Options

C'mon chummers we're going on a Shadow[chat]

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Running through the Outer Worlds and hoovering up everything is making me encumbered, so I need to figure out what’s good to keep and sell, or upgrade.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    ey89l7wxlpra.jpeg

Do you think he does parties

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Ive been meaning to get more into more into AoS after I finish this admech knights army but I still need to pick a faction

Honestly I like it better. I'm really bored of how all the games I've played of 40k are... really static. People set up units, theres some movement to objectives, mostly through deep striking, models sit still and shoot at things

It might just be a consequence of the army I play but Sigmar is more active, it feels like.

Also warcry and killteam are more fun than either

Yeah i play mostly kill team still. Thinking probably nighthaunt because itll be summer by then and theyll be good with my new airbrush

Ooo Nighthaunt is fun! My wife plays them! They have crazy mobility and never die, but they hit like a wet paper bag....

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I've actually never beaten her army, because she can just cover so much board space so fast that she grabs all the objectives and holds them until the game ends whike refusing to die

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i should play a new video game

i should buy a new video game

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/234756/wolcen-out-of-ea-today-2-13-servers-come-later/p1

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Elki wrote: »
    Running through the Outer Worlds and hoovering up everything is making me encumbered, so I need to figure out what’s good to keep and sell, or upgrade.

Scrap or sell anything that’s not your strongest weapon of each damage type.

Most armor is scrap or sell. Same with most food and drugs.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »
    Also guys I'm inching ever closer to writing a Lancer campaign.

Like I have two days off in a row next week I might at least rough draft it.

Batsignal me if you might be interested.

@Alazull Heyyyy! I'm running a Lancer campaign on Twitch every wednesday! I've made a thread in Critical Failures about it where I've been recapping it (and I put all the episodes on youtube). I would like to hear more about your campaign!

• Options
    When I was in college there was a dude who advertised his one man sex show in the student newspaper. He'd get booked for sorority parties and jerk off in front of everyone. I think after word got out he even wrote a letter to the newspaper explaining that the show wasnt just about him jerking off in front of people, it was performance art.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh4aWZRtTwU

Brown. It doesn't exist. It's just dark orange.

jeez, spoilers, I was gonna watch that tomorrow!

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

It's ok, I was lying, brown actually does exist, because we say it does. You, me, all of us, we control the existence of brown. It is at our mercy. We can make it do whatever we want to, like that weird kid in high school who'd eat gum off the bottom of a desk for a dollar.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

It's ok, I was lying, brown actually does exist, because we say it does. You, me, all of us, we control the existence of brown. It is at our mercy. We can make it do whatever we want to, like that weird kid in high school who'd eat gum off the bottom of a desk for a dollar.

Can you smoke brown? No?

Idk if it exists mannnnn

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Really though I saw it was a 20 minute video on brown and thought "There's no way I'm watching a 20 minute video about brown" then I watched a 20 minute video about brown.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    And then I realized I actually watched a 20 minute video about dark orange.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Technology Connections is legit my favorite channel on Youtube. His series on CRT television is amazing and is the reason I now own two Trinitron televisions.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    eh politics adjacent

Tumin on
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    When I was in college there was a dude who advertised his one man sex show in the student newspaper. He'd get booked for sorority parties and jerk off in front of everyone. I think after word got out he even wrote a letter to the newspaper explaining that the show wasnt just about him jerking off in front of people, it was performance art.

hmm was he hot

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Really though I saw it was a 20 minute video on brown and thought "There's no way I'm watching a 20 minute video about brown" then I watched a 20 minute video about brown.

Color is weird and interesting. I am partially color blind and needed to learn a bit about how color works and is seen to properly convey the idea partial color blindness is a real thing and not me just being dumb about colors.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Ive been meaning to get more into more into AoS after I finish this admech knights army but I still need to pick a faction

Honestly I like it better. I'm really bored of how all the games I've played of 40k are... really static. People set up units, theres some movement to objectives, mostly through deep striking, models sit still and shoot at things

It might just be a consequence of the army I play but Sigmar is more active, it feels like.

Also warcry and killteam are more fun than either

Yeah i play mostly kill team still. Thinking probably nighthaunt because itll be summer by then and theyll be good with my new airbrush

I play Nighthaunt. They're fun and the models are gooooorrrrrrgeeeeousssss, but the army is a little on the weak side, currently. It shouldn't be TOO long till they get an update. With Seraphon announced, the only books that are older are Daughters of Khaine and Idoneth Deepkin.

• Options
    There’s a guy at my we work who is the spitting image of you quarter and I do a double take every time I see him

• Options
    There’s a guy at my we work who is the spitting image of you quarter and I do a double take every time I see him

So you're saying I should messily devour his heart and steal his vitality?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Alazull from what I gather listening to Jordan Wiesman, Battletech is on hold for now with the two other games as the focus. Just they aren't saying what outside they let slip one at least is turn based.

