As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    40k has been pretty consistent about red = fast. Evil Suns, Blood Angels, Saim Han...

Kabal of the flayed skull

Cult of the Red Grief too!

Truly, Mork and Gork's brutally cunning and cunningly brutal influences spread far and wide...

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    This is probably heretical, but I'd love it if GW sold pre-painted models.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    WatcherWatcher Registered User regular
    Man, if GW sold pre-painted models, at least we would probably see more painted armies. I am ALL for that!

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Theyd charge 100+ at a starting point

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    They're proud that their miniatures are made in the UK, prepainted miniatures are still done by hand and there's no way that would be economically feasible in Great Britain.

I don't think you'll see prepainted 40k miniatures until a robotic painting assembly line somehow becomes viable, and even then they just may not feel it's in the spirit of their product.

Lanlaorn on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    This is probably heretical, but I'd love it if GW sold pre-painted models.

I was ok with the books
    As this is a thing of gold
    gedxfr51eai6.png
    I oddly was able to buy it out of back of a truck as they had a ton of books from various things [and paint missing labels}
    Still I know there are UPCS for two Craftworld? and another for a Necron one they were doing but this was also the time their youtube thing started

• Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    prepainted would only work if they were sold at the same price as the unpainted. The people that don't care about fielding painted models aren't gonna get them, and the people that do care already at least put some colours down.

I think if the models on the boardgame releases were prepainted, that would be ace though.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They could automate it, but it would involve investing in an unproven technology and that isn’t happening.
    What technology?
    https://youtu.be/MeWvYP5AHqI

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hey, I just realized...

Bladeguard Veterans are pretty similar to Paladins, what with the 3 W, 3 A, the 2+ armor save, the invuln save (they're slightly better in this regard), and so on. Of course, they don't have d3 damage weapons, and they can't deep strike, but... Kinda makes you wonder what GW will do with the Paladins to make them worth their points.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Paladins have d3 d, but the blade guard have 2d weapons, too, right.

They could let grey Knights use wrist mounted weapons as pistols in close combat for a start. Would help them a bit against hordes.

• Options
    There are so many similar units straight up better than Paladins. Custodian Guards, or really any Custodes units, Deathwing Knights, anything in Gravis armor, honestly any kind of Space Marine Terminator now...

The GK book can't come soon enough, 3W Terminator troops would be actually useful for once.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Indomitus is now $170 USD on Amazon. If you've yet to pick it up or been on the fence.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Hey, I just realized...

Bladeguard Veterans are pretty similar to Paladins, what with the 3 W, 3 A, the 2+ armor save, the invuln save (they're slightly better in this regard), and so on. Of course, they don't have d3 damage weapons, and they can't deep strike, but... Kinda makes you wonder what GW will do with the Paladins to make them worth their points.

You can't deepstrike them, but you can put them in reserve, and they can be very powerful coming in from a table edge.

Also they have 2D weapons that are +1S. Bladeguard are monsters for their points. 2D weapons are really powerful in 9th.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Damn, looks like the necron box set is already out of stock in the pre-order section. Will have to call the flgs to see if they have any left. If anyone is looking to pick a box up, I'd move quick.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    The only battleforces left in the Canadian store are Imperium forces, ironically enough.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    People are buying the Tau Battleforce? I've shelved my Farsight Enclaves Tau throughout 9th so far.

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    I just pre-ordered the new Assault Intercessors and it's kind of got me wondering what the point of regular Intercessors is now. Assault Intercessors seem better at close combat, Heavy Intercessors seem better at shooting, Infiltrators and Incursors do something unique, so where does that leave plain old Intercessors?

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    If you're looking for a more flexible backline objective holder, regular intercessors with stalkers or standard bolt rifles are still good and are 8ppm cheaper than heavy intercessors.

That's all I've really got.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Wow all the 40k battleforce deals are gone and the tzeentch {that one doesn't surprise me}

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    If you're looking for a more flexible backline objective holder, regular intercessors with stalkers or standard bolt rifles are still good and are 8ppm cheaper than heavy intercessors.

That's all I've really got.

They're cheap and you can give the sarge a fist or a hammer for flexibility.

