As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Well... Didn't get the Chain.

Dr Mog made an appearance during my pull tho! 😁

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    3/11 two discoes and a Halo
    Edea G+
    Edea CSB
    Rydia Sync

...magic Ramuh on the menu?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Did a couple

2/11: Yuffie Glint, Rydia Glint+.

Like, the bottom of the banner but infusions are still nice to have. Yuffie's being a switch, even better I guess

5/11: Vivi Glint, Vivi Arcane, Yuffie Arcane, Tellah Awakening, Yuffie Awakening

Welcome to Earth, Yuffie.

• Options
    I think I'm just gonna pull on Red XIII's banner and be done with Ramuh. First tho, I'm gonna try a run with Rude and just pull Elarra's BSB to get her Last Stand. See how far I can get. Hmm, is Wall necessary?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Ugh. Decided to toss 100 mythril at banner 1 because of previously mentioned reasoning.

1/11 - Quistis AASB

2/11 - Paine AASB, Noel LMR

Shitty karma better be building up to pay out with Noct/Locke.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Ugh. Decided to toss 100 mythril at banner 1 because of previously mentioned reasoning.

1/11 - Quistis AASB

Paine Awakening seems neat unless you’ve already got someone hogging all the water spellblades. .

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    2/11, both discos - Vivi AASB2, Yuffie AASB2! Sweet!

Yuffie's is definitely useful, but Vivi's is incredible. 50% chance to triplecast for a potential 300k/turn is awesome. I'd been looking for more magic ice/lightning support and that definitely does the job.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

1/11 - Quistis AASB

Paine Awakening seems neat unless you’ve already got someone hogging all the water spellblades. .

It'll be great for the Torment, but the package of effects like quick cast and crit fix? Any real water party, someone else is already supplying them, and she definitely doesn't make the cut for my water team(s). Also, I'd need to lens buy her USB because all I have for her otherwise is her hastega SSB.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    2/11, both discos - Vivi AASB2, Yuffie AASB2! Sweet!

Yuffie's is definitely useful, but Vivi's is incredible. 50% chance to triplecast for a potential 300k/turn is awesome. I'd been looking for more magic ice/lightning support and that definitely does the job.

Vivi AASB2 is that good? I got it too with Rydia's Sync but I really don't have much on the Magic Ice Department AASB.

Also GRAAAAAAAAAAH got Ramuh to 98% but I can't replicate it. UGH. Ended up picking up Rude's SSB that has Last Stand but that's just too much SB to manage and the timing is too tight. Should've picked up Elarra's. Well, I'm gonna wait until all the fest tickets are done before I do a frustration pull on Red's CSB or Elarra's BSB. I'm pretty sure if I grab Red's CSB and just swap Mog (Boostga) for Maria AASB/USB/BSB I'd be done with Ramuh.

Oh btw, I discovered something awful. Eh...Bubsys overwrite Sync Commands.

• Options

1/11 - Quistis AASB

It'll be great for the Torment, but the package of effects like quick cast and crit fix? Any real water party, someone else is already supplying them, and she definitely doesn't make the cut for my water team(s). Also, I'd need to lens buy her USB because all I have for her otherwise is her hastega SSB.

100% crit fix after a few turns, though? Unless you’re lucky enough to have Tyro’s USB4, or are feeding someone crit buffs with Ignis, that’s not a crit rate you usually get in a generic water party. And if you are using Ignis, someone with self-buffing with 100% crits means he can feed that dish to someone else.

• Options
    Got a 5* autobattle down to 15.26s, pretty sure luck would land on sub-15s.

• Options
    Eh? We have multiple festival banners live at the same time? That’s... new, yeah?

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Pulled Terra’s AASB2 recently giving me my first double break (ignoring Cloud and Seph), so I decided to go give Magic Titan a shot. I’ve already farmed physical, so this is just for the other rewards (and it turns out a second Titan, because it wasn’t bad).

Made it easily into phase three right off the bat, but wasted a pair of super meltdowns into walls. Another two attempts got the timings worked out and a rough sense of meter use. I took Elarra (Glint+, USB1, AASB [but wasn’t terribly needed]), Mog (AASB [possibly overkill]), Terra (AASB1, AASB2, Glint), Alphinaud (Chain, AASB, bUSB, Glint), and Ultimecia (bUSB, Burst, AOSB).

I’m pretty sure I could optimize things a bit better, juggling Alph’s meter is a pain, but I limped over the finish line with a little gas in the tank and a little time before the eject, so I’ll take it!

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    Eh? We have multiple festival banners live at the same time? That’s... new, yeah?

