As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    if you are gonna be running Trials this weekend keep in mind that Point of the Stag is in the wild now. 2 good hits is all it takes to shut down your super so be aware of sight lines when popping off. alternatively, one person on your team can shut down the enemy fast, 2 people coordinating can shut it down instantly.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Rewards:
    3 Wins (Powerful): Tomorrow's Answer (Rocket Launcher)
    5 Wins (Powerful): Arms/Gauntlets
    7 Wins (Pinnacle): Eye of Sol (Snipey)
    Flawless (Pinnacle): Class Item

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Wasn't it arms last week? Lame

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Maybe lame for you dudes, less lame for those of us behind. :P

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So my Pve build seems pretty nutty.

Liars handshake on top tree arc. Gamblers dodge. Depending on the content a 1-2 punch shotty

And I have double hands on so lots of super from punching which is all I do.

And I have impact induction so lots of nades from punching.

Except I also generate warmind cells with every ability damage. Which is all the time.

And when I pick up a cell I get overshield.

And also when I pick up a cell I get a charge of lighted

And if I almost die I get insane damage protection from my charge of light.

Only thing I’m missing is to find a way to also get the sword defense buff going so I can just stand next to bosses and sword them without a care in the world

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Randy’s does work on Widow’s Court. The new bow is going to be sweet there too.

• Options
    @Local H Jay

When you run arby in trials do you tend to avoid typical sniper lanes? Or do you duel snipers?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Disrupter wrote: »
    @Local H Jay

When you run arby in trials do you tend to avoid typical sniper lanes? Or do you duel snipers?

I do challenge snipers, but it depends on the range. Like mid range I can reliably out hit, but longer ranges it can be tough to line up the headshot. I try to get as close as possible so for this map, I'll likely push to the bottom/top of stairs or challenge at castle lane from the backside.

Edit- forgot to mention, I'm using Foetracer as a pair for Arby's lately. It's super valuable information to have.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Tbh for this map I may end up falling back on Revoker, I haven't liked sniping so far in this meta but this map has some nasty angles if you can snipe right

• Options
    Interesting fact: my armor is still glowing! I wonder if it'll stop tomorrow, since technically I went flawless last Saturday. Maybe it lasts exactly one week? If not, it goes through two weekends.

• Options
    I’m starting to fall
    In love with Gemini jesters..

Is foetracer consistent? I always heard it was pretty bugged

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Idk what's bugged about it, you just have to keep the reticle over a single target for about 2 seconds. I don't know if the damage buff even matters, if that's the bugged part.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Being able to use a fusion rifle in the IB quest was such a breath of fresh air that it almost made up for the SMG step.

Almost.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Should I upgrade my armor to 10 now, or stock up mats and wait for the next expansion/round of seasonal stuff?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Anyone on PS4 wanna run mindbenders 200k nightfall?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Got to 6-0 and choked it twice to lose a perfect card. We could have won both but ... Just didn't. :bigfrown:

• Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Should I upgrade my armor to 10 now, or stock up mats and wait for the next expansion/round of seasonal stuff?

I’m not an expert, but I’d say level up any Exotic that’s integral to your build and seeing yourself to continue to use. Class item is also useful.

But most importantly, whatever looks coolest.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Just remember that whenever a new season hits, you're gonna be pals with blues for a good while. I mean, unless you're a resource-making machine and cover the costs of multiple Upgrade Modules.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

If your stats and perks and look are all working for you, sure upgrade a set to 10. Keep in mind, it'll be smart to have a couple of sets on you for different circumstances. Like there's a Solar melee and an arc grenade perk going on right now, so I have those as different pieces of armor, depending on what subclass I intend to be running.

Calus has apparently won my undying armor-wearing loyalty by making the "play matches of x" statues take like 200 rounds to proc.

• Options
    I am so in love with running The Last Word & Point of the Stag. Randy’s on Vostok is still my jam but for every other map I’m good.

• Options
    Really rough games tonight, could've been to the lighthouse but choked hard on the last few runs

On the bright side Arbalest/Summoner is probably my go to loadout, the games we won we really rolled them

• Options
    I could never find a loadout I liked. Astral Horizon / Hardlight was working out in our first couple attempts but I struggled later on in the night.

Oh well, Fridays are always rough.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I hate looking back and thinking of all the things I could’ve done differently. Bleh.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly we played pretty good all things considered, teams are just really greasy once you hit 4+ wins

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I hate looking back and thinking of all the things I could’ve done differently. Bleh.

Both in Destiny and in life!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Gah, couldn't make a damn thing work in Trials tonight. Between getting Revokered constantly and failing with my supers and abilities, I couldn't pick a spec or win my one v ones.

This map is gonna suck for my play style, which is apparently "get farmed."

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Got mega carried again this week. Got my trials cloak. Hunter flex!

