As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Mandalorian [Phalla] : Day 6 -The Escape (Mando Victory)

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Listen, I had a power. I used it. Blame the game, not the player.

I mean, it's one thing to use it. It's another to use it secretly while telling everyone that "gosh, such a shame about this ability that we can't control, but I guess everyone has to just blindly bandwagon now!"

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

I mean, it's one thing to use it. It's another to use it secretly while telling everyone that "gosh, such a shame about this ability that we can't control, but I guess everyone has to just blindly bandwagon now!"

I wasn't saying we had to blindly bandwagon. I was just saying it's shitty that the mob mentality was "Vote for This or be suspicious." And of course, I didn't say I had a power. People assumed it was a mafia power. I'm a survival neutral. But at this point, you guys need help, and I can help... If you want me to.

• Options

I wasn't saying we had to blindly bandwagon. I was just saying it's shitty that the mob mentality was "Vote for This or be suspicious." And of course, I didn't say I had a power. People assumed it was a mafia power. I'm a survival neutral. But at this point, you guys need help, and I can help... If you want me to.

I mean, your literal words were "with the vote manipulation, the only vote is to bandwagon". You were literally saying we had to bandwagon, those were your words! Sorry if that's not what you meant, but it's exactly what you said. Yeah, you said it sucks, but I feel my snarky paraphrasing above covered that :P

Steam profile
  • Options

I mean, your literal words were "with the vote manipulation, the only vote is to bandwagon". You were literally saying we had to bandwagon, those were your words! Sorry if that's not what you meant, but it's exactly what you said. Yeah, you said it sucks, but I feel my snarky paraphrasing above covered that :P

Again, not like I could say I was the vote manipulatior when people were assuming that was a mafia power. So I was trying to slying say that we shouldn't be bandwagoning without going trying to put a target on me.

But let's forget that. Let's look at now. We likely don't have a vig, guard and someone else. We got one mafia. One kill, the vote. And we know we can tie stuff. I can help you all tie stuff. Or you can waste another day to kill a neutral and lose more to a mafia that is going to be stronger and stronger each day. Your choice.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Just wondering here, but ifin you win either way, what's it to you if we're down? Seems like you be favoring the Mando then mor'n ever.

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »

Just wondering here, but ifin you win either way, what's it to you if we're down? Seems like you be favoring the Mando then mor'n ever.

I favor myself. Although keeping the Guild Members alive helps me so I got no reason to work for the Mandalorians.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    This may be way off base but something about H3Knuckles feels off. A little to "look at me helping" i guess? I know this is weak but in re-reading the thread this is the only thing that stuck out to me.

Other than providing vote counts, which I usually do, and batsignalling people at risk of getting booted for inactivity, which I also usually do whenever I'm providing vote counts, I haven't had much to say. So I'm not sure where you're getting that from?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I get the logic for eliminating neutrals to avoid ambiguity, but we are down a vig, a guard, and I strongly suspect 'The Client' was our seer. Keeping vote manip on the village's side would be helpful, even if its only +1. And there's still the fact that two village specials started the vote on jdark, then the vote switched against one of them. That still seems pretty hinky to me.

I'm kinda torn on this one.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I get the logic for eliminating neutrals to avoid ambiguity, but we are down a vig, a guard, and I strongly suspect 'The Client' was our seer. Keeping vote manip on the village's side would be helpful, even if its only +1. And there's still the fact that two village specials started the vote on jdark, then the vote switched against one of them. That still seems pretty hinky to me.

I can see an argument for jdark, yeah. Personally, I'm not buying that GG is neutral, thus my vote. If I thought they were actually neutral, I would put my vote elsewhere.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The role breakdowns it would imply make a lot of sense with regards to the show. 38thDoe probably would've made Greef have some kind of conversion trigger instead, but survivor neutral is a simpler way of reflecting the character.

Unless someone else claims Greef, I'm inclined to believe it.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I highly expect there is another neutral out there, one who does something with the number of Stormtroopers, unless the Deathtroopers had that. My role is kinda weird to be neutral but need villagers alive to work, so I understand why people don't trust it. But I do think you are making mistakes taking a neutral out when the Mandalorians are still out there and you got only one way to deal with them.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Assuran seems pretty dodgy
    Saying Sir Fab is village because Mamawolf voted him, then backflipping when Mamawolf's PMs come out, then joining the bad Green is Mamawolf's spouse wagon.
    And now seems the most mafia-ish kill-the-neutral-lolz on this maybe neutral wagon.

• Options
    GG doesn't feel village or village-aligned.
    But I sort of want to see the Mafia take him out.
    Or not.

And Greef is a thing in narration so bleh.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

I dunno man, the mafia gets a shitload of kills per night. A survival neutral feels like it would hew even more in favor of the mafia, but I can't figure out why GG would just out and say that they're a neutral.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

I dunno man, the mafia gets a shitload of kills per night. A survival neutral feels like it would hew even more in favor of the mafia, but I can't figure out why GG would just out and say that they're a neutral.

Because I saw that the votes were going to head my way, since people started to see that I didn't know the village win con, I figured I should say something now before it got out of hand.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Also, we can straight up test GG's claim right? Grunt's Ghosts

Also also, can we talk about this vote if you're a survival neutral? That just sort of straight up, no-explanation vote feels very... I dunno, passionate? for a neutral.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    What makes a bounty hunter turn neutral? Lust for credits? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Either way I don't like it!

• Options

Also also, can we talk about this vote if you're a survival neutral? That just sort of straight up, no-explanation vote feels very... I dunno, passionate? for a neutral.

