As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - We Should Talk, Before I Forget & Beyond a Steel Sky out today!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Really, aside from collector display value, the CD Key is the only important part of the classic releases.

I haven't booted WC3 since the remaster came out, but didn't I hear that they patched classic to fuck it up somehow too?

yeah if you want to play the game online at all you'll need to patch it to the latest bnet version, which means you're running the Reforged version, you just can't turn on the new graphics

which in turn means that you're forced to use the new ladder/matchmaking systems, which still don't work properly

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    What I wish I still had was all my disks for dawn of War

I think I still have my copy of battle realms somewhere

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Act 3 is fine if you got a skill like barbarian leap or teleport to get you around the river. It kinda sucks ass if you don't, but mostly because stamina is a thing.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    the plus side is that some fans have created a new ladder client that fixes matchmaking

https://www.w3champions.com/

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Last Epoch is turning out to be really fun. It's a Diablo like with some really fun classes like necromancer and Lich and all the skills have an insane amount of customizability to them.

Yeah, the per-skill skill trees are really fun. But it's probably also good you only get a few.

For example, the basic lightning skill. If you pick it as one of your specialized skills, it can level up. Each level gives you a skill point. You can spend them to give it more bounces, to give the initial hit more damage, to change it from a cast-based skill to a channeled one, etc. You can heavily tweak the way it works to your build and preference.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    So I was playing Civ 6, and boy, have some most parts of it not aged well. Like, sure, it's a 4X game, but some of those techs and the advisors' lines are blatant at being unquestioningly imperialistic. It wasn't even satirical, it wasn't even ironically enjoyable, it wasn't merely problematic, it was problems all the way down!

Sorry to borrow lowbrow net vocabulary, but to quote Rogal Dorn, it was not kek or lol, it was cringe.

I blew my top when they quoted Ayn Rand, then stopped playing.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    If they ever remake Diablo 2 (and also Blizzard ever becomes a company I'm willing to give money to), there aren't a lot of changes I'd want them to make beyond updating the graphics.

But the Stamina Bar and Bows requiring ammunition can both go. Quivers can just be stat sticks instead of supplying ammo.

Keys can probably go too unless you add more interesting stuff to use them on (ie. locked doors to treasure rooms or alternate routes or something).

• Options
    eh... i'd like an overhaul of the inventory/charms system

fJvCppz.jpg
    optimization should not require you to be unable to pick up items

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Really, aside from collector display value, the CD Key is the only important part of the classic releases.

I haven't booted WC3 since the remaster came out, but didn't I hear that they patched classic to fuck it up somehow too?

If you try downloading old WC3 from the website or try to connect to Battle.net with an existing install it literally installs the remaster, just with the new graphics option locked.

So basically classic WC3 isn't available any more.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Brolo wrote: »

fJvCppz.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. An early idea for Diablo 3 was to have a Talisman button on your inventory that opened a separate inventory where you placed any Charms you wanted to be active. I'd be cool with adding that. Then maybe letting the Talisman's available slots increase via a quest or something, so you could increase it once per difficulty.

I was also assuming the Stash would be greatly expanded, though forgot to mention it.

Lars on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020

fJvCppz.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. An early idea for Diablo 3 was to have a Talisman button on your inventory that opened a separate inventory where you placed any Charms you wanted to be active. I'd be cool with adding that. Then maybe letting the Talisman's available slots increase via a quest or something, so you could increase it once per difficulty.

I was also assuming the Stash would be greatly expanded, though forgot to mention it.

Last Epoch has exactly this, actually. You get a talisman inventory, starting at 2x2. That's all you can put there, and they only work there.

captaink on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I've made it through a couple more rounds of Pyre. It definitely does get better after the first three to four hours - having choices and not having to go through the whole roster every time makes a big difference for me.

