Options

[Unicorn Overlord] Vanillaware Tactics and Spherical Continuity

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    During the weekdays I don't have enough time to play so I tend to just sit at the Coliseum and not change my squad for PVP. Well, it was viable enough that I also decided to finally chip away at the bonus stages of the Offline mode while I was there.

Culminating in tonight...
    https://youtu.be/B0-dsfraqAQ

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 12
    Spectrum wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Using assists to leech XP seems big brained but its mostly useless. Kills are like, 10x or more xp compared to combat and assists, there is almost zero value to additional combat that isnt a unit finishing another unit off
    The bosses give enough XP that you should juice and leech that XP as much as possible, that's how you keep your entire army mostly leveled without having to grind sigils. Stack Rookie Eggs and give Royal Order and even the assists will earn a few thousand xp.
    Details, though probably old news to y'all:
    It involved Dragoon Dive on my Wyvern Rider, which I acquired somewhere in my natural progression, either a quest, or bought from a town, not sure, the Ice Conferral Tome, which you can get from visiting Yahna's tower after recruiting her, and the White Cat-Eared Hood on a Cleric (though I don't think it matters who wears it), which you need to spend 20 Divine Shards at a Church. Fortunately I hadn't been in a while and had enough shards saved up. The Frost Tome took me the longest to find, since I thought it would be one of the towers Lex climbs for gear, but no, it's part of the townscape for Yahna's original town in the swamp in Cornia, but it wasn't apparent initially that you can interact with it separately from the rest of the town.

I had Hilda in the front row with the Dragoon Dive spear, a Carnelian signet for the 2nd AP she needs to cast it, and a +Initiative accessory. In the back is Yahna with the Ice Tome, Gilbert, to boost everyone's initiative further (Berengaria lowering it was also an option), and Tatiana with the Cat-Eared hood and two other items boosting her PP to 4.

Turn order is typically:
    Gilbert's "at the beginning of combat" limited ability triggers, boosting everyone's speed (just need Hilda to go before the other team)
    Hilda starts charging her lasers
    Tatiana responds by casting Impetus on her, which makes it Hilda's turn immediately
    Yahna Confers Ice on Hilda
    Hilda leaps in the air and dive bombs everyone for chip damage, but more importantly, freezes the entire other team
    Everyone's gambits are set to ignore frozen targets, so everyone stands by, and I win with my team at 100% hp and the other team at less than that.

If the enemy had high evade, sometimes it was a matter of just rerolling a few times until a ~60% chance to hit
    If the enemy had someone with Cover or Arrow Guard, I had to hope Yahna could survive one hit, then hit with her Icebolt to freeze the last remaining enemy.
    A few other things cropped up, but various tweaks got me past them (one map had a bunch of wyverns, and one was Covered and survived to breathe fire, so I needed Fire Medallions, for example.)

If there were lots of enemy Thieves, Fencers, or Gryphon Knights, this stopped working, and I had to use custom arrangements of Hoplite, Thief, or Dark Marquess in the front row, and my own Fencers and Archers in the back row (though for one stage putting 2 in the front and back broke the enemy ai and let me win) along with usually a Cleric or Gilbert as support.

My main takeaway is that Gilbert is awesome, and Berengaria is even more incredible than I thought initially (which was already very much).

Right now I'm rank 3, so I have rank 2 and the champion left. I gave rank 2 a shot and it looks like it will need a custom solution, and I imagine the champion will be much the same.
    I stayed up 3 hours past my bedtime doing this, am absolutely paying for it today, but I'm having so much fun with this.
    You should have Wyvern Reins or whatever they're called by now that give 20% Attack and Truesight if the flyer is at 100% HP. That gives that strategy a lot more legs. I use it in pvp still and it's viable-ish in the 2nd stage coliseum, though usually needs a fair bit of help the higher you go.
    Oh, good tip! I have that on my Gryphon Master, but once I promote Hilda I'll have a third slot for her and can move that piece over.

