Options

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Not being able to login to ESO because Steam is doing a TOOSDAY is really pissing me off...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Anyway, since I talked up In Other Waters, I'll let someone grab a copy:

Loading...?

Zxerol on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Technically I brought it up since I saw an article about it on Kotaku

https://kotaku.com/methodically-exploring-an-alien-ocean-feels-sublime-1842781925

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Anyway, since I talked up In Other Waters, I'll let someone grab a copy:

Loading...?

Thanks @Zxerol. I grabbed this one. Looks like a good time.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    Boarderlands 1 GotY Enhanced

Loading...?
    Whoops, already have this apparently. Here it is again, if I've remembered how to do this.
    Loading...?

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Karoz for gifting me XCOM: Chimera Squad.

I only learned of it today and added it to my wishlist to snag it closer to release date, only for him to snipe it about an hour later while I was engrossed in Animal Crossing.

I'm enjoying the parallels along classic X-COM that Solomon/Firaxis are taking nuXCOM down; what with the Terror From the Deep sequel hook, and Chimera Squad being reminiscent of Apocalypse where XCOM is tasked with protecting the last standing megacity on Earth against a new alien threat. They even have the inclusion of hybrids (human/sectoid mix) and androids that you could recruit/build. Suffice to say I'm very excited with the direction Firaxis is taking the franchise; taking the old games' concepts and breathing new life into them, free of mid 90's jank.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Bundle Extras

The Darkness 2

Loading...?

Grabbed this as it was one of those games I was curious about but not full price curious about and then kind of forgot about it. Thanks!

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    "SIR! I need to commandeer your vehicle! Get out at once! Official XCOM business!"

*Muton throws car at enemy squad*

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    So I just got hired to do a few lines for the Contagion VR game’s expansion at the end of the month. Neat!

My second Steam game, but first VR game.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So I just got hired to do a few lines for the Contagion VR game’s expansion at the end of the month. Neat!

You didn't sign any NDAs, did you?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2020

You didn't sign any NDAs, did you?

Nah. It was only a few lines for a minor NPC, so no big deal. But they loved the recording so maybe they’ll use me again.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Well I just played through Heaven's Vault so going from space archeologist to space oceanographer makes sense.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I have always wanted to get into voice acting. My mom always said I had a face for radio.

• Options

I have always wanted to get into voice acting. My mom always said I had a face for radio.

No time like the present! I just started late last July at 43-years old with about ~$150 in equipment. Closing in on my 300th completed order. If you've got the voice, talent, and desire, it can happen.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    If you've got the voice, talent, and desire, it can happen.

Ho, boy.

Way to dash them dreams.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Bundle Extras

The Darkness 2

Loading...?

Grabbed this as it was one of those games I was curious about but not full price curious about and then kind of forgot about it. Thanks!

I am unhappy that we will not get a sequel but overjoyed that digital extremes went from this to Warframe.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    There's a 95% chance @Pixelated Pixie did something extremely pleasant to me while I was asleep.

<.<

>.>

...well, what else did you think I meant?
    2hyhdu0tz6k1.jpg

Thanks so much! You're good stuff too, and that's a 100% chance. <3

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    There's a 95% chance @Pixelated Pixie did something extremely pleasant to me while I was asleep.

<.<

>.>

2hyhdu0tz6k1.jpg

Are those odds XCOM odds? :lol:

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Drovek wrote: »

<.<

>.>

2hyhdu0tz6k1.jpg

hwasw73ujcw5.jpg

Jazz on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    You've received a gift copy of...
    lGZmQft.png

XCOM: Chimera Squad! From your friend @Antoshka!

Thanks so much. This seemed to come out of nowhere, and looks really fun. And the prospect of it being a 10-20 hour campaign makes it much, much more appealing. I wish more game franchises would take a page out of the Far Cry: Blood Dragon playbook and release fun, interesting add-ons sometimes instead of full course meal after full course meal. Super happy to see XCOM going this route. Big thanks!

A new XCOM for $10 at pre-purchase is eating Gears: Tactics lunch! You can't be happy about the XCOM game coming out right on top of your $60 squad-based tactics game.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

<.<

>.>

2hyhdu0tz6k1.jpg

hwasw73ujcw5.jpg

60% of the time it works 100% of the time.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular

Smokey - you have a voice like a sweet angel, please do this!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

Oh yeah I was talking about myself, not Smokes.

Please people try! I just kinda hate my voice.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Oh yeah I was talking about myself, not Smokes.

Please people try! I just kinda hate my voice.

I read all your posts in my head as a punk rock orc

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    A friend suggested I do voice over stuff because fiverr apparently needs even more Brit voices than it already has.

