As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm so confused by this new mode. Why are there two grayed-out chests? I thought it was gonna be you can do it three times (days) per week, but then the one for today just had the chest reset again instead of using the second chest. Or maybe they did that cuz the first day forced you to use it on Standard? I dunno, it's so weird. If that's not it, only thing I can maybe think is when they add more dragons maybe you get to have one chest per dragon or something (up to three different dragons, assuming there will eventually be a bunch of them since there's a lot of older Gala units that kinda suck and could use a mana spiral increase). Still, it's confusing. Oh and of course, once again this new mode with chests releases literally the day my double chest thing runs out (and I don't wanna renew it until next week so it can span across two weeks). Bah :P But oh well, what can ya do? :P

P.S. - I also hate Thor, what a bullshit insta-kill mechanic. He would be a joke if not for that one move. I found a guide online with an auto team for Master that seems to work tho, so thank god for that (please don't change the usable weapons each week game... I don't wanna have to keep figuring out new teams :P).

I do like that these orb things kinda work like the orbs for free event characters. Don't need to spend a bunch of mats, just need an orb or two to unlock each node of the spiral (tho still gonna need to spend the crystals to level him once those nodes unlock :/ Always so expensive beyond lvl 80).

Edit: Oh, side note, I finally managed to beat all of the Master agitos... wooo... I kinda want to tackle the Legend ones, but a lot of the teams I've been seeing have one or two things I lack on them (tho luckily just finally got Gala Leo on this last banner thanks to blowing a ton of things on it and buying him with the 300 pity tokens). But the team I saw requires whatshername, red lance selfie girl, who I still don't have (Nadine?). WTB dream summon plz? Not having her seems to constantly screw me over. That and Fatalis was holding me back for the longest time on Master Kai Yan because all the teams used him. I eventually was able to sub him out for other dragons that worked "ok enough" tho. Not reliable but enough to win so whatever. (Really, Monster Hunter Rise's release would have been the perfect excuse to re-run the Monster Hunter event... JUST SAYIN)

Ah, you still need to spend the materials to unlock the new Mana Spiral nodes. The new orbs are just another new resource to grind/time-gate the Gala mana spirals. :rotate:

06darvup61ri.png

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Oh boo, I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention :P I know there are a bunch of nodes that only cost the orbs but they might have been the cheapo nodes.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    New raid event is out. Unlike other raids this one doesn't give a new character, but instead when you max out your medals you get a dream summon ticket from a limited pool.

Depending on who you have on your team already, there are some great picks on there. Grace is the force multiplier, and if you don't have her she's a fantastic pickup. Mitsuba, Jiang Ziya, Bellina, and Tobias are also great choices.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Finally my chance to friggin' get Nadine...

Also god dammit I never have luck on these Gala banners anymore. I keep getting pity broken by old ass dragons I've had for ages :/ Bunch of free summon tickets in this event so maybe one will be lucky, I dunno

Edit: GAH, well apparently Nadine isn't on this one? WTF Cygames?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Looks like the cutoff was Nadine's banner. :(

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Looks like the cutoff was Nadine's banner. :(

Yeah T_T Literally the one I wanted :/ (she's used on soooooooooooo many auto team setups... it fucks me over constantly when trying to build teams)

I think this means I can pull... Leah? I think that might be the only character I don't own before that point.

There's supposed to be a paid one later on I think so maybe that will have everyone? (it would be absolute bullshit if they didn't when they're charging money for it)

Side note, I saw this on the reddit:
    qmrjw0j8ewv61.jpg?width=354&auto=webp&s=338f17b985505d865d218452d54b546e42fb47a2

Finally I can spend all my extra mirrors on something :)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Yay! Real Dream Summon! Hello Nadine! :D

Also yay these new fancy prints are actually good and don't suck like some of the Lilith ones (wtf was that Corrosion BS?)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I'm been running Standard HDT with gold fafnirs... at half stamina it's such a good freaking money farm... it's just too bad that everything agito costs a billion gold so I spend it as fast as I earn it T_T

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Everything is a money sink. I finally got all the high dragon weapon bonuses done. Now working through the Chimeritech bonuses.

• Options
    I think I did Chimeratech awhile ago, but I still have a lot of High Dragon and Agito to do... also a couple of the core weapons because fuck Crimson Cores (and also currently, literally every color orb because I am chewing through them like candy)

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Resource drought is terrible. Daily stuff can only get you a drop in the bucket when all the substantial amounts are locked behind event rewards. Even triple drops doesn't help much because you're still butting up against the gold bottleneck

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Is there any reason to do High Dragon weapons nowadays besides the weapon bonus? I've been using the mats from those to unlock buildings instead of upgrading weapons.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Opty wrote: »
    Is there any reason to do High Dragon weapons nowadays besides the weapon bonus? I've been using the mats from those to unlock buildings instead of upgrading weapons.