I still don't love the combat/rites, but eh, it is what it is. It feels better balanced in the context of the game now at least.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Any thoughts on Dragon Ball Xenoverse? It's really cheap and some of the reviews seem to suggest the sequel added way too much grinding into it. Always wanted to try one of these DBZ games, would this be a good one or Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot be a better choice?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Dragon Ball Xenoverse? It's really cheap and some of the reviews seem to suggest the sequel added way too much grinding into it. Always wanted to try one of these DBZ games, would this be a good one or Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot be a better choice?

I love xenoverse. 2 is a straight upgrade

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I've only played a tiny bit of it but I had fun with xenoverse and don't know anybody who didn't love it basically.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If anything, Xenoverse 2 removed a lot of the grinding by making learning new moves from each teacher much simpler.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    When you get to the endgame there's essentially as much grinding as you care to do to unlock specific moves or whatever which are often gated on limited drop rates in tough missions.

• Options
    The first one you had to set someone as a teacher and then run a fucking zillion missions just to learn all their moves

The second one you just run through one mission per move, basically

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    TheStig wrote: »
    Act 3 is fine if you got a skill like barbarian leap or teleport to get you around the river. It kinda sucks ass if you don't, but mostly because stamina is a thing.

I grew dependent on sorc teleport for making act 3 more bearable, either by playing a sorceress or by refreshing the act 3 normal staff/wand vendor until he had a staff of teleport charges, which was not coincidentally integral to my main non-sorc build which was 30 minions necromancer, since teleporting also stacked all your pets onto the spot you teleported to and let them all hit tough monsters at once instead of getting in each others' way.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My computer desk, which I've had for years is a corner desk and has a raised monitor shelf above the main desk surface with some slots for CD cases in the space between (this should tell you how old it is).

I tired of that shelf and just ripped it off and just made the top surface of the desk one smooth surface. This also gave me room to move my keyboard and mouse to the main surface instead of being on the weird roll out tray underneath.

However now I want a wireless keyboard since I got a cord running across the desk. Maybe without the keypad.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I wish cool tetris wasn't still 30 bucks

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

It never goes on sale for quite enough for me to take the plunge

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

It never goes on sale for quite enough for me to take the plunge

Especially on the quest store. Nothing is ever more than like 4 or 5 bucks off and usually only for like one day at a time when I'm broke.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Celeste
    Mirror Temple B-side might be my favorite chapter. Or at least the first half or so, where it feels very Zelda or La-Mulana.

Not sure I like Theo's gag about "Temple remix", but his "is this canon?" kinda made up for it. And his "this is clearly impossible" in a room that is ridiculous in all the right ways was great.

Tamin on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nw-OKfv47E

man

the early 2000s had so many weird, novel ideas coming out of AAA publishers

That game was actually pretty damn fun. Base building got super annoying later game though

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    It probably look really bad now but shout outs to Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

They should remake it or something

Titanfall

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I played through the vast majority of Xenoverse 2 while high on painkillers after getting my wisdom teeth removed. It was quite the enjoyable experience. And I ended up with a saiyan lady with a sweet mohawk who looked like a low-rent Punk character from an 80s movie.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Xenoverse is fun if only for the game basically being a game full of deviant art characters.

Kakarot is fun. The combat is basically kingdom hearts where you’re selecting from a menu on “real time” except the enemy supermoves require dodging in specific ways that make you feel like a badass. How much you’ll enjoy it though is based on how willing you are to watch DBZ again, basically. Also the open world is fun and full of quirky sidequests and fun character interactions but makes basically no sense for most of the story.

Gohan has been kidnapped by raditz! Better help android eight catch a deer or some shit first.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Doom Eternal is stuck on "connecting to bethesda.net" and Doom 64 won't launch. Have hell demons infested my machine?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    xenoverse is the sonic forces of dragonball.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Doom Eternal is stuck on "connecting to bethesda.net" and Doom 64 won't launch. Have hell demons infested my machine?

