Options

"With the Power of God and [Anime] on my side...

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I need to hear Chika's VA deliver a line like this

72ab9a536ccc5f9ea8ef94468dcdea5aca98978d.png

Man that chapter fantastic can't wait for it to be animated.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    A dub voice being different from the Japanese take doesn’t mean it’s bad.

Franky from One Piece is a perfect example. The sub and dub voices are nothing alike. But both fit the character. With the sub version capturing the weirdo side of him, and the dub version capturing the bro side of him.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Or how Usagi and her little brother constantly give each other shit.

(although I'm curious how unspoiled a person in 2020 can possibly be on details of the 90's Sailor Moon anime)

If you've seen every bit of niche media made since the 90's maybe you'd have a point.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »
    I've never sat down to really watch the new Sailor Moon, but if it is cutting out a ton of character development that also was in the source material, that's really a good example of the studio making being either bad at adapting stuff or bad at pacing. If they are just boiling it down magical girls fights against the big baddie and shots of what the big baddie is doing, while the heroines are worried about when the big bad will strike again. Well that's going to be incredibly fucking bland.

I watched the original series and felt it was at it's best when it came down to essentially what would be considered slice of life interactions between all the characters. Some of which were things that IIRC did feed into creating the setup that led to some of the actual fights.

The remake is slavishly faithful to the manga.

That's why it's so boring.

it's fine. everyone will have their preferences but Crystal is certainly worth watching if you like Sailor Moon.

My favourite will always be Stars because Usagi is dang hilarious.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I finished Escaflowne. Gotta say, the absolute peak of the series was
    the scene where the villains are doing roleplay to change fate and make Hitomi and Allen fall for each other. Just some incredible melodrama in the best way.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Finally got caught up on Bookworm after leaving the back half of S2 unfinished. Need more. Best isekai by far.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Finally got caught up on Bookworm after leaving the back half of S2 unfinished. Need more. Best isekai by far.

Good news, season 3 is greenlit as of a couple weeks ago.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Doing a refresher on Re:Zero.
    Watched Memory of Snow, since I'd never seen it. A bit of slice of life.
    Watched the HD Director's cut from episode 8 (The Sickness Called Despair/The Outside of Madness)
    The Outside of Madness is still a Wham episode. So impactful.
    Skipped 9, the Greed of a Pig, because literally everyone is awful and I can't stand the episode.
    Resumed at 10, From Zero, and watched until the end.
    The battle against the White Whale still kicks ass. Hunting down the Witch's cult kind of feels flat afterwards.
    I knew about the surprise at the end of the last episode, but the scene still surprised me how they revealed it.
    Now to watch the Frozen Bond movie, then finally move on to season 2.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    So I just spent about two hours on this post for ENWorld's alignment debate thread. Just thought I'd repost it here just in case someone finds it interesting.

The setting of the series Code Geass is one where the greatest national superpower, Britannia, is in the process of conquering the world under its ruler, Emperor Charles zi Brittania. Of the many characters affected by the actions of Britannia, three in particular stand-out:

Lelouch vi Brittania aka "Zero". Exiled prince of Britannia. As a child he witnessed the political assassination of his mother, the former Empress Marianne, as well as the crippling and blinding of his younger sister, Nunnally. His father, the Emperor, sent Lelouch and his sister away to live with the family of the Prime Minister of Japan only a few short years before launching a successful conquest of Japan, after which a sympathetic noble family aided Lelouch and Nunnally in going into hiding so that the world at large would think they were dead. As an adult Lelouch is motivated by a desire to kill his father, discover who was behind the death of his mother, and make the world a safer place for his sister (at one point admitting that, back when he feared he'd never be able to accomplish these goals, he was increasingly contemplating suicide). As part of this he has usurped control of a Japanese anti-Britannian terrorist organization now known as the Order of the Black Knights under the masked persona of Zero. He possesses a power called Geass, which allows him to impose one undeniable order upon anyone who he looks into the eyes of, though he can only use this power on a given individual once (said Geass orders can range from very specific instructions, a command that the affected immediately commit suicide, and even "Be my slave").

