As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also 26 is stupid, there aren't 26 different things you can do with a Gundam

One of them is literally "Let's build a rocket around this Gundam". Because yeah, there aren't 26 different rational things you can do with a gundam, but there are 26 different things you can do with a gundam.

mg-gundam-f90-U-and-O%2B%25281%2529.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    But that is EXTREMELY rational?

Hell, I want one in real life.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Gonna get that Unicorn and keep it all buttoned up in Unicorn mode.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

way more practical than most gundam designs honestly

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I really like the idea of mech expansion packs, honestly. Modular suits with different equipment for different mission needs, it's very cool, I like to see it

But you have to show some restraint and not stick all of them on there at once god damn it

So what you're saying is it makes a lot more sense with the MG Gundam F90 and the 26 different upgrade kits they are releasing (in sets of 2, mind you), all of which are P-Bandai exclusives.

Holy shit they're actually making the full F90 product line? In Master Grade!? The mad lads. The F90 never actually appeared in an anime as far as I know, it was just an MSV thing. I'm not even angry it's a P-Bandai exclusive, that they're doing it at all is amazing.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I bet Setsuna could figure out 26 things to do with a Gundam, and they’d all involve swords

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Like, FUCK YES I want to go 5,000 mph, sign me the hell up!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I'd think that having the Gundam in an upright position is rather irrational in this case. Presumably the point of having the giant booster rocket on the back is to move the unit into position while being a hard target to hit. Why then massively increase the target cross section by having legs sticking out the bottom when you could, instead, have the Gundam laying in a prone position on the rocket?
    Or, duct tape two or three gundams to the rocket in a prone position so you could infiltrate a more considerable force?

Sure, it's more practical than a lot of gundam designs, but that's a pretty low bar to clear.

It loses a lot of points for being strapped to the front of the booster instead of surfing on the it instead though.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The F90 stuff is neat but idk who it's for really? Like, who has got the money to get more than 1 or 2 of these option packs, let alone get ahold of F90s to strap them too.

It feels like they'd have been way better in HG, with a full release HG F90 available.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Damnit what is this 100% humidity bullshit?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Gunpla thread where we talk about the weather and occasionally build plastic robots.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Not robutts but

ugqiy66nadkc.jpegt

Current project

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    finished building the FAZZ Ver. Ka and jesus fuck that thing is too big.

also there's so many unused bits I'm pretty sure you can fully build a whole second core fighter and most of a standard ZZ double beam rifle.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Sad day today. Visiting Las Vegas and the last Hobbytown in Nevada is closing. Their pictures showed shelves full of Gunpla, but there wasn't a one to be found there today.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Ugh well... crap. It turns out on the wrist parts on the new MG Alex are really finicky and delicate. I managed to break the right wrist by accident. Hopefully a copious amount of plastic cement will hold it well enough that I can do something with the hand....

• Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Gunpla thread where we talk about the weather and occasionally build plastic robots.

Is this what getting old is like?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    yes, actually

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    wdl79cq82tl6.jpeg

Chompers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    are you 3D printing that? It looks great!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yeah

I got it MOSTLY clean but those little fiddly indents refuse to be smoothed

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Today around noon, it hit 81 degrees and around 45-50% humidity. So I decided to risk it for the biscuit.

I applied my two coats at 12:30 and 1, then let it sit for 5 hours.

I am calling this thing fucking done.

My first gunpla with decals. My first with topcoating.

And it turns out he's an absolute BADASS.

Because I have RG Nu set up with his beam saber, this one I had to give the guns to. And I really did like that pose with the trigger dicipline on the rifle, though I think he's getting sloppy with the bazooka.

rPEu65mh.jpg

Hldb1N4h.jpg

qSq4Kuqh.jpg

8PUfty3h.jpg

ercKyX7h.jpg

ep6Y2BLh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Glad you finally listened and took the jump into waterslides. They look great!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    All 63 Gundam Base kits for the US Online Expo unveiled, prices included;

https://p-bandai.com/us/cont/campaign/gundam-cp03?utm_source=owned&utm_medium=gundaminfo_owned_web&utm_campaign=20200816_hobby_apparel_gundam

...am I fuckin' crazy for thinking that MG Perfectability would make a good base to paint a Phenex? D:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    ...I'm good

• Options
    jesus how many funnels does that MG Nu have

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I started the Moon Gundam tonight, feels very solid, good lines, I like to see and build it

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    ... oh shit I might actually go in for the System Weapon sets.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    ... oh shit I might actually go in for the System Weapon sets.

That big ass sword with the grip built into the blade is sick

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    I got a few of them back around their original print run and they rule.

The GP01 beam rifle/assault shield set is cool. There was one with a giant bazooka and either a spike knuckle shield or set of sturmfausts, the other of which came with the Gelgoog rifle.

I really wanted the sniper and sword set but I missed out and oh fuck I can buy it now.

• Options
    Some surprisingly affordable stuff in there. Nothing I really need but a clear RG trans-am Quanta for $30 isn't what I expected to see, for sure.

Also they made a model kit of the machine they use to make model kits

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    They're selling an HG Hyaku Shiki with a special metallic gold finish as part of the Gundam Base exclusives.

I have the Master Grade of that kit with that finish. It's been years and I still haven't built it because the color is off; the gold is so pale it looks like the middle ring in the picture below, rather than the one on the left.
    z7dhaghf5eyc.jpg
    I keep going back and forth on whether to try and paint those runners to fix it or just build as is. I'm still tempted to get that HG one though, because I am dumb.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I picked up that special Hyaku Shiki last year when I was over there, and let me tell you that thing is golden.

• Options

What are you referring to?

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Man, “Let’s spread limited items over 2 launches with a high free shipping limit” is certainly a thing.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    they were putting the item listings up in batches but it's all there now

i'm looking at maybe $80 worth of stuff and thinking shit do i wanna push for the free shipping amount

do i... want to order another clear Pale Rider..........

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

The one next to the hi-nu, I guess it might be a RG?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2475066001001 is that...intentionally colored like an eva-01 or coincidental

• Options
    They have the MG Sazabi Clear Version, which has been a dream of mine since I first saw it 3 years ago. Time to start begging the wife!

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Athenor wrote: »

The one next to the hi-nu, I guess it might be a RG?

Athenor bought the extra fin funnel set for his RG Nu Gundam.

Also, my MG Nu Gundam with 3rd party fin funnels:

xDc4OuA.jpg

Heffling on
  • Options
    Yeah, Heffling beat me to it. My RG Nu (which looks much bigger in those pics than it is for some reason) has 12 fins, and Hi-Nu has 6.

I thought there was a Nu in the big gundam base post! :D

This discussion has been closed.