As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    The new raid is garbage! You basically do as much damage as you can for 3 turns then the fight ends. Even with my strongest team and a finisher it takes multiple turns...
    Tip: Don't forget to bring a way to disease the boss since that's the only way to break it's DEF/SPR.

Apologies for not setting up a Lassgen last night. I was tired and forgot.
    Edit: Lassgen is set in slot 1 with max bug killer and almost max LB damage. I had to poach a materia from NV Terra. Sorry for people who use mine.

I was able to kill him on turn 2; so he does have an actual HP limit. He's just very tanky and lots of HP.
    Also, watch out for the FFBE Universe event thing. It's a daily event and one of the challenge events is use a limit burst.. if you're like me, and forget to use an LB, that's your only attempt for the day. We'll see tomorrow if the missions reset and I just lost out of an EX ticket or not.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    If I take the time to setup my team correctly, I'm sure I could get a turn 2 kill. I just want to hit repeat for max score and rewards!

So, for the Worm trial, it seems like the preference is to go magic damage because of SoS Lightning's 90% SPR break LB.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    That does explain that. I was coming here to ask if the raid seemed weirdly tough for people. Because I took a bonus unit team in there and in ADV I was in timeout city.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Turn 2 kill of it for me but had to actually bother to gear and chain a little to make it happen.

• Options
    Got a 1 turn kill down with bonus units. Only crappy part is having to shift NVA Lightning to her shift form every time. Really wish we had that QoL update to start battle in the shift form automatically.
    Vanille -> double cooldown to break, earth imbue, boost earth damage
    Lightning -> shift, gun imperil + 2x BS
    Radian Lightning -> 3x AMoE move
    SS Lightning -> 3x BS move
    Serah -> 2x earth BS + magnus

All the Lightning DPS' are geared with gun weapons only for the gun imperil.

• Options
    I only have 1 Esper Vanille, so that strategy is out for me. I just swapped in Ibara as a finisher and I can easily get a turn 2 kill. I don't care about having more raid coins that I probably won't summon beyond the raid box completion.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Lassgen set up in Nem 2 for Sandworm if wanted, can be used as chainer or finisher.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    This feels very annoying. Honestly, I think I'm straight up not going to bother to farm this. I barely get more coins from doing LGD and doing, I dunno, 30% of its health, than I get from just doing BGN with significantly less hassle, so yeah, screw this entire thing. I'm doing BGN until I get to the monthly coin, then I'm out.

Drascin on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm using Terra along with bonus units for a 2T clear on the raid. Not terrible.

Finished Sandworm trial, took it slow and steady with most of my units just reloading every round. I used NVA Sabin as my evade cover tank so I could use him as an MP battery as well.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    This feels very annoying. Honestly, I think I'm straight up not going to bother to farm this. I barely get more coins from doing LGD and doing, I dunno, 30% of its health, than I get from just doing BGN with significantly less hassle, so yeah, screw this entire thing. I'm doing BGN until I get to the monthly coin, then I'm out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding this raid not worth it. Hell, I don't have a single NV bonus unit, which is the only reasonable way to farm these things; the best i have is a bunch of unaugmented 7*s and one 6* which barely gets me through the very basic level. If I want to clear ADV, I have to have an NV ally unit or I'm dead, otherwise I can clear it in two to three turns. I don't do enough damage to the highest difficulty to even scratch it.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm using Terra along with bonus units for a 2T clear on the raid. Not terrible.

Finished Sandworm trial, took it slow and steady with most of my units just reloading every round. I used NVA Sabin as my evade cover tank so I could use him as an MP battery as well.

I went Gabranth for evade cover just because, SoS Lightning for passive provoke/evade and some support abilities, Locke for poisoning and breaks, Lassgen for chainer, and dual Terras for capping. Finished with Terra LBs the second time she was ready, nearly brainless clear. Guess they can’t all be winners.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I still have to go and do Bahamut hardmode. Think I'm gonna take my own magic tank (Charlotte can just reraise herself) and find a good Lassgen friend. Pretty sure some on my friendlist are still set for that trial.

Thankfully this week is free of NRG spending events, so I can do that and then farm out some extra Chocobo hats.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding this raid not worth it. Hell, I don't have a single NV bonus unit, which is the only reasonable way to farm these things; the best i have is a bunch of unaugmented 7*s and one 6* which barely gets me through the very basic level. If I want to clear ADV, I have to have an NV ally unit or I'm dead, otherwise I can clear it in two to three turns. I don't do enough damage to the highest difficulty to even scratch it.