- "Are you just going to sit back and wait for someone else to defeat Britannia? Who?! You think if you wait long enough, some day the right chance will finally come? Don't be naive! If we don't stand up and do it ourselves, that some day will never come!"
    - "Those with power...fear us! Those without power...seek us!"
    - "What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
    - "So as not to waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more blood."
    - "It was not I who was wrong. It was the world!"
    - "Shut up! I did what I had to do. People lie to survive. No one is blameless!"

Suzaku Kururugi. Son of the last Prime Minister of Japan before Britannian conquest and childhood friend of Lelouch. As an adult Suzaku joined the Britannian military as an "Honorary Britannian" and hopes that by advancing his career he'll eventually be able to reform Britannia from the inside and win back the rights of the conquered Japanese. Lelouch approaches Suzaku early on, hoping to win him over to his Order of the Black Knights without using a Geass command to force Suzaku's compliance. Instead, Suzaku chooses to fight as the greatest of the Black Knights' enemies. Suzaku's greatest secret is that he is the reason for the fall of Japan to Britannia; when he learned as a child that his father planned to fight Britannia to the last, even if it meant Japan was completely annihilated in the process, he took a knife and stabbed his father to death for the sake of preventing anymore loss of life. This decision has haunted himself ever since; he harbors an intense feeling that he deserves to die for what he did, and in fact his supposed bravery and heroics in combat are subconscious attempts to recklessly throw himself into a situation where he will be killed (realizing this, Lelouch eventually "curses" Suzaku with the Geass command "Live."). As the series progresses Suzaku's belief in his ability to achieve reform develops from naivety to a ruthless ambition to advance his career and political influence as quickly as possible, particularly after Lelouch unintentionally imposes a horrific Geass order upon his half-sister and Suzaku's beloved, Sub-Viceroy Euphemia li Britannia, that results in Lelouch being forced to mercy kill Euphemia just as Suzaku was approaching to subdue her and take her to safety.

- "Denying everything in our society is pointless! Once I make Britannia trust me, I'll have the power to change it!"
    - "A soldier must always follow his orders! I made rules that I need and have to live by!"'
    - "You have to gain society's approval to get the power to change it."
    - "A victory won through dishonesty is no victory at all."
    - "I prefer the logic of systems to individualist emotions."
    "- Just want you to ask yourself: when you gain results the wrong way, what are you left with in the end? Only dark regret and a deep emptiness that have nowhere to go."

Kallen Stadtfield aka Kallen Kozuki. Though technically a member of a lesser Brittanian noble family, Kallen is secretly the daughter of a Japanese maid that her nobleman father had an affair with. She passes as Britannian and goes by the name Stadtfield around them, but in her heart she is Kallen Kozuki. Her older brother Naoto could not pass for Britannian and ran away to join an anti-Britannian terrorist organization. After his death in battle at the age of twenty-four Kallen was inspired to secretly join the same terrorist organization herself. Once the mysterious Zero arrived on the scene and transformed the organization into the much more competent Order of the Black Knights her talent as a pilot was recognized, granting her access to the Black Knights' greatest weapon. Eventually she met Suzaku Kururugi on the battlefield, and over time the two developed an intense rivalry due to their awesome skill and opposing ideologies (Suzaku's being gradual reform of Britannian policies concerning Japan, and Kallen's being a radical revolution that would drive Britannia out and reestablish Japan as its own independent nation). Kallen eventually learned that Zero was in fact the exiled Britannian prince Lelouch:
    Lelouch: "Yes, I am Zero. The man who leads the Black Knights, who challenges the Holy Britannian Empire. The one who holds the entire world in his hand."
    Kallen:"You used us? The Japanese people? You...you used me?"
    Lelouch:"And as a result Japan will be freed. Certainly you can't complain about that."
    Despite this shocking revelation, Kallen decided to keep Zero's true identity a secret and continue to follow him, believing that Lelouch could defeat Britannia and that she could defeat Suzaku Kururugi, who she believes to be a traitor to the Japanese people. In their final battle, Suzaku and Kallen share this short exchange:
    Suzaku: "You could have tried to work within the system!"
    Kallen: "And what about the people who can't get into the system?! How are we supposed to tell people it's wrong?! Don't you dare look down on others, you egotistical punk!"
    Minutes later, Kallen Kozuki defeats Suzaku Kururugi once and for all.