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I snagged the Tyranid one - picked up ~3300 points of them since July with that. Basically all I need are gaunts and grants to be able to run most lists.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Snagged some outriders from my FLGS during their black Friday sale (15% off). Sure I can probably get them cheaper but I want the store to stay open. I have another 3 I need to pick up from a club member. Gives me 6. Which is an awkward number for Deathwatch. As I want to run 5 at a time in a kill team with intercessors. Nothing like 15 wounds of obsec bikes going around.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    First DG preview is up

Plagues are 2w (which we knew) and base 2 attacks. A nice upgrade there. Possessed gain plague weapons and are a flat 4 attacks instead of a random d3. Daemon engines are now 3+/3+ across the book. Which is a huge buff. And I hope it carries over to CSM. Makes venom crawlers, defilers, mauler and forgefiends way more interesting.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Plaguemarines seem like they might also lose stock Disgustingly Resilient, to be replaced with "Remorseless" and "Contagions of Nurgle", whatever those are.
    Contagions might very well be their version of Angels of Death, containing the marine standard subrules (bolter discipline, hateful assault etc), which might also include their FnP if that's a mechanic they keep.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    McGibs wrote: »
    Plaguemarines seem like they might also lose stock Disgustingly Resilient, to be replaced with "Remorseless" and "Contagions of Nurgle", whatever those are.
    Contagions might very well be their version of Angels of Death, containing the marine standard subrules (bolter discipline, hateful assault etc), which might also include their FnP if that's a mechanic they keep.

It is assumed that they are losing current disgustingly resilient. Partially because 2w plagues are actually disgusting. Goonhamer ran the stats. The idea is maybe they are getting something like duty eternal instead as a baseline.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Does Epidemius work with demon engines? Epidemius' rules specifies Nurgle demons but I feel like demon engines should work as well.

Nevermind, I checked the keywords and the demon engines all have demon in their keywords.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    so I have been building the necrons out of indomitus. talking with my brother about how they are push to fit {a superior push to fit I will say] about getting more skorpekh destroyers and how hard would it be to mod them since they are the same kits
    I did mess up building some of the warriors{ using the wrong rifle on the wrong body or using wrong chests, faceplates on a few so a few look more beat up

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Does Epidemius work with demon engines? Epidemius' rules specifies Nurgle demons but I feel like demon engines should work as well.

Nevermind, I checked the keywords and the demon engines all have demon in their keywords.

only thing to note is that daemon strats don't work with other codexes that share those keywords

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    so I have been building the necrons out of indomitus. talking with my brother about how they are push to fit {a superior push to fit I will say] about getting more skorpekh destroyers and how hard would it be to mod them since they are the same kits
    I did mess up building some of the warriors{ using the wrong rifle on the wrong body or using wrong chests, faceplates on a few so a few look more beat up

Skorpekhs are very easy to modify. The legs are largely interchangable.

• Options
    it's the arms But I will think about it

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Mortarion is apparently becoming T8. Squeeeee.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Mortarion is apparently becoming T8. Squeeeee.
    Oh hey, he might survive into the 2nd round now....

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    I am curious if he will get a rule like the C'Tan and Ghaz on how many wounds he can take a phase/turn. I think he might.

Also in sad news LVO looks to be canceled. Not a surprise. Nevada still has limits on gatherings (250). And that is like 1/4 of just the 40k room.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am curious if he will get a rule like the C'Tan and Ghaz on how many wounds he can take a phase/turn. I think he might.

I don't like these rules. I think they're a bandaid on a much larger problem (the insane power creep in 40K in general). 9th edition was a patch on 8th edition to address exploits that asshole tournament WAACs were abusing, but my hope is that 10th edition will just wipe the slate clean and we can all start fresh without 30 books worth of additional rules making armies so powerful that primarchs can't survive more than the first turn of the game.

I honestly don't like any of the "anti-game" rules that get released (anything that flies in the face of the standard rules of the game). Everyone overwatches on a 6 (except for this unit). No one can deep strike closer than 9" (except for this unit). Models can't target characters unless they're the closest model (except for this unit). Modifiers do not affect invulnerable saves (except for this unit), etc etc. The only one I like is Drop Pod Assault, partly because I play Marines (olololol) but also because having a bunch of Drop Pods come down with a bunch of tacticals popping out is fluffy as hell (but even so, people abuse it and throw two 5 man dev squads in them so they can drop a ton of melta shots 9" away from their opponent's biggest tank).

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    "this unit has a special rule that lets it ignore the standard rules" is literally the foundation of 40k army rules holy crap.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Without rules carve outs every unit is just somewhere on a sliding points to statline scale

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Like even Horus Heresy literally deals with the problem of being able to kill primarchs instantly by giving them a special rules carve out that exempts them from the standard rules of instant death.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    The concept of special unique rules is fine, but they're a big opportunity for fucking up balance.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I’d honestly prefer a flat -1 to the damage done by all weapons with no cap. So D1 do literally nothing. MW would be unaffected too, which is actually good.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.