As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    All at once LotRoP:
    Type-0: Ace BSB Instant party Blink isn't awful, but FFS rainbow
    FFT: Mustadio LMR (QC1 cycle on MCH) awful
    15: Ignis BSB dupe
    14: Minfilia USB kind of meh
    13: Sarah G+ good with her chain
    12: Penelo USB1 dupe
    11: Lion USB1 dupe
    10: Rikku USB2 dupe
    9: Steiner OSB
    8: Rinoa LMR dupe
    7: Shelke AASB... dupe. Thanks for reminding me of the Claire Sync I'll never get!
    6: Sabin OSB
    5: Dorgann AASB not bad to have, but I don't think this makes Ramuh possible
    4: Barbie USB serviceable
    3: Luneth G+ (QC DRG and DRG damage up) Yes it's free, but it's not super helpful.
    2: Firion OSB dupe
    1: Master Glint siiigh

5/17 rainbows, which is about on target.
    7/17 dupes, which isn't great

Basically only Sarah 13's Glint+ might help down the line?
    I'm so bummed Dorgann AASB doesn't help with anything.
    Barbie USB is an okay trick for my back pocket
    Luneth G+ is meh

Basically a giant pile of dupes and OSBs. I need Chains and Awakenings and Syncs, dammit! Now I'm miserable again. Thanks for twisting the knife per usual, gatcha.

E: And I still can't kill Ramuh! The game may be deciding I'm done for me.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is dorgan AASB that bad?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is dorgan AASB that bad?

Nah. He's a solid earth knight. Doesn't have a way to stack EnEarth, but a good USB, a dualcast LM2, enEarth on both USB and AASB, and all the other general things you want.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to ask for more than what Dorgann Awakening can do for you.

Happy to help brainstorm Ramuh teams. One other DPS Awakening (eg. Bartz) and a chain should be enough DPS, just have to figure out survival from there

Fry on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Is dorgan AASB that bad?

It's fine, but I've already poured Mythril at the Earth Fat Bird and the Earth pick up, so I have a few earth AASBs already, just no way to stack En-Element.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, got my last Ramuh and did one more elemental ticket draw, chalking my last one up to hubris.

1/11 dupe King USB.

WHELP. not doing that again.

• Options
    Did the lucky done empowered infusion matters.

2/11 one disco
    Dupe Squall enFire LMR
    Dagger G+ - 2 SB

G+ is nice, but all I've got for her are her bursts.

• Options
    LMR/Glint Lucky draw:

2/11, both rainbows :sad:

Machina EnEarth dupe
    Terra EnWind LMR

And now I'm ever sadder.

• Options
    Oof.

2/11, Ysayle LMR dupe and Shantotto glint dupe.

Talk about a double double whammy of garbage.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Fucking double 5*. I didn’t even let it finish because who cares.

Edit: apparently it’s not 8% 6*, it’s proportional to the items, 6* rate is like 2%. This is the biggest trap banner ever and I’m furious at dena.

Don’t pull on this draw.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Fucking double 5*. I didn’t even let it finish because who cares.

Edit: apparently it’s not 8% 6*, it’s proportional to the items, 6* rate is like 2%. This is the biggest trap banner ever and I’m furious at dena.

Don’t pull on this draw.

Wait what. It was 8% 6* last time, why would they make it so much worse.

• Options
    Jesus, that is a terrible rate, in game it says 1.72%

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I did alright on the lucky draw, got three 5s and one 6.

Maria LMR - Start battle with earth aura (+earth bracer)
    Refia LMR - Start battle with fire aura
    Echo LMR - Start battle with haste and one instant cast
    Mog G+ - Instant ProShellga plus 30% damage reduction barrier thing

All are new, and a +earth bracer is nice even if it is a 5 star armor. A little disappointed that the 6 star rate is so low, I guess they went with equal weight to every relic this time around? Oh well. Also I guess dupes now give lenses for record board abilities or something? I didn't get any dupes but a friend of mine did and mentioned that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Got a dupe Garland lmr and a Galuf Glint. Glint is usable at least.

• Options
    Managed an "auto" Mateus clear, but I had to babysit it, since it was very RNG dependent and by no means a sure thing. My physical fire game is awful, tbf.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Jesus, that is a terrible rate, in game it says 1.72%

Ooooooof. Yeah, that's fucking vicious and irritating. Wish I had known that or I wouldn't have pulled!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's pretty hard to ask for more than what Dorgann Awakening can do for you.