I'm afraid I just spent about an hour and a half typing up a post no one's going to pay attention to, but from my perspective the alignments of the three characters mentioned are:

Lelouch vi Britannia. Chaotic Neutral (with Evil tendencies). Though his ultimate goal is to defeat the oppressive empire that is conquering the world and allow the possibility for a more peaceful world to rise from the ashes, his methods are very much a paragon of the phrase "the ends justify the means". Throughout his campaign he repeatedly violates the free will of others via mind control (though interestingly he handicaps himself by giving specific orders instead of just always resorting to the "Be my slave" command, which he only puts to use to immediately turn a group of ace Britannian pilots into his tools of war), deceives enemies and allies alike, and ends up getting his girlfriend's father (a Britannian soldier) killed (and when she finds out about this uses Geass to command her to forget). On one occasion he even uses a ship full of allies as bait to distract Britannian forces, uses explosives he'd secretly had installed blow up the ship, and lies to his Black Knight underlings that their allies had chosen honorable suicide over defeat, inspiring the Black Knights to fight as hard as they could against the disarrayed Britannian forces.

Suzaku Kururugi. Lawful Neutral (with Good tendencies). Suzaku is interested in trying to minimize death and suffering as much as possible. Unfortunately, this had led him to side with the fascist empire conquering the world out of a naive belief that he can change it from within, both by rising in the ranks and by convincing the Britannians that he's "one of the good ones". His "I prefer the logic of systems to individualist emotions" quote puts the final nail in this coffin.

Kallen Kozuki. Chaotic Good. She sincerely fights for the good of the Japanese people as the front line soldier of a revolutionary organization despite having the option to pass as Britannian and live a life of privilege in a minor noble house. Kallen is determined, zealous, highly skilled, and despises everything Suzaku Kururugi stands for. Though she knows Lelouch is using the Black Knights for his own ends, she is unaware as to the full extent of his actions and willing to follow him if it leads to her goal of contributing to Japan's liberation. This determination eventually results in the ultimate defeat of Suzaku Kururugi, despite Suzaku benefiting from a superior machine and Lelouch's "Live" Geass, which he eventually came to use to his advantage by forcing himself into highly dangerous situations and forcing the "Live" Geass to enhance his mental and physical capabilities beyond their normal limits to try and cheat death.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Watched the HD Director's cut from episode 8 (The Sickness Called Despair/The Outside of Madness)
    Skipped 9, the Greed of a Pig, because literally everyone is awful and I can't stand the episode.
    The battle against the White Whale still kicks ass. Hunting down the Witch's cult kind of feels flat afterwards.
    I knew about the surprise at the end of the last episode, but the scene still surprised me how they revealed it.

I always liked Greed of a Pig as an episode.

But I am also someone who really loves the episode 'Self-Proclaimed Knight Natsuki Subaru'
    It is really hard to watch that episode but Subaru is definitely acting in character. I always appreciated that Subaru has some pretty big flaws and that episode was one giant highlight of his flaws.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »

But I am also someone who really loves the episode 'Self-Proclaimed Knight Natsuki Subaru'
    It is really hard to watch that episode but Subaru is definitely acting in character. I always appreciated that Subaru has some pretty big flaws and that episode was one giant highlight of his flaws.

Which episode was the one that ended with
    Subaru being instantly decapitated in the garden by an enraged Puck and the credits are just him slowly freezing over as Puck grows larger in the background?

That was super cool and unexpected.

Also I like how well Puck and Subaru get along.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Isorn wrote: »

Which episode was the one that ended with
    Subaru being instantly decapitated in the garden by an enraged Puck and the credits are just him slowly freezing over as Puck grows larger in the background?

That was super cool and unexpected.

Also I like how well Puck and Subaru get along.