I mean, I do have NVs, just not ones that are bonus units, but I really don't think I can be arsed to do a whole equipment puzzle searching for beast killers and unequip all my actual units and so on, for raid coins.

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I mean, I do have NVs, just not ones that are bonus units, but I really don't think I can be arsed to do a whole equipment puzzle searching for beast killers and unequip all my actual units and so on, for raid coins.

Reminder: You can filter your equipment/materia for killers now. No more searching required!

• Options
    Well, just for the pride thing, I decided to at least get one kill on this thing. So I lost one bonus unit and brought out NV Firion to put an arrow into its goddamn head. Had to wait for turn 3 because I barely missed getting his LB charged for turn 2, sadly.

Still, definitely feeling super not worth the time. A T3 kill for approximately 6700 raid coins, when doing BGN in one turn of hitting Reload and clicking everything at the same time brings about 2700 base coins? Yeah, nah. Quick numbers tell me that 6700 plus 260% bonus is about 24K, while 2700 plus 300% bonus is a bit over 10K. So yeah, I'm willing to do half as many coins if it means I can just hit reload and click".

• Options
    Is there anything super great in the event points? Like, trans pearls or the like? If not, yeah, just grinding the BGN stage to preserve your sanity is well worth it.

• Options
    Not really, I think. I do intend to get to the 500K event points for the monthly coin, but beyond that, eh. It seems to be largely pots.

• Options
    I still have to go and do Bahamut hardmode. Think I'm gonna take my own magic tank (Charlotte can just reraise herself) and find a good Lassgen friend. Pretty sure some on my friendlist are still set for that trial.

Thankfully this week is free of NRG spending events, so I can do that and then farm out some extra Chocobo hats.

I can set Lassgen back to it if you like.

• Options

I can set Lassgen back to it if you like.

I wouldn't mind more options, if you don't mind setting one up.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    One of the raid EX tickets came down NV Akstar #3. I almost forgot to run the shard dungeon today! Don't forget people!

I wanted to do the Sandworm trial last night, but I just couldn't do it. I really didn't feel like gearing a team and then slogging through 10-20 turns, even if most of them are just repeat.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Is there anything super great in the event points? Like, trans pearls or the like? If not, yeah, just grinding the BGN stage to preserve your sanity is well worth it.

Supposedly after the box summons are done, in JP the generic raid coin summon had omniprisms and trans pearls in it with a very low rate. Haven't seen any confirmation yet from the GL side, which could either mean they aren't there or just that there aren't enough people yet that have blown through all their box summons and spammed the generic summon to trigger it.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Lorek wrote: »
    Supposedly after the box summons are done, in JP the generic raid coin summon had omniprisms and trans pearls in it with a very low rate. Haven't seen any confirmation yet from the GL side, which could either mean they aren't there or just that there aren't enough people yet that have blown through all their box summons and spammed the generic summon to trigger it.
    It's the least Gumi could do for keeping this awful raid format. I'll start working through the raid coins and see what happens. I've gotten lucky with the 4* tickets from previous raids.

edit: I didn't have enough currency to clear Box 5. I'll see what pops up over the weekend.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm a single multipull away from clearing the last box, so I'll be pulling in the post-box pool later today. I'll report back anything interesting I pull. Would be neat to have the chance to get more trans pearls and omniprisms. More pearls will be very welcome as I am planning on spending 6 pearls in the coming days thanks to the fragment dungeon.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Looks like people on reddit are confirming that there are omniprisms in the post-box summon, as well regular rare summon tickets and 1xNRG pots. I haven't seen confirmation of trans pearls but I'd imagine they're in the pool as well.

Edit: 10xNRG potions are in the pool, I pulled a couple

Cruor on
  • Options
    EX tickets from raid box gave me NV Edel. The overflow box had a t.pearl in it! Confirmed!

• Options
    NV Onion Knight and NV Physalis up to EX+1, huzzah! Couple more days for Raegen and Lightning to get their EX+1 and for Eldryn to get his EX+2. With that EX+2 I will have enough tickets to get a random NV. It'll probably be Cloud#whyyyy but still.

• Options
    NV Onion Knight and NV Physalis up to EX+1, huzzah! Couple more days for Raegen and Lightning to get their EX+1 and for Eldryn to get his EX+2. With that EX+2 I will have enough tickets to get a random NV. It'll probably be Cloud#whyyyy but still.