I beat the champion in the coliseum:
    the Rank 2 fight took some tuning because of the Cover/Guard/Magic Barrier. Swapped Gilbert to Berengaria, who reduced enemy Speed, then had her Ice Axe the Legionnaire so he couldn't Guard, then Travis (swapped him in for the Cleric as the White Cat-Ear Hood user) Passive Stole the Legionnaire's PP so he couldn't Cover. With that set up, Yahna and Hilda executed the Ice Dragoon Dive and hit everyone.

Brought this team to the Rank 1 fight to see how it went, and it was good enough on the first try that after tweaking I got there. Ren/Travis froze and stole PP from the Shieldshooter so she couldn't cover, Ice Dragoon Dive, and then Icebolts and Thrown Poison daggers actually finished Amalia off. Hilda was relatively safe with Deflect active. I will admit my memory is a little blurry, because I also remember Travis Blinding the back row, and Gilbert and Yahna being involved at some point, but there were a lot of attempts and reshuffling.

For the solo fight I initially tried Solo Travis attempting to Steal PP and stop her Truestrike passive buff, but her guard was high enough that it was inconsistent and I wanted something more reliable. So why send one thief when you have two? I set up Gammel as well, and since he was slightly faster I gave him the gloves that grant the Warrior's Binding Guard, and I Guard Sealed then mugged PP. With no PP, Amalia flailed fruitlessly against the thief pair, and I was the victor!

Amalia seems like she would trivialize the game, so she's probably benched until everyone else catches her level.

With that done, back to the story!

Question about Binding Guard: Can the triggering attack that inflicts Guard Seal itself be guarded? I got an item that can grant Binding Guard, and I'm wondering if you give it to a Thief, does that mean Passive Steal can't be guarded and will always steal PP?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Using assists to leech XP seems big brained but its mostly useless. Kills are like, 10x or more xp compared to combat and assists, there is almost zero value to additional combat that isnt a unit finishing another unit off
    The bosses give enough XP that you should juice and leech that XP as much as possible, that's how you keep your entire army mostly leveled without having to grind sigils. Stack Rookie Eggs and give Royal Order and even the assists will earn a few thousand xp.
    Details, though probably old news to y'all:
    It involved Dragoon Dive on my Wyvern Rider, which I acquired somewhere in my natural progression, either a quest, or bought from a town, not sure, the Ice Conferral Tome, which you can get from visiting Yahna's tower after recruiting her, and the White Cat-Eared Hood on a Cleric (though I don't think it matters who wears it), which you need to spend 20 Divine Shards at a Church. Fortunately I hadn't been in a while and had enough shards saved up. The Frost Tome took me the longest to find, since I thought it would be one of the towers Lex climbs for gear, but no, it's part of the townscape for Yahna's original town in the swamp in Cornia, but it wasn't apparent initially that you can interact with it separately from the rest of the town.

I had Hilda in the front row with the Dragoon Dive spear, a Carnelian signet for the 2nd AP she needs to cast it, and a +Initiative accessory. In the back is Yahna with the Ice Tome, Gilbert, to boost everyone's initiative further (Berengaria lowering it was also an option), and Tatiana with the Cat-Eared hood and two other items boosting her PP to 4.

Turn order is typically:
    Gilbert's "at the beginning of combat" limited ability triggers, boosting everyone's speed (just need Hilda to go before the other team)
    Hilda starts charging her lasers
    Tatiana responds by casting Impetus on her, which makes it Hilda's turn immediately
    Yahna Confers Ice on Hilda
    Hilda leaps in the air and dive bombs everyone for chip damage, but more importantly, freezes the entire other team
    Everyone's gambits are set to ignore frozen targets, so everyone stands by, and I win with my team at 100% hp and the other team at less than that.

If the enemy had high evade, sometimes it was a matter of just rerolling a few times until a ~60% chance to hit
    If the enemy had someone with Cover or Arrow Guard, I had to hope Yahna could survive one hit, then hit with her Icebolt to freeze the last remaining enemy.
    A few other things cropped up, but various tweaks got me past them (one map had a bunch of wyverns, and one was Covered and survived to breathe fire, so I needed Fire Medallions, for example.)

