As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. So I have 3000 gems left over from my gem buying days.

I had planned at first to do an aasb selection, then changed to the G2 chain selection, and finally to two half price fest banner pulls.

Now I'm kind of wrapping back around to an aasb selection; specifically Kelger, whose Glint I possess. Since Ramuh is my stonewall, and two half price fest banners might not change anything for any 6* magicite, the sure (?) thing might be best over quantity.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Re: fest banners. I am going to go hard on the next VIII event, which should be shortly after fest is over. It's pretty ridiculous, better and more focused than the fest banners:

Syncs: Squall, Rinoa
    Awakenings: Kiros, Ward, Laguna, Rinoa
    AOSB: Laguna
    USBs: Kiros, Ward
    Glint+: Squall, Rinoa, Laguna
    LMR: Kiros, Ward

All of the Awakenings and USBs grant ice aura, the syncs both provide three levels of stacked ice aura, the Glint+ all provide a level of stacking ice. For bonus, Kiros can equally well do Dark damage and Ward can also do Water or Earth damage competently.

The drawbacks are that Kiros and Ward are characters that don't ever get updated, and you have to accept a one turn delay to get their element auras after every SB. Still, even if you decide those two are complete garbage, the Squall, Rinoa, and Laguna stuff is all great.

edit: Kiros and Ward ultras provide stacking element auras, which does a lot to offset the pain of the element aura being delayed a turn

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Isn't this the one where Laguna is some random non ice element?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Isn't this the one where Laguna is some random non ice element?

Other than his ancient stuff, like an imperil lightning BSB, all of Laguna's stuff in the database is ice focused. His Awakening does both ice aura and imperil ice on cast, and also gets an extra 1 level of imperil ice after 3 turns

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think I'm doing that. I'm tempted to pull on the weird Earth Banner for another chance at a chain...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Not sure what I was thinking of then. I have that BSB though.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

Probably thinking about Noel, who gets water stuff this fest despite having none at any point. It was presumably to follow Serah getting water stuff in the summer/beach event that we skipped.

E:
    I was thinking I had 100 mythril reserved for the FF8 event, but with Rinoa's sync, Seifer's AASB, and planning on taking Squall's AASB for the freebie, I feel like I'm already pretty damn powerful in 8 and should focus somewhere else. I've been avoiding thinking about things until after the megadraws though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Probably thinking about Noel, who gets water stuff this fest despite having none at any point. It was presumably to follow Serah getting water stuff in the summer/beach event that we skipped.

E:
    I was thinking I had 100 mythril reserved for the FF8 event, but with Rinoa's sync, Seifer's AASB, and planning on taking Squall's AASB for the freebie, I feel like I'm already pretty damn powerful in 8 and should focus somewhere else. I've been avoiding thinking about things until after the megadraws though.

Yup I completely forgot we get more tickets from that Anniversary Banner.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. So I have 3000 gems left over from my gem buying days.

I had planned at first to do an aasb selection, then changed to the G2 chain selection, and finally to two half price fest banner pulls.

Now I'm kind of wrapping back around to an aasb selection; specifically Kelger, whose Glint I possess. Since Ramuh is my stonewall, and two half price fest banners might not change anything for any 6* magicite, the sure (?) thing might be best over quantity.

Hmm, looks like this can't work; Kelger aasb isn't selectable until next fest.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I think I'm picking up Ingus from the free set (I have nothing on him and it just makes sense). Sure I could use Seph's AOSB but I actually have a 2 Phys Dark AASBs. I think I might use my 100 mythril either on Tidus to pair with his Glint or maybe grab Elarra's and be done with that. The only monkey wrench on that plan is that I already have Leo's Glint and AASB. So I wouldn't be able to run Gaia Force on both of them.

Edit: Or! Use the 100 Mythril and Grab Tifa's AASB. I've got her 2 USBs, her AOSB and her 2 glints (which suck for Ramuh). And then use the set for Tidus.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Turns out doing 14 magicite a week is easy when you're trying to grind inheritance.

• Options
    Upcoming free draws of many kinds:

We're getting a free 11 draw with G5, after which you can select a set of AASB/AOSB/LMR.

We're getting a login bonus with 5 tickets over 9 days for a special banner with 10 draws with G6, and up to 5 extra tickets depending on how long you've played the game (1/300/700/1200/1700 days). JP got an 11th ticket for some tie-in internet campaign, but I doubt we get that, per normal.

We're getting a normal 14 item banner which, if you draw twice on it, you can select a free AASB. (So not technically free, but guaranteed anything is pretty good).

If you're like me and haven't gotten anything helpful, there's still more opportunities for Chains/G+/AASB/etc.

Personally I'm going to do the free 11 draw, wait to do the 10 special ticket draws all at once, then my two draws on the AASB select, select my set of 3, and finish with my AASB select.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Turns out doing 14 magicite a week is easy when you're trying to grind inheritance.

