As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Most High

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Most High

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Oof, this hits close to home. I have at least half a dozen board games that were impulse bought after I won at them on my first try

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Being good at something takes practice and many, many games

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I looked up Crucible, and I feel rather ambivalent about it. It just looks way too much like Overwatch, Paragon, or any of the other 'Wacky Galactic characters go to a planet for reasons' hero shooters we've seen lately.
    Not to mention some of the rather generic character types we've seen before such as 'Space Soldier', 'Female Space Soldier', 'Angry Creature with Axe', and the old classic, the 'Wacky Sociopathic Robot'.

Maybe we need a new setting for these kind of games to freshen things up.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »

My first thought was "cute animals" so clearly some kind of fantasgical Pet Store Kumite

But no. The real money maker is a Pokémon Hero Shooter. Which is sad because A) that seems unlikely to happen and B) even if it does happen no one is going to pay me the billion dollars those three words are worth

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    T-Danger wrote: »

My first thought was "cute animals" so clearly some kind of fantasgical Pet Store Kumite

But no. The real money maker is a Pokémon Hero Shooter. Which is sad because A) that seems unlikely to happen and B) even if it does happen no one is going to pay me the billion dollars those three words are worth

Conker's Bad Fur Day Team-Based Shooter?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I saw Crucible was free to play on Steam and didn't even bother to check to see what kind of game it was.

I'm done with free to play, battle passes, loot boxes, and all of that.

I miss the days when I could just pay $60 and get the game I paid for, rather than being strung along for years and countless patches before the game actually takes shape and looks like the game I want it to be.

• Options
    ironheadironhead Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I saw Crucible was free to play on Steam and didn't even bother to check to see what kind of game it was.

I'm done with free to play, battle passes, loot boxes, and all of that.

I miss the days when I could just pay $60 and get the game I paid for, rather than being strung along for years and countless patches before the game actually takes shape and looks like the game I want it to be.

I feel you. The second I see that a game is "free" I immediately chose not to play it because I know that "free" just means I'll never stop having to pay for it.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    People can like different things! I've played Apex Legends a little over a year now, probably one of my top played games ever, and I've paid just short of $60 during the course of that time. Far more value in return and enjoyment than I get from almost any game I buy otherwise.

What is this I don't even.