Yeah. The price to pay for no Banner 5.

• Options

1/11 - Quistis AASB

100% crit fix after a few turns, though? Unless you’re lucky enough to have Tyro’s USB4, or are feeding someone crit buffs with Ignis, that’s not a crit rate you usually get in a generic water party. And if you are using Ignis, someone with self-buffing with 100% crits means he can feed that dish to someone else.

Remember that the crit fix for these kinds of AASBs isn't a separate status like what Tyro, Ignis, or even OK gives. It's tied into the SB's status. It's not a 100% crit fix for 15 seconds or more. It's 0% for the first turn, 25 for the second, 50 for the third, 75 for the fourth, then 100 until it wears off... which is going to be like 1-2 turns later. You're only getting a couple turns of 100% crit out of it.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    For the Earth/Ice banner I figured a max of two draws, so here goes.

2 disco balls, no Dr. Mog. Rydia glint+ and Edea chain, both new! That's pretty solid, I don't have much for magical ice but I do have physical ice so not too shabby. I already had Rydia's old burst for Earth aura for her, but empowered aura for free with an instant cast is certainly better. Pretty nice, now for the second attempt.

Once again 2 disco balls, and look at that, Dr. Mog showed up! Excellent! So it ended up being Tellah's awakening and Rydia's sync, which is pretty fantastic I think. I have the freebie Earth chain for Rude, but nothing better than that. Still an enormous improvement over my previously very lackluster Earth options, with the best of them probably being Maria's ultra that gives her double cast or dual cast or whatever it is where it uses up a hone for the extra cast. Would have loved to get Tellah's new style chain, but two draws giving me a chain, an awakening and a sync + glint+ combo is perfectly fine.

So how do you get the stuff you need to exchange for the stuff you need to get the record board abilities? If it's just from summoning, well then that isn't going to happen any time soon. Maybe event rewards at some point?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So how do you get the stuff you need to exchange for the stuff you need to get the record board abilities? If it's just from summoning, well then that isn't going to happen any time soon. Maybe event rewards at some point?

Record lab. They're bought the same way SB scroll hones are, and are separate. I'm not sure how we get those things?

They're also expensive as shit. They cost 100, which means you need 250 of those shards or whatever, AND you have to fully dive their record board before you can get it.

• Options

1-pull: 1 lens
    3-pull: 3 lenses
    11-pull: 10 lenses

...yeah, that's gonna take a fucking while.

• Options
    If you want proof of how nuts Zidane's 3-insta ATB sync is, here he is using it (with the AASB) at 6:35 to take off just shy of 30% of a Torment 3.0 boss's HP in around 1 second of in-game time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WjJKTmze_s

And then gets the rest of his Sync's duration to do normal Sync things.

And it could have been more damage if not for the threshold rules.

And it could have been faster if Tyro's OSB didn't need to be snuck in there to counter the debuff.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Right, which is why I'm curious to know if they become like event rewards or something. I don't have 1250 mythril laying around to get enough of those lenses to get enough doodads to get the thingamajig. Or 2500 if I luck into Noctis' sync as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Right, which is why I'm curious to know if they become like event rewards or something. I don't have 1250 mythril laying around to get enough of those lenses to get enough doodads to get the thingamajig. Or 2500 if I luck into Noctis' sync as well.

I believe in Japan they're still pretty rare. Stuff like the refreshed elemental/realm draws counts as 11 pulls, but events are only going to give out enough on their own for one ability like, every 1.5 months or so. They're the current megalixir.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

I believe in Japan they're still pretty rare. Stuff like the refreshed elemental/realm draws counts as 11 pulls, but events are only going to give out enough on their own for one ability like, every 1.5 months or so. They're the current megalixir.

Yikes, that is pretty disappointing. Thankfully it doesn't look like Rydia strictly needs hers, but Noctis is going to be quite a bit more effective with his than without.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular

Yikes, that is pretty disappointing. Thankfully it doesn't look like Rydia strictly needs hers, but Noctis is going to be quite a bit more effective with his than without.

I was reading up on this, and it looks like if you clear everything then you can do around an ability a month. The event structure changes in a few weeks to start rewarding the lenses and there are some big one-time infusions of them expected from limited-time bosses over the next few months. I don’t remember if that 1/month rate included the big injections, or if it was just reflecting the event rate.

It might also be a good reason to hold realm/element tickets for the refresh if you’re on the fence about using them. I think I read that the updated banners will give lenses.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    How do you get past the part where he casts berserk on 4 party members at once? Maybe I should use Larsa instead of aerith as back up healer

Start of phase 2 ifrit

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    So I'm going to have 3 pills on banner 3 anyway, so I threw a pull at the ff6 sync banner.