Not especially. As far as I'm aware, power-wise it's something like: HDT4 < Chimeratech8 < HDT8 < Agito4 < Agito 8

So I mean, if you can make a HDT8 and *can't* afford to make a half-unbound Agito, it's technically better than Chimeratech, but it's not a huge amount better. It might not even be Agito 4... 2 or 3 might be enough to surpass it.

But yeah, I've been making HDT8 weapons when I need like a quick weird slot (like bows or something) that I don't want to waste a bunch of Agito resources on that could go into like, a sword or wand or something way more common. Though I'm sloooowly starting to build up a decent armory of Agito weapons so that's becoming less of a thing, especially now that I can auto all three ranks of any Agito boss easy (sometimes Expert ironically enough can be flakey tho)

Edit: As a side note, at least you can spend the ingots on the HDT weapons so you can get some free unbinds that way and there's nothing else really to spend them on anymore...

The silver ingots, I swear I don't even know *how* to use those anymore. It doesn't feel like they work for anything, but then maybe I've already maxed out all voids... (and I guess they don't work for Core?)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Sometimes the high dragon weapons are better on AI units so the characters don't keep activating the agito skills.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Can someone explain the sparking for me. I started doing a few rolls today because I want Alex, but then I stopped. I noticed that the old summer units were on the spark summon menu too.

Do I need to roll on this banner to spark Alex, or can I instead wait for the one that contains Summer Mym and spark her there?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Can someone explain the sparking for me. I started doing a few rolls today because I want Alex, but then I stopped. I noticed that the old summer units were on the spark summon menu too.

Do I need to roll on this banner to spark Alex, or can I instead wait for the one that contains Summer Mym and spark her there?

It depends on what they put on the next banner, but I would suspect not (at least, as far as I remember, they've never done this in the past with similar situations). Though she should (I think?) be in the permanent pool.

But yeah, that's something they've been doing a lot lately that I'm not super keen on. The old characters should be their own banner, not stealing pull chance from the new ones.

BTW, is Summer Mym confirmed for another banner? (I haven't read a lot of the actual news so I dunno if they said). I still remember them teasing me with Summer Elisanne and then not releasing her during that event (I think they finally did like a year later?)

• Options
    Pretty sure she was confirmed in a datamine, but nothing official. Also confirmed in a datamine was summer Ieyasu.

No datamine confirmation of summer Elly or Euden though the video they put out in Japan showed 3d models for them.

• Options
    I don't know what's confirmed. I've just seen people talking as if Summer Mym is a done deal.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    But yeah, that's something they've been doing a lot lately that I'm not super keen on. The old characters should be their own banner, not stealing pull chance from the new ones.

FWIW, the old summer units aren't on rate up for this gala banner. Only summer Alex and Gala Reborn Nidhogg are on rate up. However, in the wyrmsigil menu, Summer Cellieria/Julietta/Mikoto/Patia are listed as wyrmsigil sparking options despite only have ordinary summon rates. This is what's confusing me since I was previously under the impression that only rate-up units are present as wyrmsigil sparking options.

Now that I look closer, some other summer units like Summer Cleo aren't on the wyrmsigil sparking menu. Now I'm even more confused.

edit:
    Good news. I pulled her. In record time too. I guess this is the power of the "Hey, this guy hasn't logged in for months. Let's try to hook him again" sensor.

edit2:
    Completely off topic, but I joined some random clan in game a while back. Nothing really happens with it beyond people wishing each other good luck on banners. It's really confusing since a surprisingly high percentage of people left their names as Euden, and several of them are using Halloween Elly as their profile portrait.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I somehow got Summer Alex on literally my first pull (which was also a single pull). Where has this luck been up till now?? I pulled a few more times for the dragon but then gave up because I kinda don't really care that much. Gala dragons are so damn boring.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I hope that luck persists into the next banner. Especially if Summer Mym is indeed on it. And I agree. Dragons are comparatively boring to the adventurers.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    They're boring, but my fire dragon stable is lacking just enough to be a bit annoying.

• Options
    Summer Mym is coming on 7/4 alongside a free 10pull event.

• Options
    I wonder if the banner will still be up for the 100 fold summon on 7/20?

• Options
    I'm a little surprised cygames is throwing away free money by doing a 10pull event alongside summer mym :P Though my wallet appreciates it :3

• Options
    I got Mym, but I had to spark her. I forgot how lame sparking was. It just gives you the unit with no fanfare. They could at least have the decency of playing the flashy summoning scene.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Next banner info is up. Limited banner with Summer Ieyasu, Summer Mitsuhide, and Summer Marishiten as our dragon.

