As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That is not [bad food] which does eternal lie, and in strange youtubes, even food may die

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I keep a jar of Jif and a jar of Peter Pan peanut butters in my pantry because they're useful for different things. I would never make spicy peanut sauce using Jif, but I happily dip my apple slices in it.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I bought rice sausage and mushrooms to make a breakfast ricebowl thingie.

Every fucking pan in the house was dirty. I had to use a wok to cook the mushrooms ( sausage was pre cooked and microwaveable)and in my anger I didnt think to season the mushrooms first so that was a mess.

Still good. Im gonna try again with steak and egg as the proteins and green beans mince garlic and mushrooms as the veggies.

Not sure what kind of sauce to use. A1 maybe?

Now I'm sitting here thinking of the mechanics of a rice sausage

The hard part is getting enough natural rice casing

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I have finally finished my first bottle of vegemite and enjoyed it a lot, anyone want to recommend the next type of "mite" I should try?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I have finally finished my first bottle of vegemite and enjoyed it a lot, anyone want to recommend the next type of "mite" I should try?

Dolomite

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Red spider mite

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

I'm personally not a fan of it, but I reckon you could give marmite a go
    and then CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

Every fucking pan in the house was dirty. I had to use a wok to cook the mushrooms ( sausage was pre cooked and microwaveable)and in my anger I didnt think to season the mushrooms first so that was a mess.

Still good. Im gonna try again with steak and egg as the proteins and green beans mince garlic and mushrooms as the veggies.

The Chinese figured it out a loooooooong time ago, so no need to reinvent the wheel there.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/615515474051071685/

Nuomi chang (simplified Chinese: 糯米肠; traditional Chinese: 糯米腸; pinyin: nuòmǐ cháng; Jyutping: no6 mai5 coeng2; Cantonese Yale: noh máih chéung) is a white-colored sausage consisting of glutinous rice and flavoring stuffed into a casing and then steamed or boiled until cooked. The nuomi chang of some Chinese cultures have blood as a binding agent similar to Korean sundae.

sarukun on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Concept: cauliflower sausage.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well its a sasuage idnt it if you can stuff it into a length of intestine its a sausage, caulifower sausage corn sasuage seaweed sasuage cork sausage gravel sausage

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I never sausage a thing!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    In Taiwan (and I assume the mainland as well) they have these bad boys called “da chang bao xiang chang” (大腸包香腸) which basically means “large sausage wrapped around fragrant sausage” and it is one of those rice sausages cut down the middle and squeezed around a Taiwanese style sweet pork sausage and they’re great and you can get one for like 75 cents.

I am very down with any group of people that look at a sausage and go “you know what this sausage needs is another sausage”.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

It's always hilarious to me that within the Vegemite versus Marmite battle that rages on between England and Australia, out of every thousand people swearing their fealty to one or the other, there's one person who is like "What about Promite" and everyone turns and does that scream from Invasion Of The Body Snatchers at them.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular

just like... uncomfortably long sushi

Fried Rice Sausage Live! 1:26:08
    https://youtu.be/mB3fRQyhz60

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Five Guys was a mistake.

I should have just got a burg.

This is too many fries and I shouldn't have gotten cajun.

• Options
    Five Guys: Burgers and fries and fries and fries and fries and fries and

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Five Guys was a mistake.

I should have just got a burg.

This is too many fries and I shouldn't have gotten cajun.

yes, no, no, and no

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    cajun fries are the best

just

I want more of the cajun spice

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I had to eat half the fries to see the burg and now i'm too full for burg

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Problem with Five Guys is that it's not the same if I can't eat in and go through a bunch of peanuts waiting for the burger and such.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I will stipulate that if you don't want All the Fries, then yes, going to Five Guys is a mistake.
    but then you should just not go to Five Guys at all.

• Options
    I will stipulate that if you don't want All the Fries, then yes, going to Five Guys is a mistake.
    but then you should just not go to Five Guys at all.

It was an experiment and I got the result and yeah this will be my plan going forward.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I've never dared get a large order of fries at Five Guys.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I once did because I was eating there with a group so I said "I'll just get one large fries that'll be plenty for all of us."

They each added their own fries. Some say they're still there trying to finish them to this day

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I did once and I ate it over like a day and a half

warmed them up in the oven

it was actually pretty good not gonna lie

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Drenched in malt vinegar and ketchup!

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

Drenched in malt vinegar and ketchup!

751485805494796320.png?v=1

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I just finished the last of my stew and it inspired me to write a haiku.

Ooooooooh beef so tender
    Juicy juicy soft thicc beef
    Like cherry blossoms

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I just finished the last of my stew and it inspired me to write a haiku.

Ooooooooh beef so tender
    Juicy juicy soft thicc beef
    Like cherry blossoms

That sounds more like a wagku.

• Options
    I made a marinade with garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, Dijon mustard, and apple vinegar.

It’s.... fine.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've found a korean bagel joint. They do a bulgogi bagel and a korean-fried-chicken bagel

I am... Very intrigued.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'd try both of those.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'd get down on a bulgogal, certainly. Bagogi? Either way, I'm here for it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm. Some spicy sesame beef with a kimchi topping on a bagel sounds really good.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I'd get down on a bulgogal, certainly. Bagogi? Either way, I'm here for it.

Balgogel?

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular

It's always hilarious to me that within the Vegemite versus Marmite battle that rages on between England and Australia, out of every thousand people swearing their fealty to one or the other, there's one person who is like "What about Promite" and everyone turns and does that scream from Invasion Of The Body Snatchers at them.

My Mum's a Promite diehard and growing up she would give us Promite on toast and tell us it was Vegemite. As soon as I found out about this deception I insisted we get some actual Vegemite and haven't looked back since. Although for a few years she persisted in making me Vegemite toast and spread it on thickly like you would Promite, despite me repeatedly stating I just wanted to make my own toast.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    I made a marinade with garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, Dijon mustard, and apple vinegar.

It’s.... fine.

This sounds like too much vinegar and not enough acid to cut through it. Cutting the apple vinegar and subbing the soy sauce for ponzu or just adding a dash of lime juice could be a huge difference.

Unless you really like vinegar, I guess.

• Options

My Mum's a Promite diehard and growing up she would give us Promite on toast and tell us it was Vegemite. As soon as I found out about this deception I insisted we get some actual Vegemite and haven't looked back since. Although for a few years she persisted in making me Vegemite toast and spread it on thickly like you would Promite, despite me repeatedly stating I just wanted to make my own toast.

ok this is kinda weird
    like don't get me wrong i'm all for gaslighting children this is just a particularly bizarre manifestation

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I learned about Bovril today and it melted my mind a little

particularly the parts about it being named after a science fiction story and the part about how some people mix it with milk

I wanted to buy some but it's illegal to import it into the US

• Options
    I learned about Bovril today and it melted my mind a little

particularly the parts about it being named after a science fiction story and the part about how some people mix it with milk

I wanted to buy some but it's illegal to import it into the US

This sounded ridiculous to me, so I googled it, and it's because of fucking Mad Cow Disease. Something there have been 231 cases of ever in humans. Like, yeah, I get it, prions are fuckin' scary, but come on.

• Options
    ipso facto it should be illegal to import politicians, they've often caused many more deaths.

This discussion has been closed.