If there were lots of enemy Thieves, Fencers, or Gryphon Knights, this stopped working, and I had to use custom arrangements of Hoplite, Thief, or Dark Marquess in the front row, and my own Fencers and Archers in the back row (though for one stage putting 2 in the front and back broke the enemy ai and let me win) along with usually a Cleric or Gilbert as support.

My main takeaway is that Gilbert is awesome, and Berengaria is even more incredible than I thought initially (which was already very much).

Right now I'm rank 3, so I have rank 2 and the champion left. I gave rank 2 a shot and it looks like it will need a custom solution, and I imagine the champion will be much the same.
    I stayed up 3 hours past my bedtime doing this, am absolutely paying for it today, but I'm having so much fun with this.
    You should have Wyvern Reins or whatever they're called by now that give 20% Attack and Truesight if the flyer is at 100% HP. That gives that strategy a lot more legs. I use it in pvp still and it's viable-ish in the 2nd stage coliseum, though usually needs a fair bit of help the higher you go.
    Oh, good tip! I have that on my Gryphon Master, but once I promote Hilda I'll have a third slot for her and can move that piece over.

I beat the champion in the coliseum:
    the Rank 2 fight took some tuning because of the Cover/Guard/Magic Barrier. Swapped Gilbert to Berengaria, who reduced enemy Speed, then had her Ice Axe the Legionnaire so he couldn't Guard, then Travis (swapped him in for the Cleric as the White Cat-Ear Hood user) Passive Stole the Legionnaire's PP so he couldn't Cover. With that set up, Yahna and Hilda executed the Ice Dragoon Dive and hit everyone.

Brought this team to the Rank 1 fight to see how it went, and it was good enough on the first try that after tweaking I got there. Ren/Travis froze and stole PP from the Shieldshooter so she couldn't cover, Ice Dragoon Dive, and then Icebolts and Thrown Poison daggers actually finished Amalia off. Hilda was relatively safe with Deflect active. I will admit my memory is a little blurry, because I also remember Travis Blinding the back row, and Gilbert and Yahna being involved at some point, but there were a lot of attempts and reshuffling.

For the solo fight I initially tried Solo Travis attempting to Steal PP and stop her Truestrike passive buff, but her guard was high enough that it was inconsistent and I wanted something more reliable. So why send one thief when you have two? I set up Gammel as well, and since he was slightly faster I gave him the gloves that grant the Warrior's Binding Guard, and I Guard Sealed then mugged PP. With no PP, Amalia flailed fruitlessly against the thief pair, and I was the victor!

Question about Binding Guard: Can the triggering attack that inflicts Guard Seal itself be guarded? I got an item that can grant Binding Guard, and I'm wondering if you give it to a Thief, does that mean Passive Steal can't be guarded and will always steal PP?

Guard sealing attacks can indeed be guarded. Hammer peeps give no fucks about guard, so it might give the wrong impression.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Beat the game. Last couple of missions were pretty fun was almost sad to be done with it but I need to get this backlog down.

All and all feeling like one of my GotYs so far.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I'm 1/3-1/2 way into Elfland, and I hit B rank way back in early Drakehold, and A rank somewhere between north Cornia liberation/late Drakehold/early Elfland. I have maybe 10 units left to promote, but I'm thinking I put a pin it that for now and get my first group to 5 units, if only to allow me to run better teams in the Coliseum, and so Alain can keep more friends in his company during regular play.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'm in the same area, I made Alain's team 5, and am looking to focus on promoting more than expanding even though I'm reaching a point where I have 3 dabmaster squads and the rest are lagging behind, so I need to switch them out to get some higher just to be safe.

My current Alain team is him with Celeste, Melisandre, Auch, and Berenice. But I'm thinking I need to switch out Berenice or dew her up because she is missing an awful lot these days, even with the blue spectacles and an initiative bump.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I talked myself out of it but for a moment I genuinely wanted to see how far I could get in the unlockable difficulty level employing a Level 100 Charizard strategy of Alain surrounded by nine units' worth of mercenaries built for no other purpose than providing a storm of assists if he winds up really needing it. Maybe a secondary unit of plot characters to sit on the home base and keep shenanigans from happening.

