As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bucks Win Championship Without Head Coach [NBA]

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Blazers fans, please tell me about Harkless.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So Nate Robinson is boxing Jake Paul on the undercard of the Tyson/Jones Jr “fight”

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    I loved when he was on the team. He got the prestigious "my boy" title for most of his tenure. Good defender, decent floor spacer. His one weird.trick (tm) is that he is great at getting downpours early and getting a post seal for an easy bucket. He does, however, tend to drift in an out of games, he can be out there.for 10 minutes without you ever noticing him sometimes. And he can go through two week stretches of ineffectiveness like that.

However, when he was healthy and engaged, he usually unlocked the Blazers best lineups.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That was a complete joke.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2020
    jake paul is a piece of shit, but he actively trains to be a boxer and takes it pretty seriously

he's winning largely because the only people who are gonna get in a ring with him are people who are like...stunt cast to box him, real boxers likely aren't gonna get in the ring with him because he's, you know, a sideshow attraction, and him winning just means he's gonna keep getting bigger stunt names to come in and get beat because they don't take him seriously

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Yeah. He’s not a great boxer but he is trained.

It looked like someone spent 20 minutes showing Nate Robinson how to punch them sent him in the ring.

Paul isn’t beating a “real” boxer

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I don’t know how boxing works money wise, but I saw that the “disclosed” purse for that fight was $600 and it’s like dude...why. You made like 30 million dollars in the nba you don’t need to do this

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    I don’t know how boxing works money wise, but I saw that the “disclosed” purse for that fight was $600 and it’s like dude...why. You made like 30 million dollars in the nba you don’t need to do this

I’m willing to bet he gets a cut off the PPV money

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    You might not have known Paul was also legit training and thought it was just a chance to punch him up

Is this the less bad or most bad Paul

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Yeah. He’s not a great boxer but he is trained.

It looked like someone spent 20 minutes showing Nate Robinson how to punch them sent him in the ring.

Paul isn’t beating a “real” boxer

I wonder if Reyes Boxing who 'trained' Nate is sad they let Nate wear a mask with their name on it after that showing.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    You might not have known Paul was also legit training and thought it was just a chance to punch him up

This is the one that was looting during protests, not the one filming dead bodies and making suicide jokes.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

This is the one that was looting during protests, not the one filming dead bodies and making suicide jokes.

Pretty sure those are the same Paul, which is also the boxer. His brother has seemingly reformed a bit, though its possible he's being graded on an incredibly generous curve.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Jake Paul is the Covid-19 denier who filmed looters and fought KSI's younger brother Deji on the undercard of Logan Paul v. KSI (and Nate Robinson this time around), Logan Paul is the one who filmed a dead body in Japan and, you know, fought KSI.

They're both shit.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    From what I’ve read Jake is EXTRA shit though.

• Options
    yeah, I don't mean to say Logan Paul isn't terrible, he's just shown the ability to learn when not to be a complete shithead in public at any opportunity

• Options
    Logan is older. No matter how much of a dipshit you are you usually figure out how and when to control it when you get a little bit older at least.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    nba twitter is fucking ruthless, it rules

• Options
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30423783/once-healthy-real-zion-williamson-show-up

Uh oh! Watch out everyone! Once Zion gets healthy from his brutal schedule of 24 games in like 20 months, he's going to be a real beast! It's almost like Zion Williamson isn't so much a basketball player, as he is an endless anti-joke from the galactic cosmo-lord of hoop.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    At one point it looked like Joel Embiid may never play and now he's pretty fucking good so I think your bizarre obsession with Zion missing a few games so far to be premature.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    But Joel Embiid was actually injured. Zion is just, in general, not fit to play basketball.

But mostly, I just hated that the Pelicans would always sit him while saying he's perfectly healthy. I dont like the idea that someone can somehow be too valuable as an asset to actually function as a basketball player. Its just very anti-fan, to me.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    burbo wrote: »
    But Joel Embiid was actually injured. Zion is just, in general, not fit to play basketball.

But mostly, I just hated that the Pelicans would always sit him while saying he's perfectly healthy. I dont like the idea that someone can somehow be too valuable as an asset to actually function as a basketball player. Its just very anti-fan, to me.

???

SirToasty on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I dunno. I think most 19 year olds rehabbing a severe knee injury probably wouldn't be in the best shape.

I don't think the team is did him any favors with how they handled the bubble either. They seem like a terribly run organization.

Maximum on
  • Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    burbo wrote: »

???

Its because the Pelicans organization is always saying shit like "Oh man, look out for Zion now, hes completely rebuilt, he looks amazing, and he's in godlike shape". Then they put him on like 12 minute restriction limit.

The annoyance isn't with Zion the human, or even really Zion the player. Specifically because he isn't so much a basketball player as he is the world's most elaborate sneaker company bait and switch.

• Options
    That sounds like the org is handling his conditioning poorly rather than him being unfit for basketball.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    Am I missing something or did Washington get fleeced?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

will James Harden stay to play with John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins

• Options
    Harden isn't going anywhere yet. Houston has two full years to wait for a king's ransom. Makes sense to retool and keep trying until that happens.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    nba twitter is fucking ruthless, it rules

On days like today, it really doesn't get any better.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Am I missing something or did Washington get fleeced?

You are not missing anything. Washington seems to think they can actually compete for a championship. They are, unfortunately, sorely mistaken.

• Options
    Nice, Westbrook gets to be 2nd fiddle to Bradley Beal

• Options
    I guess whether Washington got fleeced depends on if you think Westbrook is worth whichever 1st round pick they gave up, because Wall is probably not good any more and that plus his contract made him pretty much unmovable, unless part of a trade for another franchise-killing deal like Russ’s

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I’m sure a Wizards center can box out so Westbrook can get the rebounds almost as well as Adams did.

• Options
    the Wizards are Bertans team now

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Westbrook getting sent to the Siberia of NBA made my day.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

will James Harden stay to play with John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins

Wait - when did Cousins go to the Rockets? Wasn't he with the Lakers?

• Options
    Cousins signed a veteran minimum last week I think

Houston Wildcats

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular

I find myself VERY pro-4-pt line right now.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
This discussion has been closed.