As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] thread: Don't get excited, Dibby; we're just talking.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Whichever one's better, lol. Sure.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about Cores in ARAM Brawls not regenerating shields: on the one hand, it prevents the matches from stalling out forever (typically), but on the other hand, it allows me to win matches by just Orbital Striking their Core every 30 seconds or whatever, lol.
    Same here. Brawls drag on too much as it is, but if you fend off a core attack at Low% and you don't have all their Forts down and a straight shot on their core, a comeback is essentially impossible (6.5/10). It's inevitable that someone on the other team is going to poke your Core down or sneak by and kamikaze it. Feels like a lame duck game at that point and that you're just wasting time by trying to defend since there is basically no hope of pushing in on their Core. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a <10% Core comeback in Brawl.

Maybe if they tuned some other things about ARAM to reduce average game time somehow they could also bring back the Core shield to make a miraculous Core save not feel futile and hopeless. Hell, they could even make it half the shield of a normal game but reduce its no damage regen timer. Just something so it can't be single hero cheesed so badly.

forty on
  • Options
    Yeah, if they get you down to like 20-30%, you're fucked. It's just too easy for someone to ride straight around your team, or to hide in smoke for everyone to pass by, and just blitz your Core. At that point, you can't realistically leave your base or it's an automatic loss.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Strategy in AMAM zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    Brawls are legitimately a very worthwhile use of game time, in my opinion. They provide a low-stress environment to work on proper spacing, practice engages / counter-engages, count cooldowns, and experiment with characters and builds.

• Options
    Also they're the most efficient way to get a free loot chest.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I did a solo queue QM game tonight because I was a bit deflated about the SL grind and I wanted to play Tyrael.

Tyrael, Xul, Li-Ming, Nova, Tracer vs Jo, Yrel, Gaz, Jaina, Kael

I've got to main Tank against two Tanks. I can't peel, so I advise everyone to stay back. No healers. No one listens. We lose.

Yup, QM is still QM. Can't play anything it seems.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Huh, I thought he wasn't going to make any more.

Neat!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    He's not doing more "it'd be cool if" videos I think

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Get online let's fuck shit up

• Options

But the kids won’t allow it. :bigfrown:

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Or the wife

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Or the wife

To be fair, my wife would jump in the game and crush everyone.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Happy Father's Day, HotS thread.

• Options
    I can't win a match as Yrel. I've been watching videos, reading up, trying my best. I just don't feel like I'm doing anything productive at all except soaking.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I can't win a match as Yrel. I've been watching videos, reading up, trying my best. I just don't feel like I'm doing anything productive at all except soaking.

This is literally me as Johanna

I feel like I'm safeguarding my team, peeling like a boss, setting my team up, CCing with Condemn and Shield, tossing out Blinds, all while managing to clear and soak waves....

And I'm still sitting at like a 30-ish % WR with her.

Like, the fuck

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Heyooooo! I wasnt paying attention to the chat and missed an invite. Sorry folks!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

This is literally me as Johanna

I feel like I'm safeguarding my team, peeling like a boss, setting my team up, CCing with Condemn and Shield, tossing out Blinds, all while managing to clear and soak waves....

And I'm still sitting at like a 30-ish % WR with her.

Like, the fuck

This is because Johanna can't carry. Your potatoes can't exploit what Johanna brings to the game

• Options
    EbFESbOWsAAVa4C.jpg

sometimes dibby is allowed to have a good alarak game, as a treat

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Will someone please refresh my memory? Do the Nexomania lootboxes share loot with the MechaStorm loot? I mildly remember some old nexomania loot showing up in my old mechastorm boxes, and I assumed that was because they were both "Summer" events. However alternatively my memory is just bad. I really regret not unlocking a copy of Malthael's mecha skin, and I'm hoping to pick up a copy when it comes back to the seasonal shop.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Will someone please refresh my memory? Do the Nexomania lootboxes share loot with the MechaStorm loot? I mildly remember some old nexomania loot showing up in my old mechastorm boxes, and I assumed that was because they were both "Summer" events. However alternatively my memory is just bad. I really regret not unlocking a copy of Malthael's mecha skin, and I'm hoping to pick up a copy when it comes back to the seasonal shop.

Yes, Mechastorm 2 last year had Nexomania stuff in it.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Awesome. So I should be able to use some of my shards to grab the Malthael skin once it enters into the seasonal shop.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    2hdxfona0fzq.jpg

Oh shit y'all, it's ya' boi Dibby Dover here with some HYPER CARRY CASSIA!

Them Qs were on point. I was just poking them to death. And you know shit done gone crazy, when you got TWO LIGHTNING BALLS HOPPIN' AT THE SAME TIME!

Cassia good fam!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Enemy team is something like Illidan, Abathur, Rehgar, Tyrael, Cassia. They're clearly built to engage hard and hyper-carry with Bloodlusted Aba/Illidan.