The Outside of Madness. (episode 15) Which is my probably favourite episode of any anime. Either that or episode 10 of Madoka.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Someone do the Brooklyn 99 puppy meme with Puck and Emilia

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Ya’ll making it real hard out here to ignore Re:Zero.
    I tried picking it up again. I stopped watching the series after active piece of shit Subaru ignores his literal trophy Princess’s wishes and inserts himself in to something that not only poses to active harm to her, but in a situation he has no reason to be involved with, get in a dumb fucking fight because his dick is small and he is threatened by this and loses miserably.

Anyways no one told me that the next episode is him DOUBLING DOWN ON THIS, and the end of the last episode which I never actually saw was him giving his self imposed love of his life the most MRA BULLSHIT RANT OF THE CENTURY.

I will say that the production staff does everything it can to assure you, “no, Subaru is fucking WRONG here and holy shit what the fuck, guy?”. But good god. Anyways he’s training but fuckin gives up because he sucks and then self inserts himself again, but this time with extra suicide because he decided that’s what he can do for his waifu princess.

I feel that my disconnect with Subaru is that the anime did a LOT to shave off the rough spots of Subaru’s character, mainly his chauvinistic mindset and general rotten self centered and spoiled personality from the light novel.

But personally, instead of seeing this coming from a mile away or even generally expecting this as a possibility, like someone who invested in the light novel or manga, I’m hit with, suddenly, OH, this main character is a fucking PIECE OF SHIT.

I’m not opposed to piece of shit MC’s at all really, but it’s just, to me the sudden violent burning of any and all goodwill I had for the character and replacing it with mountains of hot Chavanistic false machismo is jarring enough for me to drop the series wholesale, as I am struggling to find ANY reason to see this human garbage pile do anything, ever again.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    My understanding from what I've heard is that a lot of the story is beating him down via self-inflicted failures until he shapes the fuck up. Under normal circumstances he'd be dead real quick from being a self-centered and unempathetic fool.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Someone do the Brooklyn 99 puppy meme with Puck and Emilia
    xtie08mn7ww9.jpg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Enlong wrote: »
    My understanding from what I've heard is that a lot of the story is beating him down via self-inflicted failures until he shapes the fuck up. Under normal circumstances he'd be dead real quick from being a self-centered and unempathetic fool.

His arc is kind of realising isekai heroes are shitbags and he needs to be better

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    It's why I love episode 18 so much and that scene with Rem

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Enlong wrote: »

That in essence is my complaint about this otherwise stellar adaptation. It’s easy in the written word to pepper in character foibles that may allude to a larger issue at hand.

I’m not saying that there weren’t hints. Hell, 80% of me wants to go back and try and find the groundwork for this in the anime. But 6 years ago me didn’t catch them and I hate him for it.

But even then, the overall pacing of the show doesn’t lend itself to gleen that reading, since the two arcs preceding are fairly rapid fire OH SHIT mystery boxes.

Transporter on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Him calling her Emilia-Tan is probably all the foreshadowing you need.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Him calling her Emilia-Tan is probably all the foreshadowing you need.

And from her perspective he is doing it from as soon as they meet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I've been catching up on Re:Zero, myself.

Frozen Bond:
    This was some good backstory, but it was really slow, and still left me with questions.

Season 2 episode 1:
    Holy shit we're playing for keeps from minute one. I guess it'd be foolish of me to expect anything less of Re:zero.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    It's a pretty good time to start Season 2 now, seems like stuff is gonna ramp up pretty soon

• Options
    Ya’ll making it real hard out here to ignore Re:Zero.
    I tried picking it up again. I stopped watching the series after active piece of shit Subaru ignores his literal trophy Princess’s wishes and inserts himself in to something that not only poses to active harm to her, but in a situation he has no reason to be involved with, get in a dumb fucking fight because his dick is small and he is threatened by this and loses miserably.

Anyways no one told me that the next episode is him DOUBLING DOWN ON THIS, and the end of the last episode which I never actually saw was him giving his self imposed love of his life the most MRA BULLSHIT RANT OF THE CENTURY.

