Options

It's MARVEL, baybee. X-Men on fire! Black Widow in May! Sam and Bucky in August!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    If it continues with
    one decade per episode, the latter half of the season might be a lot more "real" world stuff than the first half. Episode 3 is probably already the 70s and so on.

Edit: well, or the first two eps were both 60s? I'm not that well versed in sitcom history.

honovere on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    actually a little peeved my disney + free year ended yesterday because I'll miss wandavision, but damn i can't justify the price for literally one show

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate comes with 1-month of Disney+ for free, and you can get 3 months of it for $1 if you've never subbed before: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass
    It won't let you watch the whole show probably though, depending on how slow they roll the episodes out

One episode a week, so activate this deal when the show is done rolling out for the lowest cost to see it. I think 9 episodes total with 2 out the first week.

The free Disney+ is only avaialble until January 31st

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    If you have Verizon, you might wanna check your package with them. I have an unlimited data plan with them that was kind of outdated, and one of the packages they offered had the Disney bundle (Disney/Hulu/ESPN+) included in it, and I think it was only like 3 or 4 dollars more a month after everything. I shuffled over to that when my free year expired.

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Magneto solution:

Random person: “Wait, you’ve been around how long?”
    x-person: “Baby incide-“
    Magneto: “WE DO NOT DISCUSS THE BABY INCIDENT”
    Random person: “Oh we are definitely going to discuss the baby incident”

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Wandavision: I don't think it's very good?
    It's half a tribute to old sitcoms and half a mystery story, but the mystery story stuff fucks up the timing of the sitcom tribute stuff, and the jokes aren't...good, so the 80% of each episode we spend watching these two characters just in an old sitcom isn't great, and then when the mystery stuff starts popping up, it shuts the entire show down for a few minutes so it can make you stare at the mystery. The "for the children!" thing feels like a good way of doing weirdness in the sitcom, but the commercial where you're just...staring at a code thing for twenty seconds was not, and the bit where the guy is choking and his wife is saying "stop it," almost works? I don't know, it's just...if you want to do a mystery show, you have to build a better framework than this, I think.

I'll keep watching it, if nothing else it brought in some people I haven't seen in a while (good to see Debra Jo Rupp and Emma Caulfield!), so, you know, there's that

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Wandavision 01-02
    These commercials are so sexist, holy shit.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Wandavision 01-02:
    I'm actually really enjoying the sitcom stuff, and am enjoying them playing with the sitcom style of the era. The second episode magic act had me cracking up pretty hardcore.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Wandavision 01-02
    These commercials are so sexist, holy shit.

Okay but
    That toaster seems pretty cool.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    McFodder wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Wandavision eps 1 and 2
    The whole 50's sitcom thing was played a lot more straight than I had expected. Obviously things aren't alright, but I was definitely expecting it to go full color before the end of episode 2.

WandaVision first 2 eps
    I think the... sincerity? honesty? of the sitcom side is what made the little odd touches work so well, plus it was done well enough to get some real laughs out of us. Some real Rik Mayall energy in episode 2.
    Very excited to see where this goes.

Kathryn Hahn’s putting in some work as the catty neighbor.

I don't actually want Hahn to secretly be her Spiderverse character, but my inner preteen nerd thinks it'd be awesome

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    never die wrote: »
    Wandavision 01-02:
    I'm actually really enjoying the sitcom stuff, and am enjoying them playing with the sitcom style of the era. The second episode magic act had me cracking up pretty hardcore.

Is that how mirrors work?

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think they really nailed the old sitcom feel.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's the show nobody likes, but Agents of SHIELD already kicked off the whole "there's mutants now" story hook. So that's an easy way to say they exist.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    MCU will never acknowledge Agents of SHIELD so that's not an option

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Maddoc wrote: »
    MCU will never acknowledge Agents of SHIELD so that's not an option

Stop ruining my dreams

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Agents of SHIELD is MCU fan fiction

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    tbh if Agents of Shield was folded in as Coulson's own self insert fan fiction that would be an outcome I could get on board with

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    WandaVision:
    So far my favorite little thing in the show is that whenever things start getting weird, or something happens that breaks the sitcom "reality," the camera switches from a traditional sitcom look to a more cinematic look.

Really liking the show so far.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Ant-Man and the Wasp officially declared shield noncanon when a character said "truth serum is just tv bullshit"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    -Tal wrote: »
    Ant-Man and the Wasp officially declared shield noncanon when a character said "truth serum is just tv bullshit"

yeah but uh didn't the truth serum stuff effectively work in ant-man and the wasp

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

yeah but uh didn't the truth serum stuff effectively work in ant-man and the wasp

Yeah that's literally the punchline is the goon who had the serum looking at the FBI or whoever agents and being like, "holy shit it does work!"

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Yeah that's literally the punchline is the goon who had the serum looking at the FBI or whoever agents and being like, "holy shit it does work!"

thus establishing that he invented truth serum in 2018 and it could not have canonically existed earlier

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

SHIELD also literally declared that it wasn't real within that season. Also, SHIELD Is conveniently off in it's own little section of the multiverse, with an intact and rebuilt Triskelion. If Phase 4 is all about multiverse shenanigans, there's actually nothing stopping them from integrating bits now if they want to.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    it is good that disney finally has an in-lore justification to integrate Agents of Shield into the MCU

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    it is good that disney finally has an in-lore justification to integrate Agents of Shield into the MCU

And yet

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Mvrck wrote: »

SHIELD also literally declared that it wasn't real within that season. Also, SHIELD Is conveniently off in it's own little section of the multiverse, with an intact and rebuilt Triskelion. If Phase 4 is all about multiverse shenanigans, there's actually nothing stopping them from integrating bits now if they want to.

they were 99% of the way to declaring a split off universe and then backed off at the last second

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    But a split off universe wouldn't explain
    Agent Sousa showing up as a cop in Avengers, which I'm sure is not actually a galaxy-brain long play from the Marvel writers but fits so well anyway.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Agent Sousa showing up as a cop in Avengers, which I'm sure is not actually a galaxy-brain long play from the Marvel writers but fits so well anyway.

It’s his grandson just like the principal in Homecoming.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Rogers went back in time and stole his wife, clearly some Time Shenanigans were necessary in retaliation

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    don't worry everyone

i'm sure disney will have an excellent explanation when Agents of Shield is officially merged with the MCU

• Options
    Even more important, how does Inhumans fit in?

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    In the trash can

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    The Inhumans in AoS were pretty well done!

The 'royal family' all died on the way back to their home planet moon base.

Except Lockjaw, he can stay.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Maybe Lockjaw can turn up in the Ms. Marvel show

Like, no other Inhumans, just a giant, teleporting doggo.

Now I just read a synopsys about his history, and he's an extremely good dog. Rescuing his siblings even before he was born! That's a good start.

honovere on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I laughed probably a bit more than I should have at the little nod to The Dick Van Dyke Show in the opening sequence of the first episode.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    At one point, Lockjaw was a humanoid inhuman who got turned into a dog by the terrigen mists

Before later writers retconned it because it was the worst idea ever

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    At one point, Lockjaw was a humanoid inhuman who got turned into a dog by the terrigen mists

Before later writers retconned it because it was the worst idea ever

And the writer in question got really pissy that his brilliant idea was retconned. But he's terrible, so who cares.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Comics writers need to learn that they need an actual editor that will actually say no to their ideas.

• Options
    Oh yeah this was a totally normal dude before, and now the royal family keeps him as a pet, I see nothing wrong with this whatsoever

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    monarchists, am i right?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Where do you think all the Queen's Corgis come from?

This discussion has been closed.