The game has a lot of cheese strategies but there's a really simple one that lets you smash things up with just one unit, from the map-navigation perspective:
    The Elven Augurs' Quick Call valor skill ends wait times instantly, no matter what kind of wait time they are. This includes the Rest wait time. With Alain as your leader, you get a lot more Valor Points per kill; so you beat faces in until you're out of Stamina, rest, pop Quick Call, and repeat. And it's an AoE, so if you're exhausting multiple units you can just have a sleepover with the elf and everyone comes out of it refreshed.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    I talked myself out of it but for a moment I genuinely wanted to see how far I could get in the unlockable difficulty level employing a Level 100 Charizard strategy of Alain surrounded by nine units' worth of mercenaries built for no other purpose than providing a storm of assists if he winds up really needing it. Maybe a secondary unit of plot characters to sit on the home base and keep shenanigans from happening.

The game has a lot of cheese strategies but there's a really simple one that lets you smash things up with just one unit, from the map-navigation perspective:
    The Elven Augurs' Quick Call valor skill ends wait times instantly, no matter what kind of wait time they are. This includes the Rest wait time. With Alain as your leader, you get a lot more Valor Points per kill; so you beat faces in until you're out of Stamina, rest, pop Quick Call, and repeat. And it's an AoE, so if you're exhausting multiple units you can just have a sleepover with the elf and everyone comes out of it refreshed.
    Housecarls have an ability that restores 2 stamina to an area, which lets you do the same sort of thing, but saves you having to bring a stupid elf along.

• Options
    Finally unlocked the S Rank reward fight. Kind of interesting that they make you do that. I poked at it for a little before realizing I needed to super tryhard and brought out a double Hood strat to succeed in wiping the board.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i beat the game, sort of

end of game spoilers (?)
    i skipped bastorias entirely, so i'll probably go back, clear it out, get the final shrine and get the inevitable true ending (?), but i liked being able to clear it without even seeing an entire country.

for anyone wondering what skipping that region does: a dozen units of beast people showed up for the final battle to fight against me, instead of assist like every other region did. my alain and renault deathballs cleared most of the UO map anyway while crunching down a lot of buns and steaks. then, during the credits, it skipped all the cutscenes from bastorias. amazing flexibility, really.

makes me curious what it would be like to clear UO even earlier in the plot. is there a bad ending??

• Options
    Chugging along in Elfland. I swapped all my teams around for Rapport building. About 7-8 of them are functional, but the last two can basically only provide assists. I need more healers and or tanks to distribute.

Managed the level 19 Main Quest, which was pretty long, and the level 20 Side Quest, which was interesting:
    I didn't have space for Elven Archers after swapping all my units around, so I was a bit worried about the fire spreading after I used up all the Prayer Circles. Fortunately I cleared all the enemy command posts and spawned the boss, then deployed someone next to him to beat him.

After I beat the level 19 main quest and unlocked central Elfland, I wandered around and found the next batch of sigil/liberation/side/main quests, so I have a roadmap for the time being.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i beat the game, sort of

end of game spoilers (?)
    i skipped bastorias entirely, so i'll probably go back, clear it out, get the final shrine and get the inevitable true ending (?), but i liked being able to clear it without even seeing an entire country.

for anyone wondering what skipping that region does: a dozen units of beast people showed up for the final battle to fight against me, instead of assist like every other region did. my alain and renault deathballs cleared most of the UO map anyway while crunching down a lot of buns and steaks. then, during the credits, it skipped all the cutscenes from bastorias. amazing flexibility, really.

makes me curious what it would be like to clear UO even earlier in the plot. is there a bad ending??
    I happened to have been spoiled on this, so this is a double spoiler warning on your last question.
    Yes, there are in fact TWO bad ending variations.

One if you beeline the center without even rescuing Scarlett, one if you rescue Scarlett but don't power up the Ring before going to the center.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 13

Housecarls have an ability that restores 2 stamina to an area, which lets you do the same sort of thing, but saves you having to bring a stupid elf along.
    First of all, how dare you. :p

Second, Vitalize costs 2 VP and restores 2 stamina; Quick Call costs 3 VP and resting restores 4 stamina, so the economy works out better.

