As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] thread: Don't get excited, Dibby; we're just talking.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Maybe I'm getting confused with something they were considering doing but didn't actually go through with.

forty on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The structure prioritization changes are still dumb and I can't believe they are doubling down on them by making them hit harder.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    What's a "crit kicker" under Gazlow changes? Uther too.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The structure prioritization changes are still dumb and I can't believe they are doubling down on them by making them hit harder.

I don't mind them?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    What's a "crit kicker" under Gazlow changes? Uther too.

It's the graphical text effect where it gets bigger and more pronounced.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Aren't crit kickers those explosion looking bubbles indicating you're dealing or healing more than normal? Like D.Va at close range gets the extra damage, thus the little bubbles.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'm just gonna repeat this post in case anyone from Blizzard is paying attention to all the whining on reddit and want to do something about it:
    How to (partially) solve the matchmaker in Storm League for high ranks:

(1) Make the MMR of any given group of any size equivalent to that of the highest MMR player on the team, rather than some kind of average.
    (2) Players in Masters+ should be placed in a separate priority queue to have games with each other regardless of MMR. (Rule #1 would apply here - if you are a Master+ queuing with a group, your entire group will be placed in this priority queue and forced to play against other Master+ players/groups.)
    (3) Matchmaking grabs players in some kind of pattern (1A-1B-1A-1B-1A-1B-1A-1B-1A-1B, 1A-2B-2A-3B-1A, whatever) based on MMR ranking to fill each team.
    (4) After 5 minutes, if no other players can be found, the Diamond 1 player with the highest MMR can be pulled into the game immediately. If no such player can be found, it goes down the ranks accordingly until one can be found.

Rule #1 is actually applicable across all ranks, and if you wanted to make it slightly more nuanced you could place a floor/ceiling on how much adjustment you can make. I would, however, start with the principle that you want to be as close to the highest-MMR player as possible, rather than trying to adjust for the "weakest" player on the team.

Playing in groups in a ranked setting requires some kind of acknowledgement that you are getting an advantage for doing so. Similarly, it incentivizes people to play with those who are closer to their ranks, because there's no benefit to queuing with smurfs or weaker players unless you are fine going into a match with a disadvantage. If people want to play with their friends for fun there are still 3 other game modes that can accomplish that feat in a less competitively-oriented environment.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Saw this on Cris' stream today.

Was able to recreate it. =)
    wwxiy25b4evx.jpg
    o0czadtamoj9.jpg

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Saw this on Cris' stream today.

Was able to recreate it. =)

Clever girl......

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    THEY ADDED MELTING POINT BACK IN?!?!?!?!

God, they removed that back in like... fucking 2016. Holy shit, fam.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    NGL this is kind of adorable:
    https://youtu.be/Yscc3rtBsWI

• Options
    When the hell is Blizzard going to give Garrosh the Muradin mana treatment? And why not??

• Options
    So Mei got released in June 2020...

Mengsk release coming... soon???

?

:(

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    New series, worth subscribing to in order to support:
    https://youtu.be/_xiszRuuj20
    https://youtu.be/uAmbAHFCTn4

• Options
    OK this was prob the greatest brawl I've ever had.
    ry7jlkxpg8zy.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Speaking of Tower damage changes, I could swear the other day on Infernal Shrines that a Fort targeted me for hitting an enemy hero while our Punisher was in range of it. I thought they had made it so Forts/Keeps would always prioritize the objective if it was in range...

I don't think that's accurate

It is I have seen it target a player far more than the punisher/robot suit, Zerg wave and so on

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Speaking of Tower damage changes, I could swear the other day on Infernal Shrines that a Fort targeted me for hitting an enemy hero while our Punisher was in range of it. I thought they had made it so Forts/Keeps would always prioritize the objective if it was in range...

It is I have seen it target a player far more than the punisher/robot suit, Zerg wave and so on

Structure target priority is as follows:
    • Towers will prioritize in order: (1) objectives, (2) minions, (3) summons, (4) heroes
    • Forts and Keeps will prioritize: (1) heroes that hit other heroes, followed by (2) the same target priority above

If it sounds confusing that's because it IS confusing. If they were so dead set on keeping the conditional hero priority then they should've just put objectives above everything else and kept all structures with the same target priority order. Instead there's now this confusing two-layer logic where the buildings in front behave completely differently from the buildings behind them.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    It's been 2 years. Can we all finally agree that I'm responsible for this play, not @Inquisitor77 ?

ETC slides in with the zoning Mosh to force the engage, good
    Stukov turns a zoning mosh into a 3man Pyro wipe, better

https://www.twitch.tv/milk_ducks/clip/InterestingJazzyVampireVoHiYo

milk ducks on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Structure target priority is as follows:
    • Towers will prioritize in order: (1) objectives, (2) minions, (3) summons, (4) heroes
    • Forts and Keeps will prioritize: (1) heroes that hit other heroes, followed by (2) the same target priority above

If it sounds confusing that's because it IS confusing. If they were so dead set on keeping the conditional hero priority then they should've just put objectives above everything else and kept all structures with the same target priority order. Instead there's now this confusing two-layer logic where the buildings in front behave completely differently from the buildings behind them.

