As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] thread: Don't get excited, Dibby; we're just talking.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, I think I may have figured it out. I swapped the video cards to no avail. So I decided to start testing the wires that connect the buttons on the case. The reset and LED buttons changed nothing. Once I unplugged the front Power button, the PC stopped the on/off power cycling. I plugged the Reset and LEDs and left he Power button unplugged, used a screwdriver to start the PC, and it's been running fine for several hours now.

What's frustrating is that this was one of the first things I checked. I thought I'd cleared it, but I guess I was wrong. Quite an expensive fix, but at least I upgraded everything but the GPU, so it's not a total loss.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Nice, upgraded computer!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    In my last three PCs, the case front panel has eventually fucked up somehow. All three cases from different brands. In one, the power button would get stuck. In another, the USB slots stopped working. In this one, if I plug in my headset cable in the front panel while the other end is plugged into the headset itself, there's about a 50% chance that the machine reboots.

I'm starting to suspect that case manufacturers just don't give a shit about the front panel.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OK, I think I may have figured it out. I swapped the video cards to no avail. So I decided to start testing the wires that connect the buttons on the case. The reset and LED buttons changed nothing. Once I unplugged the front Power button, the PC stopped the on/off power cycling. I plugged the Reset and LEDs and left he Power button unplugged, used a screwdriver to start the PC, and it's been running fine for several hours now.

What's frustrating is that this was one of the first things I checked. I thought I'd cleared it, but I guess I was wrong. Quite an expensive fix, but at least I upgraded everything but the GPU, so it's not a total loss.

Another member of the hotwire your computer club!! Welcome!

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I mean if you went through all this and didn't sneak in a graphics card upgrade then it's all been a huge waste...

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I’m going to try and plug the Reset button onto the Power port and see if I can use that button to power on/off the computer. Hopefully that will work, but if not, the repair shop has new buttons.

Edit: Just when things are looking good, the cosmos brings everything back into chaotic balance by having an upstairs toilet leak damage the laundry room ceiling. Sigh....

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Saeris wrote: »
    In my last three PCs, the case front panel has eventually fucked up somehow. All three cases from different brands. In one, the power button would get stuck. In another, the USB slots stopped working. In this one, if I plug in my headset cable in the front panel while the other end is plugged into the headset itself, there's about a 50% chance that the machine reboots.

I'm starting to suspect that case manufacturers just don't give a shit about the front panel.

I on the other hand have traded in all your luck; had a cat knock a coffee cup off my desk - spilled coffee onto the front panel of my pc - directly into vertical facing USB slots.

The usb slots and front panel still work fine going on ~6 years

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Saeris wrote: »

I on the other hand have traded in all your luck; had a cat knock a coffee cup off my desk - spilled coffee onto the front panel of my pc - directly into vertical facing USB slots.

The usb slots and front panel still work fine going on ~6 years

I had a pair of headphones plugged into the front of my pc. The kids were spinning in chairs by the desk and broke the plug off in the port. I tried all sorts of things to get it out (like dentist tools to try to get around it and all that) but nothing worked. I ended up cutting one end off a q-tip and putting super glue on that cut end. Stuck it to the broken plug and waited a while and it came right out. Now, the port still works, but it can be a little touchy and if I don't have it in just right, or jiggle the cord too much it'll get spotty or cut out for a bit. Overall works fine though.

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I’m going to try and plug the Reset button onto the Power port and see if I can use that button to power on/off the computer. Hopefully that will work, but if not, the repair shop has new buttons.

Edit: Just when things are looking good, the cosmos brings everything back into chaotic balance by having an upstairs toilet leak damage the laundry room ceiling. Sigh....
    There are still cases with Power and Reset buttons? Man, my cases have had nothing but a Power button for a long time.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    my fucking case doesn't even have a goddamn CD drive anymore, that's how modern it is. the front is literally just a blank sheet of metal. no slots. just a flat sheet of metal.

y'all.

y'all.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »

There are still cases with Power and Reset buttons? Man, my cases have had nothing but a Power button for a long time.

That's what I thought, but I just found out yesterday that my Fractal Design Define R4 case has a reset button next to power, inset to look like one of the front panel input jacks.

I also found out that the mic input jack will detect a mic being plugged in, but not actually do anything with that input. I wasted 20 minutes fiddling with volume settings before trying the rear jack, which worked fine, as does the front headphone jack. There could be something to Saeris's manufacturers-not-giving-a-shit-about-front-panels theory.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I just ran into someone with a 41.4% win rate. I knew they existed but I never saw one before. He just ran it down all game and got mad when no one on the other team died even though he was literally by himself.

Good times, good times.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I just ran into someone with a 41.4% win rate. I knew they existed but I never saw one before. He just ran it down all game and got mad when no one on the other team died even though he was literally by himself.

Good times, good times.

what should ones win% be ?

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    https://youtu.be/Ud25COfYm0Q

At the end here, they trying to make Gazlowe look like he don't need buffs.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    That Rag ult omg

Steam profile
  • Options
    How does Mal'ganis Spreading Plague work? It says "after casting". Does that mean people near you after the initial half second cast get the DoT? Or people near you when you stop floating around? It's unclear to me how to actually get the DoT from it to apply consistently.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Isn't it just like a version of Burning Rage?

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Spreading Plague starts when you start the ability now; prior to the rework it started when you stopped floating

2020-06-23 Patch Notes:

Spreading Plague [E]
    Adjusted functionality: Spreading Plague's effect now starts when Mal'Ganis begins using Night Rush instead of when Night Rush expires.

