Options

C'mon chummers we're going on a Shadow[chat]

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Going to be a bit worse now, Corona is a more legit reason for supply lines to be troubled

You’d think it would be Tsingtao

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Speaking of console launches,

Has google made any movement with Stadia or was throwing a not-quite-minimum viable product out and hoping it stuck the extent of their plan?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

Has google made any movement with Stadia or was throwing a not-quite-minimum viable product out and hoping it stuck the extent of their plan?

Pretty sure it's basically abandoned at this point.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Elldren wrote: »

they have said 120 games by the end of the year and yet only announced one new one since launch.

EDIT I lied it was actually 5

https://www.engadget.com/2020/02/13/stadia-games-panzer-dragoon-serious-sam-indies/

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Other notes

Corona virus hasnt been an issue with production (yet?)

They are spending a "few dollars per unit" on cooling as opposed to less then a dollar usually used by companies to make sure heat isn't an issue

In a holding pattern on price waiting for MS to say theirs first

"There is pressure from CFO Totoki for Sony to provide more transparency and information in the buildup to the PS5’s release, which has caused some consternation internally."

Nor will it be.

It's essentially a bad flu. It's something for the media to talk about much like SARS.

Is it potentially deadly? Yes, of course! It's a really bad virus and precautions should be taken!

But the whole "Oh my god what if it mutates into a hemorrhagic fever nightmare that transmissible by eye contact the world is ending!" thing is frankly getting old.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Other notes

They are spending a "few dollars per unit" on cooling as opposed to less then a dollar usually used by companies to make sure heat isn't an issue

"There is pressure from CFO Totoki for Sony to provide more transparency and information in the buildup to the PS5’s release, which has caused some consternation internally."

Nor will it be.

It's essentially a bad flu. It's something for the media to talk about much like SARS.

Is it potentially deadly? Yes, of course! It's a really bad virus and precautions should be taken!

But the whole "Oh my god what if it mutates into a hemorrhagic fever nightmare that transmissible by eye contact the world is ending!" thing is frankly getting old.

Disagree? Like its not guaranteed either way.

Both the Switch Outer Worlds port and Asian shipments of the Animal Crossing Switch hardware were affected by it so its possible console production for others could be as well.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Huh Bloomberg is reporting the BOM for the PS5 is $450 US and they had to cut features out of the new camera cause of DRAM and NAND shortages

Why should we care about a camera?

I’m being serious. It’s the peripheral we’ve had for four generations now and we still don’t know what to do with it. It’s one rung above the Vitality Sensor in terms of utility and demand.

I think PSVR uses it

So I guess the people who are worried that their headset will no longer work

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Other notes

Nor will it be.

Disagree?

Both the Switch Outer Worlds port and Asian shipments of the Animal Crossing Switch hardware were affected by it

Because it's smart to be cautious.

The mistake isn't with being cautious.

It's with the media selling it like a potential end civilization. It's not. It's something that needs to be taken seriously but not breathlessly analyzed on a day to day basis to drum up ratings.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    ctqzk5hwfzqc.jpg

A white-haired goblin-man riding a flaming skateboard while scratching a record and shooting a slingshot evading aliens wearing backwards baseball caps.

I can't find any flaws with this. This is the perfect advertisement.

Okay, so

I looked up a speed run of this game, out of curiousity, and apparently the final boss involves beating an alien overlord in a DJ mix off. When you defeat him, the wreckage of his spaceship is transformed into a skate park.

This is it. We've found peak 90s.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    2gso4mqjzae7.jpeg

morning

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    2gso4mqjzae7.jpeg

morning

I'm afraid I'm going to need at least 200 specimens in order to determine if that's correct.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    mojo please continue to fill your workplace with brainless hotties so that we can hear the great stories about them trying to microwave ramen noodles or whatever brainless hotties struggle with

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Finished week 3 of stronglifts 5x5

Lifting rules

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Palmer Luckey claims he has the largest video game collection and in "the most advanced videogame storage facility ever"

this actually annoys me cause there are better people he could be helping do this outher then his own vanity project

and thats if he isnt just bullshitting

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Palmer Luckey claims he has the largest video game collection and in "the most advanced videogame storage facility ever"

this actually annoys me cause there are better people he could be helping do this outher then his own vanity project

Who's Palmer Luckey again? Is he the Occulus CEO?

• Options

He was? I forget if he eventually left but yeah hes the Alt right asshole who founded Occulus and was secretly funding alt right people

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

He was? I forget if he eventually left but yeah hes the Alt right asshole who founded Occulus and was secretly funding alt right people

oh.

oh that's bad.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    He also paid for "Jail Hillary" billboards out of his own pocket....

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hello in demand people.

I can't say too much, but yes there have already been supply shortages because of the Corona beer virus.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    It's not a huge secret. Some of the phone factories are in quarantine zones.

Corona may not be super lethal, but it would've been nice to stop a new 2-4% lethality virus before it spreads. This may have already failed, at which point we're looking at vaccines etcet.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Maybe dudes getting hundreds of millions of dollars in their 20s isn't a great idea if you want them to develop a healthy understanding of society.

• Options
    Slightly disappointed none of you enjoyed my joke

In you

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Maybe dudes getting hundreds of millions of dollars in their 20s isn't a great idea if you want them to develop a healthy understanding of society.

Notch was in his 30's and still turned out to be a colossal asshole

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    There's already been shortages of medical masks in Australia because guess where most of those are made?

Cascade failures in complex systems are marvelous things to behold.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    mojo please continue to fill your workplace with brainless hotties so that we can hear the great stories about them trying to microwave ramen noodles or whatever brainless hotties struggle with

Apparently this was an actual problem another part of the business had. The head of that group only hired attractive new graduate ladies regardless of their background or suitability. The twist is that he somehow kept it working successfully until he left and a successor stepped in from elsewhere.

Which probably sums up the value of most management consultancy

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Apparently this was an actual problem another part of the business had. The head of that group only hired attractive new graduate ladies regardless of their background or suitability. The twist is that he somehow kept it working successfully until he left and a successor stepped in from elsewhere.

I was once in a department where the chair hired secretaries from the bar he went to. Very big ..... brains on them.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i mean why even bother being in management if you can't hire the hottest dimwits you can find

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

I was once in a department where the chair hired secretaries from the bar he went to. Very big ..... brains on them.

was it some kind of molecular gastronomy bar

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

was it some kind of molecular gastronomy bar

Phrenology bar

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Great big...huge...tracks of land.

• Options
    Guest comes down

oh so the guy with the muddy boots is gone?

heh yeah I guess

well if I could of figured out what room he was in I would of collected all that mud and put in in front of his door.

like dude what the fuck did you expect me to reply to that with? You don't clean the floors sorry the construction workers work in mud? like they are the bulk of our business this time of year?

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The thing I like most about that map is the long northgoing corridors of Texas and that other place I don't recognize.

That seems like the sort of fucked up thing that could have happened.

Honestly didn't the original colonies specify like "also everything to our west is also Virginia" or some shit.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    A second Ohio purely out of spite.

• Options
    Chile is the winner in all of this, I think.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Chile is a defunct formality that defined the danger area in which everyone can go weapons free when Kaiju are approaching

Think of it as a memorial

Tumin on
  • Options
    Fourth or fifth time I've seen it and it's still enjoyable.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    It’s going to keep getting posted forever.

Good morning

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The woman behind the Guy in Your MFA posted a criticism of South Park and it’s fans has responded in a predictable ghoulish way

If anyone is looking for a portal to the abyss, that’s a pretty good thread to look at

This discussion has been closed.