Happy to help brainstorm Ramuh teams. One other DPS Awakening (eg. Bartz) and a chain should be enough DPS, just have to figure out survival from there

I've got Bartz, Elarra everything and tyro everything sans AASB. Galuf chain but none of his useful stuff other then imperil BSB. Ramuh sounds worse than titan though which is what scares me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

I appreciate the offer, but my problem is lack of mental capacity. I can't do a minute long clear that takes 25-30 minutes IRL, as I will invariably make a mistake, and I don't have hours and hours to practice. So I have to wait for Empowered Infusion to clear any more 6*.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I'm glad I looked at this thread before thinking about the lucky draw. That is a terribad rate.

• Options
    I keep going back to Fury's Roar transcendent and the timing on that thing is such a pain.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lolwut? The FFVI event names the Guard Leader fight “Imperial Assassin”.

Which is wrong in every respect. That dude is a member of Narshe’s Guard, and attacks Terra for being an Imperial soldier.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Haaah. I really should be gathering mythril for the upcoming draws (Awakening lucky and 100 for an awakening selection especially), but I’m just not often in the mood to do a bunch of realm dungeons, and needing to grind is exactly the wrong way to do record dungeons.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Nooooooooo way in hell I'm touching this with actual mythril.

But a sim pull was 1/11 CoD AOSB, so that's about what I expected.

E: And man, still no banners?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yeah this one should be avoided

....I pulled anyway, lol balthier dupe.

• Options
    Raines AOSB. I don't have anyway to Infuse Raines, but in a vacuum this isn't bad.

• Options
    I am going to preemptively forget shiva exists...

Shiva (Physical Team):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGgnbkHxkxg

Go ahead and defend throughout Phase 1 to build full bars, she is very tame then.
    But be aware of Sleep & Stop.
    The former will start targeting your DPS when you get bursting, the latter may screw you if you are saving En-Fire SBs.

Fight turns 180 and warps you to deep hell once Phase 2 starts.
    Fire-weak bosses have a track record of being piss easy no matter how strong they seem to be, because Fire is one of the strongest element.
    But Shiva tests whether if you really have what it takes. Is your Fire truly that strong or are you in plain overconfident.

Shiva is the bulkiest 6* Magicite boss. Also the bulkiest boss in the game's history until FFV Phantasm Azulmagia.
    Besides having one of the tankiest Savage Modes, Ice Walls also contribute significantly to her bulk.
    Let's go through what happens at the start of Phase 2 & 3.

3 Ice Walls appear and Shiva gains 10% Fire Resistance.
    She also self buffs her defenses even more with Frigid Crystal then Artic's Protection.

If you ignore Ice Wall, Curada gives Shiva another 30% Fire Resistance.
    By Phase 2 Turn 9 she will hit max stack, and 4 of those 9 turns are instant.
    Your Imperil Fire has to be beyond godly to catch up then, especially when more Curadas come every ~5 turns.
    Plus there are Stops in between so your Imperil user need to maintain En-Fire as well.
    Let's not forget that Curada heals her for 299997 HP each, and ignoring Ice Walls give Shiva another 150000 at Phase 3.
    In Phase 3 Shiva is smart enough to kill Ice Wall one by one so Diamond Dust (that comes every ~4 turns) can gradually nerf your Fire damage.

Or you can choose to defeat Ice Walls, but doing so causes Diamond Dust to debuff your Fire damage even more.
    Furthermore Ice Wall is 50% resistant to Fire, has 3 times more DEF/RES than Shiva, and can only be damaged with En-Fire.
    Shiva immediately gives Ice Wall another 30% Fire Resistance when summoned, bringing it to 80%.

Or you can choose to burst through Phase 2 before Turn 6 to avoid Curada.
    2 of those are instant and one of it is Stop.
    So it's essentially 4 turns to Dispel, apply En-Fire & deal 1 million damage to Shiva.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'm done with 6* Magicites. Just never going to be able to do that.

• Options
    Good news, all the Shiva-bait banners (Terra Sync, Noctis/Locke Sync, Fire Chocobo) will be gone before Shiva actually drops. So you can't even "emergency" pull if you find out you don't have enough. :X

Fire was actually one of my absolute worst elements for a long time, but over the last year I've assembled some decent stuff for it purely by accident (e.g. getting Jecht Awakening from a banner that was otherwise entirely Water stuff). I'll probably still throw a couple pulls at Noctis/Locke, and I'm probably taking the Terra set from the free AASB+AOSB+LMR pick.