OK that would be the source of my confusion lol, thanks

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    It's been 2 years. Can we all finally agree that I'm responsible for this play, not Inquisitor77 ?

It looked like a good team play. Thumbs up to both of you, although it was only a 2-man wipe.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    It's been 2 years. Can we all finally agree that I'm responsible for this play, not @Inquisitor77 ?

On what planet are you responsible for a Mosh Pit that has already landed on two people and can't be interrupted by anyone outside of it?!?!?!?!

• Options
    Because I converted the zoning Mosh into a team wipe by adding Arthas to the pile and allowing the Pyro to cleave to three targets???? lol

• Options
    Because I converted the zoning Mosh into a team wipe by adding Arthas to the pile and allowing the Pyro to cleave to three targets???? lol

Kael'thas was casting Pyro before I even used Q, let alone before I cast Mosh. By then it was a formality that both Kharazim and Tassadar were dead, as he was the one who did all the damage on them.

What you did was make it better, yes, by putting Arthas in there. But you also risked shoving everyone out of the Mosh entirely. You also saved Lunara because she was a potato who was dying to Arthas when she shouldn't have been. But Arthas would've died afterwards regardless of whether our potato Lunara survived, just on a longer, staggered death timer.

On what fucking planet is that a "zoning Mosh" when two targets are actually IN the Mosh, all the damage is free to attack those targets, and everyone in the Mosh is actually going to die regardless of anything you did with Swipe? Are you actually taking credit for the ONE FUCKING AUTO ATTACK that Lunara does on the Moshed targets?

Bro are you trolling me? Has ducks secretly been a bad at this game this entire time?

• Options
  • Options
    bruh Antaeus you fuckin slid in with Q hit no one with the Q and slammed mosh and the other two WALKED INTO IT, Lunara was getting beefed on by Arthas, literally would've died if not for the Flailing Swipe, Arthas had split off the entire rest of team

that was a fuckin zoning mosh my dude

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    bruh Antaeus you fuckin slid in with Q hit no one with the Q and slammed mosh and the other two WALKED INTO IT, Lunara was getting beefed on by Arthas, literally would've died if not for the Flailing Swipe, Arthas had split off the entire rest of team

Did they walk into it, or did I see that KT cast Pyro and just went for the only play I could make at the time?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that Kharazim and Tass walked out of the Mosh before it went off - what exactly would ducks have accomplished there? He wouldn't have done anything to Kharazim and Tass because of basic physics - he can only push them to the right, not to the left into the Mosh. The only thing you can give him credit for us pushing Arthas into the Mosh to save Lunara, which I already said repeatedly that he should definitely get credit for.

P.S. - I know you guys are trolling because the only other explanation would be that you are even worse at the game than I already think you are.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Dibby wrote: »

Did they walk into it, or did I see that KT cast Pyro and just went for the only play I could make at the time?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that Kharazim and Tass walked out of the Mosh before it went off - what exactly would ducks have accomplished there? He wouldn't have done anything to Kharazim and Tass because of basic physics - he can only push them to the right, not to the left into the Mosh. The only thing you can give him credit for us pushing Arthas into the Mosh to save Lunara, which I already said repeatedly that he should definitely get credit for.

P.S. - I know you guys are trolling because the only other explanation would be that you are even worse at the game than I already think you are.

you are taking this so fucking seriously lmfao
    yes i'm fucking trolling you dude :p

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dude that's the reason I always bring it up.
    He'll literally do a frame-by-frame breakdown of the engagement and I'm absolutely here for it.

• Options
    AAAAHHHHHH!!!

qyszdyxi1lfz.png
    AAAAHHHHHH!!!
    jslk;dfjalksd hrfioaef l;kansdflkjasdlkfj

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm going to assume that's Storm League because otherwise it'd just be another day in QM.

• Options
    I thought maybe DW had taken that Protected talent at 1 to limit Bullet's potential value, but it looks like he took the regen talent (I'm bad at recognizing DW talents visually, but I think that's what it is), so I dunno. Might just be clown shoes.

• Options
    Djdicudjoxxjxhhxyddhsjisksbsakkaoaoajejsod....

QM

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Same with aram. 2 heroes that never took % dmg vs deathwing.

Them: I'm not going to revolve my talents around a single hero

Me: we have no healer, thrall %dmg heal on dw is huge though

Them: yeah but like every 5 minutes

I stopped trying after that ^^
    It was aram anyways

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Wouldn't that also be a huge heal for Thrall?

• Options
    yeah but like every 5 minutes

• Options
    It's not every 5 minutes, but it is basically on an ult cooldown because you have to do ability damage 40 times to activate it.

In a normal game I would probably go Rolling Thunder + Ancestral into Deathwing, but in an ARAM game there's a good argument to be made that you should just go all dings all the time.

• Options
    My post was facetious.

• Options
    Forty was quoting a man of grace and intelligence.

Also, this CCL ice-breaker tourney is fun. Dynouh's team pulling crazy comebacks, Nic's team getting obliterated.

Hasuobs up now.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Exhibition matches for the CCL:
    https://youtu.be/4lxX_cRyTi4