As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] thread: Don't get excited, Dibby; we're just talking.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    EhC2WS-WkAA0tFR.jpg

Haaaaaaaaa, this fucking game. Our Chromie and Artanis are just being SUPER awful the entire time, but, that aside they also just keep bitching us out the entire game. We give an obj because Azmo is MOWING DOWN bot lane with Mercs and we can't ignore that, Chromie goes "guess no one cares about obj". Okay, bruh.

After an entire fucking game of not making any headway, Chromie says some shit like "matchmaking in this game sucks, it's a good game but they don't take care of it" and it's like, bro. We are NOT losing because of matchmaking right now. Yes, their comp is scary. Yes, they have crazy fucking splitpush. Yes, they have dive out the ass. But we have ways to win. And we have ways to leverage our teamcomp and win fights, if we just get our heads out of our asses and work together. Chromie has a fucking shitfit tantrum and afks in base for a bit. We win a teamfight! I've been leveraging Ice Wall into blowing people up out of it and it's been turning fights into instant 5v4s. Two of them are dead, I ping the shit out of top Boss since that has an open path to Keep, we all go on it, Chromie gets there and decides to Back at FULL HEALTH for no reason (????). They show up, I scare them off, we take boss, we PUSH HARD. Take Keep. We push in on Core. We HAVE to Core at this point, we have no alternative. We shove that shit with everything we've got and win the game.

Meanwhile, Chromie was bottom lane near our Keep killing minions, I guess.

But it's like, man. Just throw comps out the window for like one second and really think about what you can do to win. Think about how your comp functions, even if the enemy team's is "better". Think about what you can do within that to make things work. And we had a Mei with Ice Wall, a Li-Ming with fuck-you burst, a Cassia with blowup... We Ice Wall a target when they dive in, stun them out of it with Blizzard and blow them the fuck up and that's how we win teamfights. Maybe you'd notice that if you weren't so busy raging at "the matchmaking" :rotate:

A victory well earned, though.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I think the no healing at the Altar thing in ARAM is also kind of dumb.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am happy the brawl is going away as I am tired of dealing with people refusing to play tanks or heals

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am happy the brawl is going away as I am tired of dealing with people refusing to play tanks or heals

It's not going away just being renamed, not giving chests for doing 3/week, and letting you complete quests.

Also, you can play the other modes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the games last night @traib and @Inquisitor77. Sorry about not capping the point in the last game on Alterac, I thought you had it. :)

Played a game on Thrall last night before grouping up. The enemy team had a Kel'Thuzad that was having his way all game hiding behind a tank and comboing us to death. Near the end of the game, we had a big post-20 fight while we were trying to finish capping the boss.

Having enough of KTZ's shit, I decided to dive him hard using Blink that I just got. He didn't see it coming and got absolutely eviscerated. Without their big damage dealer, we rolled the rest of the team.

I'm doing surprisingly good on Thrall lately. Don't know what it is, although I imagine the uncoordinated chaos of QM fuels my winrate a lot.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

It's not going away just being renamed, not giving chests for doing 3/week, and letting you complete quests.

Also, you can play the other modes.

I will stick to QP to play my games less silly geese and less reasons of telling people I turned off chat 4 years ago for a reason

• Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Ballsy KTZs and Lucios really grind my gears. I will go out of my way sometimes to just remove a KTZ from the equation so the rest of my team doesn't have to deal with the bullshit. Lucy is a bit harder to make that happen.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular

In my experience, you are orders of magnitude more likely to go into ARAM with a Tank and a Healer than you are if you queue QM.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Only AI battles have shown the "joy" of the 4 healer + Deathwing lineup.

Hillariously those matches end up being some of the faster wins in bot matches.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    milk ducks wrote: »

In my experience, you are orders of magnitude more likely to go into ARAM with a Tank and a Healer than you are if you queue QM.
    I don't know about orders of magnitude, but in my experience it is more likely. HOWEVER, some of that is probably in part due to players like us being ready to step up and take the tank or healer role offered to us in ARAM if no one else is showing one. I probably play a non-healer/tank in about 1/3 of my ARAM games, so I'm doing more than my fair share to keep the roles represented.

For what it's worth, I think QM still keeps you from ending up in healer vs. no healer, or tank vs. no tank* matches, while ARAM does not.

*Unless you get matched with a Varian, who will always go CS/TB if he's the only possible tank on your team.

forty on
  • Options
    tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular

Honestly I'd agree with this. I think a large reason is that it's kinda like a hybrid draft/QM mode. In QM it's obviously you just get what you get, and everyone just has to deal. In draft it's always well someone else can do it, and you either get stuck with it or say screw it and your team goes without.

In ARAM though, you see everyone's options. You know that you and maybe one other person have that healer option. So if you don't do it, no one else CAN do it. Of course there are times that your only healer choice still doesn't get picked, but it feels like those scenarios are less common in my personal experiences with it. When people realize that they are the only person that can heal or tank, they're more likely to choose the role than in other modes when they can just put that onus on someone else to do that role.

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    It's almost like being selfish has consequences and making those consequences apparent to people makes them behave less selfishly and take responsibility for their choices.

• Options
    Nah, my losses are everyone else's fault.

• Options
    I'm dying to know more about Starcraft in Azeroth. They should post more teasers.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/CHD-C1v4vJg

Having played Diablo over the last few days, I can confirm that the E thing bothers the shit out of me.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    x9q3mvbakyhn.png

Turning things around a little bit.