• Options
    10 apology mythril for the lucky draw rate.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Terra's AOSB is only three hit. LMR and AASB are solid though.
    Ugh I am going to need to start a new 6*. Titan is almost full.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'm done with 6* Magicites. Just never going to be able to do that.

imho, it's definitely a you need to be this tall situation. Like @38thDoe showed, if you have the bare minimum the fight is even more complicated than your average FFXIV raid. But on the other hand, I've seen fights without Glint and just 3 AASBs + AOSBs not having to deal with ANY of the annoying mechanics. They definitely wanted to push people into buying the banners but IMHO I think they went a bit too far.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Each one feels like they felt the need to make it harder than the others Titan: kicks you out without enough DPS >Ramuh just kills you > Leviathan I guess is easier? > IFrit now deal with these pillars > Shiva okay how about you can't touch the pillars without en element? How about that?

Just calm down cows.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Each one feels like they felt the need to make it harder than the others Titan: kicks you out without enough DPS >Ramuh just kills you > Leviathan I guess is easier? > IFrit now deal with these pillars > Shiva okay how about you can't touch the pillars without en element? How about that?

Just calm down cows.

Oh, I've seen a clear where they basically ignore the pillars in Shiva and just nuke her. Using Bartz AASB, BSB and USB and no Sync. Again, it is possible. They kinda gave up for the last few magicites. I remember everyone was OMG, Alexander looks insane how can they clear it and TGCid just owned that fight. The answer in FFRK continues to be, have enough DPS so you don't really have to deal with annoying stuff.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

Just calm down cows.

Leviathan is "get people to make R3 Reraise that has never been useful before and will probably never be useful again"

I don't think I have seen a video where people intentionally attack Shiva's ice walls, and I've watched a few. I guess they're just there to absorb random Bartz hits and make the AOE samurai attack less good

Also you missed Valefor: how about if the boss hides until you deal with multiple waves of multiple targets

• Options
    Yeah, I mean, my Leviathan strategy was basically ignore all mechanics, just Nuke him before Doom kills me is definitely NOT the intended way. I mean, you can even cheese it a bit if you have Kain in the 1st spot and time it just right to avoid the Doom.

• Options
    Doom tries to trigger while jumping?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Doom tries to trigger while jumping?

You can avoid the big countdown reductions, especially in the physical version where they're one-slot instead of two. With those out of the picture, you just need to beat about a 40 second timer, which isn't bad since it doesn't strip enLit going into phase 3.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Hrm do we still not know what the festival banners will look like? I saw in the news that the draw twice and pick an awakening banner is going live soon, but nothing about the actual festival banners yet. I know they usually end up re-arranging them to be overall slightly worse, and I am really curious what approach they will take to do that this time. My money is on them spreading the banners out to five instead of four and filling the resulting gaps with stuff nobody wants.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There are a few different doom timer things going on in the Leviathan fight:

1) there's a move fairly early in phase 1 that sets the doom timer on Slot 1 (and also Slot 5, if you're doing mages) to 5. If the character is airborne, the attack misses and doesn't set the timer to 5

2) late-ish in phase 1, there's a move that sets the whole party's doom timer to 10. If you have blazing fast DPS, you can push to phase 2 before you see this. If not, you probably want to have reraise on everyone to recover from their inevitable demise (which will be two Leviathan-turns later, if you don't push the phase)

3) in phase 3, there are a series of three-slot attacks that reduce the target's doom timer. Hopefully you're chugging along well enough that you don't see enough of these to kill everyone.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Hrm do we still not know what the festival banners will look like? I saw in the news that the draw twice and pick an awakening banner is going live soon, but nothing about the actual festival banners yet. I know they usually end up re-arranging them to be overall slightly worse, and I am really curious what approach they will take to do that this time. My money is on them spreading the banners out to five instead of four and filling the resulting gaps with stuff nobody wants.

MVP letter only gave four banners, with the headliner sync relics the same as Japan. Could be a fifth, but only four like Japan announced so far.

This is likely to be a pretty weak set of banners though, aside from maybe the Noctis/Locke one. Soooo many relics are characters are flexing into secondary elements for the first time, so they have little or no existing support for them to fall back on if you only get one (or even two) of their relics. Even the fire banner has Sephiroth stinking up the joint, although he does have his ancient enFire he can use.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif