[FFBE War of the Visions] Tactics + Gacha = Profit?

DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss.Registered User regular


What a terrible trailer, right?

I've been playing this for a few days, but I didn't see a thread. Since it's a mobile game with a friends list, it seems like we'll need that, at least. If there are enough people playing this maybe I can put together a better OP.

Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
«13

Posts

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 5
    PA Guild: Arcadians

    PA Friends List
    * Delzhand/November: 2806929239
    * chrono_traveller/Zerth: 1734422261
    * Kalnaur: 3753132309
    * Maijinamuro/Grugthall: 2491729735
    * Ciriria:

    Delzhand on
    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 19
    I gave it a download because I love FFT, but it's got an aggressively bad UI/UX outside of fights, and none of the deep character customization that I come to FFT for, which I suppose i should have expected from a gacha, gotta have specific characters to pull. So not for me. Also hated the setting and main character designs.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    ShadowfireurahonkyLucedes
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I got a lot of decent characters from my pulls (Aileen, Oelde, Mediena, and Engelbert). But I put like fifteen 10 pulls into getting Frederika and had nothing to show for it. That on top of needing to pull a unit multiple times to level them up put me off pretty hard.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I've been playing it pretty heavily since it came out. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get burnt out by the grind, but I am liking the idea of constantly working towards improving your characters. The other gatcha I had been playing was Dissida Opera Omnia, and that was nice, but this seems to be a bit more strategic, but might be tougher for free/low money playing, so I dunno how long it'll stick.

    There is some customization (choice of subjob and apparently some equipment has abilities on it, and you can only equip one of them). I just joined a random guild for the guild battles, and they're something to do once a day and keeps things a little interesting (maybe more so after people start setting up their teams, and not just having Mort on there solo). If there's enough peeps interested, it might be interesting to start up a guild?

    Zerth: 1734422261

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
    Kalnaur
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited April 19
    I got Fredericka on my first pull and thought I misunderstood how pulling worked.

    I'm finally getting my head around all the different systems. I did my first coop mission and despite wildly varying levels, out came down to a do-or-die action by the last person standing against the last enemy, and we won.

    My chief complaint so far is the level design. You can't tilt the view, only rotate, zoom, or switch to overhead. Furthermore, there are a lot of height restrictions on attacks. Fredericka can't aim more than 1h up or down, what? Spells have similar restrictions, meaning there are a lot of turns spent running around the map and climbing hills, units getting in each other's way, etc.

    Delzhand on
    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I got Fredericka on my first pull and thought I misunderstood how pulling worked.

    I'm finally getting my head around all the different systems. I did my first coop mission and despite wildly varying levels, out came down to a do-or-die action by the last person standing against the last enemy, and we won.

    My chief complaint so far is the level design. You can't tilt the view, only rotate, zoom, or switch to overhead. Furthermore, there are a lot of height restrictions on attacks. Fredericka can't aim more than 1h up or down, what? Spells have similar restrictions, meaning there are a lot of turns spent running around the map and climbing hills, units getting in each other's way, etc.

    Yeah, I think thats part of the reason mobility is so valued (on the couple reddit threads I've read). Characters that get an extra move or jump on one of the passive boards is usually always one of the best passives to equip for that character. I'm still kinda thrown off that LOS isn't a thing as far as I can tell. It doesn't matter if there is a wall between you and your target, but as long as you're at the appropriate height, you can shoot them.

    I got Yerma on a pull, and so I've been investing in her, but I'm having some regret about not going after Frederica instead. Her range is just amazing.

    As far as resources, I've found these two sites useful for reference:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oJeO-KTs3mGQN7shuCLutmMfxOTKRxDSZT5Em34W-to/htmlview?usp=sharing
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://altema.jp/ffbewotv/charalist

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Basically just a bad Alchemist Code with the Final Fantasy name slapped onto it

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Basically just a bad Alchemist Code with the Final Fantasy name slapped onto it

    I've seen this mentioned on reddit several times. Is this more that Alchemist Code is good or that WotV is just bad in comparison?

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Basically just a bad Alchemist Code with the Final Fantasy name slapped onto it

    I've seen this mentioned on reddit several times. Is this more that Alchemist Code is good or that WotV is just bad in comparison?

    It's really TAC with a different skin. All of the elements are there. The way you limit break, level, and job increase units are all identical. The same "summon this character at least ten times to fully unlock them" is also there. Some of the maps are even the same wireframe.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Summoning dupes is the whale way to unlock units though. You should be buying the shards in the shops as they appear.

    steam_sig.png
    KalnaurElementalor
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited April 19
    Lorek wrote: »
    Summoning dupes is the whale way to unlock units though. You should be buying the shards in the shops as they appear.

    This was something I didn't realize initially. It seems that the game is focused mainly around the UR and MR units, so after you get the first one, its probably better to just buy their shards from the shop. Though there is a mode coming at some point(no idea when?) that rewards diversity in your lineup that hopefully will bring in some of the more common units to be useful in some situations.

    Also, I wish that there were more powerful female units in this game with less skimpy outfits.

    Edit: But in in Shadowfire's case, I guess it wouldn't have helped since he didn't seem to get Frederica at all, so the shards wouldn't have helped.

    chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Summoning dupes is the whale way to unlock units though. You should be buying the shards in the shops as they appear.

    This was something I didn't realize initially. It seems that the game is focused mainly around the UR and MR units, so after you get the first one, its probably better to just buy their shards from the shop. Though there is a mode coming at some point(no idea when?) that rewards diversity in your lineup that hopefully will bring in some of the more common units to be useful in some situations.

    Also, I wish that there were more powerful female units in this game with less skimpy outfits.

    Edit: But in in Shadowfire's case, I guess it wouldn't have helped since he didn't seem to get Frederica at all, so the shards wouldn't have helped.

    Sadly this is the direction of most gacha mobile games these days. Waifu's bring the whales to the yard.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Well Orlandeau is confirmed for this week.. I have a feeling the 3 million download (if that's a thing) will come soon after from re-rollers for that.
    Also a bunch of quits from people who don't pull him.

    Personally, I fell into Frederica on the free pull from last week (oops), so I figured what the heck and went in on her instead.
    Now my major backlog is I have no rainbow balls of yarn :bigfrown:

    steam_sig.png
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Oh my! I thought I had a couple weeks to build up a stash! :bigfrown:

    I'm in the same boat with Yerma, I got her the first pull, then I thought I had enough time to sink some gems into getting her shards before Ramza/Orlandeau came along!

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Guess who got Orlandeau... on the Ramza banner.

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    chrono_travellerShadowfireLorekKalnaurBrody
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Guess who got Orlandeau... on the Ramza banner.

    I've not been particularly lucky. Blew through my saved Visione(sp?) and got Orlandeau on his banner, then switched to try and get Ramza on his, but no dice. Wanted to get both before focusing on Orlandeau. We'll see how things go and see how much my wallet opens up for this banner. :bigfrown:

    I did get a Frederica, an Engelbert, and a Sterne which got me enough to his second LB with him. So, thats nice. Also liking the auto repeat on some quests too. :)

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I got the Vision card after two summons and that's good enough for me, I think. I don't have the visiore to chase a limited time unit at the moment. Been spending it buying up shards for my current line up.
    The game taunts me though; so far both the opening shop, 1 refresh, 10am shop all had Orlandeau shards for sale. Then my first Whimsy shop had Orlandeau shards. Leave me alone, I don't have visiore to summon you!

    steam_sig.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Heat Waves . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Oh good! There's a thread!

    Are we going to make a Guild so there can be that for all the "join a guild" requirements for things?

    Oh, and: Kalnaur, 3753132309 Player ID.

    I'm enjoying the Final Fantasy enough to put up with "the grind", though at the point I'm at in the story, my characters can steamroll a fight without trying, so I think the attraction of the grind is more about pushing the events than about the main story elements (I mean, at least up to Chapter 2). my one wish is that the shard quests would allow you to see the requirements to unlock them, though I assume it's just "play more story". My only real problem is that the delineation of who is a whale and who isn't is very self-evident in this game. I mean, most Gacha games you'll note a few folks with the new hotness unit, but this one also makes you realize just how much cash they have to be sinking to get that unit to level 80 near-instantly. Only reason it doesn't bother me is they're more or less paying for me, as it were.

    TLDR I'm having fun thus far.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Shard quests require the unit in question to be level 40. If you tap the magnifying glass it'll tell you the unlock conditions.

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    If you're talking about the individual "islands" that you have to unlock; yeah, each time you complete a chapter, a new one should unlock until they're all available.
    If you mean the specific quests in each island, then as been mentioned, level the specific unit to 40 and you should get their Hard Quest for the master ability.

    steam_sig.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    This game's story is bad, but it's a very peculiar kind of bad. Like the writers are trying to do Matsuno style politics and intrigue, but they're just not up to the task. The characters behave in nonsensical ways, and their very personalities are inconsistent, sometimes within the same scene. Is Macherie a damsel or a powerful warrior? Does she have a plan or is she just caught up in events? Oelde might be the worst, though. As a player I can tell they're just waiting to spring "Sterne becomes a villain" on us, and Oelde keeps throwing fuel on that fire and any time he's pressed on it he just quotes the same cryptic bullshit about preserving the line of Leonis, almost to the letter.

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    BahamutZEROShadowfireKalnaur
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Heat Waves . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    If you're talking about the individual "islands" that you have to unlock; yeah, each time you complete a chapter, a new one should unlock until they're all available.
    If you mean the specific quests in each island, then as been mentioned, level the specific unit to 40 and you should get their Hard Quest for the master ability.

    Yeah, I'm talking about the shard quests, not the hero quests.

    I think it's honestly kind of funny how stupid everyone is in this. Like, everyone is dumb at exactly the most inopportune time.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Lorek wrote: »
    If you're talking about the individual "islands" that you have to unlock; yeah, each time you complete a chapter, a new one should unlock until they're all available.
    If you mean the specific quests in each island, then as been mentioned, level the specific unit to 40 and you should get their Hard Quest for the master ability.

    Yeah, I'm talking about the shard quests, not the hero quests.

    I think it's honestly kind of funny how stupid everyone is in this. Like, everyone is dumb at exactly the most inopportune time.

    It also heavily features a real pet peeve of mine.

    Character A makes a perfectly reasonable statement.
    Character B throws out the fantasy equivalent of "What's wrong, McFly? Chicken?"
    Character A does a complete 180 on their previous statement.

    Mont: We should retreat!
    Macherie: Is this how you protect a woman?
    Mont: We must attack!

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    KalnaurShadowfire
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Heat Waves . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Lorek wrote: »
    If you're talking about the individual "islands" that you have to unlock; yeah, each time you complete a chapter, a new one should unlock until they're all available.
    If you mean the specific quests in each island, then as been mentioned, level the specific unit to 40 and you should get their Hard Quest for the master ability.

    Yeah, I'm talking about the shard quests, not the hero quests.

    I think it's honestly kind of funny how stupid everyone is in this. Like, everyone is dumb at exactly the most inopportune time.

    It also heavily features a real pet peeve of mine.

    Character A makes a perfectly reasonable statement.
    Character B throws out the fantasy equivalent of "What's wrong, McFly? Chicken?"
    Character A does a complete 180 on their previous statement.

    Mont: We should retreat!
    Macherie: Is this how you protect a woman?
    Mont: We must attack!

    Mont, leading from the front.
    And by "front" I mean "his dick". In the worst way.

