As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, serious question.

Is Kefka’s BSB2 (the dark one)... good? I’ve ignored it for the longest time, but it’s kinda looking nice these days. It has the same format as Squall’s BSB2; a 2-hit attack that builds up a status, and then an attack you can spam for 6 hits if you have 3 of that status. And people still sometimes swear by Squall’s BSB even now. I think it used to be that it was kinda hard for Kefka to build meter and to get to the payoff attack quickly, but with ACM more usable than ever, and good 6-star Dark spells, I’m kinda thinking I should give Kefka a try again. A spammable BSB attack is also good for a dude with an OSB to spam afterward.

He can hit 6x9999 vs Madeen, but I know that’s not as amazing as that used to be.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    ACM absolutely makes those build-up BSBs better, though I think the big complaint initially was that Kefka didn't have doublecast dark. If you have his doublecast dark LMR and ACM then yeah you're probably able to put it to pretty solid use.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ouch yeah that Zeromus fight was rough.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh neat, got Celes’s Arcane off of the ticket. Ice/Wind/Holy.

For most things, that’s real nice to have on a Chain user with a free Ace Striker effect.

For Valefor, though, she can’t get Enice, so oops. Still nice to have, even if Laguna’s the better pick for that particular fight.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Dupe Noel AASB, but also Kefka AASB off the ticket draw. I already had his doublecast LMR too so this is a good draw!

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

For most things, that’s real nice to have on a Chain user with a free Ace Striker effect.

For Valefor, though, she can’t get Enice, so oops. Still nice to have, even if Laguna’s the better pick for that particular fight.

She gets EnIce eventually I think?

• Options

She gets EnIce eventually I think?

Actually, she in fact has that as an option now, if one has her USB2. That one gives her Enice, and does the Marche thing where using Ice attacks speeds up physical actions for all front-row characters. If I were to get that thing, she’d really be in business. It’s not in the lens shop at the moment, though.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    3rd hornless usb dupe. oh well.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Ticket got me DVG (dupe), Cyan AOSB (+fire katana), and Setzer USB2 (+dark thrown). That last one may come in handy for Jecht and Shadow!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    1/10 Noel USB2.

Which is okay since I was going to need to use his BSB to re-enIce vs Valefor, so this is an improvement.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Eh, any suggestions with Zeromus? He seems so tanky...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    New stuff. Sice USB, Tidus Fire Glint (hopefully one day I'll get his Fire AASB) and Penelo dual cast White Magic Materia.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    New stuff. Sice USB, Tidus Fire Glint (hopefully one day I'll get his Fire AASB) and Penelo dual cast White Magic Materia.

Tidus has Fire stuff?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular

I found it more important to imperil than to en-element. The party I had that worked best had two characters with Imperil SBs to get the imperils stacked in a timely fashion. Obviously you want a chain, too.

And probably two healers, but not necessarily - some redditor posted a screenshot of a win where the initial bubble was still in place at the end, because Lightning Sync+Awakening killed it so fast, and Shelke Awakening's damage reduction shields kept the damage down. Crazy stuff

• Options

Tidus has Fire stuff?

WOOPS it was Squall lol.

• Options
    Syldra is still a massive PITA. News at 11.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah its great going back to some of these old magicite battles with all new equipment and 6 star magicite and .... just getting obliterated because bad phase skips and such.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I picked up the +speed node for Elarra, and that has ruined at least one of my auto-magicite teams :(

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

I found it more important to imperil than to en-element. The party I had that worked best had two characters with Imperil SBs to get the imperils stacked in a timely fashion. Obviously you want a chain, too.

And probably two healers, but not necessarily - some redditor posted a screenshot of a win where the initial bubble was still in place at the end, because Lightning Sync+Awakening killed it so fast, and Shelke Awakening's damage reduction shields kept the damage down. Crazy stuff

I ended up doing both with my auto-Quetz team, which is Galuf (CSB), Orlandeau (AASB/USB2), Aerith (AASB/USB2), Bartz (AASB/USB1/AOSB), and Tifa (AASB/USB2), plus a titan magicite. They weren't breaking the damage cap much, but they did build the chain enough to do decent enough damage. Galuf was switched over into healer for the no-buffs fight because Aerith had to spend a lot of time sitting on her turn so she could re-hastega. Ultra Cure was also needed instead of Curada for the Fell fight because of all the debuffs flying around. People brough Lifesiphon as their backup to use while blinded.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    2/10: Kefka AOSB, Lulu USB1.

I've got better Lulu tech but it's always nice to have extra. Kefka is worthless though since it's the only thing I've got for him.

• Options
    I did it with my Ifrit Team and Maser eye hit for 999999! I was surprised!
    But actually I did it with my Ifrit team and when the chain got to 251 we were cap breaking at imperil 6 even through pro/shell.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Yeah its great going back to some of these old magicite battles with all new equipment and 6 star magicite and .... just getting obliterated because bad phase skips and such.

That being said, a major part of it is that I’m trying for a 4 DPS team, and Elarra’s healing is kind of on a razor’s edge of being able to outpace Syldra without Entrust support.

Doesn’t help that I keep missing the timing with Celes to remove Haste after High Stakes, lol.

• Options
    Kefka AASB has a great animation. Starts out with the traditional laugh, then flies into the sky, gets the wings from his ultimate form and rains down the light of judgement, ending with him falling on his face after the last bolt.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    He does have a few really fun animations. Forsaken Null has him land flat on his back when the attack is done. And his OSB has him throw the god statues at the target, unleash a whole apocalypse on them, and then spit on them for good measure (the spit does the actual damage).