Battletech now compared to launch are like different games. It is so good. I highly recommend the flashpoint stuff. All the new mechs are great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    @Feral uhhh.... and @othermagicfolk

My new job has a fairly high concentration of folks who play magic casually. So, I'm going to kinda jump back in a little. They seemed to be okay with whatever. I'm looking at silly dredge deck for lols, and a fun little infect deck I used to like. But, I should probably have things that are fun and not solitaire. I'm kinda looking for ideas for interactive, fair feeling, reasonably inexpensive decks, which would be at least moderately competitive in a say, kitchen table meta, or whatever?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Oops I’m awake still and sick

I wonder what the last decade of my life would’ve been like if I had just like gotten myself a better space to sleep in and prioritized that, and not been scared or lazy about spending the money and effort

Certainly I’d probably have been more happy, healthy, fit, productive, successful at my job, never f’d up my ears, live longer, etc etc

Hindsight’s a motherfucker
    (Tho people close to me told me this but still)

But new apartment soon at least
    Maybe it will help going forward even if I can’t undo all the bad things

Also I did v bad at my job this last year but I still have my job so that’s good

poo
  • Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »

Is that how this works

Someone sent me a picture of my doppelgänger today

Do I need to hunt him down

poo
  • Options
    Goodnight

Here’s some quality TikTok content for you before I go

https://vm.tiktok.com/qH67Hr/

poo
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Alazull from what I gather listening to Jordan Wiesman, Battletech is on hold for now with the two other games as the focus. Just they aren't saying what outside they let slip one at least is turn based.

Battletech now compared to launch are like different games. It is so good. I highly recommend the flashpoint stuff. All the new mechs are great.

@Mazzyx I'm playing through a lot of it right now.

I love it, but it is definitely a game that needs a lot of work.

On the technical issue side I'm really getting tired of an objective completing and that giving the enemy a free move before starting a new combat round. Literally almost got my Atlas cored because three Mediums got behind it thanks to this and got to attack with no response despite being dead-to-rights beforehand.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

hmm was he hot
    I have no idea what he looked like, but the scuttlebutt was he had a stumpy dick.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    If I do a WH40K army I'm going to go AdMech or Dark Elda

*NUNS WITH GUNS*

OH

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »

Is that how this works

Someone sent me a picture of my doppelgänger today

Do I need to hunt him down

Don't be ridiculous Shaz.

You can pay someone else to hunt him down.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    dang that looked smaller on mobile

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    this Wolcen game looks like a rad ARPG but man it seems like its quite unpolished

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Decided to try Dark Souls 3 today (note: I played a few hours of DS1 but didn't really get into it)

Holy shit this is a good game. Just beat Crystal Sage, I'm lvl 36 and my build is really starting to feel good (pure DEX)

I will say it took me some time to get used to the roll (and how it seems to queue if you spam it) but after that the mechanics felt like butter

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I will say it took me some time to get used to the roll (and how it seems to queue if you spam it)
    Yeah, inputs in general will buffer a lot and there's not really any way to cancel them, so you have to be careful not to button mash. Like, you can buffer rolls during attacks, you can buffer an attack during rolls, you can buffer either while in the animation of blocking a hit; most actions can be buffered during most other actions.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    this Wolcen game looks like a rad ARPG but man it seems like its quite unpolished

Is p good but getting into online at the moment is still a struggle so haven't played that much. I can get in regularly now but it keeps connecting me to servers in Dublin and Frankfurt which is absurd. It's too late to get it at pre-release price anymore anyway so I'd recommend waiting a week or so and seeing how things are then.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

Is p good but getting into online at the moment is still a struggle so haven't played that much. I can get in regularly now but it keeps connecting me to servers in Dublin and Frankfurt which is absurd. It's too late to get it at pre-release price anymore anyway so I'd recommend waiting a week or so and seeing how things are then.

Yeah im going to wait till my holidays next month to see how it pans out.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Oh also running it through proton is fucking great. Solid performance. Everything graphics is perfect except the player character's hair is a giant sphere.
    crd35fme54vu.jpg

I love it.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Oh also running it through proton is fucking great. Solid performance. Everything graphics is perfect except the player character's hair is a giant sphere.
    crd35fme54vu.jpg

I love it.

Seeing it on my phone I thought it was a stylish back view with fashionable umbrellas.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If I do a WH40K army I'm going to go AdMech or Dark Elda

*NUNS WITH GUNS*

OH

I want sister so fucking bad

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    kjnfdgijmno5.jpg

guess who finally caught 'em all?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    kjnfdgijmno5.jpg

guess who finally caught 'em all?

Gary Oak?

This discussion has been closed.