As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Anyone have a screenshot of the new unit, out of curiosity? I'm not really going to go looking for the video on youtube in my phone right now.
    Behind the spoiler.
    p7duhl9sigu9.png

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Melia looks neat but Beatrix NVA is soon and is SUPER GOOD. Melia isn't limited, so there's always the chance to off-banner pull her as well, so I feel no need to pull for her. Gotta keep saving for my big Behemoth boy!

Pretty excited about Esther's rework. I have so many of her TMR and two of her STMR. Here's hoping that she's good.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I like the look, and the rabbit is a nice touch. But I do already have Daisy and Fina, so pulling for this does not seem like a must.

I'm wondering if I want to give a spin to the guaranteed NV banner. Got 46K lapis, so it'd drop me under the guaranteed threshold, but seems better return for lapis than this game usually gives?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I'm not gonna risk getting another NV Cloud/Rain/Akstar. The chances of getting something I could actually use/really want are decently low, and I wanna stay above 45k for King Behemy incase I need to pity him and grab his fragment bundle.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Yeah... as usual I let me pull amusement get the better of me and got things I had at EX+3 already. This is particularly stupid on my part because most of mine are EX+3. Don’t be me.

• Options
    Fair, I guess. Looking at the drop table, there's 24 NVs in the pool, only 8 of which I would be actively happy to see. 1/3rd chance is not that great.

• Options
    Got Bahamut down to 7%, bah. Gonna try and amp my killers up on Akstar&Cleome and try again. They're low on Dragon Killer, which I should be able to bump a little bit. Also gotta wait for my friends that are set up for Bahamut to refresh.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Bahamut down, 9T OBAMA! Now I'm finally all caught up on permanent content. My poor poor NVA Charlotte got murdered so hard in that fight, poor girl. NVA Bartz was definitely the MVP with his wind imbue and big old wind amplify.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah, perfect score on new damage cap Dark Odin. Next up, work on the magical stage one. Then it’s just whatever the best score is I can muster against Dark Asura. Felt damn good at least to pull off the new cap if nothing else at least on one.

• Options
    I was able to hit 8.0B on Dark Odin. I did not optimize my gear at all really and I'm not going back to do it again either. I haven't looked at the last 2 stages yet.

I don't know if someone has already mentioned it here or I saw it on reddit, but Melia is not a limited time unit. She will be added to the permanent pool of NV units.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    In game news about Esther's rework. Looks like she is getting a flat ATK boost on one of her passives, so that's great. Just need the mod numbers.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Zomro wrote: »
    In game news about Esther's rework. Looks like she is getting a flat ATK boost on one of her passives, so that's great. Just need the mod numbers.
    Yeah, 500 flat ATK is nice.

Someone on reddit said that it looks like Sylvie's TMR/STMR got buffed too? I know the DEF/SPR values were buffed a while ago.
    Here is the original for comparison:

TMR: Twin Bunny Clips (Accessory) - 35 DEF/SPR, 10% HP/MP, Fire (+5%), Ice (+5%), Lightning (+15%), Water (+5%), Wind (+5%), Earth (+15%), Light (+15%), Dark (+5%)
    STMR: Spring Basket (Light Shield) - 45 DEF, 94 SPR, 10% HP/MP, 10% HP/MP (Sylvie only), Fire (+5%), Ice (+5%), Lightning (+50%), Water (+5%), Wind (+5%), Earth (+50%), Light (+50%), Dark (+5%), Paralyze (Null), Petrify(Null)

New values:
    TMR: [Accessory] DEF/SPR +35, +5% Fire/Ice/Water/Wind/Dark resist, +15% Lightning/Earth/Light resist, +10% HP/MP, +2 LB/turn
    STMR: [Light shield] DEF +95, SPR +194, +10% HP/MP, +5% Fire/Ice/Water/Wind/Dark resist, +50% Lightning/Earth/Light resist, +100% Paralyze/Petrify resist, +10% HP/MP (Sylvie only)

Tiphares on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The STMR is because it's a shield so it got big stat boosts as part of the overall "shield update". That was like a month ago.
    The +2 LB/turn was always there, it was just part of an effect (Hoppy Momento).