I will say that the production staff does everything it can to assure you, “no, Subaru is fucking WRONG here and holy shit what the fuck, guy?”. But good god. Anyways he’s training but fuckin gives up because he sucks and then self inserts himself again, but this time with extra suicide because he decided that’s what he can do for his waifu princess.

I feel that my disconnect with Subaru is that the anime did a LOT to shave off the rough spots of Subaru’s character, mainly his chauvinistic mindset and general rotten self centered and spoiled personality from the light novel.

But personally, instead of seeing this coming from a mile away or even generally expecting this as a possibility, like someone who invested in the light novel or manga, I’m hit with, suddenly, OH, this main character is a fucking PIECE OF SHIT.

I’m not opposed to piece of shit MC’s at all really, but it’s just, to me the sudden violent burning of any and all goodwill I had for the character and replacing it with mountains of hot Chavanistic false machismo is jarring enough for me to drop the series wholesale, as I am struggling to find ANY reason to see this human garbage pile do anything, ever again.

So you ended around where:
    Episode 13 "Self-Proclaimed Knight Natsuki Subaru"?
    14 "The Sickness Called Despair"?

It gets better (kind of), then worse, then turns around. I feel like you're so close.

Subaru is definitely a POS, but he literally can't progress until he achieves character growth.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I've been catching up on Re:Zero, myself.

Frozen Bond:
    This was some good backstory, but it was really slow, and still left me with questions.

Season 2 episode 1:
    Holy shit we're playing for keeps from minute one. I guess it'd be foolish of me to expect anything less of Re:zero.
    Season 2 ep 1
    I'm glad to see that it wasn't somehow the whale that ate her after they defeated it, as it feels like way more futility than the show needed. It just being priests who leave her alive leaves the possibly of a cure.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also Re:Zero S2E1:
    So the white haired Bishop of Greed is pretty much the same character design, voice, and personality as Tsukasa Eishi from Food Wars, who the actor also played. I did a double take when I heard the voice, like "I know that guy from somewhere..."

• Options
    edited July 2020
    So I just found a pretty wild claim on the Code Geass wiki and right now I'm desperately searching to see if it's actually true or just some fan theory.
    The claim I just read is that the reason Lelouch's Geass became permanently active when he gave the "absurd" hypothetical of Euphemia killing all the Japanese was because V.V. was somehow aware of the conversation and somehow tampered with Lelouch's Geass ability at that exact moment. I've never heard this before and I'm trying to find a proper citation, but if that's actually true it turns a contrived diabolus ex machina development into an act of supreme villainy and recontextualizes the rest of the show. After all, V.V. did show up for the first time in the series not long after to tell Suzaku that Lelouch was the one responsible for what Euphemia did. I had assumed that V.V. just knew Lelouch had Geass powers and thought that Lelouch intentionally drove Euphemia insane, but if he not only knew the truth but was the one who caused Lelouch to lose control of his powers at that exact moment to ruin everything for everyone...

I've gotta find out if this is true or just some fan theory, because it's kinda blowing my mind.

Does anyone know if this is legit?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    My sentiment is even if nothing contradicts that in the story, neither does anything support it, so I view it as a method to try to make the protagonist more "pure" and think it's fanfiction

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    My sentiment is even if nothing contradicts that in the story, neither does anything support it, so I view it as a method to try to make the protagonist more "pure" and think it's fanfiction

Yeah, especially when CC specifically tells Lelouch that usage of the Geass will strengthen it. In fact he saw that much with Maou and still didn't heed the warning.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Yeah, especially when CC specifically tells Lelouch that usage of the Geass will strengthen it. In fact he saw that much with Maou and still didn't heed the warning.

Well, the issue with the Princess was not him TRYING to use it and "strengthen" doesn't immediately give the connotation of "will now fire off indiscriminately." I agree that as the story was originally written, it was meant to be a tragic mistake, not an enemy plot.

• Options
    Yeah, after doing a bit of digging I can't find any other source for that claim.

Kinda disappointed, honestly.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Yeah, after doing a bit of digging I can't find any other source for that claim.

