. Powerful Friends is super good, and some of the Warmind Cell stuff can be good if the team is geared for it.

So to a certain extent, I think it's partially "hey we've started sunsetting, let's just jump right in," but it also lets them remove some choice options in mods where otherwise choice is less real.

(then again, those mods are awesomely fun so likely inspire anger)

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Become (Temporarily) Legend.

Not a fan of this direction at all.

I’d much rather have an actual D3 reset than this temporal season nonsense, low effort content and timed obsolescence.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Last Wish armor can slot both Taken and Fallen mods, and Garden of Salvation armor can slot the Hive/Leviathan mods, so that means every current armor mod will still be useable at the beginning of year 4, which is where the majority of year 4 content will be introduced.

It seems like armor sunsetting won't actually accomplish anything major until year 5. Other than really annoy people who collected the other functionally identical armor from those previous seasons.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    Last Wish armor can slot both Taken and Fallen mods, and Garden of Salvation armor can slot the Hive/Leviathan mods, so that means every current armor mod will still be useable at the beginning of year 4, which is where the majority of year 4 content will be introduced.

It seems like armor sunsetting won't actually accomplish anything major until year 5. Other than really annoy people who collected the other functionally identical armor from those previous seasons.

Yeah, I misread the update to Armor to indicate they'd also retrofit all Y3 armor to have the new "yearly' armor mod slot, so Garden would lose access to the Hive ones. But yeah, sunsetting already is a yearly plan, so there is some advantage to phasing it out, even on a long timeline. But I also think it's been thought through less than weapons.

I will also admit I'm more comfortable with Weapon sunsetting than Armor, even as someone who is pro-sunsetting. I'm more worried about armor being rougher rebalance, but we'll see how that plays out.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    For something more exciting to talk about, you can go out-of-bounds on the Vostok mission of The Lie quest. You can climb all the way to the top of the mountain, or go back down and hang out on the lifts.

KTGeks7.png
    0yvRInZ.png

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Is the armor from last wish going to be part of the "base set" like the weapons are and be immune to sunsetting?

Because if that is the case, then the armor from there and Garden always having those mods available would be nice.