And she straight up gives a team amp.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    God, I forgot how much I hate that fire emblem defense map. I tried to do it last night and it's just such BS. "Oh hey, let's have it when they kill the second burglar we spawn shit RIGHT ON TOP OF THE CASTLE. That's a great idea!" I haven't looked if I can even do this co-op but I feel like you usually can't with this kind of event? I'll have to check because solo is impossible as shit (can we get an option to leave AI players in a certain spot plz?).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Got Summer Mym off the free pull this morning, just in time

• Options
    Ok, I think that it's time for me to explode. I got 3 five stars from today's free roll. Summer Marisheten, Illia, and Long Long. The later is a dragon that I've had mub'd for a while, but still. Illia is new for me.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Challenge battle ten pull ticket dropped Ieyasu! That's all three from the banner, yay!

• Options
    Hundred summon is up, and it was kind to me. Seimei finally joined the team!

• Options
    I picked up Dragonyule Lily and Valentine Chelsea. FYI, the hundred summon is only for today, but the free tenfolds on this banner will continue.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Somehow I literally got all the new characters on this banner via free 10 pulls... lol... I did pull a few times when it first dropped and got Marisheten but no one else (I think I got her in my free pull as well, but tried to pull for the others and got a second copy of her.. lolz). Then somehow got the other two via free pulls :3

I also got a rando free 5* from that scratch and sniff thing :P It was just a dupe Lily but hey, 8500 eldwater...

Maybe my luck in this game is finally turning around. I had such a bad streak for awhile there...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I picked up Dragonyule Lily and Valentine Chelsea. FYI, the hundred summon is only for today, but the free tenfolds on this banner will continue.

It's also a great selection of characters so if there's someone you want to spark, you're 100 sigils on the way already.

• Options

Where'd you see that we're still getting daily free 10 pulls for the duration of this showcase? The notification indicates those ended yesterday and today's 100 pull is the end of the free pulls being given out. If we are still getting free 10 pulls though, you'll only need to do like 100 rolls on your own to get a spark. If that ends up being the case then there's basically no reason not to pony up the extra to get a spark.

By the way, my hundred pull haul + seeding with single pulls was Gozu Tenno x2 (new), W.Lily x2 (new), Kamuy (worthless, FUB already), Seimei (new), and H.Mym (new)

• Options
    edited July 2021

Wait, I just actually read this. Dragonyule Lily is available??? I wantssssss (haven't had time to log in yet today)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Opty wrote: »

Where'd you see that we're still getting daily free 10 pulls for the duration of this showcase? The notification indicates those ended yesterday and today's 100 pull is the end of the free pulls being given out. If we are still getting free 10 pulls though, you'll only need to do like 100 rolls on your own to get a spark. If that ends up being the case then there's basically no reason not to pony up the extra to get a spark.

By the way, my hundred pull haul + seeding with single pulls was Gozu Tenno x2 (new), W.Lily x2 (new), Kamuy (worthless, FUB already), Seimei (new), and H.Mym (new)

Ah, you're right, I see the tenfold ended yesterday. Misread the announcement.

• Options
    Man, my 100 summons was largely trash. I got like one 5* in the whole thing on like, summon set 7. It was a new character (that one church guy who is kind of an asshole... red wand.. I don't remember his name) but that was pretty much it. Spend more money and was able to pull that one dragon on the banner image (who was new to me), like three of those stupid mouse dragons (which I already HAVE... ugg) and finally a Dragonyule Lily which was what I really wanted. Pulled a tiny bit more so I could spike Nobunaga who I have been trying to get for two years. Only one now on that list of sparkable stuff I don't have is that Valentine's Chelsea which, meh, I don't care. I don't like how long it took to pull them tho. I guess my luck is shit again.

• Options
    Man, my 100 summons was largely trash. I got like one 5* in the whole thing on like, summon set 7. It was a new character (that one church guy who is kind of an asshole... red wand.. I don't remember his name) but that was pretty much it. Spend more money and was able to pull that one dragon on the banner image (who was new to me), like three of those stupid mouse dragons (which I already HAVE... ugg) and finally a Dragonyule Lily which was what I really wanted. Pulled a tiny bit more so I could spike Nobunaga who I have been trying to get for two years. Only one now on that list of sparkable stuff I don't have is that Valentine's Chelsea which, meh, I don't care. I don't like how long it took to pull them tho. I guess my luck is shit again.

Seimei and DYLily are arguably the prizes on the banner so congrats there!