As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Summer 2020 [TV]: Revenge of the Bachelor

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Shannon rules

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    you put a mean girl in any show and she is guaranteed to be my favorite character

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Aw. Diana Rigg died. Mrs Peel, you were always needed.

One of the few shows we watched as a family growing up.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Aw. Diana Rigg died. Mrs Peel, you were always needed.

One of the few shows we watched as a family growing up.

One of the best opening credits of all time, which made it surprising when Doom Patrol remade the entire thing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    actually, just copying my character rankings from twitter:

lost - season one

the pig what swore revenge on sawyer
    shannon
    vincent, the dog
    john locke
    sayid
    jin
    sun
    charlie
    arzt
    michael
    the french lady
    claire
    shirtless sawyer
    walt
    hurley
    jack
    boone
    sawyer with a shirt on
    kate

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2020
    actually, just copying my character rankings from twitter:

lost - season one

the pig what swore revenge on sawyer
    shannon
    vincent, the dog
    john locke
    sayid
    jin
    sun
    charlie
    arzt
    michael
    the french lady
    claire
    shirtless sawyer
    walt
    hurley
    jack
    boone
    sawyer with a shirt on
    kate

I can’t disagree with anything on this list

I think Jin would be a little lower though.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hmmm...when Locke explains backgammon to Walt...is that some kind of metaphor or foreshadowing?

I CAN’T TELL

• Options
    jin is a beautiful man with crime problems

he is a beach kiryu

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Why are we all watching Lost

Cause I, too, have been watching Lost

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

What the fuck else is there to do at this point of 2020?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    jin is a beautiful man with crime problems

he is a beach kiryu

I'm honestly unnerved by how close your list would be to my own

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Someone make a LOST Thread and everyone can start rewatching it

• Options
    for me, personally

i just needed something to look forward to on tuesdays, so i wrangled a crew to watch it with me

also because @zonugal has not shut up about the show since i met him

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm curious where Lapidus will end up ranking

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    for me, personally

i just needed something to look forward to on tuesdays, so i wrangled a crew to watch it with me

also because @zonugal has not shut up about the show since i met him

Moral of the story: PERSISTENCE

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm curious where Lapidus will end up ranking

For RK? I have to imagine really fucking high.

• Options
    By the way, at the end of every Lost watch-session with @Rorshach Kringle, @Cello, & @Grey Ghost, we all vote on a watch-session MVP & LVP.

The results of the first season?

SE++ Lost MVP//LVP

1st Session (July 14th, 2020) -- MVP (Sayid), LVP (Sawyer)
    2nd Session (July 21st, 2020) -- MVP (Locke), LVP (Boone)
    3rd Session (July 28th, 2020) -- MVP (Charlie), LVP (Boone)
    4th Session (August 4th, 2020) -- MVP (Shannon), LVP (Jack)
    5th Session (August 11th, 2020) -- MVP (Locke), LVP (Boone)
    6th Session (August 18th, 2020) -- MVP (Locke//Sawyer’s Arch-Nemesis: the Boar), LVP (Boone)
    7th Session (August 25th, 2020) -- MVP (Sun), LVP (Jack)
    8th Session (September 1st, 2020) -- MVP (Dr. Leslie Arzt), LVP (Kate)
    9th Session (September 8th, 2020) -- MVP (Jin), LVP (Jack)

• Options
    still mad the pig split the vote with locke

give that pig every medal

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I like Kate more than like, half the internet does but I also remember season one is the one with the toy plane thing so I can't say people don't come by their dislike of her honestly

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    We started watching What We Do In The Shadows and this show is pretty good, you guys should check it out.

• Options
    The character I am most excited for @Rorshach Kringle to meet on Lost is Miles Straume.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Leslie Arzt was my favorite character.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I like Kate more than like, half the internet does but I also remember season one is the one with the toy plane thing so I can't say people don't come by their dislike of her honestly

Just like know Jin isn’t as bad as he seems but at the third episode he’s still being a DICK to Sun

• Options
    My favorite observation to come out of watching the season finale was that Sawyer's morality is directly tied to how much clothing he is wearing.

