As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bucks Win Championship Without Head Coach [NBA]

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Hey, I loved that triple double season. I thought it was great, at the time. I think its ok for sports to sometimes be about passion, narratives, and memories, and he generated a ton that season. Not everyone can be best player on a championship level guy.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    burbo wrote: »

It’s just a captionable pic, eg
    88eobhuhqzn3.jpeg

This is the Rockets chance, to Bamboozle the Knicks by Trading Russ for R.J. Barrett.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

It’s just a captionable pic, eg
    88eobhuhqzn3.jpeg

This is the Rockets chance, to Bamboozle the Knicks by Trading Russ for R.J. Barrett.

I like this idea because it saves a good Canadian boy from stagnating on the Knicks

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    More Blue Devils need to be on stagnant teams I don't care about, actually

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Hey, I loved that triple double season. I thought it was great, at the time. I think its ok for sports to sometimes be about passion, narratives, and memories, and he generated a ton that season. Not everyone can be best player on a championship level guy.

I feel like him shooting the Thunder out of the playoffs against a not very healthy Rockets team made that MVP age poorly. I think it proved he was stat hunting in a way that doesn't help his team actually win.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    In that playoff series, his on/off per 36 was like +20 or something, right? I remember that being a big story, and his team just falling apart every time he sat. I don't think it's fair to say he didn't help his team win, except perhaps in a secondary way (team was so reliant on him they had no idea how to play when he wasn't on the court).

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    https://jeremygordon.substack.com/p/white-men-cant-blog

This was an interesting article for me, a white basketball fan, to read and think about

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    https://jeremygordon.substack.com/p/white-men-cant-blog

This was an interesting article for me, a white basketball fan, to read and think about

That was a really good article, thanks for sharing.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Westbrook was injured so I think they'll try again

with a center

my Hawks thank you for Capella

Xehalus on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I wouldn't put it past Morey to trade Harden and Westbrook this off season. Small ball didn't work, let's trade for Mo Bamba, Bol Bol, and Boban.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I wouldn't put it past Morey to trade Harden and Westbrook this off season. Small ball didn't work, let's trade for Mo Bamba, Bol Bol, and Boban.

Don’t forget Tacko!

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

I'm disappointed you didn't go for the obvious, "Small ball didn't work, let's try Big Bol."

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Get Summons to handle the ball and you got a stew

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    nuggets throwing 3's and might be about to squander it...

EDIT: That was a nice 3

Dixon on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Hope it was worth it.
    Houston Rockets forward Danuel House Jr. has left the NBA campus in Orlando, Florida, and will not play again this season following a violation of the league's health and safety protocols, the league announced Friday.

According to the NBA, an investigation found that House had an unauthorized guest in his hotel room for multiple hours Tuesday.

• Options
    Most definitely

• Options
    Wtf!? Now there are vocals to the NBA on TNT song? What more horrors does 2020 have in store for us?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    In that playoff series, his on/off per 36 was like +20 or something, right? I remember that being a big story, and his team just falling apart every time he sat. I don't think it's fair to say he didn't help his team win, except perhaps in a secondary way (team was so reliant on him they had no idea how to play when he wasn't on the court).

I'm not saying Westbrook sucks. He was definitely the best player on his team and carried them hard that season. But he's also one of the worst 3-point shooters in league history (I'm not exaggerating) and in those 5 playoff games he shot 49 threes hitting 26% of them including going 5 for 18 in game 5. His case for MVP was triple-doubles not scoring so it didn't make sense for him to resort to taking shots he's truly terrible at when things weren't working out against Houston.

I swear I'm not a Westbrook hater I just don't think he was MVP material and he kind of found a way to hack the system to win the award despite almost no one on earth truly believing he was better than LeBron, Durant, or Curry.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Man Siakam, why you hurting me like that...so many turnovers and poor plays. I think we would of done better if we had just not played him.

• Options
    Butters wrote: »

I'm not saying Westbrook sucks. He was definitely the best player on his team and carried them hard that season. But he's also one of the worst 3-point shooters in league history (I'm not exaggerating) and in those 5 playoff games he shot 49 threes hitting 26% of them including going 5 for 18 in game 5. His case for MVP was triple-doubles not scoring so it didn't make sense for him to resort to taking shots he's truly terrible at when things weren't working out against Houston.

I swear I'm not a Westbrook hater I just don't think he was MVP material and he kind of found a way to hack the system to win the award despite almost no one on earth truly believing he was better than LeBron, Durant, or Curry.

I'm pretty sure he led the league in scoring that year. So, scoring was a big part of his value.

But yeah, not as good as those players you mention, of course.

• Options
    Man, I loved that Raptors team. So much heart. I think it came down to game 6 taking so much energy, while Boston's player were younger and could recover just enough to have the energy on game 7 to get it over the line. I think the outcome might have been different with one more day between games.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I'm a Heat fan now. 2020 has been a wild ride.

Maximum on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Marcus smarf is a religious experience

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Down 2 and Powell choosing to drive into the most obvious block was less than ideal for Toronto.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

Hoping for Nuggets/Heat in the finals personally.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »

Hoping for Nuggets/Heat in the finals personally.

This would be wild and awesome

Celtics would be funny too- 2 of the last 3 East champs would be teams that Kyrie left

• Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

This would be wild and awesome

Celtics would be funny too- 2 of the last 3 East champs would be teams that Kyrie left

Yeah, once Kyrie leaves, teams are able to really come full circle.

Octavian on
    PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    LET THE SPECULATION COMMENCE!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    g5zetx98x3rq.png

C87xx6T.jpeg

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Heat in 6. Who do you guys got?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Heat in 4

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Celtics in 6, if hayward comes back before game... 3.

Heat are real good (I convinced my friend to take them +1600 as East champs before the playoffs) but celtics D too stronk

Unless Bam goes nuts

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Have the Heat lost yet in the playoffs?

Aren’t they like 16-2 in the bubble

Edit: Lol nope 11-6 (still pretty good!)

Double edit: think it’s either Heat in 5 or Celtics in 7

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    I think Daniel House might have had the right idea by getting out of there early.

• Options
    Can you imagine basketball if they enforced traveling

My god

• Options
    It would suck shit

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Holy shit. Did they actually just call traveling on HARDEN!?

LMFAO, fucking finally!

Now Flagrant his ass for a flop.

Ticaldfjam on
This discussion has been closed.