As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Have you used the katana?? It's basically a shitty sword that doesn't have uppercut. It has shorter range than a normal sword!

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    They're still punishing us for all the Sunsinger Self-Res chicanery from D1

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Have you used the katana?? It's basically a shitty sword that doesn't have uppercut. It has shorter range than a normal sword!

Lightweight though! And I hear that goldtusk is secretly a really good dps option because of how fast it swings.
    Peen wrote: »
    It's not weird, Bungie hates Warlocks.
    I kid, I kid.
    I don't kid.

I know, I just wish it wasn't so obvious sometimes.

• Options
    I think Warlocks have a victim complex

Here I'll give you my shitty ninja sword for Blink back

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I think Warlocks have a victim complex

Here I'll give you my shitty ninja sword for Blink back

Ok it's here in this spoiler:
    ZpkhYuI.gif

Also I've gotten into a lot of sidearm vs sidearm duels in the Crucible in the past week or two and it's very weird, also fun, also most people aren't good at using sidearms and my Smuggler's Word is better than every other sidearm, don't @ me.

• Options
    Bungie over here charging for weapon skins when I'll pay 20 bucks right now for Trespasser

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Look, if you don't want people to break all of your encounters that use timer-based auto-kills then don't give players the ability to ignore death.

Despite all the wild absurdity with people solo-ing raids I think the video I saw of a sunsinger scoffing at Skolas' taint mechanic by having his super up every time the time ran down is the one that sticks with me the most.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options

Look, if you don't want people to break all of your encounters that use timer-based auto-kills then don't give players the ability to ignore death.

Despite all the wild absurdity with people solo-ing raids I think the video I saw of a sunsinger scoffing at Skolas' taint mechanic by having his super up every time the time ran down is the one that sticks with me the most.

This is (partly) how my group clear skolas during the second or third week after release (when it was still crazy hard). We did the encounter like normal, but I was always the last person to get the debuff so that I could just eat the death and come right back.

As fun as it was to occasionally save a raid, I do enjoy actually having a super I can use on the regular these days. Especially now that weapons of light is a thing.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

This is (partly) how my group clear skolas during the second or third week after release (when it was still crazy hard). We did the encounter like normal, but I was always the last person to get the debuff so that I could just eat the death and come right back.

As fun as it was to occasionally save a raid, I do enjoy actually having a super I can use on the regular these days. Especially now that weapons of light is a thing.

Yeah, I think that's how I finally got a Skolas clear as well.

I don't miss self-res. Being the "keep us from failing" mechanism was a lot of pressure, especially since I'm not very good at Destiny in the first place.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I see the problem here, that warlock keeps swinging his sword and it never seems to physcially land on anything, clearly it needs a buff.

• Options
    two different people in this match have 2,000 kills not forgotten's

Neither of them are on my team.

Its basically impossible to win a hand cannon fight against these people, they straight up have the objectively better gun and have tons of experience using it

• Options
    Mida Catalyst get!

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Did Bungie ever give any indication to whether the Fractaline bonus reset is on Sunday or Tuesday? Might just grab before tomorrow, to be sure...

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    Mida Catalyst get!

Aaaannnnnddddd now Luna’s Howl!

Need to decide if I want to do the not forgotten quest on my warlock, or switch over to the hunter.

• Options
    Got accused of cheating last night via message when a guy's super completely failed to kill me and I killed him. It was just a crappy connection thing but I felt bad, I've been in the other side of that frustration and there really isn't an answer beyond "Destiny do be that way sometimes."

• Options
    Hm, tried to do the Warlock infinite super dealie for the moon event but didn't seem to work. Guess they fixed it?

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Hm, tried to do the Warlock infinite super dealie for the moon event but didn't seem to work. Guess they fixed it?
    Nah, just had a few dudes spamming it. Kinda makes it impossible to complete any individual bounties with warlock around.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    “Do you like Crimson, Siri?”

“Eh, its alright.”

6kf8js1qhr2y.jpeg

• Options
    I feel like you should retire it and start anew

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I feel like you should retire it and start anew

I probably will.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    It boggles my mind how anyone can be accurate with a Hand Cannon. I feel like I miss 2 out of every 3 shots I take just in PvE.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Practice

• Options
    It doesn't hurt that Destiny is pretty generous with the auto aim on PC and even moreso on console.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I did the altar of sorrows for the first time today. Even though we couldn't kill the final boss I still got the curated roll of Blasphemer from it so that was nice.
    Wish it had a reload masterwork instead of range but it's nbd.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I need to do that damn thing without a single sacrifice to get best ship. Almost had it today, but one knight fucking beelined for it. Should have brought tractor cannon. Coincidentally, the first time I ever did it...I got the curated shotgun as well.

Nosf on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Is there a limit to how high you can level your obelisks?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Doubt it. I think I'm at 110 total, might grind it to 150 monday night if spider's glimmer sale is favourable.

Going for Luna's finally, last real step was the 100 headshot kills. Bit of a slog for sure, especially since I started this on my Warlock. I told myself I wouldn't resort to Contraverse / HHSN but you get titan charged around a corner a few times or hunter knifed from scout range...welp, fuck you, i'm getting mine. I don't even feel bad when I voop the entire other team because they're all clustered up.