Edit:

Haha, oh wait. The Awakening is a repurposing of the animation for his old-ass Havoc Wing Soul Break. Presumably because the animation is way too good to languish as an old non-elemental unique.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCm3TOmjH5w&feature=emb_title

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ugh that fight is so annoying. It doesnt help that real world issues have me in a foul mood.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    He does have a few really fun animations. Forsaken Null has him land flat on his back when the attack is done. And his OSB has him throw the god statues at the target, unleash a whole apocalypse on them, and then spit on them for good measure (the spit does the actual damage).

Edit:

Haha, oh wait. The Awakening is a repurposing of the animation for his old-ass Havoc Wing Soul Break. Presumably because the animation is way too good to languish as an old non-elemental unique.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCm3TOmjH5w&feature=emb_title

Oh wow, it's almost exactly the same. I think the only difference is he drops on the mobs at the end for the AASB.

• Options
    The Awakening also adds the extra-big beam fired from his hands.

• Options
    Seemingly nobody here or on the Reddits having anything good to say about the next three months of banners is tempting me a bit to toss 100 mythril at the fest banner 1.

I'm 99% certain I have an Ifrit clear, so I don't strictly need the water stuff, but it would make things easier, especially Paine's CSB since I lack a gen 2 physical water one. Noel's g+ and AOSB would definitely be useful against Valefor, but his water tech are just straight up dead draws.

The real prizes would be for Torment 3.0 purposes. Onion Sync because my FF3 tech is meh and the only real strength at the moment is Ingus AASB, but with Desch's CSB, I could swing lightning and still use Voltech to benefit from the chain. I'm pretty good in FFX (Tidus and Wakka AASBs), but Rikku or Paine's tech would seal that up nicely. Quistis is... there too, I guess. She does have some synergy with Selphie's USB2 because it doesn't provide a direct heal, so keeping damage limited works great with it.

But like... the next three months of banners just looks fucking awful. Things pick up pretty sharply at FFT/FF1 right around/after next fest, but that could also be that they go back to protagonists getting stuff.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    There will always be better and more focused banners later, I am not planning far ahead for Torment 3.0 because there's plenty of banner creep between now and then.

I'm making an exception in planning for Shiva, because that's next month and all of the good banners for it will be gone before it arrives.

• Options
    Once you fall off the can defeat current content horse life is so much easier. Now I just need to fall off the cares about having a magicite to level with normal battles horse.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    There will always be better and more focused banners later, I am not planning far ahead for Torment 3.0 because there's plenty of banner creep between now and then.

I'm making an exception in planning for Shiva, because that's next month and all of the good banners for it will be gone before it arrives.

I have 600 mythril because the last three months have been pretty underwhelming too. FF8's banner is a solid one. There just aren't any others like it in elements or realms that are better fits for me.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    lol I wish Carbuncle would do this kind of damage in Vanadiel life.

https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11400600/20200326_O7VlKi5ei5Q.mp4

Well if Tidus can finally get Blitz Ace I figure Cloud can get Omnislash next year?

https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11000100/20200326_KvsKDBaCBBs.mp4

Also it looks so good! Too bad it isn't with Caladbolg tho.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
  • Options
    Zidane's is pretty ridiculous, with Instant ATB 3 and Zidane Trance (which grants instant cast). I am not sure what is especially noteworthy about Terra's.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Did my ticket draw earlier, got 2 disco balls that ended up being Lightning b-USB and Strago Arcane, both new. I guess the Lightning b-USB is an improvement over her Army of One USB as a backup to her Sync, and hey 10 more attack for my strongest character (by a huge margin). Strago on the other hand I think that is the only relic I have for him so that isn't very exciting currently, though that could change in the future. Still no awakenings from the tickets, not even a healer one!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    bUSB is great in a vacuum, but you'll probably get more out of the increased cast spead with USB1 as support for sync/awakening than the bUSB.

e: Strago's actually kinda great in a vacuum just because of his LM2, btw.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    lol I wish Carbuncle would do this kind of damage in Vanadiel life.

https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11400600/20200326_O7VlKi5ei5Q.mp4

Well if Tidus can finally get Blitz Ace I figure Cloud can get Omnislash next year?

https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11000100/20200326_KvsKDBaCBBs.mp4

Also it looks so good! Too bad it isn't with Caladbolg tho.

With this and the stuff he’s getting this fest, Alphinaud is fully leaning into what he does as a party member, rather than just showing off how a player-controlled Summoner works.

That new Sync appears to be a souped-up version of Moonstone Carbuncle’s Shining Moonstone. The sync commands look like Indomitibility/Succor, and some generic buff for the summon; possibly Rouse?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    bUSB is great in a vacuum, but you'll probably get more out of the increased cast spead with USB1 as support for sync/awakening than the bUSB.

e: Strago's actually kinda great in a vacuum just because of his LM2, btw.

My problem with Strago is that I kinda have too many good options for his LM slots.

Do I want healing and dualcast, healing and Enwater, or dualcast and Enwater? All three options are super good, but I feel like I’m losing out on something great with any of them.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I just alway pick healing and dualcast, the healing is too good not to take. You can just luck into not needing a healer for a fight at all with that lm2 and you hit hard enough with lunar leviatan anyway.

Maytag on