Alas I've only got a headset. A nice headset, to be sure, but I doubt that cuts the mustard for voice 'work'.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    A friend suggested I do voice over stuff because fiverr apparently needs even more Brit voices than it already has.

Alas I've only got a headset. A nice headset, to be sure, but I doubt that cuts the mustard for voice 'work'.

Yeah that sort of setup really only cuts the cheese

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Yeah that sort of setup really only cuts the cheese

wojvcrsdw32t.gif

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular

You may be surprised. Headset mic quality has come a long way the last few years

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

As a broadcast radio engineer and sometimes voice talent, my professional opinion would be "most likely no"

That said, I have done voice work for AM radio using a rock band USB mic in the past.

PM me and I can go into more details if you'd like.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options

I was pretty surprised by the number of Brit voice actors on Fiverr. But it makes sense I guess. Although I do find it odd when people ask me to do a non-American accent. Like sure, but there’s plenty of legit native speakers out there to choose from.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    But can they do Florida Man accents...

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Fanatical has the 100 game Atari Vault collection on for $1. From what I remember of playing on a very well used 2600 as a young altling, it was the Activision games that were the good ones, but the rights to those are probably so messed up we'll never see that collection.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Fanatical has the 100 game Atari Vault collection on for $1. From what I remember of playing on a very well used 2600 as a young altling, it was the Activision games that were the good ones, but the rights to those are probably so messed up we'll never see that collection.

Everyone should play Combat multiplayer at least once in their lives.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Betsuni wrote: »

My 11-year-old has become quite fond of this on our Atari flashback

Edit: Also, Atari vault has the arcade version of Pong. It was released in 1972 and, to the best of my knowledge, is the oldest game available on Steam.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    There's some stuff with the combat in Lucah that's kinda interesting ideas, but just has not felt very good in practice, especially with the way these mechanics compound on eachother. I don't entirely understand a lot of it, so maybe some of this has some aspect I'm missing that makes it better, but I think the opaqueness is a problem in and of itself.
    So for starters, there's a break mechanic, where you hit an enemy enough and BREAK will pop up above their heads and they'll be briefly stunned and take more damage. Your damage depends a lot on guard breaks, which makes the fact that they seem kinda RNG a problem. Adding onto that, it seems like each break on an enemy is harder to get than the last. So, if you get a break with the last hit of your combo and can't capitalize on it, then not only have you missed out on a big damage window, the next one is going to be even harder to get. Sometimes you can kill an enemy in one good combo that gets a favorably timed break in the middle of it, so getting poor luck with that opening can make an enemy take more than twice as long to kill.
    There also seems to be a mechanic that I guess I'll call execution? I'm fuzzy on it, I think it's only been mentioned in passing in an ability description that makes it more likely to proc, but low health enemies have a chance to be insta-killed by heavy attacks. I don't know what the chance is, I don't know what the health threshold for "low health" is, not helped by the stylized health indicators that can be hard to read mid-combat, and I'm not even sure what they mean by heavy attacks, because it doesn't actually seem to be heavy attacks. I haven't rigorously tested it, but just doing a neutral heavy attack hasn't gotten me an instakill yet, I don't think. It might have to be a combo ender heavy attack? But then maybe a light attack combo ender could proc it too. I've also procced it with supers and certain magic attacks, so *shrug*.
    As the game goes on and enemy health goes up, I've become reliant on more abilities that provide conditional damage boosts. Increased damage after perfect dodges, not!witch time, parries, increased damage the longer a combo goes, maybe one or two other things that've slipped my mind. Counterintuitively, I've found witch time after perfect dodges is a lot more useful than a parry, since it gives me immunity to all enemies instead of just stunning one, and even against a single target is more consistently able to get in a good combo. Plus, another ability of mine completely refills my stamina after a perfect dodge, so I always have the stamina to follow up in witch time, while I'm not always able to with a parry. So, a lot of the time I'll actually be annoyed at pulling off a more difficult parry when I would've rather just gotten a perfect dodge. And of course the icing on the cake is the times when attacks have mysterious hitboxes that aren't proccing perfect dodges for unclear reasons.
    Altogether this leads to a lot of fights turning on waiting for the enemy to attack so I can proc witch time, and then hoping for good rolls on the multi-step RNG of:
    do I get a break? -> how many possible executions does the timing of the break give me? (the combo ender heavy, follow-up super, and familiar's magic attack are my chances for execution) -> do any of those chances actually proc?
    There's also the question of whether, when the enemy's attack gave me the chance the opening for this, I had enough meter that I'll be able to both super and magic at the end of the combo, so add that layer of RNG in too.
    I have to stress that this isn't even "This is how it works, and here's why that feels bad," it's "This feels bad for some reason, here's what I think's happening but I'm not really sure." The complexity of all these overlapping systems and the sometimes hard to read graphics makes it very hard to figure out what exactly is happening. Like, maybe breaks aren't actually RNG, but triggered at specific damage threshold, and my abilities that make me deal more damage after dodges and the longer my combo is are making the hits it takes to hit that threshold inconsistent. Maybe supers can't proc executions, and are just killing through regular damage, but it's hard to tell because the health indicators are too hard to hard to read, and because stacking damage multipliers are giving wildly varying damage outputs.
    You're also on a timer all game that can be mitigated through good combat performance. On NG+ it actually ticks way faster but can be rewound by getting good style scores in your fights. So, without that maybe you could say the combat is made to be taken more slowly and carefully than I've been going, with all these things meant to be more singular opening and bonuses as opposed to things you're trying to stack all on top of eachother, but as it stands I actually need to be going in and killing fast or else I'll run out of time.
    I don't mean to oversell how bad this all is. It's not like enemies don't get broken when I need them to and then they turn it around and kill me in one combo, it's just an enemy doesn't get broken and then they're able to get a hit in on me that I didn't feel like I had a way to avoid, and that feels kinda bad. Maybe that'll lower my rating for that encounter and later it'll add another 15 seconds to a grinding session to manage the timer. When it does all come together and I go witch time -> light light heavy BREAK -> super and familiar's magic -> one of those kills, it does all feel pretty stylish. I just wish I had more control over whether that happens.