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    The STMR is because it's a shield so it got big stat boosts as part of the overall "shield update". That was like a month ago.
    The +2 LB/turn was always there, it was just part of an effect (Hoppy Momento).
    Yeah, I wasn't seeing any differences other than the shield stat update that we already knew about. I was just making sure I wasn't missing anything. I forgot about the Hoppy Momento buff. Thanks!

• Options
    Nailed the 10 billion for Odin. Gonna wait till Thursday for Diabolos so I can get hopefully get some more LB pots from the Easter event for Dark Fina and Sol... and the Ymir fist should go well on them too.

• Options
    Nailed the 10 billion for Odin. Gonna wait till Thursday for Diabolos so I can get hopefully get some more LB pots from the Easter event for Dark Fina and Sol... and the Ymir fist should go well on them too.

7.9 billion is my current watermark on Diabolos, gonna make some tweaks and see what I can do to push that.

• Options
    Huh. Odin weak to ice? I might actually bother going past the 4 base stages this time, then. Mostly cause I got Cleome and she seems like she should make that less annoying than usual.

EDIT: Yup. That took a bit of time to equip everyone, but that went about how you'd expect.

• Options
    DV done. Didn't even get 1b on Asura but did OTKO on turn 3 with no damage. I just want to clear as fast as possible. Vinera is pretty good, pretty glad for that random pull

• Options

Maintenance Incoming!
    Use up those raid coins!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/mh1hta/gl_maintenance_0401_whats_ending_and_when/

• Options
    Daily pull netted me another Sterne, so I either have access to two of his STMRs or I saved myself an omniprism. Either way, neat!

• Options
    It turns out that I had 4x WoTV Gilgamesh from pulling for Vinera. So, I grabbed a 2nd of his STMR. I used one of my many omniprisms to get Sterne's STMR since I had 3 of him from pulls. I didn't see a reason to get 2 of his STMR. Also, I used my summon coins so I will be able to EX+2 Vinera for another copy of her STMR. I think I have enough gear and materia now to get max LB damage on multiple units.

• Options
    So turns out the Chamber of the Vengeful is uh.. really power crept. Cleared out a few for some King/Normal LB pots and now Dark Fina and Sol have a maxed out LB to help with DV.

• Options
    Why is it that JP gets all of the best April fools jokes and rewards. I don't think we got anything last year. I'm not sure we'll get anything this year. Although, they have a perfect opportunity with maintenance falling on April 1st to "Maintenance extended by 8 hours due to unforeseen circumstances. April fools! Enjoy the 800 lapis compensation!"

• Options
    9.5 billion on Diabolos... this is infuriating, and I have never been angrier lacking a moogle charm then I have right now.

• Options
    9.5 billion on Diabolos... this is infuriating, and I have never been angrier lacking a moogle charm then I have right now.

Thankfully the Moogle Charm is obtainable in the FFXV chronicle battle, which we should be getting within the next month or so.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Cruor wrote: »

Thankfully the Moogle Charm is obtainable in the FFXV chronicle battle, which we should be getting within the next month or so.

Oh I could cry, 9,984,900,901. I had somehow unequipped Faris sword on the earlier ones. So damn close.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    Thankfully DV has another week so you have time to figure the cap out.

• Options
    Thankfully DV has another week so you have time to figure the cap out.

I have a little LB room with regards to burst pots so hoping that will make the difference currently.

• Options
    Magic stages have the problem that finding magical chainers in the same element is a pain in the behind. Like I have some mages, but unlike with physical, where you can just imbue, with magic I'm kind of at the mercy of the fact that it feels like no element is shared by more than two mages in this NV era. What the heck do people do, just normal chain with randoms and get all the damage off finishers, or what?

• Options

Oh I could cry, 9,984,900,901. I had somehow unequipped Faris sword on the earlier ones. So damn close.