If it was an enemy plot, Lelouche wouldn't necessarily need to feel bad, just be more careful. But he should DEFINITELY feel bad, so the original interpretation is stronger, I feel.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Well, the issue with the Princess was not him TRYING to use it and "strengthen" doesn't immediately give the connotation of "will now fire off indiscriminately." I agree that as the story was originally written, it was meant to be a tragic mistake, not an enemy plot.

Maou couldn't turn his off. That was the forewarning, that the Geass strengthening through use would mean permanent activation.

Also the dumbass actually giving such a hypothetical order while phrasing it as an order was some impressive stupidity.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Maou couldn't turn his off. That was the forewarning, that the Geass strengthening through use would mean permanent activation.

Also the dumbass actually giving such a hypothetical order while phrasing it as an order was some impressive stupidity.

More stupid or less then what happened with the Knights in season 2?

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Oh hey theres gonna be a 4 part anime adaptation of Junji Ito's Uzumaki (which I ain't know nothing about) set to music by Colin Stetson (whom I think did the soundtrack for Hereditary). The music is already cool and unsettling as hell just in that preview and I've looped it about three times now just listening to it.

Spoilered for spooky Junji Ito art I guess

Juggernut on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Oh bummer it's been delayed to 2021. I hope they release that soundtrack in full though.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    One of the little things I do like with sailor moon is that usagi is legitimately open and friendly and good at making friends because of that.

There's so many series where the protagonist inspires loyalty in their friends and it's so frequently totally unconvincing.

Also the animation really is very good. Especially usagi's pratfalls and physical comedy are always animated really well. It does so much for the characters personalities.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Question about Re:Zero S2E3:
    Subaru meets an elf woman with silver hair and empty dark purple eyes, but it's the Witch of Greed, Echidna, not the Witch of Envy, Satella. Has there been a mix-up? People hated Emilia because she supposedly looked like Satella, but we've now met a witch who looks like Emilia that isn't Satella, but rather Echidna. Do Echidna and Satella look the same? After hundreds of years have the names/appearances of the witches been mixed up? Is Echidna really Satella, but giving a false name?

Echidna explained about the different Witches of Deadly Sins, but it's possible she's lying.

Should I know the answer to this, or has it not been revealed yet?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Question about Re:Zero S2E3:
    Subaru meets an elf woman with silver hair and empty dark purple eyes, but it's the Witch of Greed, Echidna, not the Witch of Envy, Satella. Has there been a mix-up? People hated Emilia because she supposedly looked like Satella, but we've now met a witch who looks like Emilia that isn't Satella, but rather Echidna. Do Echidna and Satella look the same? After hundreds of years have the names/appearances of the witches been mixed up? Is Echidna really Satella, but giving a false name?

Echidna explained about the different Witches of Deadly Sins, but it's possible she's lying.

Should I know the answer to this, or has it not been revealed yet?

Iirc
    Emilia looks exactly like Satella( and I suspect is an avatar of her) but I think all half elves and elves half white hair

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

If it was an enemy plot, Lelouche wouldn't necessarily need to feel bad, just be more careful. But he should DEFINITELY feel bad, so the original interpretation is stronger, I feel.

V.V. never revealed such a thing to anyone (which honestly if he had done it would probably have been eventually revealed in the series), so Lelouch would feel responsible and Suzaku would hate him regardless. At one point in R2 Suzaku is grilling Lelouch and the latter decides to just act as if he had done it intentionally, even giving what he eventually made out of the situation so that Euphemia's death might not be in vain (the large scale rebellion of the Japanese) as his supposed premeditated motivation for the command before continuing to answer each of Suzaku's questions with an answer that puts him in the worst light possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sqDgMhvK4&list=WL&index=11&t=0s

V.V. secretly being behind one of the most pivotal tragic moments in the series, one that changed nearly everything, and never letting anyone know he'd done it would be some grade-A villainy.

I kinda want to run a D&D campaign now where the party's actions blow-up in their faces halfway through the campaign and they're led to believe some tragedy was all their fault for the most of the rest of the time only to discover near the end that the BBEG was truly responsible for the event the party had long-since been beating itself up for.

Hexmage-PA on
This discussion has been closed.