The arms and RL being repeats are a bit disappointing

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Based on some stuff we did in Trials last night I think a rush down, in your face approach could work with everyone and their mother using a sniper, but you've really got to work out which way you're going to go to avoid the obvious lanes and I failed entirely to communicate because I was really frustrated. There are ways to get up on people without giving them easy shots and once it's a primary fight it's anyone's game.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    It’s weird I’m a good sniper in 6s and even comp (good-ish) but terrible in trials

Like I’m good at reacting and hitting shots on dudes moving quickly but I’m terrible at pre-aiming a lane and knowing where their heads gunna be and I’m terrible at seeing the tiny pixels of a head glitcher just barely exposing himself

Like trials sniping seems like less twitch skill and more preaiming and I’m no bueno

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    We took a card with a loss all the way to 6, again of course got matched against a team with 60+ flawless between them all already

Sick

• Options
    Yeah but SBMM or a separate pool or other changes to make it more approachable would cheapen everything I can't say that with a straight face.

• Options
    Yeah but SBMM or a separate pool or other changes to make it more approachable would cheapen everything I can't say that with a straight face.

There's a lot that Bungie could do with the "passage" system they have.
    • Passage of Serenity - Account-wide, one-time purchase per-week. Standard Trials, but only match against players who have not gone flawless on their account that week.
    • Passage of Endurance - Losing a match reducing the wins on the card by one, but the "flawless" status is maintained. Consecutive losses invalidate the Passage.
    • Passage of Fraud - 5000 silver for an instant flawless card. Why pay a random stranger to carry you when you could just pay Bungie instead?

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »

There's a lot that Bungie could do with the "passage" system they have.
    • Passage of Serenity - Account-wide, one-time purchase per-week. Standard Trials, but only match against players who have not gone flawless on their account that week.
    • Passage of Endurance - Losing a match reducing the wins on the card by one, but the "flawless" status is maintained. Consecutive losses invalidate the Passage.
    • Passage of Fraud - 5000 silver for an instant flawless card. Why pay a random stranger to carry you when you could just pay Bungie instead?

Passage of Accuracy - Make my sniper rifle work the same way that everyone else's does, its obviously broken.

• Options
    I think moving flawless folks into a new tier would be the next solution. Then as more people entered that tier make another. Climb from guardian to legend

616610-1.png
  • Options
    I've been thinking about it and if Trials is supposed to be pinnacle PvP then have it work like the raids do: you can get rewards from going flawless once per week on each character, same drops at 3/5/7/flawless but only once. No bounties, no tokens, nothing to farm, no BS. Farming in PvE is pretty harmless but farming in PvP is always coming at someone's expense, if Bungie doesn't want people farming raids then they definitely shouldn't want them farming trials.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Being able to use a fusion rifle in the IB quest was such a breath of fresh air that it almost made up for the SMG step.

Almost.

I’m the opposite.

Struggled for hand cannon kills, smg took me one and a half matches, and then the fusion rifle step killed my spirit.

Really struggled to get 5 or 6 kills in 2 matches, then was pissed to see only one kill had actually counted towards to the tally.

I’ll try again tomorrow in case it was bugged or something, but I was finding it super difficult to get any kills at all when everyone seems to be using assault rifles.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    I've been thinking about it and if Trials is supposed to be pinnacle PvP then have it work like the raids do: you can get rewards from going flawless once per week on each character, same drops at 3/5/7/flawless but only once. No bounties, no tokens, nothing to farm, no BS. Farming in PvE is pretty harmless but farming in PvP is always coming at someone's expense, if Bungie doesn't want people farming raids then they definitely shouldn't want them farming trials.

I think a good compromise would be to allow a non-flawless-only passage once a week, but have it not reward tokens and not reward the flawless emblems. Then if you want to farm or turn in tokens, you need to buy one of the other passages. Also, the vendor engram should only reward gear available that week.

And then also allow raids to reward non-powerful gear after the first completion.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    The streamers getting salty about stuff they’ve abused in the past is just the best.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    It feels to me like this is basically all solved with a better loot system and better matchmaking.

Do card-based matchmaking. Players going for their 7th win are facing other players going for their 7th or even 6th win. Players with 1 win and 2 losses on their card face off against other players in a similar situation. This will push the better teams up into higher brackets and increase the odds that the worse teams are facing each other more in their matches. Going flawless means you are gonna have to push through at least a few though matches and noobies or casual players just dipping their toes into Trials get games where they can at least have a chance to grab a few wins.

Then restructure the loot system so less skilled teams can at least get something out of the experience and the higher skill teams get something worth grinding for. Give players a reason to want to consistently go flawless so they have no incentive to farm the lower levels of the ticket. And hand out at least something to the teams getting stepped on by teams on their way to flawless so they have a reason to actually come back.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Catalase wrote: »
    The streamers getting salty about stuff they’ve abused in the past is just the best.

"well it's fine when I use it but..."

Wraith260 on