No, el_vicio. You are the demons.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Thanks! I ended up with Xenoverse 2 to start. Kakarot is still $35, I can wait till it goes down more. I'm a big DBZ fan, watching Japanese only episodes on the international channel way back in the day. Though I haven't kept up with Super and anything really after the movie with the cat god guy lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

and then el_vicio was the demons

• Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    the bugsnax

are excited

for you to eat them

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    eat me, senpai uwu

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    My Boyfriend's Back - Titillating I Want You To Eat Me Scene.mpeg

• Options
    “Would you like to see the menu?” he said. “Or would you like to meet the Dish of the Day?”

“Huh?” said Ford.

“Huh?” said Arthur.

“Huh?” said Trillian.

“That’s cool,” said Zaphod. “We’ll meet the meat.”

A large dairy animal approached Zaphod Beelebrox’s table, a large fat meaty quadraped of the bovine type with large watery eyes, small horns and what might have been an ingratiating smile on its lips.

“Good evening,” it lowed and sat back heavily on its haunches, “I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?” It harrumphed and gurgled a bit, wriggled its hind quarters into a more comfortable position and gazed peacefully at them.

Its gaze was met by looks of startled bewilderment from Arthur and Trillian, a resigned shrug from Ford Prefect and naked hunger from Zaphod Beeblebrox.

“Something off the shoulder perhaps?” suggested the animal. “Braised in a white wine sauce?”

“Er, your shoulder?” said Arthur in a horrified whisper.

“But naturally my shoulder, sir,” mooed the animal contentedly, “nobody else’s is mine to offer.”

Zaphod leapt to his feet and started prodding and feeling the animal’s shoulder appreciatively.

“Or the rump is very good,” murmured the animal. “I’ve been exercising it and eating plenty of grain, so there’s a lot of good meat there.” It gave a mellow grunt, gurgled again and started to chew the cud. It swallowed the cud again.

“Or a casserole of me perhaps?” it added.

“You mean this animal actually wants us to eat it?” whispered Trillian to Ford.

“Me?” said Ford, with a glazed look in his eyes. “I don’t mean anything.”

“That’s absolutely horrible,” exclaimed Arthur, “the most revolting thing I’ve ever heard.”

“What’s the problem, Earthman?” said Zaphod, now transferring his attention to the animal’s enormous rump.

“I just don’t want to eat and animal that’s standing there inviting me to,” said Arthur “It’s heartless.”

“Better than eating an animal that doesn’t want to be eaten,” said Zaphod.

“That’s not the point,” Arthur protested. Then he thought about it for a moment. “All right,” he said, “maybe it is the point. I don’t care, I’m not going to think about it now. I’ll just … er …”

The Universe raged about him in its death throes.

“I think I’ll just have a green salad,” he muttered.

“May I urge you to consider my liver?” asked the animal, “it must be very rich and tender by now, I’ve been force feeding myself for months.”

“A green salad,” said Arthur emphatically.

“A green salad?” said the animal, rolling his eyes disapprovingly at Arthur.

“Are you going to tell me,” said Arthur, “that I shouldn’t have the green salad?”

“Well,” said the animal, “I know many vegetables that are clear on that point. Which is why it was eventually decided to cut through the whole tangled problem and breed an animal that actually wanted to be eaten and was capable of saying so clearly and distinctly. And here I am.”

It managed a very slight bow.

“Glass of water please,” said Arthur.

“Look,” said Zaphod, “we want to eat, we don’t want to make a meal of the issues. Four rare steaks please, and hurry. We haven’t eaten in five hundred and seventy-six thousand million years.”

The animal staggered to its feet. It gave a mellow gurgle.

“A very wise choice, sir, if I may say so. Very good,” it said. “I’ll just nip off and shoot myself.”

He turned and gave a friendly wink to Arthur.

“Don’t worry, sir,” he said, “I’ll be very humane.”

It waddled unhurriedly off to the kitchen.

ALL GAME THREADS HAVE BECOME THE BOOK THREAD NOW

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

3clipse wrote: »

and then el_vicio was the demons

this forum is good
    Veldrin wrote: »
    the bugsnax

are excited

for you to eat them

Bugsnax is vore confirmed

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

This discussion has been closed.