IMO this was a bad change but I guess it makes it more intuitive to how other burning rage talents work; you want to maintain up time on spreading plague, which requires you to AA other heroes; so having the ability start once your out of the float animation makes sense; gives you as much time as possible to get an auto in. The change makes you waste 2 sec floating of your 5 sec window to get an auto in; and right after you end the animation; you don't want to auto anyone next to you, because they should be sleeping; the extra potential dot dmg you get in on the sleeping target is not useful, cause your a tank

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Truly a scourge...yskq2u9c8ewm.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Spreading Plague starts when you start the ability now; prior to the rework it started when you stopped floating

2020-06-23 Patch Notes:

Spreading Plague [E]
    Adjusted functionality: Spreading Plague's effect now starts when Mal'Ganis begins using Night Rush instead of when Night Rush expires.

IMO this was a bad change but I guess it makes it more intuitive to how other burning rage talents work; you want to maintain up time on spreading plague, which requires you to AA other heroes; so having the ability start once your out of the float animation makes sense; gives you as much time as possible to get an auto in. The change makes you waste 2 sec floating of your 5 sec window to get an auto in; and right after you end the animation; you don't want to auto anyone next to you, because they should be sleeping; the extra potential dot dmg you get in on the sleeping target is not useful, cause your a tank
    Wow, so they did change it not that long ago. That is not intuitive at all.

• Options
    I just watched the wife obliterate an opposing team in QM with Li Li. She should be tried for war crimes for what she did to the enemy Butcher. At one point, he charged into her and threw his ult down and she calmly medallion'd the whole thing away. She then sent him running in terror to his wall.

Post-match stats had her 3rd highest hero damage overall, highest healing, in on every kill (although didn't secure any), and only 1 death. All that without Water Dragon (since medallions kind of kill it). And that win gave her enough XP to get to level 177?! Damn hon, calm it done a bit, will ya'?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I don't know if someone burning a 5 minute cooldown to deal with the 45 second cooldown Water Dragon slow would necessarily be killing it. Seems like a pretty good trade compared to negating, say, Lambs to the Slaughter.

forty on
  • Options
    I agree as well, but the wife seems pretty set on sticking with cups. The side bonus of cups is not hearing whining from her teammates for taking water dragon.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Yeah Medallion is not nearly the "lol CC heroes are fukt" that many people thought it would be.

It's still a 5 minute cd! You aren't even using it on cd! You get to use it like two or three times a game maximum.

It's still neat to have, though. But not the gamechanger people thought it'd be.

Half the time I see people not using it correctly either which just confirms that no one understands how to play this game. And confirms that people who hound healers for not taking Cleanse are full of shit if they don't even know how to do it themselves.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I'm horrible at using it and hope it doesn't become permanent just so I don't have to feel like I'm at even more of a disadvantage vs. competent players.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Anyone paying attention would've assumed that Medallion only impacts high-level games, given the mechanic and its long cooldown.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Yeah Medallion is not nearly the "lol CC heroes are fukt" that many people thought it would be.

It's still a 5 minute cd! You aren't even using it on cd! You get to use it like two or three times a game maximum.

It's still neat to have, though. But not the gamechanger people thought it'd be.

Half the time I see people not using it correctly either which just confirms that no one understands how to play this game. And confirms that people who hound healers for not taking Cleanse are full of shit if they don't even know how to do it themselves.

I mean a lot of us recognized the importance of the 5-minute cooldown :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    I had a Hanzo use it against me as Maiev to prevent him getting pulled in lane.

In lane. Against a solo Maiev. Who can't kill people 1v1.

Enjoy that 5 min cooldown, buddy.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    rf85vhuf69h0.png

Oh hell yeah. Gaz skin never changing.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    rf85vhuf69h0.png

Oh hell yeah. Gaz skin never changing.

I still prefer the Mars Attacks one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y'all seriously be out here talking gazlowe skins and not even MENTIONING the clown skin??? his BEST ONE??? BIG TOP BOY????????

smdh y'all

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    c l o w n
    s k i n
    w o r s t
    s k i n
    t b h

Dover's got you on this one, chief.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Gaz down 2 clown 24/7/365

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    As a huge fan of StarCraft, this skin is perfect. And at certain angles, we the skin cover Gaz making it look like basically an SCV, which is the closest we'll ever get to having an SCV hero.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Also, SL was terrible last night and my drive to rank out of low Silver in dwindling again. Stupidity in draft with selfish picks and a refusal to fill roles coupled with terrible play and saltiness killed my desire to keep going. Went to QM and got a dominate win with Stitches, but I know I'll hate QM when I get into a game without a Tank/Healer. :bigfrown:

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    c l o w n
    s k i n
    w o r s t
    s k i n
    t b h

Dover's got you on this one, chief.

i don't even know you anymore ducks

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    WHO CALLED FOR A ONE-GOBLIN WRECKING CREW????

These Gaz buffs are legiiiiiiit!!!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    @MMMig you can't say shit like that and not post the notes.

Patch notes.

Nice fountain changes. Adds a little risk/reward to early fountain sniping without killing the strat.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Speaking of Tower damage changes, I could swear the other day on Infernal Shrines that a Fort targeted me for hitting an enemy hero while our Punisher was in range of it. I thought they had made it so Forts/Keeps would always prioritize the objective if it was in range...

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Speaking of Tower damage changes, I could swear the other day on Infernal Shrines that a Fort targeted me for hitting an enemy hero while our Punisher was in range of it. I thought they had made it so Forts/Keeps would always prioritize the objective if it was in range...

I don't think that's accurate

Steam profile