Shirtless? He'll be a team player and help you out.

Shirt on? Asshole.

But my absolute favorite comment throughout the entire season was @Cello remarking that she felt the show was, "somewhat mean-spirited against its characters."

Which I can't quite disagree with...

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Also it took some real arguments, both internally and in the chat, to not constantly push Vincent for MVP

I think I'm settling for making my own category of Most Valuable Pup and he can win that every episode instead

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    he IS the Most Vincent Portrayer

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    After the rewatch I think Miles is my favorite character?
    "oh great the freighter sent us another Sawyer"

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Anyways I need you all new to Lost to report back with your feelings on Expose when you get there.
    Odds that it will be Rorshach's favorite episode have gotta be strong right?

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Anyways I need you all new to Lost to report back with your feelings on Expose when you get there.
    Odds that it will be Rorshach's favorite episode have gotta be strong right?

it’s so good uuuuggghhhh

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Was that new Muppets show on Disney+ any good

I absolutely love the Muppets and would be happy to binge it if so

It's ok. They really like the Swedeish chef for some reason and none of thise skits are very good

I liked the one with
    Danny Trejo

He does wreck the curve

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I wasn't too into The Boys for it's season one, but after the first three episodes of Season 2 I'm all in.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I wasn't too into The Boys for it's season one, but after the first three episodes of Season 2 I'm all in.

The trailers for the first season were EXTREMELY off-putting, and I never got around to checking it out

But season two has Aya Cash..........

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The Boys has some issues. Has some serious not great edgelord tendencies, and the first episode I almost dropped it. But it's also pretty entertaining if you can get past some of that shit.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I think it gets a bad wrap as being edgelord since that’s inevitably the aspect the advertisers use when promoting it. But it’s pretty grounded and has a lot of heart, it never takes itself too seriously or by the same token is too flippant with its violence. Like the violence is usually horrific, and there’s a humour in the absurdity, but it’s treated as such In world, as both deeply surreal and devastating. It also is in service to the idea that the supers are so destructive to ordinary people that the violence has to take centre stage, otherwise you’re not showing what the ordinary people are going through and how shocking and rattling it is

I’d say it has missteps and gets close to losing its balance, but it has some truly holy shit moments, and some pretty wrenching emotional stuff based on those moments. It’s definitely worth watching up to like episode 4 of season 1 I think, that episode had a sequence in it that just absolutely floored me and glued me to the screen

It’s also way better than the comic it’s based on

It’s not for everyone’s tastes, but the violence always feels like a good balance between showing the horrifically humorous reality of what super powers would actually mean and genuine horror. It’s cynicism always seems to be punching up too, like it reserves its contempt for those that deserve it

It’s pretty much the only show right now where I look forward to each episode because you always know there’s going to be something memorable in every episode

Prohass on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    a quick glance at twitter has indicated that the 100 has pissed everyone off again, gotta admire their commitment to that bit at this point
    Okay, so I actually watched the episode and holy shit did it deliver. Like, there was a couple of things I thought would happen, but what actually did was not.
    The episode ended with Clarke shooting Bellamy in the chest because he was going to risk Madi's life for some religion-based-on-transcendence stuff.

Also really, someone needs to kill Sheidheda already, for a dead man he's very active.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I started watching The Boys.

I finished the first three episodes and I hate some of these characters.

Shitty Aquaman & Flash? I hope only bad things come to them.

Meanwhile I love Starlight, Homelander, and "Captain Jack Sparrow" by way of Karl Urban.

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I started watching The Boys.

I finished the first three episodes and I hate some of these characters.

Shitty Aquaman & Flash? I hope only bad things come to them.

Meanwhile I love Starlight, Homelander, and "Captain Jack Sparrow" by way of Karl Urban.

Oh man. Keep going.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Guess I'll probably sprinkle in the Boys this weekend around my rewatch of Venture Bros.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Those years were the most important years of our lives so we all got together and made a place where we can watch Lost together

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The Boys is as unhinged as it is amazing. Homelander is the absolute highlight of the series and it is a crime that Anthony Starr didn't at least get an Emmy nod for his portrayal of him.

This discussion has been closed.