Our team, as I recall, was Anub'arak, ETC (me), Deckard, Hanzo, and Junkrat. In comparison, we don't have nearly as much damage, but we have orders of magnitude more control.

Outside of Judgment / Hunt, they really don't have any way to break a Mosh. So all I have to do is wait for the engage, Q their deathball, and ult. Which works out really well ... except that, every single time I Mosh, our Junkrat immediately rips his Rocket Ride. Which would be fine if he were scoring kills with it, I guess? But he wasn't. So I'd land these big money whole-team Moshes, and he'd immediately take himself out of the fight with Rocket Ride. Every time. And if we didn't completely wipe them, we'd be fucked.

He'd even rip Rocket Rides whenever Dibby would cocoon someone. Like a Cocoon goes out on Illidan, and he'd immediately pop his ult to land on him. Do you know how fucking PRECISE you have to be to land that ult the instant Cocoon ends? If you mess it up by half of a second, he's out.

You know what you might do instead? THROW A FUCKING TRAP UNDER THE COCOON DUMBASS. That way, as soon as the ult finishes, he's stuck in place and gets smashed.

In our final fight, I catch everyone out and Junkrat again throws himself away with Rocket Ride. This is despite having Endless Nades and Canonballs. If the entire enemy team is stunned for 4 seconds and clumped up together in a Mosh, you can wipe every single one of them by simply spamming Q. In that scenario, you could literally just MASH Q and win the game.

We asked him to please stop throwing himself away with Rocket Ride, and he was like, "yeah, we're losing because of me. It's all my fault, okay" and just being a dick about it. And I'm not the kind of person who likes to throw blame at people, but ... yeah, you literally are the entire reason we lost. And your inability to recognize that is the reason you'll continue to lose.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Stukov instead of Deckard, but otherwise yeah, spot on. Damnable Junkrat.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    I like that story because it ends up with Rehgar winning.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    forty wrote: »

It was Alex, actually! Her W and Ult kept people alive through Moshes, so JR would blow his load SO EARLY and then they'd just all get healed back up.

Probably maybe the one game I would've advocated for Dragonstrike on Hanzo instead of the stun... Not sure it would've mattered though.

Edit: hmmm not sure they had Tyreal or Cassia either, I'll have to check match history. The games from that day are blurring together.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Are you sure it was Alex? I dunno, man. Maybe? You're right though; all the matches end up blurring together after a while. Hell, I saw the other day i have like 5-6k wins on this account, which means i probably have 10k games played. Which ... yeah.

Anyway, the point of the story isn't the comps; the other was (that particular) Junrat Bad.

• Options
    Are you sure it was Alex? I dunno, man. Maybe? You're right though; all the matches end up blurring together after a while. Hell, I saw the other day i have like 5-6k wins on this account, which means i probably have 10k games played. Which ... yeah.

Anyway, the point of the story isn't the comps; the other was (that particular) Junrat Bad.

I remember Cocooning Alex and trying to stun her out of the Cocoon only for her to pop her Ult and fly off... And I definitely remember using Cocoon on her Dragonform.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I swear that was a separate game. That was Volskaya? Fuck man, I dunno. You played a few Anub matches.

That was the match where we talked about popping Cocoon on Alex when she transformed, and about me using Holy Ground to knock everyone out of her circle.

And then she absolutely shit on both of us and carried her team super hard throughout the entire match.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    forty wrote: »

It was Alex, actually!
    I feel robbed.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Ds3RU2E.png
    We have a winner!!

The winner is me.

But I'm also the loser. Because we lost that match.

But as it turns out, the Volskaya game also had an Alex in it:

X6uODnR.png

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

@Dibby I TOLD YOU MECHASTORM AIN'T HAPPENED YET

• Options
    Whelk wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Dibby I TOLD YOU MECHASTORM AIN'T HAPPENED YET

wait wait wait hold on

hold the phone

you're telling me

mechastorm 2 was LAST YEAR?????????????????

what fucking year is it.....................

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby was telling me like literally yesterday that MechaStorm "just ended", and I knew that didn't make any sense, lol.

• Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Dibby was telling me like literally yesterday that MechaStorm "just ended", and I knew that didn't make any sense, lol.

Right? Like, c'mon man, the other four guys in the group might not be the ones experiencing time differently

• Options
    But as it turns out, the Volskaya game also had an Alex in it:

X6uODnR.png
    And a Rehgar! But the Rehgar lost. :(

• Options
    Whelk wrote: »

Right? Like, c'mon man, the other four guys in the group might not be the ones experiencing time differently

i am not a clever man

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    rIsrCWB.png

okay but like i'm looking at this and i still don't understand how this is possible

like i swear I SWEAR mechastorm 2 was RIGHT BEFORE DARK NEXUS 2

DNiDlnb.png