Because I have no self-control, I went ahead and started that max-difficulty run, and yeah, it turns out that just seriously overfeeding a unit made out of the designated Really Great Characters lets you win all your individual fights and using either Vitalize or Quick Call cheese once you can get it means effectively unlimited stamina. I ran into problems in the mission to rescue Scarlett, but principally because I overconfidently approached the last section. I don't think you can get by without at least two units given that there is in fact occasional pressure to be in more than one place at once, but there's enough characters to fill the second slot.

Assist spam feels less viable than I thought it was going to be, because if the assist units aren't being kept on-level, the damage quickly becomes negligible. And the whole point of the Level 100 Charaizard is that you're having one (or two) unit(s) handle everything.

It is actually kind of hilarious how far you can get in the game how quickly if you skip absolutely everything that you can actually skip.

Speaking of! There is an even faster way to handle individual battles; not only can you press the plus button to skip battle animations, you can press it again immediately after to skip the damage readouts and go immediately to the experience payouts.

Kupi on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    If you really want to rush to the end, the Sellsword valor skill that summons warriors summons them based on the map's level, not the character's level.

So you can go right to those level 40 maps, spam that a bunch to get dudes to whittle enemies down, and then let your low level unit deal the finishing blow to gain 20 levels at once.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    If you really want to rush to the end, the Sellsword valor skill that summons warriors summons them based on the map's level, not the character's level.

So you can go right to those level 40 maps, spam that a bunch to get dudes to whittle enemies down, and then let your low level unit deal the finishing blow to gain 20 levels at once.

Yeah - if you want to speedrun the game you're probably looking at rushing Selvie to be able to do sigils and then use Sellsword to get to the last trial ASAP and shove levels down someone's throat.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I did some restructuring the other day to lean into some synergies I wanted to try with most everybody having level 30 skills, and shuffled some equipment around, etc, then didn't play for a couple days and now I have no idea why some of my units are set up the way they are, or doing the things they do, and I'm not even certain if it's just some minor tweaks needed, or if I just left things half undone. At least one character had absolutely nothing equipped, so probably both.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm puzzled by behavior with actions at the start of battle. Does only one "at the start of battle" ever occur? (Its somewhat embarrassing that I just kinda put this together). I have two swordsmen in a particular unit, where Artemis as the usual hastened strike, while the Meli has artery strike from her weapon. When both are equipped, it seems only Artemis uses his hastened strike, while Meli doesn't use hers unless I unequip Artemis' skill. If that's the case, how does it determine which start of battle skill occurs?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited April 15
    Ok, I'm puzzled by behavior with actions at the start of battle. Does only one "at the start of battle" ever occur? (Its somewhat embarrassing that I just kinda put this together). I have two swordsmen in a particular unit, where Artemis as the usual hastened strike, while the Meli has artery strike from her weapon. When both are equipped, it seems only Artemis uses his hastened strike, while Meli doesn't use hers unless I unequip Artemis' skill. If that's the case, how does it determine which start of battle skill occurs?
    Correct, only one start of battle occurs. Highest initiative is who goes.

--

Got the Lips Ring so I can finally do the memeteam dream combo (Lips + Hood + Trinity + Recast + Sorcerous Connection). Just need to dodge Owls, Feather Shields, and United Front teams now.

I did play around with the variant that opens with Blizzard instead but it's not reliable because of so much Debuff/Freeze immunity in PVP, so the team gets counterblown up before the Trinity fires.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

--

Got the Lips Ring so I can finally do the memeteam dream combo (Lips + Hood + Trinity + Recast + Magick Connection). Just need to dodge Owls, Feather Shields, and United Front teams now.

I did play around with the variant that opens with Blizzard instead but it's not reliable because of so much Debuff/Freeze immunity in PVP, so the team gets counterblown up before the Trinity fires.