Also, and I know it's only on PTR right now, but I'm pretty happy about the Unstoppable mutation. On a 5-minute timer, it can't be abused and it removes that awful "I guess I don't get to play" CC-chain that we've all experienced at one time or another. Well, at least you can avoid it once in a while. :biggrin:

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Finally got around to trying Mei. I had no idea she was this man's thirsty. Or maybe that's because I was soaking a lane with w while my team stayed mid first eternity minutes. All in all in like her. I need to get better at the combo though definitely.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Is she mans thirsty? I got the impression she went the other way.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    She's not that mana thirsty if you properly manage abilities while laning. While laning, W is the only ability worth using. Period the end. Q and E do not do enough damage to warrant using on the wave, so you're basically just using W and plinking down with autos. However, once you get Polar Vortex, absolutely use Q to proc the 4 sec duration of that, then W. Or vice versa. The Big One also helps a lot but that's 20.

In teamfights though? Oh god yeah. She chews through mana super fast.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    So fun playing a hero that just gets to auto attack while laning. :rotate:

It's ridiculous that Flurry doesn't lower the cost of Blizzard.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Is it me, or is SL particularly harder this season?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    6o0yfp9nx09q.png

Talk about losing at the loading screen. This went as bad as you think it did. Qhira was blaming me all game long, because I didn't die enough or something. Negative Trait value I guess.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    EhQNRsjWoAEK1Qw.jpg

I took a ~2 week break from HotS, no reason in particular, but I came back and now I'm crushing it, fam. Absolutely slaying.

Mei's good too tho, I mean :p

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I tried out Malth to try and double soak, but got placed into a 2-lane map. Sigh.

On the plus side, the enemy team had a Deathwing and I had a huge power trip just wrecking him. So many ults for tons of damage and resets.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Got my Brawl medicine down tonight in case it goes away with the patch tomorrow. The last 2 pills were bad.

The first game we were slightly ahead, got to 10 a little before them (but no major team fight before they hit 10), then when it was like 11 vs 10 our team got all cocky and foolish vs. an incredibly CC and burst heavy team. Meanwhile, every game the other team hits 10 first, my team forces a fight while down heroics and then we get even further behind, either setting up our loss, or an incredibly protracted game of throws. Anyway, we start getting destroyed in fight after fight because their heroics + CC just destroy us, and Anub as a lone front line can't stand up to it. Game ends up something like 4-18.

The second game, I got offered tanks and DPS, our healer players either didn't pick or were AFK for the pick, so we ended up with no healing vs. a very good, pokey comp. Apparently everyone else recognized the hopelessness of it, because 3 of them bail on the game. I go back to sit in the hall of storms with the bots because fuck trying to play like this. The only good thing is it was over fast, since they were able to do a continuous push to our core and win at level 5, with only our Nova trying to pester them a bit.

I'm not sure if I'll do ARAM outside of someone in a party wanting to do it anymore, now that there will be no reward attached.

forty on
  • Options
    Think we'll hear more about the War/Star-Craft hybrid thing today?

• Options
    Think we'll hear more about the War/Star-Craft hybrid thing today?

Pretty sure it's just skins, innit? Like there were a bunch on PTR right?

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Oh? I didn't catch any info other than that cryptic shit they posted on Twitter.

• Options
    Just looked them up on WoWhead. Mineral Harvester Gazlowe is cool, otherwise I sleep.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I kinda like the new Mei skin too, but not more than pajamas

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Seems kind of weird that the newest hero got a new skin already.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I sleep.

Also, imagine playing Arthas in 2020 lol

[Edit] especially in a season when literally everyone gets a free self-cleanse lol

milk ducks on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Just looked them up on WoWhead. Mineral Harvester Gazlowe is cool, otherwise I sleep.

Pretty huge dva and gaz reworks as well

• Options
    Oh I just meant in terms of the skins

• Options
    I like the looks of the "Craft Wars" stuff. I'm kind of glad that I didn't buy any of the Yrel or Valla mekka skins. I feel like I just prefer Vanilla Yrel, and I like my Christmas elf Valla more.

But for craft wars? I definitely need Valerian Wrynn

I kind of want SCV Gazlowe, but I suspect that they're missing the opportunity to make his turrets tiny missile turrets since they didn't showcase them.

I don't think that I'm really feeling infested Arthas. I'm not sure how I feel about the Artanis skin itself, but I like the reskins on the attack animations.

I also like the Alliance Vulture.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I sleep.

Also, imagine playing Arthas in 2020 lol

[Edit] especially in a season when literally everyone gets a free self-cleanse lol

😔

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    Best part of that craft wars trailer is the comment "The frost swarm hungers....."

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I'm amazed that the Anduin skin is so cheap since it's my favorite one.

edit:
    I don't know why there are portraits on the Warcraft Vultures in the first place, but they've got pictures of Anduin on them except for the Kul Tiras one which has a picture of Jaina instead.

bw8jdahhkmzd.jpg

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I like the looks of the "Craft Wars" stuff. I'm kind of glad that I didn't buy any of the Yrel or Valla mekka skins. I feel like I just prefer Vanilla Yrel, and I like my Christmas elf Valla more.

But for craft wars? I definitely need Valerian Wrynn

I kind of want SCV Gazlowe, but I suspect that they're missing the opportunity to make his turrets tiny missile turrets since they didn't showcase them.

I don't think that I'm really feeling infested Arthas. I'm not sure how I feel about the Artanis skin itself, but I like the reskins on the attack animations.

I also like the Alliance Vulture.

Apparently Gazlowes turrets are little command centers, which is awesome.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page