I am close to needing to increase my vault size because it is full of phoenixes

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

I am close to needing to increase my vault size because it is full of phoenixes

You can combine them without leveling, and store them that way. And you can always mulch level 1 magicite for inheritance XP (so much inheritance required for 6* magicite), that's what I have been doing

• Options
    btw I'm copying this from reddit because lol I chuckled but it's true:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/fo686f/obligatory_100_mythril_aasb_select_tier_list_qa/

regarding the AASBs you can select:
    c6doidwqnj3s.png

• Options
    3/11!

Dupe Prompto. Not a good start
    Gogo! I think this gives me a viable Ifrit team between this, since I've got the magic water chain (and not physical), and Meia Awakening, too.
    Vaan...whoo? Kinda sucks to get the awakening on a person who has literally no en-element :P

• Options
    2/11

Rinoa AASB dupe (Earth)
    Garnet AASB

Would've been great if I didn't have Leviathan all finished!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    who tf is serafie and why did i get an awakening relic for her from the lucky draw
    luckily, yuna got one too and i know her

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    She's from WoFF.

Looks like it's magic wind radiant, which isn't bad?

• Options
    who tf is serafie and why did i get an awakening relic for her from the lucky draw
    luckily, yuna got one too and i know her

I've been asking that about all the characters for the last 3 years ;)

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    So... where are the banners?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    So... where are the banners?

I've been looking all around reddit and gamefaqs, I thought for sure they had dropped when the event dropped.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    OMG....OMG.
    pv2p3dia8iuw.png

Be still my heart...it could be a trap.
    06bme0vjog81.png

This...changes things. A lot!

• Options
    2/11
    Eiko AASB
    Rinoa AASB ice
    I'm not sure if this helps me at all but at least they aren't dupes.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Hybrid fire, magic fire, healing, magic lightning, physical lightning? Yeah, that's solid.

• Options
    OMG....OMG.
    pv2p3dia8iuw.png

06bme0vjog81.png

How do you keep winning this game?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Banners are apparently here:

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/5th Anniversary Celebration#phase1

They seem completely unchanged from Japan's.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Well...relevant Earth tech.

Maria AASB, AOSB, USB, BSB, en LMR
    Rinoa SASB, AOSB, BUSB
    Rydia AASB, BSB
    Tellah AASB

Now why this is important? Because Tellah is the other magic Earth Chain holder in this banner. Do I dare to pull?

Relevant Fire Tech!

Magic

Terra AASB, AOSB, BSB
    Vincent AASB, USB, BSB, CSB
    edit: Ace AASB, USB of course lol
    Krile USB and Chain I guess lol
    Vivi USB OSB

Physical

Ignis USB (for speed up!)
    Balthier USB (enFire and Imperil!)
    Gilgamesh CSB, enFire USB, AOSB
    Squall (yes!) USB3, BUSB, BSB (yes all his fire tech don't ask me how)
    Bartz AASB, USB1 and well I could lens his BSB

I'm...not sure which team is better for Shiva right now tho.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Got 3.

Dorgann: pretty nice, though he needs his USB to go with it. Gonna have to see how he stacks up against Ingus, or if I can do both in one team for Ramuh.

Agrias: real nice. It combines Enholy and Imperil holy (the former on the entry, the latter on a chase), which suits her just fine. For most teams, she makes a real good pair with Orlandeau. For Diabolos, she’s now my first real choice for a physical team.

Marach: so damn close to being good. Imperils lighting on entry and makes his lighting magic cast instantly for the duration of the Awakening! If he could use Witch, that last one would be super amazing. Only one problem. It doesn’t give him Enlightning. And neither do any of his other soul breaks. He’s great for any lighting team except for a Leviathan team. Which is of course the only lighting team i need to build right now, lol. He does have an LMR for Aura at the start of a battle, but Leviathan does diffusion real early on.

Enlong on
  • Options
    OMG....OMG.
    pv2p3dia8iuw.png

06bme0vjog81.png

How do you keep winning this game?

I think you're right that overall...my pull luck hasn't been bad. Sure, I blew a ton of mythril on the Cloud SASB banner and came empty handed. But overall, I've gotten most of the stuff I wanted for my waifus. Yeah, lack of gen 2 Earth CSB still hurts but I can't complain.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Bleh. Dupe Tyro AASB.

• Options
    *looks at the cactaur equivalent*

So this is all-in on major arcana, right?

• Options
    Lulu, Noel, Alphinaud awakenings. All new. I am ok with this

• Options
    Huh. Missed that prompto awakening doesn't do enLit either. Hum. Great for imperil, crap for damage, I guess.

• Options
    :(

The Shadowsmith fight drops an all-resist accessory with +15 mag. An all-minor resist accessory. I was excited that maybe it would be moderate, but nah.

• Options
    Oh, god damn it. This shop for the cactuar things means I have to actually update my crystal tracker and find out what I actually need/want.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    3/11: Emperor, Clod of Darkness, Rydia. All new! It's magic time, baby!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Ugh, I'd forgotten how annoying that Sephiroth anniversary fest fight was. Multiple Dispels are incredibly annoying.

• Options
    One of these fest things, I think the Zeromus one, has two different versions of the final fight that give slightly different rewards. You can reset it if you've already activated some of them though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Holy crap, Transcendant Shadowsmith is somethin’ else. Everyone in that fight is tanky as shit.