See, this is why I'm tempted to use the mirror greatshield on a team for kicks. People doing that will dodge feathershields... but will they check every greatshield user just in case?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

--

Got the Lips Ring so I can finally do the memeteam dream combo (Lips + Hood + Trinity + Recast + Magick Connection). Just need to dodge Owls, Feather Shields, and United Front teams now.

I'm going to "well actually" you while also probably getting a detail wrong, but it's not that Start of Battle triggers can only trigger once, but only one effect tagged with (Limited) may activate per condition. The important part of this is that (Limited) effects also exist for other triggers, so it's worth keeping in mind when setting up other triggered effects as well.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Finished the 3rd area and started the 4th area. Decided to go back and do some house cleaning for a town I missed and needed a merc to guard it.

So I head to the nearest recruitment area and accidentally talk to the person outside that wanted to fight. Annoyed, I pressed B to skip the conversation and it took me directly to the fight screen. I mashed the skip button to quickly kill them off and I earned 2k gold?! Confused, I went to another fight nearby and earned another 2k gold.

15 minutes later, the map was free of fights and my coffers runneth over with coin.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 15
    Polaritie wrote: »

See, this is why I'm tempted to use the mirror greatshield on a team for kicks. People doing that will dodge feathershields... but will they check every greatshield user just in case?
    If you're not lazy you have to check anyway because people also put on the Owl acccesory to Quick Dispel, which also breaks the combo.

I'm going to "well actually" you while also probably getting a detail wrong, but it's not that Start of Battle triggers can only trigger once, but only one effect tagged with (Limited) may activate per condition. The important part of this is that (Limited) effects also exist for other triggers, so it's worth keeping in mind when setting up other triggered effects as well.
    It's the same result but yes, it's a broader answer to a common scenario that trips people up.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Finished the 3rd area and started the 4th area. Decided to go back and do some house cleaning for a town I missed and needed a merc to guard it.

So I head to the nearest recruitment area and accidentally talk to the person outside that wanted to fight. Annoyed, I pressed B to skip the conversation and it took me directly to the fight screen. I mashed the skip button to quickly kill them off and I earned 2k gold?! Confused, I went to another fight nearby and earned another 2k gold.

15 minutes later, the map was free of fights and my coffers runneth over with coin.
    Yep. If you full kill the squad in those test battles, you earn money. Same kind of mechanic where if you full kill the enemy randos on the field, you get the Honors early. And also in some special out of battle encounters you have to full wipe the enemy squad to win.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

And you get a little tick mark!

• Options
    edited April 15
    Something silly I just noticed.

If a unit starts battle at low health, they won't go into the "low health" animation. But if their HP is updated by anything after that, their animation updates. Including being healed.

So if you've got something with a huge amount of health that starts the battle at very low HP, and they get a weak heal that doesn't bring them out of the danger zone, they'll suddenly moan and keel over from being healed.

E:
    These angel-land liberation missions are... uncharacteristically horribly balanced. In one, there'll be like 8 enemies with two in guard towers plus the leader, but also blockades and mines on a super strict time limit. And then the next one will have your camp be right next to the boss with all the enemies on the opposite side, so you can just deploy, take four steps, and win.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    As a random story comment, I'm a little tired of people teleporting away because the party is content to talk to them instead of restraining them.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Angel Land is still feeling pretty half-baked, especially with stuff like a random recruitable cavalry dude in one of these 2 minute long fights. Like, okay. Last unique knight dude was like four regions and 25 levels ago, but okay.

Plus a bunch of towns suddenly selling the super expensive 2 AP/PP accessories all in a row, so a quick tour of deliveries later to get nowhere near enough influx of cash (though I am sitting on like 200,000 gold in unsold gold eggs alone that I'll never equip and just hoard) and I'm overcapped on honor with nothing to spend it on... and then there's an NPC who lets you trade for one of the respec mirrors at super cheap, so no I'm half tempted to pick up like 20 of those and fix everybody who has godawful traits. I haven't even paid that close attention to them, except when there's multiple people of the same type. I shudder to think what some of these goofs might be.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Got the Lips Ring so I can finally do the memeteam dream combo (Lips + Hood + Trinity + Recast + Sorcerous Connection). Just need to dodge Owls, Feather Shields, and United Front teams now.