Actually I do feel a little bad, that's 3 possible headshot kills I missed out on. Crap.

• Options
    Doubt it. I think I'm at 110 total, might grind it to 150 monday night if spider's glimmer sale is favourable.

Going for Luna's finally, last real step was the 100 headshot kills. Bit of a slog for sure, especially since I started this on my Warlock. I told myself I wouldn't resort to Contraverse / HHSN but you get titan charged around a corner a few times or hunter knifed from scout range...welp, fuck you, i'm getting mine. I don't even feel bad when I voop the entire other team because they're all clustered up.

Actually I do feel a little bad, that's 3 possible headshot kills I missed out on. Crap.

Totally agree about stealing headshots from myself on that step. Got bad enough I actually bailed on HHSN and top dawnblade in favor of top tree void just to deny myself more tools so I would have to focus.

Still kept erentil on for closing out rounds when it counted though.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Ha, I got an 8 streak going in comp, headshots definitely fell by the wayside. I'll go back to it when my streak breaks.

edit from reddit: "384 obelisk levels, zero armor above 57 stats still. 4 armor pieces with 57 stats with only 2/4 being seasonal armor. I kept 1 as well as 3 other armor pieces with decent distribution in elements I'm not sure I have better rolls of. Also kept 2 weapons that might be decent that I need to test."

Nosf on
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Ha, I got an 8 streak going in comp, headshots definitely fell by the wayside. I'll go back to it when my streak breaks.

edit from reddit: "384 obelisk levels, zero armor above 57 stats still. 4 armor pieces with 57 stats with only 2/4 being seasonal armor. I kept 1 as well as 3 other armor pieces with decent distribution in elements I'm not sure I have better rolls of. Also kept 2 weapons that might be decent that I need to test."

And I thought that levelling up obelisks just gave shards and shaders :/

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I realized that even though I have a variety of Seasonal armor pieces and all the armor mods, I've spent zero time actually using any of it or making a build. Well, maybe that's not true - I've had two failed Solo Flawless runs on Pit of Heresy (I can't get the hang of the Ogre room) that used the defensive mod. But seeing as I've gotten no pieces that seem worth more than my high stat armor in the elements I like.

Maybe I'm just being lazy this season, but it's probably also the vault space concern - I don't want to keep 3 pairs of every armor piece just so I can eventually build craft. Particularly since I'm too afraid to just mass delete a bunch of shit from my vault.

Speaking of which, I know there is no reason to keep around any Year 1 armor or weapons, but it feels wrong to like delete my old Trials armor or Solstice armor or Prestige Leviathan and such. I know (or think I know) that I can delete this shit since it's in collection, but it feels wrong.

Sometimes you gotta just bite the bullet, I guess. I just wish I had a good way to sort the vault and be like "ok delete everything that I haven't even considered using in 2 years."

• Options
    I did the infinite shotgun ammo build just so I could knock out Python easily, but in all honesty, the seasonal perks when I looked at them I just rolled by eyes and sort of ignored it. It's all gone/replaced next season, so why get invested?

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I'd make builds if I had a lot more vault space. As it is, seasonal mods, once unlocked, should be universal.

Imo.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Yeah, the temporal value stuff doesnt instill me with enthusiasm, more like a “why bother” feeling.

Especially since I MW’ed some great rolls of armor last season.

Season slots should just be universal anyway (And Exotics should have a slot), I’m tired of grinding forever with terrible odds of getting good armor pieces just to be able to use the latest season perks.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I sort of don't understand how they grouse about how much work it is to come up with this new content constantly, then deprecate it immediately and start over again which introduces a myriad of issues.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I sort of don't understand how they grouse about how much work it is to come up with this new content constantly, then deprecate it immediately and start over again which introduces a myriad of issues.

Bungie seems to be terrible at anything not gameplay mechanics or art / skybox related.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Wait, is the Charged With Light mod stuff definitely going away after this season? Since they're not Artifact mods, I thought they would stay around.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Wait, is the Charged With Light mod stuff definitely going away after this season? Since they're not Artifact mods, I thought they would stay around.

They're gonna stay around, and originally Bungie talked about Empowerment as one of the mechanical ideas they're hoping to iterate upon and make feel like it's an integral mechanic that supports their ambitions of making Destiny into a "true" MMORPG experience.

• Options

They will, it’s just probably not going to be possible to get the mods/armor after this season, since the obelisks/sundial will be going away, and there’s no raid to keep dropping the armor like there is for the previous content.

What I would keep:
    -Keep the void set from the season pass if you got it. You can do a damage reduction build with it that might be really helpful for solo/raid content.

-A few pieces of arc armor to abuse the “Powerful Friends” mod that gives +20 mobility. Especially important if you’re a hunter.

It’s going to be super weird when the sundial content goes away. I feel like we didn’t have that effect from Undying because A) the raid stuck around and B) the Vex Offensive kind of sucked. But the sundial is more fun, and the weapons with one or two exceptions are all really top-notch