1/11 Relm glint

Whelp.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How do you get past the part where he casts berserk on 4 party members at once? Maybe I should use Larsa instead of aerith as back up healer

Start of phase 2 ifrit

The berserk is aimed at whomever has the highest Pain. Ideally you want to make that be a single person, who you can then Ultra Cure. If you're tricksy, you can rig it so that's your healer(s) and you don't even have to do that. Or Tyro can use Astra, if you brought him.

The turn before the berserk is "add Pain to everyone who doesn't have water aura". Reminder that killing a pillar also inflicts Pain. So you've got options for how to set that up.

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    It was strip water then pain then berserk. So I need to have no pain going into phase two then quickly re water aura dps before he gets another turn?

The timing is so tight because if I go any slower phase one I get the strip there and I don’t have enough Sb bars to get through that and the strip in phase 2. Wish I had a glint.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Strip water aura, ATK/MAG buff, pain, berserk. You have enough time to put water aura back up.

(Don't forget to have Elarra dance off the buff, or you will be sad)

Fry on
  • Options
    So I can't find a clear with my specific stuff for Leviathan - what are the rules of thumb?

• Options
    So I can't find a clear with my specific stuff for Leviathan - what are the rules of thumb?

Lesse the big problems (Phys Clear)
    1. At around 10 secs I think, Spot 1 will get 5 secs Doom on him.
    2. He buffs himself on phase changes. You have to deal with that or your damage drops a lot.
    3. Imperils are nice. If you don't have Prompto, pray for RNG to be nice with you with your Machinist of Choice.
    4. There's a Paralyze for spots 2,3,4. High mind helps here if you don't want to run Ultra Cure or an Astra.
    5. If you are NOT dealing with the Doom and trying to burn him asap, you better have QC on your party at all times.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Killed my first Odin last night finally. Barely scratching him in p3 with lightning sync and 6 imperils and 251 on the chain has me very nervous for the other elements tho.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

There was a brief discussion within the last few pages, I think.

- slot 1 (and 5, if you're doing magic) will take a Doom 5 pretty early. Phys team can jump, magic team probably needs to start with 2+ lightning auras to get enough bubbles to pull through
    - if you aren't doing mega DPS, you will see a party Doom 10 in phase 1, followed two turns later by a party "reduce Doom by 10" two turns later. If you see that, you probably need to Reraise the party.
    - the automatic targeting for Reraise does spread it out, thankfully
    - the diffusions are midway through phase one, and at the start of phase two. That's it! Well, and the party wipe in phase one, if you're reraising. Crucially, no diffusion to start phase 3, so if you survive into phase 2, probably just go HAM and win the fight

• Options
    On the subject of Leviathan, I’m sort of considering taking a Lightning banner pull tomorrow when I get a ticket, but that might not be the best move? Certainly if I get Shantotto’s Awakening, I might be able to just go and kill Leviathan, but maybe it’s better to pick an element where I don’t have 3 grade 2 Chains?

• Options
    Boy howdy, if you don't already have theories about Shadowsmith, you sure will after this fight

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Boy howdy, if you don't already have theories about Shadowsmith, you sure will after this fight

What I like is how
    he starts the fight exactly like how most players use Tyro. Start the fight with an instacast Divine Veil Grimoire, then spam an attack to build soul break gauge until he can Entrust it to someone who does proper DPS.

• Options
    Defeated Transcendent Shadowsmith on the first try, without looking at the script. It's actually... fair, for once?!

I did not attempt the hard mode of the fight, I don't know that I have enough juice to get through all that extra HP, much less the bullshit on the other side of the wall of beef.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Defeated Transcendent Shadowsmith on the first try, without looking at the script. It's actually... fair, for once?!

I did not attempt the hard mode of the fight, I don't know that I have enough juice to get through all that extra HP, much less the bullshit on the other side of the wall of beef.

It will be back every 3 months, so you can try hard mode down the line.

Did you try Final Zeromus without buffs?

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular

Is there any reason to try it?

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »

Is there any reason to try it?

Because it's there.

• Options
    So I have a buddy that doesn't frequent these forums that also plays FFRK, and he had budgeted out his festival pulls. He got Rydia's sync on his final budgeted pull, but really wanted Yuffie's new awakening and hadn't yet used a pull budgeted for the first banner, so he went for it.

He now has a level 5 Rydia sync, and no new Yuffie awakening. :bigfrown:

steam_sig.png