Remarking that I swapped to a different variant instead because I was running into the Trinity caster not being able to hit some people sometimes. So instead it's a split double Hood team.

Hastened Action -> Trinity -> Quick Impetus -> Hawkeye -> Inspiration kills everyone except for the person who got covered and anyone with a Sacred Knight protection
    then at high initiative Yunifi goes Glacial Arrow -> Quick Impetus -> Eagle Eye -> Thunderous Conferral and this probably wipes the rest of the board
    And if there's still anyone left they get cleaned up by Spinning Edge and remaining caster AP (a couple Ice Bolts and Fire Bolts and a Sonic Arrow)

Team still loses to Quick Dispels, probably loses to Dark Marquess Staff teams, has no answer for United Front teams (though I can just drop Yunifi and they probably clean them), and I have PP economy problems if there's Featherwing Blind on Attack (can probably item swap to put a Debuff Immune on if that's their only protection honestly). But hey it's something.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    What time does the Coliseum reset? For me it says 20:00, but it doesn't list a time zone (local to me? East Coast? West Coast? Tokyo Time?) nor am I sure if that's with respect to daylight savings time observance or not.

• Options
    What time does the Coliseum reset? For me it says 20:00, but it doesn't list a time zone (local to me? East Coast? West Coast? Tokyo Time?) nor am I sure if that's with respect to daylight savings time observance or not.
    I want to say it reflects your local timezone but may not respect Daylight Savings.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I now have the UwU ring and Harem Overlord is making me now question best girl:

Melisandre is good and thirsty, she's like a Ginger
    but Celeste is also good, also thirsty but she's like a Mary Ann
    but Rosalinde is also good, also very thirsty and is a gyaru elf so it's like a duh, m i rite?
    and then there's a pettiness where I want to pick Sharon just to dab on the angels.

and then there's being magically whisked away with....Scarlett.

.....Hi, I'm notmarrying Scarlett....

ecaaPeC.png

• Options
    Nothing's stopping you from giving it to Colm.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Sharon is already married to Ochlys, so get out of here with that nonsense.

Besides, the correct answer is to keep it in the family and marry the cousin.

• Options
    I imagine I won't marry anyone and will leave it until right before the last battle while I unlock absolutely everyone's rapport conversations.

• Options
    I wouldn't leave it quite that long, the upgraded rings are rather useful.

• Options
    edited April 16
    Etiowsa wrote: »

I agree, only a monster would try and get between those two!

Edit: Also, I may have forgotten this conversation, but what in the world am I supposed to do with all this star iron(?) that I'm finding at this stone rings with the Elven fencer guy with great hair?

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options

CwGhHFH.jpg

• Options

Edit: Also, I may have forgotten this conversation, but what in the world am I supposed to do with all this star iron(?) that I'm finding at this stone rings with the Elven fencer guy with great hair?

You can give them to some statues in Bastorias for weapons.

• Options

There's a bunch of statues on the east side of the werepeople region that you can trade it for various weapons.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Gotcha. I think I've seen those on the map, but I haven't gotten enough ore to fix that bridge (I don't think I've found the mine for the Bastorias region yet).

Also, just a minor nitpick, but I really wish that they would just let us pay for a guard at the city and not need to hire a merc, since now I have a mix of mercs that I don't intend to use along with the ones I actually do, and it just makes the menus clunkier to to navigate.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Gotcha. I think I've seen those on the map, but I haven't gotten enough ore to fix that bridge (I don't think I've found the mine for the Bastorias region yet).

Also, just a minor nitpick, but I really wish that they would just let us pay for a guard at the city and not need to hire a merc, since now I have a mix of mercs that I don't intend to use along with the ones I actually do, and it just makes the menus clunkier to to navigate.

Couple of solutions that help with the guards:

Pick some color scheme that doesn't appear on other units and make all guards follow it. For me that was all white + silver/starmetal armor

Unequip on hire and vendor the stuff.

steam_sig.png