For me it will be an Aerith... I have one ex+3 and an ex+2 of her... three cards... and enough shards to make it be two ex+3.

• Options
    Once we get to the point of trans pearls not being any sort of bottleneck I'll probably EX+3 my Cloud. His card is really good, so I'd like to have more copies. I think I would have enough shards after that to at least EX+1 another copy.

• Options
    Since I'm doing the half coin rate BGN stage, I'm still working on box 5.

Doubting on who to work on with the fragments, though. Who to EX+2...

• Options
    Since I'm doing the half coin rate BGN stage, I'm still working on box 5.

Doubting on who to work on with the fragments, though. Who to EX+2...

Who are your EX+2 options? I think looking into getting STMRs may be a better bet than hoping we actually get the EX+2 enhancements that JP has. I swapped out NV Physalis and NV OK for Edgar to work in his EX+2, and also NV Lasswell for his EX+2. His STMR is nice for both magical and physical damage dealers, and a source of physical and magical Insect Killer.

• Options
    Well, I already have the fragments to +2 Gabranth, Elena, Kairi, and OK. I'm just debating on who deserves the pearls.

Options to work for include Cleome (for a hell of a katana, which is important because between NVA Lasswell and Akstar and Cleome and etcetera, I'm kinda swamped in AMoE katana dudes), Rain+Fina (for a good hybrid weapon, which I kind of don't have that many of), Aerith (good robes always have a place to go), or Fina+Daisy (that is a heck of a tank hat).

• Options
    Gabranth is a hell of a tank, and his STMR is really good. He'll be useful in trials going forward as there are a few that follow the Asura trend of heavy physical AoEs with accuracy. Kairi's STMR is also pretty damn good and, as a limited unit, the fragment dungeon is the only way to get it without using an STMR Moogle.

As for the others, Akstar&Cleome's STMR is indeed very good, especially for LB users. Rain&Fina's STMR is also incredibly good for any 2H Greatsword user and it also gives a hefty LB damage boost. There aren't a ton of GS users but we will be getting that Unit Design Moogle unit who looks to be a 2H GS user...but they may have their own STMR GS, so it's a gamble.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I may have done multiple laps on the Neo step-up and gotten only rainbows. We probably have a very good banner coming and now I'm below the 40k safety net. Oh well. I should have waited until tomorrow's news.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    I was expecting a video update this week; now I have no idea what's going to be up. It's a UoC ticket week though. Have they ever done UoC ticket in an Item World?
    Like they could do a re-run of the WotV item world so we can enhance the second Sleep Blade that you can pick up from the Universe coin shop.
    No idea what kind of banner you would do with that though.
    Otherwise, the next JP event schedule event up is the FF V mog king with NV Faris and NVA Bartz.

• Options
    I felt like doing more summons so I finished out the Neo step-up. No NV's, but some new STMRs and another Raegen so I can EX+1 him now. I kept going on the Marurka banner, because why not. I got an off-banner Yoshikiri (finally!) after 8 tickets. Luckily I had enough shards to EX+1 him. I need the insignia farm to come back around to finish off his last ability.

• Options
    Got Locke, Sol, and OK from four rounds. So... meh, Sol I have ex+3 and two STMRS already, Locked is EX+2, but OK will be EX+2 and a second STMR so it’s... something? The really nice bonus was the 5 stars this time as I got my third Zenaida STMR and second Shinju one.

• Options
    I just did a couple summons in the banner. I only had 48K lapis, but 1500 lapis for six rainbows with a chance of NV seemed fair.

And hey, no NVs, but I got three copies of various people I have at NVA and waiting for more fragments for +2, and a fourth Shinju for a pretty dang solid STMR, so, worth it.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I also pulled Shinju #4 today from the Neo step-up! Rate up confirmed!

Tiphares on
  • Options
    I did a single lap and got Valentine's Nichol and Karlette STMRs out of it. The last step had THREE 5* Hopes in it. Definitely not gonna pull on that cursed banner anymore.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    So, looks like FFV banner this week. I have a bunch of WoL Bartz, so I'll be able to NVA him to at least EX+1. Gilgamesh I only have one maxed out with his STMR.
    edit: The upgrades to Bartz STMR and Gilgamesh TMR look nice!

I'm a little confused by the NV Treasure Summon. There is no cost listed for it. I'm assuming that means it's either Free (not likely) or will cost real money as part of a bundle.

Tiphares on