Let me explain that.

So I see everyone Day 2, wanting to vote people based on what a outed dead mafia player said was suspicious. One of those people was the vig. Day 3, we got a vote on you then suddenly it switched to someone else and they died special. So I want to see your colors. Because I believed you are mafia.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    yeah I'm fine with the Grunt's Ghosts vote

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Eh, jdarksun. I'm still leaning towards it being better to hunt for mafia then offing someone we can co-win with.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020

That seemed pretty uninteresting, based on Sir Fab not minding your vote.

GGs defence is more interesting :/

discrider on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    grunts ghosts doesn't sound like a survival neutral to me. He sounds like a mafia who knows they don't need many more turns to win and is hoping they can shift suspicion long enough to do so.

I could be wrong, but I also trust the people voting for him more than the people who aren't.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Jdark, kime and Gizzy all claimed that Mamawolf PMed them saying Sir Fab and I were suspicious.

I'm not sure if Mafia would pretend to receive comms like that from another Mafia.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Jdark, kime and Gizzy all claimed that Mamawolf PMed them saying Sir Fab and I were suspicious.

I'm not sure if Mafia would pretend to receive comms like that from another Mafia.

Not all ta-be-sure but certainly one if the late comments coulda jumped on there or if mama had relayed their actions one coulda gotten ahead of it.

No creds on killing neutral but looking to be in the minority here. jdark[

• Options
    Bluecyan needs to die

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    hey discrider it might be useful to move your vote onto gg if you don't want some vote manip shenanigans

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    grunts ghosts doesn't sound like a survival neutral to me. He sounds like a mafia who knows they don't need many more turns to win and is hoping they can shift suspicion long enough to do so.

I could be wrong, but I also trust the people voting for him more than the people who aren't.

I can get behind this logic

grunts ghosts

• Options
    Nah.
    You can all vote bluecyan

• Options
    Nah.
    You can all vote bluecyan

Be a better vote than GG

• Options
    I mean, if GG dies neutral, we've learned nothing and wasted a night while the mafia got two more kills off. That seems pretty bad to me.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Vote Closed

• Options
    I mean, if GG dies neutral, we've learned nothing and wasted a night while the mafia got two more kills off. That seems pretty bad to me.

And if they don't, then we got a mafia!

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Uh oh, here's hoping it's not a tie.

Edit: wait, that might actually work out good. C'mon, mafia + mafia/neutral result!

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Oh shit, we just lost Locus didn't we?

Edit: actually, there's two reserve players, it's alright.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Day 5
    Nevarro-Dusk
    800px-TMDLRNS01E03_17.jpg
    Greef Karga had setup camp just outside the hub on Nevarro. One of his bodyguards had been laying down tending to their injuries while the other was keeping a watch.

"Greef, we have trouble" the hunter guarding the camp shouted back to him

Greef walked over to the guard who pointed down to a valley. Greef opened up his binoculars to see an Imperial Troop transport traveling to his camp's location. Greef clenched his teeth. "What do we do?" the guard asked. "We wait. I should be able to talk them down"

The imperials arrived at the camp "Greef, I'm afraid you'll have to come with us."
    "On whose authority?
    "That's Classified"
    "I see.." Greef showed the imperial trooper his blaster and dropped it to the ground. "Jada, drop your blaster." the uninjured guard dropped their gun as a group of storm troopers swarmed the camp. Arresting Karga and his associates.
    A Death Trooper oversees the set-up of an E-Web Heavy Repeater outside of the former Imperial hideout on Nevarro. After word report him that the Mandalorian were seen hiding the area. The gun was nearly done getting set-up. When the death trooper suddenly heard the whizzing of a speeder. He looked in the direction of the sound and saw a lithe figure on a speeder. Moving at lightning speed, the rider pulled out a blaster and shot a Scout Trooper before he could react . The death trooper ran to the E-Web and swirled it in the general direction of the speeder, he thought he had his timing down right as he started to press down on the trigger. But only managed to mow down Jpants, who the Death Trooper had mistaken for a hostile. The trooper saw the figure jump from the speeder as rapidly came crashing into him and the heavy repeater.

---
    The Fallen
    Grunt's Ghost - Greef Karga- Vote
    Jpants - Stormtrooper - Cannon Fodder
    discrider- Scout Trooper - Blasted
    kime- Death Trooper - Crushed by Speeder
    @premium has replaced @Locus.
    ---
    Vote will Close at 11 PM Central Time Tuesday(12 AM EDT, 9 PM PDT, 10 PM MDT, 4 AM GMT/UTC, 2:30 PM ACDT)

Egos on
  • Options
    Wow, okay. This is really bad.

Talk about monkey's paw wishes. When I said I didn't want a tie I was hoping GG would be able to manipulate the vote to take jdark out. This is two days in a row now jdark has been saved by a counterwagon that didn't work in the village's favor.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    OOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO

hahahahaha.

haha.

OOOOOOoooooOOOOOO

Steam profile
  • Options
    OOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO

hahahahaha.

haha.

OOOOOOoooooOOOOOO

OOooOooOooOooOoOooO
    Cabin fever is a terrible thing
    OOoOOoOoOOoOooOoo

• Options
    edited March 2020
    OOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO

hahahahaha.

haha.

OOOOOOoooooOOOOOO

OOooOooOooOooOoOooO
    Cabin fever is a terrible thing
    OOoOOoOoOOoOooOoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQwL6qiByo&feature=youtu.be

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    OoooooooooooooooO

I... Hope the Mandos.... Get each one... of you... scum.

OoooooooooooooooO