• Options

I was pretty surprised by the number of Brit voice actors on Fiverr. But it makes sense I guess. Although I do find it odd when people ask me to do a non-American accent. Like sure, but there’s plenty of legit native speakers out there to choose from.

There was a comedian from Leicestershire who told a story on a podcast once about how he was doing some VO for an ad, but they didn't want him to do a Leicestershire accent.

After the session was over, they told him they would be recording multiple versions of the ad for different regions in England, including Leicestershire. When he said "I'm from Leicestershire, I'll do that one" they told him "No actually we got a guy from *different UK region I can't remember* to do that one"

VO is weird sometimes.

steam_sig.png

• Options

There was a comedian from Leicestershire who told a story on a podcast once about how he was doing some VO for an ad, but they didn't want him to do a Leicestershire accent.

After the session was over, they told him they would be recording multiple versions of the ad for different regions in England, including Leicestershire. When he said "I'm from Leicestershire, I'll do that one" they told him "No actually we got a guy from *different UK region I can't remember* to do that one"

VO is weird sometimes.

Wow, that is strange. I’ve done off-region requests quite often, but will certainly suggest a voice be passed off to a natural speaking person. Lose a job, but improve their project a lot.

Also, just passed 300 completed orders. I’ve got over a dozen scripts still in the pipe. People finally getting their games, animations, and eBooks done during the quarantine. If only I had more than 30-60 minutes a day to record. :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I have fond memories of Frogs and Flies.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Chex Quest is getting an HD remake with multiplayer.
    Release date is listed as this summer.
    Chex Quest HD is a modern, multiplayer remake of the classic 1996 FPS advergame of the same name.

The Intergalactic Federation of Snacks' outpost on the remote planet of Bazoik has been overrun by evil cereal-eating creatures from another dimension! These slimy "Flemoids" have taken the citizens of Bazoik captive and it is up to you and the Chex Mix Squadron to free them. Thankfully you have a handy array of "zorching" devices which can send these invaders back to their home dimension so you can succeed in your mission.

Features:
    - Play as one of 6 unlockable members of Chex Mix Squadron!
    - In single-player or split-screen multiplayer mode*!
    - Save the galaxy from the nefarious Flemoid menace!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/804270/Chex_Quest_HD/

Yes.

YESSSS!
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

What if someone throws milk on them?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Chex Quest is getting an HD remake with multiplayer.
    Release date is listed as this summer.
    Chex Quest HD is a modern, multiplayer remake of the classic 1996 FPS advergame of the same name.

The Intergalactic Federation of Snacks' outpost on the remote planet of Bazoik has been overrun by evil cereal-eating creatures from another dimension! These slimy "Flemoids" have taken the citizens of Bazoik captive and it is up to you and the Chex Mix Squadron to free them. Thankfully you have a handy array of "zorching" devices which can send these invaders back to their home dimension so you can succeed in your mission.

Features:
    - Play as one of 6 unlockable members of Chex Mix Squadron!
    - In single-player or split-screen multiplayer mode*!
    - Save the galaxy from the nefarious Flemoid menace!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/804270/Chex_Quest_HD/

Yes.

YESSSS!
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

What if someone throws milk on them?

Mikey won't like it.

This discussion has been closed.