You uh.. mind sharing your units for this one? Haven't been able to find any good Diabolos strats yet.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I didn't have time to do any checks. How did the Esther rework turn out? I'm not seeing reddit blowing up right now, so the jury must still be out.

edit: I found a post. Looks like her rework is okay. She's not going to be up there with NV/NVA like the rework of Tidus and CG Noctis, but she can be an acceptable LB damage dealer again. Spreadsheet damage shows her at approximately 70% of Tifa's burst.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    They made Esther's counter attack AoE and she has innate T-cast now, she's a monster in arena now.

• Options
    They made Esther's counter attack AoE and she has innate T-cast now, she's a monster in arena now.

Yup. Bolting Strike will be banned on "No Debuff" weeks though, which is a shame.

• Options
    I'll stick with my NV/NVA units for arena since they can equip the Scorpion VC for the 4k HP barrier. So far, non of the LB spam teams have been able to take me down on turn 1. I don't think Esther ever survived those assaults and most of her kit gets banned every other week.

• Options
    Is anyone planning to take on Ymir today? What unit do you need built?

• Options

You uh.. mind sharing your units for this one? Haven't been able to find any good Diabolos strats yet.

Current setup is:
    Relm for passive provoke evade, dualcast baraeoraga and barblizzaga, LB fill, chain score, rod imperil, and LB for amplify
    Raina for chain score, 10000 needles, and tag chain on kill turn
    Solina for chain score, Bushiso Freedom, Demon Killer buff, and LB on kill
    Terra for chain score, LB field, and LB on kill
    Faris for chain score, breaks, fire imperil, and LB on kill
    Lasswell for chain score, LB on kill

All units in all forms have at least 20% ice and wind resist

Battle Plan: (Note, start Faris in BS)
    Turn 1:
    Relm dual bar spells, Raina AMoE chain, Solina CWA, Terra Rallying Cry, BS Faris AMoE, Lasswell AMoE

Turn 2: Relm dual CWA, Raina AMoE, Solina CWA, Terra CWA, BS Faris AMoE, Lasswell AMoE

Turn 3: Relm LB fill and AMoE, Raina AMoE, Solina CWA, Terra CWA, BS Faris LB for breaks and fire imperil, Lasswell AMoE

Turn 4: Raina 10000 needles, Solina Bushido Freedom party to remove imperils, Terra LB for LB field, BS Faris use BS buffs, Lasswell use craftsman book to imbue fire, Relm dual bar spells

Turn 5: Relm Rod imperil, Raina BS unlock quad cast, Solina BS buff mag, earth amplify, and demon killer buff, Terra BS amp fire and buff/fill LB, Faris shift to base and Aero Cannon for wind imperil, Lasswell BS buff LB damage and mag

Turn 6 (Kill): Relm LB to amp fire solo, BS Raina quad fire tag chain, BS Solina Earth LB, BS Terra LB, Faris LB, BS Lasswell LB

Send Relm solo and wait to finish. Then for kill Send Terra first, wait a second or two, then send Solina, then send Faris about a heartbeat after, then send Raina immediately after to chain, wait on chain build then send Lasswell.

Hope this helps :)

• Options
    Got an NV with a random ticket in the Melia banner. FUCKING CLOUD JESUS FUCK.

Ahem.

I may just EX+3 him for the card, and then I think I'll still have enough fragments to EX+1 the next copy of him for yet another card.

• Options
    Yeah, that 2% off-banner rate is soul crushing... It was the same back when they raised the rainbow crystal drop rate to 3%.

Out of all the summons and rewards today, I pulled a 4th BM Arc with the 10+1 ticket. That's a pretty nice MAG hat! I used 2 tickets on the Melia banner - both golds. No NV's or anything else of note from the EX tickets.

• Options
    I... ended up with 3 Melias. Suffice to say, she is in her BS form in Event 1 slot set up for spirit bombing stuff. Enjoy.

• Options
    Boom. Perfect Diabolos. Now I can just do my best on Asura and that’ll round out my rank. Method for those that care was exactly as I laid out earlier with the sole variance being I geared base Raina for perfect dodge and some draw and set to Golem so they could provoke the first few turns to make up for Relm only being able to fit 80% draw without moogle charm. That way, there was only two turns where there was a chance of missed draw.

3yy4zvqgxdk5.jpeg