    Honestly, Macherie is the annoying form of tsundere that crosses into horrible two-faced characterization, and I like her the least of all the characters thus far. Mont's a dink, but he's a good-hearted dink and that excuses him from a lot for me. The rest of the characters are some level of anime bullshit, but seeing as I actually usually enjoy anime bullshit, I'm okay with this. I'm just tapping my foot waiting for Dark Haired Brother and Light Haired Brother to come to blows over some ideological difference that rips their kingdom apart because . . . well . . . anime bullshit.

    Honestly, I think the only real issue I have with the game is that it feels like the work of powering up characters is directly opposed with continuing on the story, and by that I mean that the story quests open other things, but they don't directly help your characters become as strong as many other avenues of play. Like, as far as I can tell, there's not more EXP, nor JP, nor Awakening/Limit Breaking materials through the story, it doesn't seem to give a ton more of items to forge with or to upgrade Espers/Gear/Cards. The game has a billion little things and the main story is the least mechanically useful, which isn't a great way to get players to move through that story. Because while the narrative is there, these games at their core are about leveling up the random units into gods, let's not mince words there, and in that milieu it's vastly important to give players a tangible reason to progress; I think even just showing which shard quests would open next would be useful, perhaps.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Story farming is the primary way to get job materials. Eventually you'll need to progress to get to the next tier (Green/Blue/Purple/Yellow/Eventually Red but we don't have chapters that far yet).
    Also, completing the chapters gives missions that are going to be a really good bump in awakening flames and the fragments of thought for each element.

    steam_sig.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'll play this long-term like FEH, but I'm in it for a little while. I got lucky with Orlandeau and immediately dumped all my beginner resources into him, so he's 46/55, LB2, four stars, and sword saint 7.

    I think my biggest problem is that there's too much cruft. Leveling up/awakening equipment, and proficiencies, and espers, and visions cards? It's all trash. And the mechanically interesting advancement, abilities, is on a curve where it takes weeks instead of hours. I can't pop into a random battle like FFT and smack my own guys around for a bit and have enough JP to get a skill or 2.

    It's abundantly clear it's all in service to the gacha gods, but the worse crime in my mind is that it's tedious, boring, and unnecessary. It's bad game design. It's also bad user experience. Why does it take me 3 minutes to collect all my daily shit in the morning?

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    KalnaurBahamutZEROLucedes
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    1f0c7re3c2t6.jpeg

    YL9WnCY.png
    chrono_travellerAegisBrody
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    FF gatcha here to take all our monies! :(

    I think my standards for stories in gatcha games have been driven deep into the darkest recesses of Moria by playing DFFOO, whose story consists of random encounters with characters saying oh, we're in this weird world that we need to save for no particular reason, lets go! And then random discussions of having the will to fight for what you believe in...or something.

    At least this game has some kind of discernible plot, even if its far from being FFT-esque. I have hopes of it getting better.

    Also, apparently Japan is getting a second FFT event with Agrias, Mustadio, and Delita, and in that they're rerunning this event, so if you don't get enough of the mats (or just missed out on entirely) Ramza or Cid, you can, hopefully, get them then.

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Heat Waves . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Story farming is the primary way to get job materials. Eventually you'll need to progress to get to the next tier (Green/Blue/Purple/Yellow/Eventually Red but we don't have chapters that far yet).
    Also, completing the chapters gives missions that are going to be a really good bump in awakening flames and the fragments of thought for each element.

    That's fair, but if they told us that (I don't remember it coming up in-game) that'd be better, I think.
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I don't know if I'll play this long-term like FEH, but I'm in it for a little while. I got lucky with Orlandeau and immediately dumped all my beginner resources into him, so he's 46/55, LB2, four stars, and sword saint 7.

    I think my biggest problem is that there's too much cruft. Leveling up/awakening equipment, and proficiencies, and espers, and visions cards? It's all trash. And the mechanically interesting advancement, abilities, is on a curve where it takes weeks instead of hours. I can't pop into a random battle like FFT and smack my own guys around for a bit and have enough JP to get a skill or 2.

    It's abundantly clear it's all in service to the gacha gods, but the worse crime in my mind is that it's tedious, boring, and unnecessary. It's bad game design. It's also bad user experience. Why does it take me 3 minutes to collect all my daily shit in the morning?

    Of all your notes, this one hits the hardest to me. It should not take me 5-6 different screens and visits back to the home screen in order to get all my stuff for the day. I mean, yeah, I get it, dailies and battles and stuff, but my presents are here, my chocobo stuff is over there, my friend gifts are here, my daily/missions are over here, etc. There's not a super easy way to get to that except the home screen.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    If you hit the little button in the top right, it'll drop down the left and bottom home screen menus.

    steam_sig.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Heat Waves . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    If you hit the little button in the top right, it'll drop down the left and bottom home screen menus.

    It does indeed, but my gripe is that I can't access friends, missions, gifts, etc from that screen in particular. Basically it's more spread out than they really need it.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Heat Waves . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So, are we going to have a PA guild? Is anyone else going to make one? If not, should I make one? What would it be called?

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited April 28
    I'm currently in a semi-active rando guild. I'd be interested in joining an PA guild if we're at least semi active about doing guild battles and statue shining.

    Edit: Are you guys having problems with your auto battle setup now? I seem to need to reset my auto-battle settings (turn it on, set the speed up, etc.) every time I go into a new battle.

    Also, can't auto-farm the FFT token things on the last battle of the event, because I've maxed out Gafgarion's tokens, so each time it finishes a battle, it pops up with an ok screen to confirm that they turn into yarn balls. :/

    chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Heat Waves . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I'm currently in a semi-active rando guild. I'd be interested in joining an PA guild if we're at least semi active about doing guild battles and statue shining.

    Edit: Are you guys having problems with your auto battle setup now? I seem to need to reset my auto-battle settings (turn it on, set the speed up, etc.) every time I go into a new battle.

    Also, can't auto-farm the FFT token things on the last battle of the event, because I've maxed out Gafgarion's tokens, so each time it finishes a battle, it pops up with an ok screen to confirm that they turn into yarn balls. :/

    I've got the 500 cash-a-crystal-bs, so if y'all give me a name, I'll make a Guild.

    I haven't had issues with auto-battle settings yet, and I've been lazy on the front of FFT event thing so I should probably go do that. Minimum I try to do dailies and a story quest per day, but it's one of 5 games I play so I'm not always going to spend a ton of time on it. 5 games, even on casual mode, is some sort of time investment on the down minutes of my days.

    But provided I'm alive and they aren't doing maintenance when I try to get into the game, I'll be on every day.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    The name I've used for any guild or player namable alliance since Tactics Ogre has been "Winterclad", if we're throwing out suggestions.

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    chrono_travellerKalnaur
  • MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    I'm down for the guild too. I think another guild/clan name used a lot from PA is Knights of Arcadia.

    User ID: Grugthall, 2491729735

    Kalnaur
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Heat Waves . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I'll collect names and then . . . put it to a vote, I suppose? Regardless, I'll have a guild up and running by end of day Saturday, that's my plan.

    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    The shop just dropped 15 Orlandeau shards in front of me when I had 48 visiore. Motherfuckers.

    In totally unrelated news, I'm now Royal Rank 3...

    I don't even like Orlandeau that much! He's nowhere near as cool as Agrias!

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Does anyone understand how the fuck esper SP works? The game said by completing quests with espers equipped, they'll gain SP, right? So why are all my espers, after four chapters of being equipped still in the neighborhood of 0-30SP?

    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited April 28
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Does anyone understand how the fuck esper SP works? The game said by completing quests with espers equipped, they'll gain SP, right? So why are all my espers, after four chapters of being equipped still in the neighborhood of 0-30SP?

    SP is based on level. Level them up using magicite to get more SP.

    Battling with the Espers gains resonance which is a separate stat boost.

    McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.